tyrant666

"Jason hasn't been nerfed, the Counselors have just gotten better" Do you believe this?

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Pretty much. You need "skill" as Jason to overcome the balance shortcomings and bugs. Catching counselors is the fine art of defying the wonky game issues and succeeding in spite of them. It isn't really the Jason player's skill versus the counselor player's skill.

This sums up how I feel pretty much.

I've said it before but I don't feel like I'm losing to skilled counselors- I'm losing to broken game mechanics. The group on XBox I played with are all highly skilled players and I expect to struggle and to do very poorly. Combined with Jason's broken combat, it's not even a little fun. The rare chance a skilled player makes a mistake, I can't capitalize because the game is working against me.

I don't want to take the time to master broken combat. I had my fill of a broken Friday the 13th game on Nintendo.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

This is very true! If you understand how to play as Jason and can do it well your fine, I still do great as Jason. Though I only play Part 8, I can still kill everyone in one match. It may just be my game play but it seems like others are on my page here.

They do need to buff him up and fix the broken mechanics.  Crouching shouldn't make you immune to Jason slashing you. The melee range needs buffing and the current grab needs a wider radius. Jason should feel powerful and easy-to-use. Right now he is neither.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watching some old gameplay- counselors used to run from Jason, now they all run towards him because he's stunned and/or evaded so easily...

• Like 3

I think they should probably consider buffing how many hits it takes to get Jason's masks off too.

I've never once been killed as Jason, but I've also seen more and more random lobbies not being afraid of Jason (because nerfs/bugs) and practically trying to demask him constantly, and these weren't friends, just randoms in a lot of these games.

Killing Jason should be a big deal and something that requires a degree of difficulty. Having the strongest counselors hit him twice with a machete to demask him at this point seems like its just too easy.

I would almost go as far as simply making it so only Tommy can demask him and kill him but that might be too far. Maybe making it so its around 10 hits to get his mask off instead of 2 or 3 would be a good start.

34 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I think they should probably consider buffing how many hits it takes to get Jason's masks off too.

i've seen tommy demask jason with one hit in rounds where, prior to his arrival, jason wasn't really getting stunned all that much. with everything else going on as far as balance goes, this is pretty dumb. 

• Like 1

@matisangry

Yep.

Needs a massive buff. When counselors have no fear of Jason and can demask him just as quick, it just goes to show much more difficult it should be to do this.

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

@matisangry

Yep.

Needs a massive buff. When counselors have no fear of Jason and can demask him just as quick, it just goes to show much more difficult it should be to do this.

yeah, for sure. it use to be much more difficult. i swear half of the games i play now end with jason being demasked - even during matches where he still kills 8/8 he's getting his masked knocked off. 

if gun's stance is that jason hasn't been nerfed, counselors have just gotten better, that's great... i don't even disagree with the second half of their statement... but something needs to be done to swing the odds in jason's favor, which should always be the case. as it sits, jason just gets his ass beat when facing 7 GOOD counselors. 

I’ve noticed a huge spike in people playing as faster characters.  Public matches especially.  Running out the clock seems to be popular with most now instead of escaping.  There was a game where I played as Deb and fixed the phone and called the cops rather quick.  After escaping I watched as the remaining players trolled the hell out of Jason.  They didn’t go to the police but just stayed and ran/beat him ragged.  The Jason wasn’t new either, lvl 101.  Actually felt sorry for him, which is odd in my mind to feel sorry for someone trying to kill everyone.  This has been happening a lot and I would like to see some sort of balance brought back.  I actually get more nervous playing as Jason now than playing a counselor lol.  That in my eyes shouldn’t be the case.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gdain said:

I’ve noticed a huge spike in people playing as faster characters.  Public matches especially.  Running out the clock seems to be popular with most now instead of escaping.  There was a game where I played as Deb and fixed the phone and called the cops rather quick.  After escaping I watched as the remaining players trolled the hell out of Jason.  They didn’t go to the police but just stayed and ran/beat him ragged.  The Jason wasn’t new either, lvl 101.  Actually felt sorry for him, which is odd in my mind to feel sorry for someone trying to kill everyone.  This has been happening a lot and I would like to see some sort of balance brought back.  I actually get more nervous playing as Jason now than playing a counselor lol.  That in my eyes shouldn’t be the case.  

Yes, exactly my experience as well. I feel really anxious when playing Jason now cuz of the possibility of being killed or being trolled by people who use their mics and spit their venom. I average about 5/7 now since the nerf patch, with only a couple of matches where I left no survivors and I gotta say it's been the most frustrating experience ever and most annoying as I gotta listen to the trolls talk trash as they circle jerk stun me. In the end, I still get the kills but I don't think they care because the point of the game now apparently is to chase Jason and beat him to a pulp. I miss the days when players were scared the minute they saw Jason and ran as fast and far away as possible. It's baffling how counselors now run TOWARDS Jason.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StallonSilver said:

I miss the days when players were scared the minute they saw Jason and ran as fast and far away as possible. It's baffling how counselors now run TOWARDS Jason.

Lol so do I.  I’ve also seen Jason go into combat stance to avoid the blows.  Against a group it seems almost useless since while you’re blocking the hits, the rest are regaining stamina.  They all run off and it repeats.  Weapons do break eventually, but there really is no shortage of them.  Heck I saw a group wailing on Jason with pots for 20 minuets.  Game doesn’t feel right to me anymore.  

Also saw last night Jason trying to snipe the player with the sweater with knives.  Was doing pretty good until the healed them and he ran out of knives. ?

31 minutes ago, Gdain said:

Lol so do I.  I’ve also seen Jason go into combat stance to avoid the blows.  Against a group it seems almost useless since while you’re blocking the hits, the rest are regaining stamina.  They all run off and it repeats.  Weapons do break eventually, but there really is no shortage of them.  Heck I saw a group wailing on Jason with pots for 20 minuets.  Game doesn’t feel right to me anymore.  

Also saw last night Jason trying to snipe the player with the sweater with knives.  Was doing pretty good until the healed them and he ran out of knives. ?

Yep. Seeing a lot of that on PC.

Sad to see Jason so neutered and powerless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gdain said:

First time this happened to me I thought.. "Ok fvkers, I'm gonna combat stance your circle jerk and slash you all to death faster than you could find a stable quick match lobby."

But nope. They apparently nerfed the combat stance too cuz now when I block an attack with Jason, he cannot counter for a few seconds. Precious seconds that allow the counselors to retreat and come back for another attack.

On 11/26/2017 at 10:43 AM, Dolemite said:

He does. What this Randy person was saying has made me lose all hope for the game.

I was watching this video yesterday, and it shocked me how good Jason't grab used to be. Look at the grab at 6:40...with the current patch, that counselor would have easily sailed on by with Jason grabbing nothing but air.

This is when Jason was good.

19 minutes ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

Oh man this video brought back happy memories. This is when escape victories were earned and no survivor sweeps were extra satisfying. Before the dark times.. before the Nerfing.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

The only thing impressive about that video is the fact that he's running it at 4k. I want a 4k monitor but that'll mean buying a new graphics card.

That looked like it could happen today. In fact, that looked like 5 of my 7 Jason rounds last night.

The game was on fire! They kept giving me Jason. 3 times in a row at one point. 

I hate to say it, but when they buff Jason, it's gonna be a slaughter.

[EDIT] My 666th post

13 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

The only thing impressive about that video is the fact that he's running it at 4k. I want a 4k monitor but that'll mean buying a new graphics card.

That looked like it could happen today. In fact that looked like 5 of my 7 Jason rounds last night.

The game was on fire! They kept giving me Jason. 3 times in a row at one point. 

I hate to say it, but when they buff Jason, it's gonna be a slaughter.

Congrats on your 666th post :)

Btw, please tell me what type of retro servers are you playing in cuz that certainly does NOT look like games look today. This video had them original grabs where counselors knew better than to hover around Jason kinda like we instinctively know getting too close to a barking dog with rabies is begging for trouble. 

If team killing still existed, I'd probably be more scared to be around a counselor with a shotgun than standing inches away from the new nerfed Jason.

1 hour ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

Lol when I started playing, this was the first video I watched for advice.

11 hours ago, matisangry said:

i've seen tommy demask jason with one hit in rounds where, prior to his arrival, jason wasn't really getting stunned all that much. with everything else going on as far as balance goes, this is pretty dumb. 

Jason would have had to have taken some damage prior to Tommy being there. Since Tommy has 10 strength like Buggzy, it takes 2 combat swings with an ax or machete. Also, stuns to Jason actually do NO damage to Jason, only the hits that do not stun do.

Id link my old combat Thread but the new website hates me.

1 hour ago, StallonSilver said:

Congrats on your 666th post :)

Btw, please tell me what type of retro servers are you playing on....

Thanks!

Fortunately for me, PCs don't have sucky servers; aka they're dedicated. 

All his grabs (except for one of them) looked on point to how they would work now. He's also knows how to position himself well, coming out of shift.

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

“GUNN FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME”.

Well I guess like many have already done so... I'm taking a leave of absence from this game. Sigh. 

I just got off of another ridiculous match as Jason where not only did my morphs/shifts randomly stop working, but once again, I missed grabbing the trolls over 30 times and struck out swinging due to that horrible melee hit detection. I was slaughtered by children, tea bagged, and harassed over the mic. They called the cops but instead of escaping, they decided to circle jerk me right in front of the police for a whole 5 or 6 minutes and troll me. They had ample time to escape,  but nope, no one does that anymore. They chased ME inside a house when they noticed I stopped engaging them.

It's a good thing I had already killed the girl with the sweater or I might have been truly embarrassed. I ended up morphing to the other side of the map and just waited out the last 5 minutes of the game. None of them escaped despite being directly in front of the exit. They kept talking trash and let the time expire. 3/8 final score. 

This game has become toxic, not enjoyable and simply unacceptable to me as a die hard fan who was playing since Day 1. I've realized that my better days now as Jason since the nerf patch has been mostly against noobs or really bad counselors. I might get 5 or 6 kills if a team plays by the original purpose of the game which was to work co-op and escape while avoiding Jason. But if a semi decent team decides to ignore fixing the car or boat and instead prepares the entire match to fully equip themselves with pocket knives, health sprays, high melee weapons, 2 shotguns, etc...Jason is finished. And if they're playing as high stamina/speed characters, the torture can last for the entire match.

This game is broken and balance has been swayed completely to the counselors in the most unfairest of ways. This is worse than the glitch abusers during the early days of launch, because glitches are unreliable and do not always work. But right now, most people have figured out that Jason is a wimp and there's no threat to come near him for not only will he miss you 80% of the time but if you're grabbed, the circle jerk gang will just pound him in the back with stick. What a disservice these developers have done not only to their loyal fans and backers but to the franchise and the Voorhees name. 

It's been nice meeting all of you and I will probably continue posting/commenting here since it's fun and I seem to enjoy reading everyone's points of views more than actually playing this broken game. As a fan of the franchise I will always be curious to see if they patch things up again in the future and balance Jason out as he is supposed to be and once was. I'm still curious as to the Paranoia game mode and other goodies. but right now, playing this game, especially as Jason, is not fun and has tarnished my view of who I once considered one of the most ruthless slasher villains of all time.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StallonSilver said:

It's been nice meeting all of you and I will probably continue posting/commenting here since it's fun and I seem to enjoy reading everyone's points of views more than actually playing this broken game.

This is worth repeating since I'm under the impression many of our OG members like posting here more than actually playing the game. And I think it's because they know better than anyone else what the premise of the game was and what it turned out to be. It's not the fault of the playerbase, it's the fault of the design. 

Personally, I've been an active member here from the start of the year and was following the game well before that. A backer just like everyone from that time. Since release I took it upon myself to adapt to the gameplay as it evolved, and accept it for what it is and find fun in it. But I think my interest has waned now. I'm still on here almost daily, discussing the gameplay, testing it out, relaying what I've learned and learning from others, however the game is on its way out for me too now as I've been playing considerably less.

For the moment, I will remain patient to see what the remainder of the year brings.

People are starting to get salty if they don´t kill Jason on  a regular base right now. It is too easy. Killing him shouldn´t be easy, so yeah, something is not right here.

@Tommy86

I've heard (and have said myself) that the forum is better than the actual game. If the game was great or at least working properly I don't think there would be many of us here.

22 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

People are starting to get salty if they don´t kill Jason on  a regular base right now. It is too easy. Killing him shouldn´t be easy, so yeah, something is not right here.

The computer says Jason is a "dead fuck".

• Like 1