I've searched and I didn't find anything, in case somebody reads that as a "new-player", before joining a lobby with no idea.

I do see a lot of people who saving their own life as Tommy Jarvis or Slayin around with Jason or even open every cabin and leave them open.

of course, everybody could do whatever he wants but maybe somebody reads that it be useful for him/her.

Counselor:

If you play as a Counselor, first make sure to AIM yourself. Whenever you go into a Cabin/House just LOCK up the doors and OPEN the windows . If you do not lock up the doors, it's a pleasure for Jason to join your Cabin. Also if you being chased, you can jump into the Windows and Jason cannot!

If you found a part: Battery, Fuel, Fuse let others know where it is, that somebody with a high Repair-State can take it. Or take it to the Car/Phone and drop it there, if you can't fix it, cause of low repair.
Communication is very useful, sometimes.

Protect other Counselors while somebody is fixing the Car/Phone!

If you have fixed the Car and got the Keys, make sure to pick up some other Counselors, in case you can. Do not run them over or leave them alone, if you have the chance to pick them up.

Tommy Jarvis:

If you're chosen to be Tommy Jarvis, make sure HELP all other Counselors! You're not suppose to leave the camp until all other Counselors are save! You're the last guy to leave the camp!
Don't be a Tommy Jarvis everybody hates, cause saving your own  life or running like a pro anywhere in the map, while others being killed.

Jason Voorhees:
So you gonna be Jason Voorhees. Make sure to NOT slashing around like a pro. It makes no fun if you slashing around. Use your Skills and grab people!

Anyhow, thanks for the attention. In case you want to add something, feel free to write whatever your mind is up to.

About the Sweater/Mask:
If you got Pamela's Sweater, make sure to stay alive and do not use it on him just for fun, if Tommy is in the Game as well and do have a Machete, get with other Counselors together and prepare for killing him.
Whenever it is time, use the Sweater and the Mask while Tommy killing Jason. Stay Together.

Additonal:
VOICE CHAT while Jason is around you

You may not talk about where you go, where somebody is something doing right now, while Jason is around you. He can hear you and may destroy your plan.
If you want to joke him, you can of course talk something's which is not true.

I heard somebody today: He is in the house now, get out. So I didn't even got in the cabin and expected him at the window, where he died.

About the Jason part, last night i had a match with 5 counselours that were friends and very experienced, and let me say, i was so laid back and they were so prepared that i ended up slashing those 5 guys and killing with grabs the remaining 2, there's no shame in slashing and you should play the way you want, and damn, sometimes slash IS the way to go, sure, is boring, but is that or letting 5 or so counselours escape. 

1 hour ago, Prydacor said:

If you play as a Counselor, first make sure to AIM yourself. Whenever you go into a Cabin/House just LOCK up the doors and OPEN the windows . If you do not lock up the doors, it's a pleasure for Jason to join your Cabin. Also if you being chased, you can jump into the Windows and Jason cannot!

Just like you cannot enter or exit through doors you have locked, which can kill you or other counselors if the door is the only immediate means of access in a situation. Do not lock cabins unless necessary. Necessary means Jason is in vicinity. It's a waste of precious time early match (especially if you're busy opening windows) before Jason has Shift which can be better used for looting and finding parts, and a waste as soon as Jason gets Rage as he can bulldoze through doors in one hit. 

Communication is very useful, sometimes.

Communication is very useful always.

So you gonna be Jason Voorhees. Make sure to NOT slashing around like a pro. It makes no fun if you slashing around. Use your Skills and grab people!

Slashing is more viable than Grabs depending on who you're playing against and at what point in the match. Against any mobs / groups, never grab. Not unless there's no one else in proximity. Otherwise another counselor will either save them by hitting you or your victim will have a pocket knife, and either way you're getting stunned.

Otherwise you're on the right track. Best guides and reputable source of knowledge for F13 are Here by the author Rydog. Well worth the time reading. Certain parts are outdated now but you can ask here for more info if you are unsure.

It's a bad idea to drop fuel or battery at the objectives. If you drop them outside Jason can trap them. Better drop them at the nearest cabin.

And don't listen to OP about the Jason slashing part. Slashing is part of the game so use it. There are numerous reasons to better slash than grab even if that hurts the feelings of some players.

My biggest advice would be... If you have a pocket knife -> USE it! Don't be that selfish guy that keeps 3 pocket knifes for himself while all others can't do shit because the objectives are trapped. If you have the luck to find pocket knifes use them to disarm jasons traps at the car or phone.

Just now, bjoernsen80 said:

It's a bad idea to drop fuel or battery at the objectives. If you drop them outside Jason can trap them. Better drop them at the nearest cabin.

No, Jason can't trap them. It doesn't work, you can pick up the part even if there's a trap directly on it.

1 minute ago, bjoernsen80 said:

My biggest advice would be... If you have a pocket knife -> USE it! Don't be that selfish guy that keeps 3 pocket knifes for himself while all others can't do shit because the objectives are trapped. If you have the luck to find pocket knifes use them to disarm jasons traps at the car or phone.

Pocket knives are better kept for combat, since they are essentially another life if Jason grabs you. Traps can be easily disarmed by stepping into them and med spraying to regain health. This is because whether or not you silently disable traps, Jason can show up of his own accord anyway just to check if there's activity (especially if he saw your pings). So unless there's only 1 trap and you have the part, there's no point in using a pocket knife. Just step in it, heal and run off. Jason will likely not have extra traps to replace with (unless it's Part 2), so anyone can come later with the part to put it in safely.

thank you for all those answers. 

of  course, slashing sometimes is useful, whenrver u got no other choise, what I've exactly meant is: do not slash from the beginning without doin anything else.

locking the doors in my opinion is useful when you've entered a cabin, but however as you play is up to you.

This thread should not be force you to play like the way descirbed, it should form a better teamplay.

apologize  any misspellings while im on mobile 

Clearly didn't search very well, as there's a pinned thread on this. We have several other guides from a very experienced community too.

Besides...these threads are always derailed by noobs who still don't understand to barricade all doors.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Besides...these threads are always derailed by noobs who still don't understand to barricade all doors.

Really hope you're not calling me a noob for having a different opinion on it. 

Barricading every door on autopilot is not a good thing whether you're for or against. Both sides of the argument have valid points but I will stick to my opinion that doors are better left open in general, unless Jason is in proximity. Special exceptions are Tommy house and Phone house for obvious reasons. I wrote a very detailed post about it in the Playbook you linked, I suggest you have a read of it.

19 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Really hope you're not calling me a noob for having a different opinion on it. 

Barricading every door on autopilot is not a good thing whether you're for or against. Both sides of the argument have valid points but I will stick to my opinion that doors are better left open in general, unless Jason is in proximity. Special exceptions are Tommy house and Phone house for obvious reasons. I wrote a very detailed post about it in the Playbook you linked, I suggest you have a read of it.

Yeah, cause getting other players killed because you didn't lock a cabin door is a great strategy.....for you.  Fuck those other guys that are on the run from Jason, right?   Especially with the tunnel vision most Jason players have.  But, hey.   It bought you seconds to speed loot.  Because three pocket knives are useful when no objectives have been completed and you are the last one left.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Yeah, cause getting other players killed because you didn't lock a cabin door is a great strategy.....for you.  Fuck those other guys that are on the run from Jason, right?   Especially with the tunnel vision most Jason players have.  But, hey.   It bought you seconds to speed loot.  Because three pocket knives are useful when no objectives have been completed and you are the last one left.  

You'd do well to calm down and stop assuming things about what kind of player I am. I'm not even going to bother to directly explain my opinion to you, because you clearly can't comprehend it without getting aggravated. I already said where you can find my reasoning behind it, so go there and read it, or don't. It makes no difference to me what you think.

It goes both ways. If you run into an unlocked cabin, trying to barricade the door could get you slashed if Jason's there. Happens to me on occasion. 

The other day I didn't barricade one of the doors and a Lvl 10 Jason stalked his way in, walked right up to me without me knowing and grabbed me. I wasn't expecting that from the noob. I screamed. I was proud.  

In the beginning I loot quick and lock when I'm done in each house. I'm still trying to find my way with locking doors.

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

No, Jason can't trap them. It doesn't work, you can pick up the part even if there's a trap directly on it.

Pocket knives are better kept for combat, since they are essentially another life if Jason grabs you. Traps can be easily disarmed by stepping into them and med spraying to regain health. This is because whether or not you silently disable traps, Jason can show up of his own accord anyway just to check if there's activity (especially if he saw your pings). So unless there's only 1 trap and you have the part, there's no point in using a pocket knife. Just step in it, heal and run off. Jason will likely not have extra traps to replace with (unless it's Part 2), so anyone can come later with the part to put it in safely.

I completely disagree. If you disarm a trap silently you can repair the objective without jason noticing in 90% of the games. If you step into a trap without thick skinned perk it's a risky game and you have to hope the jason isn't fast & good at morphing. It's even more riskier if you do it with a repair character like deborah because your a high priority target for jason. Second thing is pocket knifes are only useful in combat if you get grabbed, if you get slashed it doesn't help you at all. So yes keeping pocket knifes for combat is selfish if you passed a objective with a trap!

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

You'd do well to calm down and stop assuming things about what kind of player I am. I'm not even going to bother to directly explain my opinion to you, because you clearly can't comprehend it without getting aggravated. I already said where you can find my reasoning behind it, so go there and read it, or don't. It makes no difference to me what you think.

You already said you leave doors open. That's all there is to comprehend.  Now, if I'm on the run, I have to burn extra stamina to get to the door quicker than Jason can so yeah....it's a shitty move.  Even if I get it closed in time, he can still hit me through it.  Guess that doesn't matter though.  There are NO benefits to leaving it unlocked.  It's a dick move.  

• Like 2

I can usually agree with you on most things @Tommy86 but Im one for closing barricaded doors on all cabins and leaving windows open. However, inner doors that just lock, leave them unlocked unless being chased by Jason, they take 3 swings for him to break, and outer doors with windows, dont bother. They break in 1 hit and the animation speed for Jason to break and open the door are roughly the same.

Also as far as guides go here's mine for combat. Sorry I havent done more with it, Ive just been too busy to play.

• Like 1

Just now, bjoernsen80 said:

I completely disagree. If you disarm a trap silently you can repair the objective without jason noticing in 90% of the games. If you step into a trap without thick skinned perk it's a risky game and you have to hope the jason isn't fast & good at morphing. It's even more riskier if you do it with a repair character like deborah because your a high priority target for jason. Second thing is pocket knifes are only useful in combat if you get grabbed, if you get slashed it doesn't help you at all. So yes keeping pocket knifes for combat is selfish if you passed a objective with a trap!

It's not selfish at all. If I find a 2nd pocket knife I will give it to another player. Some Jasons do nothing but slash, that much is true, but it's worth having a knife on you in case they decide to grab. You can also buy other players time this way if need be, or even yourself, by allowing Jason to grab you and use the knife on him. Many uses for it in many situations. 

In regards to tanking traps, there's not really any such thing as good and fast morphing. If Jason can Morph because he's not in cooldown (and is smart enough to do so when an objective is under attack) then he will, and the objective he morphs to will land him in a predetermined space on the grid. That may or may not be right at the objective. Best way to tank is in a coordinated team who will communicate to each other when Jason is in cooldown, after he has just morphed elsewhere for instance. At that point he can do nothing to stop you.

This is what I love about the game, there's many ways to do the same things. 

Personally, if Jason's not around and I see a trapped objective that I could fix and I have a knife...I'm popping the trap and I'm fixing it. I can't wait for someone else not to do it. And I'm not gonna risk Jason coming over by stepping in it. I've never been caught while fixing something after popping a trap.

Stepping in traps vs popping traps all depends on the circumstances.  If you're by yourself and you step in a trap to spring it, that's kinda dumb. That's what all the new players are doing right now. They step in a trap and they aren't even done spraying by the time I get to them for the grab, knife or slash.  

30 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

You already said you leave doors open. That's all there is to comprehend.  Now, if I'm on the run, I have to burn extra stamina to get to the door quicker than Jason can so yeah....it's a shitty move.  Even if I get it closed in time, he can still hit me through it.  Guess that doesn't matter though.  There are NO benefits to leaving it unlocked.  It's a dick move.  

Yet you don't realise the very real possibility that you're on the run and a door might be your safest and most immediate access point to a cabin ie. there are no windows nearby, or they are shuttered (random), or closed which will take time to open or damage yourself by jumping through, or broken already which will cause damage. A counselor will not even see the door is locked until they're at it. Now you have to burn extra stamina to get to a side with a window. Not to mention recovery animation after landing inside through windows, which can be easily punished by throwing knife from Jason (something I do all the time). By entering cabins through doors, you stay standing up and ready to defend.

Worst case scenario if you don't have time to barricade, then you go elsewhere in the cabin. Any cabins other than small ones have inner doors, which can be taken advantage of for door combat to regain stamina.

Satisfied yet? That's just a sample, and I shouldn't have even replied at all given how downright rude you are. But perhaps maybe now you have an inkling of why there may be benefits to leaving doors open even if you don't agree with it. That's what a discussion is, if you can't handle it then do me a favour and keep your comments to yourself.

26 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I can usually agree with you on most things @Tommy86 but Im one for closing barricaded doors on all cabins and leaving windows open. However, inner doors that just lock, leave them unlocked unless being chased by Jason, they take 3 swings for him to break, and outer doors with windows, dont bother. They break in 1 hit and the animation speed for Jason to break and open the door are roughly the same.

This is an example of a reasonable response. I'm good with you on this. Like I said there's pros and cons to it, but in my experience I've killed many a counselor blocked by a barricaded door both inside and outside of cabins. Not every cabin has conveniently placed windows, or even many windows at all. If barricading preemptively, it's always important to check the layout of the cabin and determine whether it might be disadvantageous. As I said before, barricading on autopilot is not something I recommend.

locking doors: ask yourself... what does Jason prefer? 

I've lost track of the number of times I've jumped in to a cabin thinking it was secured because the front door was barricaded only to have jason grab me because he walked in through the open back door. i don't give a shit what a person's excuse is, leaving doors open is selfish and gets people killed. your "play style" is "let everyone else clean up after me so i can get and do all the cool shit." it's fine when you're in a lobby with likeminded players but doing that crap with unsuspecting ones gets people killed. you're expecting everyone to cater to YOUR play style even though YOU are in the minority. also, doors are not"useless" when he gets rage. it still buys you a second or two and if you know what you're doing, it's a free stun. 

also... hoarding pocket knives and tanking traps is S-T-U-P-I-D. "you can just tank em and use a spray!" sure. while immediately alerting jason to your location AND your plans to repair an objective while simultaneously wasting a spray. "he might check the trap anyway." well, sure... he MIGHT... but he definitely WILL if you tank a trap. once a good jason knows you're trying to repair an objective, he's probably not going far. this is especially true with the phone. congratulations: fixing the objective just got way harder. 

really not trying to come off as a dick but this stuff, especially the speed looting... oops... i mean "open door evasion techniques" screw over anyone that doesn't share your play style, which is most players.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Yet you don't realise the very real possibility that you're on the run and a door might be your safest and most immediate access point to a cabin ie. there are no windows nearby, or they are shuttered (random), or closed which will take time to open or damage yourself by jumping through, or broken already which will cause damage. A counselor will not even see the door is locked until they're at it. Now you have to burn extra stamina to get to a side with a window. Not to mention recovery animation after landing inside through windows, which can be easily punished by throwing knife from Jason (something I do all the time). By entering cabins through doors, you stay standing up and ready to defend.

Worst case scenario if you don't have time to barricade, then you go elsewhere in the cabin. Any cabins other than small ones have inner doors, which can be taken advantage of for door combat to regain stamina.

Satisfied yet? That's just a sample, and I shouldn't have even replied at all given how downright rude you are. But perhaps maybe now you have an inkling of why there may be benefits to leaving doors open even if you don't agree with it. That's what a discussion is, if you can't handle it then do me a favour and keep your comments to yourself.

This is an example of a reasonable response. I'm good with you on this. Like I said there's pros and cons to it, but in my experience I've killed many a counselor blocked by a barricaded door both inside and outside of cabins. Not every cabin has conveniently placed windows, or even many windows at all. If barricading preemptively, it's always important to check the layout of the cabin and determine whether it might be disadvantageous. As I said before, barricading on autopilot is not something I recommend.

Never had any issues with anything you've just said.  And this is a free discussion forum.  You post stupid shit, expect responses.  Doors have barricades for a reason.  Use them.  Set the next guy up.  Open windows.  It's not that hard to do.  Glad I don't play with you.  The only people I've seen that like to leave doors unbarred are the same ones who like to set bear traps behind them.   A barricaded door let's the next guy know it has been checked and should be considered a temporary safe haven.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, matisangry said:

I've lost track of the number of times I've jumped in to a cabin thinking it was secured because the front door was barricaded only to have jason grab me because he walked in through the open back door. i don't give a shit what a person's excuse is, leaving doors open is selfish and gets people killed. your "play style" is "let everyone else clean up after me so i can get and do all the cool shit." it's fine when you're in a lobby with likeminded players but doing that crap with unsuspecting ones gets people killed. you're expecting everyone to cater to YOUR play style even though YOU are in the minority. also, doors are not"useless" when he gets rage. it still buys you a second or two and if you know what you're doing, it's a free stun. 

also... hoarding pocket knives and tanking traps is S-T-U-P-I-D. "you can just tank em and use a spray!" sure. while immediately alerting jason to your location AND your plans to repair an objective while simultaneously wasting a spray. "he might check the trap anyway." well, sure... he MIGHT... but he definitely WILL if you tank a trap. once a good jason knows you're trying to repair an objective, he's probably not going far. this is especially true with the phone. congratulations: fixing the objective just got way harder. 

really not trying to come off as a dick but this stuff, especially the speed looting... oops... i mean "open door evasion techniques" screw over anyone that doesn't share your play style, which is most players.

100% agree

The one amusing footnote to this; I can't count the number of times I've jumped into a house that was unsecured thinking I was in a dire situation... which Jason ignored to make sure all my exterior windows were broken, allowing me to lock up.

And locked doors allow for door combat, which I've found to be your best option for leading Jason on a chain chase- at some point, you'll stun him through an unbroken door, which allows you to run to another house, and force him to follow you, usually still leaving the first house relatively intact for you to run back to when you do it again.

5 minutes ago, matisangry said:

Im for tanking traps. Usually you can find where Jason has trapped before youve found the parts. The problem is if people are going to do this and take aggro, they need to learn to lead him AWAY from the objective. Thick Skin can let you tank 2 traps before needing a spray so you can be really annoying to Jason by waiting to pop the second until after he morphs away. Same tactic as messing up on one objective to lure him away from another. It just takes practice.

• Like 1

I'm not going to spend my time arguing with almost everyone in this thread. Some of you are just flat out incorrectly assuming things about my playstyle with absolutely no justification. It is clear you cannot have a reasonable discussion with different opinions about strategies, even when they have been explained with logic, because you're far too passionate about a certain way and too accustomed to it. That's all it comes down to. Closemindedness is not something I abide so this is not worth my time.