Jump to content
Zenflow7

Trolls are slowly ruining your game.

Recommended Posts

As an avid Friday fan, I am beginning to lose hope. I have played F13 for about two months now, and at first - saw a game thats everything Ive always wanted. Seriously, its an amazing concept, and almost all of it was incredibly well put together. Yes, there are some minor bugs and things occasionally float, but its safe to say that has happened in every game and does not ruin a game, at least not for me. I can deal with small things like that. 

 

What I can't deal with though, is why there is currently no Host transfer protocol if the host leaves. And why there is no report function in game. I dont know what it is about this game, but you dont have to read far in the forums to hear similar complaints to mine - this game has attracted some of the worst the gaming community has to offer. Trolls. And Im not just talking about the backstabbing idiots that follow you around opening doors that you lock, or the counselors that work with Jason to kill everyone else, or getting run over by a team mate. (Which should have a FAR greater negative repercussion than it does. There is literally no reason for them NOT to, 200- exp? seriously? they make that up in the same game) 

 

No, Im talking about trolls that are even worse than that. Ill use todays experience as example. 

Early afternoon, log on, excited for a free night of gaming. 

Game #1 Get spawned as jason, kill 3 counselors - one of which was host. Host leaves, game destroyed.

Game #2 Host leaves before game even loads in.

Game #3 Okay, lets try that again. Things are going well - get spawned next to keys, gas & the car. Its a miracle! Now all we need is the battery. After searching a few minutes, I spot the battery on my map. As I'm running to it, a team member picks it up first. Does he run to the car? Nah, he runs the opposite direction to the corner of the map and logs off, destroying the battery. Okay, well - I guess I'm not getting away in the car. Time to call the cops. Get cops on their way and 10 seconds til they arrive, guess what happens. The host leaves! 

Game #4 This time, I get disconnected with a generic message. Who knows if the host left, or if it was just another random server issue. 

Game 5# Spawn in, have bad luck finding anything of much use, decide to run to jasons cabin and make a break for the sweater. Get there & discover he is afk. People slowly leave the match out of boredom, I run the clock down and finally finish a single match. 

An hour. It took me an hour to complete ONE MATCH. Now I get that bad luck happens some days, but this is bordering on absurd. After the last game, I was so frustrated and disheartened at finding a legitimate match I quit for the night and am now on something different. It boggles my mind to think that so many things were done perfectly in this game; yet there is no report player feature, there is no host transfer protocol. Until you fix these issues, your game is destined for dust. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That shouldnt have to be the answer. What if I don't want a PC? Ive been on PSN for years and the majority of people I know who game, are also on PSN. I mean, I get what you're saying - but if they have it on PC, its beyond late to make an appearance for console

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Get a PC we have dedicated servers doesn't matter who leaves.

Currently due to rising costs of pc hardware, you can't build a pc of equivalent quality than what a console gives you, unless you're willing to play on potato settings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mention trolls as your main complaint but most of the examples you just listed are connection issues, not trolling. Yes Rage quitting is a problem but its not the same as trolling. As far as the person leaving after getting the battery, again that could have been just a connection issue. Also what do you mean by the battery being destroyed? If someone logs out/disconnects while holding an item they drop it.

Aaaaand the penalty for a betrayal is -1000xp not -200.

If you think these examples are Trolls, you must not have played when there was friendly fire or roof glitches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

You mention trolls as your main complaint but most of the examples you just listed are connection issues, not trolling. Yes Rage quitting is a problem but its not the same as trolling. As far as the person leaving after getting the battery, again that could have been just a connection issue. Also what do you mean by the battery being destroyed? If someone logs out/disconnects while holding an item they drop it.

Aaaaand the penalty for a betrayal is -1000xp not -200.

If you think these examples are Trolls, you must not have played when there was friendly fire or roof glitches. 

Please read thoroughly, the player ran to the opposite side of the map before he logged. It did not drop, I can guarantee that much. Whether thats a bug or not, is anyone's guess. I consider these people to be trolls, yes. While I did play during friendly fire, I dont think this is any different. People who are knowingly willing to completely waste 7 other peoples time because theyre having a hissy fit. I am certainly not excluding people who run around behind you opening doors from my complaint, either. I am just generalizing the title of troll, because thats how I see these people. Though I am relieved to know its 1k xp, I still think it should be even higher than that. They should LOSE at least a full level. Maybe 2k xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zenflow7 said:

Please read thoroughly, the player ran to the opposite side of the map before he logged. It did not drop, I can guarantee that much. Whether thats a bug or not, is anyone's guess. I consider these people to be trolls, yes. While I did play during friendly fire, I dont think this is any different. People who are knowingly willing to completely waste 7 other peoples time because theyre having a hissy fit. I am certainly not excluding people who run around behind you opening doors from my complaint, either. I am just generalizing the title of troll, because thats how I see these people.

I did read your post.

You stated yourself having problems with connection. Who is to say that the person didnt have a map or knew where the car was? Like I said, thats a poor example of a troll. Theres nothing concrete like them locking it in a one way room or going out to open water to get killed and have the item be lost that way.

Dont assume because I disagree with you that I lack the ability to read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I did read your post.

You stated yourself having problems with connection. Who is to say that the person didnt have a map or knew where the car was? Like I said, thats a poor example of a troll. Theres nothing concrete like them locking it in a one way room or going out to open water to get killed and have the item be lost that way.

Dont assume because I disagree with you that I lack the ability to read.

Seems like you are honestly argueing for the sake of argueing. I was there, I watched the player look at the car, then run the opposite direction and when he got to the corner - logged off. If you dont want someone coming at you sideways, dont assume you know everything about every situation that occurs, when you werent there to witness it. The thread is about trolls in every way shape and form, with two requests. Dedicated servers and a report player feature. If you disagree with those being necessary for console, well - you're just as toxic as the problems themselves. 

 

I mean what exactly are you hoping to achieve with this argument? Because if changing the title to "Rage quitters AND trolls are ruining your game" is what it takes to put this absolutely idiotic arguement down, Ill do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read your post as well.

 

A PC is the in General Superior Gaming platform.

So..get yourself a PC.

 

You say that are unaffordable. For the 500-800 you pay for a console you can get a REALLY good gaming PC unless you are trying to get an alienware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Read your post as well.

 

A PC is the in General Superior Gaming platform.

So..get yourself a PC.

 

You say that are unaffordable. For the 500-800 you pay for a console you can get a REALLY good gaming PC unless you are trying to get an alienware.

Again, its a preference. My community and games I enjoy, are on PlayStation. I also prefer playing from a couch, or wherever the hell I want. I gamed on pc a long time ago, and its just not for me - nor is it for everyone, and it does not answer this issue. Totally irrelevant to the problem at hand. Thats like telling me to go buy a Nissan if Im having problems with my Toyota, at this point. I already spent my money on something, and my issue with the product is not solved by buying something different, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zenflow7 said:

Again, its a preference. My community and games I enjoy, are on PlayStation. I also prefer playing from a couch, or wherever the hell I want. I gamed on pc a long time ago, and its just not for me - nor is it for everyone, and it does not answer this issue. Totally irrelevant to the problem at hand. Thats like telling me to go buy a Nissan if Im having problems with my Toyota, at this point. I already spent my money on something, and my issue with the product is not solved by buying something different, lol.

I'd actually tell you to walk myself, just like I do. 

Okay so it's your preference. Maybe I've just been lucky, but PC doesn't seem to have this problem you are talking about as far as DC's go.

The only time the games ever end early is if Jason leaves, because we have dedicated servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vortex said:

I'd actually tell you to walk myself, just like I do. 

Okay so it's your preference. Maybe I've just been lucky, but PC doesn't seem to have this problem you are talking about as far as DC's go.

The only time the games ever end early is if Jason leaves, because we have dedicated servers.

Lol, I like you. Good answer. 

No, I appreciate that you acknowledge its different on PC. I feel as if we had even just dedicated servers, I could live without a report feature. For me, I just dont enjoy wasting an hour to accomplish a single match..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vortex said:

I'd actually tell you to walk myself, just like I do. 

Okay so it's your preference. Maybe I've just been lucky, but PC doesn't seem to have this problem you are talking about as far as DC's go.

The only time the games ever end early is if Jason leaves, because we have dedicated servers.

There are some connection issues on PS4 but nothing too bad really. Most of the problems I feel are because of poor hosts causing terrible pings. Just ignore OP for now. He just seems like hes looking for a fight..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePunkPirate said:

There are some connection issues on PS4 but nothing too bad really. Most of the problems I feel are because of poor hosts causing terrible pings. Just ignore OP for now. He just seems like hes looking for a fight..

Oh definitely. Sorry, you were the one who prodded without any reasoning other than me using perhaps the wrong wording, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePunkPirate said:

There are some connection issues on PS4 but nothing too bad really. Most of the problems I feel are because of poor hosts causing terrible pings. Just ignore OP for now. He just seems like hes looking for a fight..

Well if that's the situation, as this is my DAY TWO on the game, I'd say hold out for dedicated servers, on your platform of choice.

BTW: One of the reason I proclaim PC the superior platform is the Finesse Mouse and KB have.

It's why in FPS games they don't do cross platform fights anymore, because PC on average rekts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when i turned level 101 me and my friend would would fix the car and run people over lmao hilarious watching people go flying and ragdoll we would place bear traps around the map and kill more people than jason did and since im so good at driving jason could never stop the car and we would be the only ones to escape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed with how people respond:

  • Person: I have an issue.
  • Folks responding: That's your problem!

Grow up. :wacko:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Well if that's the situation, as this is my DAY TWO on the game, I'd say hold out for dedicated servers, on your platform of choice.

BTW: One of the reason I proclaim PC the superior platform is the Finesse Mouse and KB have.

It's why in FPS games they don't do cross platform fights anymore, because PC on average rekts.

They've been holding out for a long time. I really do have to agree that servers should be the number one priority. Or at least I'd feel that way if not for the fact that I too am playing on PC and thus am already covered in that regard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Disappointed with how people respond:

  • Person: I have an issue.
  • Folks responding: That's your problem!

Grow up. :wacko:

Appreciate you. Wasnt trying to stir the pot! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They've been holding out for a long time. I really do have to agree that servers should be the number one priority. Or at least I'd feel that way if not for the fact that I too am playing on PC and thus am already covered in that regard.

Can't argue with the dedicated servers should be number one thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Read your post as well.

 

A PC is the in General Superior Gaming platform.

So..get yourself a PC.

 

You say that are unaffordable. For the 500-800 you pay for a console you can get a REALLY good gaming PC unless you are trying to get an alienware.

Not sure where you are buying your consoles from, but you are getting screwed.  Ps4 was 150 last year with uncharted 4.  And no, most gaming PCs start at 1000 and those are the cookie cutter Best buy systems.  Unless, of course you are relying on an ASUS setup.  So, yes consoles are much more affordable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

Not sure where you are buying your consoles from, but you are getting screwed.  Ps4 was 150 last year with uncharted 4.  And no, most gaming PCs start at 1000 and those are the cookie cutter Best buy systems.  Unless, of course you are relying on an ASUS setup.  So, yes consoles are much more affordable.  

Where are you living then?

90% of consoles when released are the prices I quoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vortex said:

Where are you living then?

90% of consoles when released are the prices I quoted.

Central Illinois.  If you are in a different country, I can see what you are saying.  I know money value is different based on what country you live in, but computers are the expensive route here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

Central Illinois.  If you are in a different country, I can see what you are saying.  I know money value is different based on what country you live in, but computers are the expensive route here.  

Texas here.

Upon release PS4 and Xone/360 where 400-600 per.

If you buy them for that cheap, then you aren't buying them when they are new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vortex said:

Texas here.

Upon release PS4 and Xone/360 where 400-600 per.

If you buy them for that cheap, then you aren't buying them when they are new.

Um....yeah I did.  Bought it last year at Thanksgiving just for f13.  Everything is bigger in Texas....including the price tag.  You got fucked.  Maybe that was the price for a ps pro?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...