Sign in to follow this  
noahvt

Pocket knife being used when it shouldn't be

Hi there

First of all, I don't know if this is intended behaviour or if it's a bug. Either way, it's pretty annoying! 

I was playing as bugzy and I had a pocket knife, me and a couple of other people were trying to get Jason's mask off but I missed and he grabbed me. As soon as he grabbed me, everyone started hitting him and he got knocked out. I was released from his grab, with Jason lying down but my knife still disappeared for some reason... this has happened to me a couple of times already and it's getting pretty annoying. It seems like the knife is used even when someone smacks Jason and you get out of the grab for some reason.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, noahvt said:

Hi there

First of all, I don't know if this is intended behaviour or if it's a bug. Either way, it's pretty annoying! 

I was playing as bugzy and I had a pocket knife, me and a couple of other people were trying to get Jason's mask off but I missed and he grabbed me. As soon as he grabbed me, everyone started hitting him and he got knocked out. I was released from his grab, with Jason lying down but my knife still disappeared for some reason... this has happened to me a couple of times already and it's getting pretty annoying. It seems like the knife is used even when someone smacks Jason and you get out of the grab for some reason.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It is a bug that happens unfortunately.

If you have a knife and get grabbed you automatically use it. Doesn’t matter if someone hits Jason or not. It wouldn’t make sense to allow you to keep the pocketknife just because someone hit Jason. If that were the case counselor’s would get numerous get out of jail free cards and still have their trump card up their sleeve.  I could only see this being abused. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

If you have a knife and get grabbed you automatically use it. Doesn’t matter if someone hits Jason or not. It wouldn’t make sense to allow you to keep the pocketknife just because someone hit Jason. If that were the case counselor’s would get numerous get out of jail free cards and still have their trump card up their sleeve.  I could only see this being abused. 

This is not correct- you've got a second or two for someone to free you before you use your knife.

1 minute ago, SDA said:

This is not correct- you've got a second or two for someone to free you before you use your knife.

Never worked that way in my experience. Knife is activated every time. Doesn’t matter if nearby counselors were ready to rock the moment I get grabbed the knife goes out. Even if I am struck free. 

It definitely can happen where you are freed by a fellow counselor and keep your knife, I believe it has to be done as Jason is lifting you up after grabbing you in order to not use the knife. 

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the grace period on knives went away when Jason was able to throw counselors through windows before the knife triggered. Ever since then, your knife gets used even if other counselors attack Jason.

Either way...it's a fine line. If you have a pocket knife and Jason grabs you, the only reliable method is that the knife gets used / you escape. Hit detection isn't reliable enough to depend on counselors to knock you loose.

• Like 1

Considering you can be standing next to Jason as he picks up your buddie only to have you swing on him three to five times and he never drops them. 

Im sure you can guess what happens next. 

Hit detection isn't reliable enough to depend on counselors to knock you loose.

I'll drink to that. ಥ_ಥ

Jason suffers flashbacks of this sort of thing. Memories of the times he swung at the counselor who was there but she laughed at him as his weapon passed through the apparition. He is haunted by these images. Some say this is why he drowned, it wasn’t the counselor’s negligence, but Jason’s guilt that drove him under. 

Well I totally disagree with another thing about pocket knives....the disactivation of Jason[s traps.  Logically they should not be able to.

I know they didn’t change anything but it feels like there’s more pocket knives available than there used to be. Nearly every grab someone has one. I’ve even seen counselor’s kill tommy with the car to take his shit.