Sign in to follow this  
DrLeatherface

Disable Party Chat?

Not sure if this should go in general chat or sugestions.. but as my time with the game increases I see more and more people doing what I would call cheating, by using party chat to avoid being heard by Jason. 

The whole mechanic of Jason being able to find councelors via them talking if he was near was one of the cooler aspects of the game when it was announced. When I first started playing it was fun to sneak up on people in stalk and listen to them discuss their detailed plans and then have the best time totally ruining them and causing chaos! 

Now that people are abusing party chat to bypass this and other features it's got me wondering if there is anything the developers could implement to block party chat from being used in game? Something tells me probably not.. but it's a shame to see a cool gameplay feature like that disappear as time goes on.

• Like 1

Perhaps on consoles but not on PC. There are far too many third-party voip programs that you would have to block and it would be extremely easy to bypass anyway with the most simple understanding of computer systems.

20 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

But you can just mute Jason in the game without having to go into Party Chat.

I'm talking about people abusing party chat to avoid councelors being heard by Jason. Not muting Jason.

8 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Perhaps on consoles but not on PC. There are far too many third-party voip programs that you would have to block and it would be extremely easy to bypass anyway with the most simple understanding of computer systems.

Yeah I play on PS4 so I didn't even think about all the options people have on PC.. I just think party chat ruins some of the fun and makes the walkie-talkie aspect kinda pointless.  

No. Too many players rely on this feature, so they would naturally whine to Gun and Illfonic, who would then reverse the change.

6 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

The worst is when they use party chat to coordinate with Jason and give people's locations away.

Oh yeah, I've seen that plenty of times. I once saw Jason following a councelor around and stealthily followed them to a cabin. I could see they were communicating in party chat because their names were popping up on screen but you couldn't hear them. 

The councelor led Jason to another player hiding and marked it by standing next to it. Jason ignored the dude and killed the one hiding.

4 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

No. Too many players rely on this feature, so they would naturally whine to Gun and Illfonic, who would then reverse the change.

Party chat is not a feature of the game tho.. Its an exploit of game mechanics. It also causes a devide in councelor players in the match as you can't communicate between the two seperate groups of game chat and party chat.

1 hour ago, DrLeatherface said:

Not sure if this should go in general chat or sugestions.. but as my time with the game increases I see more and more people doing what I would call cheating, by using party chat to avoid being heard by Jason. 

The whole mechanic of Jason being able to find councelors via them talking if he was near was one of the cooler aspects of the game when it was announced. When I first started playing it was fun to sneak up on people in stalk and listen to them discuss their detailed plans and then have the best time totally ruining them and causing chaos! 

Now that people are abusing party chat to bypass this and other features it's got me wondering if there is anything the developers could implement to block party chat from being used in game? Something tells me probably not.. but it's a shame to see a cool gameplay feature like that disappear as time goes on.

or just mute your mic most mics come with the option i think if i was being chased by a serial killer with a axe i would also shut my mouth when hiding i so think they should disable party chat for the new game mode paranoia and keep game chat on

• Like 1

Well, that sucks. :( 

I can see Paranoia mode ruined as you know the same cheaters who use it in the regular game will totally abuse it in that. However that mode ends up working out.. but ah well.

Thats a damn shame.

I assume party chat is the discord for consoles?

It's lame. I attempt to play using discord sometimes because a lot of my friends use it, and there will always end up being 1 or more people, that are not even playing the game, that are babbling about some bullshit. 

So now when I play with discord friends on F13 i dont use discord. But that ends up sucking because they're busy in their conversations. So most of the time I ask something in game, they don't even hear me be they're all too busy commenting on some cat picture or something.

I'm here to play the game, not at all in a rigid way, but the game is the main focus. I don't wanna hear what's going on in PUBG. I don't wanna sit and listen to someone, not even playing a video game at all, that I don't even know, babble about something about their job. 

Party chat would be like discord or team speak or even Ventrillo.. but on the consoles its the system party.. like Playstation network party chat, Xbox Party chat (whatever its called, not sure).

When I game with a bunch of my friends and we are in a party, we switch over to game chat so we can communicate in the game and others can hear us as well.

I have to wonder if a lot of people do not realize this option is there as I've run into a bunch of people asking "how do you do this?" (on the ps4)

As beware of bears has said disabling core services is not something developers can do. As for PC also unable to due do to multiple chat programs.

This topic has been around prior to this so I will be locking it.