Anonymous

Halloween The Game should be their next project.

I prefer the Halloween franchise to both Nightmare and Friday, but I think because Michael is pretty much the same in most of the films it'd be hard to get people into playing it.

On 11/25/2017 at 12:42 AM, MichaelMemers said:

I don't think there's enough difference between the appearance and depiction of Freddy and Michael across their series for it to be a big selling point that you can play as most of them, as it is in F13 where they have different abilities and kills. The only difference between different depictions of Michael Myers is that for the most part his mask gets worse with every movie.

Why didn't they keep his mask looking the same the way it did from the first two movies?   I mean it will work nice for a game to give it some variety, just l like Jason's masks always changing in every movie.

8 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

I don't need Gun or Illfonic anywhere near any other horror licenses.

Well, no one else is going to go near them.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Well, no one else is going to go near them.

Dead by Daylight says hello.

Just because Gun was gifted the rights to one franchise does not mean they'll get another. Their previous output were some games called Breach & Clear. Expect them to return to whatever they think will make them a buck. I imagine they'll try for another horror game to attempt to build off this but without a global franchise attached I guarantee you won't see many folks gambling their money with a Gun release again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Dead by Daylight says hello.

Just because Gun was gifted the rights to one franchise does not mean they'll get another. Their previous output were some games called Breach & Clear. Expect them to return to whatever they think will make them a buck. I imagine they'll try for another horror game to attempt to build off this but without a global franchise attached I guarantee you won't see many folks gambling their money with a Gun release again.

Dead by Daylight just isn't the same. It's a lot easier to include a licensed character as a guest character in your game than it is to make an entire game built around them and their franchise. Both in terms of effort and in terms of securing the rights and making it all happen. Hell, Michael Myers was playable in a Call of Duty game. He runs around hacking at soldiers with an axe in multiplayer.

I could so imagine a Halloween night in Haddonfield, and being one of the scariest games on the market. I get chills thinking about it already, lol.

This game opened the door for other franchises to be done in a similar style. I'm sure sometime in the future, someone will make a game for the other well known franchises. (Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc.) If it does turn out to be Gun/Illfonic, let's get them to fine tune this game first, before taking on another project. If it turns out to be someone else, maybe they'll take notes on how this game was done, and do things a bit differently. No matter what, I'd enjoy playing a game set in one of those universes. Like a lot of you here, I have ideas, and I'd like to see them come to life. I'm more of an idea guy than a coder, so I'll just stick to writing my stuff down, and find some like-minded people to compare notes with. I've got close to 90 pages of ideas covering about a dozen proposed games similar to this one.

I have to second The Thing as it's my favorite horror film of all time. The idea of playing in Outpost 31 and trying to figure out who The Thing is is something I would love to see done right.

Gun would likely fuck it up though. They'd nerf The Thing where you wouldn't be able to absorb your prey. I could also see people playing as Blair and meleeing The Thing to no end and you having to listen to him scream "I'LL KILL YOOOOOOU!" the whole time...

NO YOURE WRONG. Gunmedia and Illfonic have more experiance now with what to expect.im sure there expertise and design team will do a great job on a full game for the Halloween franchise.i could see them getting awarded the gig to create The Halloween game. a full Halloween game needs to be created since Halloween was the Movie that started The slasher franchise.Im hoping that Wes from Gunmedia will talk to John Carpenter and ask him to help them get the Rights to create the game the right way.once John Carpenter sees how well of a job they did with Friday the 13th the Game as a small time company he will be impressed.

15 minutes ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

Halloween was the Movie that started The slasher franchise

Leatherface might disagree with that.

I think Micheal Myers is too similar to Jason to make a game that would feel fresh enough. Micheal should be 3rd, but Freddy should be next!

I say they should make a prototype of a Freddy game, based off the existing F13 build, and take it to New Line for a pitch. Once they see even the smallest possibilities of the game, coupled with knowledge of 2 million + copies sold of F13, they'd have to say yes. 

NO Freddy is probably going to be in The Friday the 13th game because soo many people have asked for it. We need A Halloween game that is done right and made right.not the generic small Hallowween map made by Dead By Daylight. a full Halloween game should be made.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:31 PM, Redcat345 said:

Bad idea, they will Nerf Michael's grab, put stupid dance emotes, and have all the bugs f13 has in addition to weakening Michael to appease the casuals.

Sad, but most likely true. They appear to have accidentally stumbled into a winning formula, only to ruin it with unnecessary nerfs and uninspired (and unusual) balance decisions.

20 hours ago, Fair Play said:

This game opened the door for other franchises to be done in a similar style. I'm sure sometime in the future, someone will make a game for the other well known franchises. (Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc.) If it does turn out to be Gun/Illfonic, let's get them to fine tune this game first, before taking on another project. If it turns out to be someone else, maybe they'll take notes on how this game was done, and do things a bit differently. No matter what, I'd enjoy playing a game set in one of those universes. Like a lot of you here, I have ideas, and I'd like to see them come to life. I'm more of an idea guy than a coder, so I'll just stick to writing my stuff down, and find some like-minded people to compare notes with. I've got close to 90 pages of ideas covering about a dozen proposed games similar to this one.

I hope the door has been opened for games like this. Hopefully someone takes the original winning formula and improve on it.

A Halloween game like the F13 Oct. 11 patch? Sign me up. Aliens would work, too. No end to the possibilities once someone takes the winning formula and runs home with it.

Edit: I'm kind of an idea guy, myself. We have some things in common it seems...

People like to talk crap about idea guys. Most devs have the tech know-how,  but no imagination. All it takes is to look around at all the war simulations, action movies sims, and other open world ideas all using the same tired tropes and all set on Earth. In America.

The industry NEEDS people like us more than they care to admit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caulus said:

I hope the door has been opened for games like this. Hopefully someone takes the original winning formula and improve on it.

A Halloween game like the F13 Oct. 11 patch? Sign me up. Aliens would work, too. No end to the possibilities once someone takes the winning formula and runs home with it.

Edit: I'm kind of an idea guy, myself. We have some things in common it seems...

People like to talk crap about idea guys. Most devs have the tech know-how,  but no imagination. All it takes is to look around at all the war simulations, action movies sims, and other open world ideas all using the same tired tropes and all set on Earth. In America.

The industry NEEDS people like us more than they care to admit.

I've caught my fair share of criticism over the years for my ideas. I agree wholeheartedly  that imagination is just as important as the technical know-how. I think every industry needs more outside the box thinking... B)

9 hours ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

NO Freddy is probably going to be in The Friday the 13th game because soo many people have asked for it. We need A Halloween game that is done right and made right.not the generic small Hallowween map made by Dead By Daylight. a full Halloween game should be made.

WRONG they already said that Freddy would not be in the F13 game. 

Freddy would be the best choice for the next standalone. He's more marketable than Micheal or Jason. His range of in-game possibilities is wider. You have more variety from movie to movie in the Nightmare series, which would make it easier to make more content. 

It would be perfect for Micheal to come 3rd, because then people would find a scaled back game, after Freddy, refreshing. Having Micheal next would be a lateral move in terms of overall game design.