illchuck

Thank You From The IllFonic Team

Wow! I can’t believe we won Best Independent Game for Friday the 13th: The Game at the Golden Joystick awards. I wish we were there to be able to accept the award and say thank you at the show, but we’ve been working hard on all the new upcoming content. It’s truly an honor and I want to thank the community for supporting the game and voting for us to win this! We couldn’t have done it without you and wouldn’t be here to receive this award if it wasn’t for you. I also want to thank Gun Media for trusting us with their baby and the support they have given to us. Finally, I want to thank the IllFonic team for all their hard work, all the late nights, stressful days and believing that this could turn into something big. I know it wasn’t easy and didn’t come without a slew of issues but what this award really means to us is that the players and community recognized the true independent nature that this game was built upon which was one of the most challenging tasks we have ever taken on as a company. We learned a lot while building this game and hope to bring that knowledge into all future content and projects. Again, we really thank each and everyone one of you who helped turn our dreams into a reality.

Chuck Brungardt

CEO // IllFonic

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

You are welcome chuck and congrats on the award! Its good to see you receive recognition for all the hard work behind the game.

• Like 1

Umm, congrats....but, there are still a "slew of issues" affecting this game.  I'm really hoping the next patch is a good one and a step in the right direction.  Please don't make us wait much longer on a new patch.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illchuck said:

Wow! I can’t believe we won Best Independent Game for Friday the 13th: The Game at the Golden Joystick awards. I wish we were there to be able to accept the award and say thank you at the show, but we’ve been working hard on all the new upcoming content. It’s truly an honor and I want to thank the community for supporting the game and voting for us to win this! We couldn’t have done it without you and wouldn’t be here to receive this award if it wasn’t for you. I also want to thank Gun Media for trusting us with their baby and the support they have given to us. Finally, I want to thank the IllFonic team for all their hard work, all the late nights, stressful days and believing that this could turn into something big. I know it wasn’t easy and didn’t come without a slew of issues but what this award really means to us is that the players and community recognized the true independent nature that this game was built upon which was one of the most challenging tasks we have ever taken on as a company. We learned a lot while building this game and hope to bring that knowledge into all future content and projects. Again, we really thank each and everyone one of you who helped turn our dreams into a reality.

Chuck Brungardt

CEO // IllFonic

Congrats 

Congratulations, @illchuck! That's one heck of an accomplishment. I'm sorry you guys couldn't accept the award in person. I know that would've made it even sweeter! Thank you for your hard work on the game. I continue to enjoy it. :D

• Like 1

Congrats! Now let's not make that a participation trophy. Put the spit and polish on this diamond in the rough. Your rabid F13 fans are starting to eat their own Chuck.

• Like 7

Congrats but I agree fully with this:

4 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Congrats! Now let's not make that a participation trophy. Put the spit and polish on this diamond in the rough. Your rabid F13 fans are starting to eat their own Chuck.

Congratulations, @illchuck. Thanks for enabling my proper introduction to the horror franchise of Friday the 13th with this game!  A lot of commendable hard work presented to capture the real-time(compared to the linearity of cinema) social experience. There are/have been issues with this game however, as I'm sure you've noticed. Issues that affect stability and the enjoyment factor that encompasses the atmosphere of F13. Please make Jason proud. I certainly don't envy you or your team, especially the guy who turns the ignition key and fires the patch off to certification. It must be like launching a nuke every time: everyone dreads the aftermath, the damage must be analyzed, and efforts to reconstruct must be made. Soon™ 

How much do I owe you for the trademark?

13 minutes ago, BomberBuddy said:

How much do I owe you for the trademark?

It's on the house- backers already footed the bill. :P

• Like 2

Congratulations! A reward for all your hard work, and I hope to see good things in the future for the game.

LaCroix and donuts all round. Or if you can't stand that filth, just the LaCroix :P

• Like 1

Seriously? Bit of a hollow victory. Should withold this til the game is working as intended.

On 11/18/2017 at 2:12 AM, bewareofbears said:

It's on the house- backers already footed the bill. :P

Just like Savini Jason on Xbox.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

It's named after an album called Liquid Swords by Wu Tang rapper GZA.

Ok. My brothers and I played liquid swords...or lightsabers...or ghostbusters into the toilet, when we were little. Made me think of that. Carry on.

Edit: Yep. I looked through the lyrics, and there's almost no mention of crossing the streams in the title track from that album.

Edit edit: It just seems like a missed opportunity, is all.

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
  • Like 1

Congratulations! Now give us some new content, because the game is getting boring again. Oh, and fix the servers for Australia and South America.