Cokeyskunk

How does one delete a post?

It seems like it should be easy enough, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to delete a post. Mind you, I've not yet needed to -- but all it takes is one weekend and several beers to discover you posted something you wish you hadn't. 

In anticipation of that event, I'd love to know how to dump my less-than-preferred posts for the ongoing future.

Thanks, kids!
- Skunk

@Cokeyskunk, assuming your errant insanity hasn't gotten the thread it ends up on locked, you have the ability to go back into your post and essentially edit it to where nothing is in the box or something other than what you originally said replaces your original nonsense. This calls into question a number of ethical concerns, but may help you save face if you were too 'faced' at the time to filter yourself.

3 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@Cokeyskunk, assuming your errant insanity hasn't gotten the thread it ends up on locked, you have the ability to go back into your post and essentially edit it to where nothing is in the box or something other than what you originally said replaces your original nonsense. This calls into question a number of ethical concerns, but may help you save face if you were to 'faced' at the time to filter yourself.

Yeah . . . I get all that, but -- why can't we just kill a post? Wouldn't that be better than deleting everything and replacing it with "Yadda yadda yadda, yackity-schmackity"?

@Cokeyskunk Like @NthnButAGoodTime said (and has probably had to do several times) you can edit the post and delete the text. If it's that important you can also just report it and ask for them to delete it. I don't think any mod would have a problem doing it.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Cokeyskunk Like @NthnButAGoodTime said (and has probably had to do several times) you can edit the post and delete the text. If it's that important you can also just report it and ask for them to delete it. I don't think any mod would have a problem doing it.

Right, but WHY can't we delete our own?? Isn't that just . . . WEIRD??

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

We are just men (and some women) among gods here. How dare you question the almighty @JPops!

39 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Cokeyskunk Like, Do you think@NthnButAGoodTime would send me an autographed photo of himself, if I got all A's on my report card, this year.

34 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Shut up! I'm busy coloring!

You can also do what I just did above. Only use this power for good.

(Also, @Truth, "has probably had to do several times?" :oThat stings a little. My edits usually have to do with correcting spelling or not double-posting.:))

Edit: ... also, sometimes I will use it to punch up a joke.

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime

19 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

You can also do what I just did above. Only use this per for good.

(Also, @Truth, "has probably had to do several times?" :oThat stings a little. My edits usually have to do with correcting spelling or not double-posting.:))

Your insults suck!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Truth said:

I sobbed like a dumped schoolgirl when you didn't call me pretty. We're those insults really created for me?!

Oh no. They absolutely were. I spent several minutes agonizing over the wording, so that I could pick something that had bite, but wasn't truly insulting, or topical in any form that held weight.

Edit: Also, if I make a change that alters my original statement, I try to make it a habit to click the "show that the message has been edited" button.

13 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Oh no. They absolutely were. I spent several minutes agonizing over the wording, so that I could pick something that had bite, but wasn't truly insulting, or topical in any form that held weight.

Edit: Also, if I make a change that alters my original statement, I try to make it a habit to click the "show that the message has been edited" button.

@Cokeyskunk but if you change a post that someone quoted, the quote remains the original content like the posts above.

So watch what you say on the internet!

Edited by Truth
  • Like 1

Just now, Truth said:

@Cokeyskunk but if you change a post that someone quoted, the quote remains the original content like the posts above.

Did you seriously just miss what I did to your quote a second ago?

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Did you seriously just miss my edit? That's the important part!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Truth said:

Your insults suck!

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

So watch what you say on the internet!

6 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Did you seriously just miss my edit? That's the important part!

Look I can only move so quickly on a tablet keyboard.

Edit: Also, if you and I keep this up, a moderator is going to drop in and scold both of us.

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
Dear moderators, No real harm intended, just illustrative edits. Sincerely, NthnButAGoodTime.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

@NthnButAGoodTime, you won't believe how much corn was in it, and I had to break it up with a stick, just to flush it!

Well...

... just one more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

JPOPS would have nothing to do if we could just delete our own posts.

He is the key master and locks up what must be sent to into the abyss of the forum.

On 11/17/2017 at 4:23 PM, Cokeyskunk said:

Shut up! I'm busy coloring!

I am getting this tattooed on my chest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I am getting this tattooed on my chest.

Pictures of the finished work, please.

29 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Pictures of the finished work, please.

Here you are.

Now that I look at it, my normally ruggedly masculine body appears a bit feminine here.

samp7630e649786dfa64.jpg

13 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Here you are.

Now that I look at it, my normally ruggedly masculine body appears a bit feminine here.

samp7630e649786dfa64.jpg

Yeah without any hair, it looks lumpy in front.