Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PowellCampsNAKED

PS4 hard drive recovery?

Recommended Posts

This is kind of funny but A long ways back I made a post about if there was a way to back up my digital games in case my PS4 ever were to crash because after I downloaded P.T the company deleted it from the store! So now I didn't wanna loose that rare demo! Well last year my PS4 crashed and I think I lost it because everything was blank! Anyways I kept that hard drive in a box in my closet after I installed a new drive! 

Is there a way to somehow plug that drive up to my pc and search for PT on the drive? Is it erased or just buried way down in sub folders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I can't really help you there, but in my opinion if the game was good it's worth a shot. Whats the worst that could happen? I'm pretty sure the ps4 HD is somewhat standard so I'm sure there's some sort of adapter you could use to hook it up. You could probably even just swap it out with the HD in your new system and check. I know you don't have to void the warranty for that on ps4. You can look it up on ifixit, I looked there for xbox 1 teardown guides when I was going to try to make a portable one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

 This is kind of funny but A long ways back I made a post about if there was a way to back up my digital games in case my PS4 ever were to crash because after I downloaded P.T the company deleted it from the store! So now I didn't wanna loose that rare demo! Well last year my PS4 crashed and I think I lost it because everything was blank! Anyways I kept that hard drive in a box in my closet after I installed a new drive! 

Is there a way to somehow plug that drive up to my pc and search for PT on the drive? Is it erased or just buried way down in sub folders?

The hard drive must have had issues after the PS4 crashed if you see no data on it.

PS4 has a feature to repair the database damage. Rebuild the database. Use google to learn how to do it or watch a youtube video.

Your internal hard drive with PT installed will have to be installed again on your PS4. The PT game can be transferred to an external usb hard drive.

Then you can install the newer hard drive you purchased back into the PS4.

Play PT off the usb hard drive or transfer it to the new interal hard drive. Your choice.

 

Worst case scenario the data is not there anymore. Your PS4 will force you to format the hard drive and you will be able to use it again.

I had a PS4 once upon a time. Played the PS3 for a few years too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

The hard drive must have had issues after the PS4 crashed if you see no data on it.

PS4 has a feature to repair the database damage. Rebuild the database. Use google to learn how to do it or watch a youtube video.

Your internal hard drive with PT installed will have to be installed again on your PS4. The PT game can be transferred to an external usb hard drive.

Then you can install the newer hard drive you purchased back into the PS4.

Play PT off the usb hard drive or transfer it to the new interal hard drive. Your choice.

 

Worst case scenario the data is not there anymore. Your PS4 will force you to format the hard drive and you will be able to use it again.

I had a PS4 once upon a time. Played the PS3 for a few years too.

Can I somehow do this using my pc connect it somehow? And if the drive was blank how do I find PT on it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Can I somehow do this using my pc connect it somehow? And if the drive was blank how do I find PT on it? 

It would be an internal hard drive that is like a laptop hard drive. I don't think it will work on a desktop PC.

Your computer will want to format it if there is any corrupt data. It will format it if it is blank too.

I think your Silent Hill PT demo game is lost forever. In the future back up all games or save data to an external 3.0 usb hard drive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

It would be an internal hard drive that is like a laptop hard drive. I don't think it will work on a desktop PC.

Your computer will want to format it if there is any corrupt data. It will format it if it is blank too.

I think your Silent Hill PT demo game is lost forever. In the future back up all games or save data to an external 3.0 usb hard drive.

For saved files u can use the ps cloud storage but if wanna save any digital games then as u said will need to back up to a USB drive of some kind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried a third party recovery apps like 7datarecovery? It saved me when I had a faulty hard drive which Dell had to replace, and stupidly I hadn't backed up photos and some important documents. I used that recovery software and it made wonders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel your pain ... my original 'fat' PS3 died back in the day and I lost all of my Resident Evil 5 save data.  I absolutely busted my chops unlocking all of the weapons and goodies on that game. As much as I enjoy the game, no way am I going back to repeat all that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×