Jump to content
JasonKILLER

Why this cabin has one door?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Marking has turned quickplay into private matches. For those that like private matches, this is good. For those that like quickplay, it's ruined it. We don't want efficiency of information (especially when given to us on a platter). We want atmosphere and tension and unknown factors.

Makes sense. I can understand that. I can't say it hasn't made quick play a little easier. I also liked the randomness of quick play, so I can't argue against that point. I do however like having the ability to escape without having to recheck nearly EVERY cabin. The main reason I avoided quick play at first (once they finally got it working) was that people usually didn't even try to complete objectives. Now that those speed looters only have to pick up the item and drop it, I have been seeing a lot more objectives get completed. Granted a lot of them still ignore the parts, but for the most part people are at least trying to get things done. THAT is a change I am happy with and is the result of the items being on the map.

I still completely agree with your point and I'm not arguing against it. I still feel it was a change for the better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Truth said:

I still completely agree with your point and I'm not arguing against it. I still feel it was a change for the better.

Thanks man.

I'd just rather private stay private and QP stay QP, for all its chaos and flaws - same as in every multiplayer ever.

Giving a community more gameplay options is always better than less in my opinion.

If item marking was something that a host could toggle, i'd have no issues with it at all, as then people could at least choose.

The fact that it doesn't really solve the miniscule issue of item hiding that it was stated to be in response to, and arguably encourages it by making the troll's handiwork more visible, and they're now considering an additional patch of removing locks that STILL doesn't fix an issue that barely exists, just adds to my distaste though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ZooMalfunction The only change I would make to the item marking system, if there is ever a change, would be to remove the icon from the big map but keep it on the small map. If the item is too far from the minimap's range, it would appear along the edge like how counselor markers out of range appear as an arrow. I feel like that would be an acceptable change.

They shouldn't entirely remove item marking because it is simply not fun to run around like you have your thumb up your ass trying to find the guy that died or quit with the part you need in his hand, or if they left it in a cabin you already searched so that you'd never think twice about looking there for it. Those situations effectively double the workload on your hands because you have to sweep the entire map sector by sector multiple times just to find that one damn thing you need that refuses to be found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@ZooMalfunction The only change I would make to the item marking system, if there is ever a change, would be to remove the icon from the big map but keep it on the small map. If the item is too far from the minimap's range, it would appear along the edge like how counselor markers out of range appear as an arrow. I feel like that would be an acceptable change.

They shouldn't entirely remove item marking because it is simply not fun to run around like you have your thumb up your ass trying to find the guy that died or quit with the part you need in his hand, or if they left it in a cabin you already searched so that you'd never think twice about looking there for it. Those situations effectively double the workload on your hands because you have to sweep the entire map sector by sector multiple times just to find that one damn thing you need that refuses to be found.

I, and all the people I play with, enjoyed that.

It massively added to the drama and heroics for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I, and all the people I play with, enjoyed that.

It massively added to the drama and heroics for us.

It's not fun when your whole team gets wiped out in 6 minutes because they can't find anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It's not fun when your whole team gets wiped out in 6 minutes because they can't find anything.

If you can't find anything, you should lose. It's a game. That's your failure state and Jason's win condition. That he pressured or killed you all fast enough that you couldn't organise against him.

You don't deserve to win a game if you can't complete a basic requirement of the game. I don't find having my hand held to an undeserved win 'fun'.

I'd rather an exciting and dramatic loss than an easy and gifted win any day of the week.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

If you can't find anything, you should lose. It's a game. That's your failure state and Jason's win condition. That he pressured or killed you all fast enough that you couldn't organise against him.

You don't deserve to win a game if you can't complete a basic requirement of the game. I don't find having my hand held to an undeserved win 'fun'.

I'd rather an exciting and dramatic loss than an easy and gifted win any day of the week.

Agree 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JPops said:

Well I generally don't like to mention ways to troll but I've come across this scenario on the Jarvis house map. The Jarvis house only has one door in and out. I've been in one game where someone locked battery and gas in the basement with them then quit. Probably had the fuse and well but that game was a wash not sure what they could really do about it except maybe make small basement windows counselors could crawl through or maybe have lock picks spawn / mini game to unlock them. Would only work on doors with the turn locks and not barricaded doors for obvious reasons / realism. 

Totally agree with the pick the lock mini game, or maybe just allow councelors to unlock from eitherside. I know it doesn’t make sense but it’s just a video game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

There is a window on the back to get out but you can't get back in if the door's locked.

Oh I didnt know that. I think I left a car battery in that one by accident when running from Jason and couldn't get back in. Maybe make it where counselors can unlock doors but not Jason. Actually forget that because the people who work with Jason would just open all the doors for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

Oh I didnt know that. I think I left a car battery in that one by accident when running from Jason and couldn't get back in. Maybe make it where counselors can unlock doors but not Jason. Actually forget that because the people who work with Jason would just open all the doors for him. 

Wow that comment really contributed a lot to the conversation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

If you can't find anything, you should lose. It's a game. That's your failure state and Jason's win condition. That he pressured or killed you all fast enough that you couldn't organise against him.

You don't deserve to win a game if you can't complete a basic requirement of the game. I don't find having my hand held to an undeserved win 'fun'.

I'd rather an exciting and dramatic loss than an easy and gifted win any day of the week.

Exactly its a game, its supposed to be fun for everyone and not just someone who wins the equivalent of the fun lottery. If your teammates don't even understand the basics of the game then you are punished for it and its completely out of your hands. I don't find having a undeserved loss tossed my way "fun" either.

I'd rather an exciting game in general instead of sandbagging teammates, people leaving the game and dooming you, or being trolled with no way to tell. A simple marking mechanic that lets people know whats going on instead of randomly wandering the map looking for things is really a double edged sword because you know as Jason that they will come for it eventually.

I never thought such a simple QoL change would cause so much chaos. If you don't like it just ignore it and wander the map until you find something randomly. Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Wow that comment really contributed a lot to the conversation.

I can see it now. Jason at a cabin door and some jackass counselor opening it for him to kill who's inside so he doesn't have to break the door that's why I said nevermind lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

I can see it now. Jason at a cabin door and some jackass counselor opening it for him to kill who's inside so he doesn't have to break the door that's why I said nevermind lol 

I was thinking that you gave a suggestion then immediately retracted it. Almost as if you needn't have made the comment at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:45 PM, Theiceman105 said:

True, I've had assholes lock the Gas AND Battery + both keys and the fuse in there, nobody could get them.

@[IllFonic]Courier

There is a way to walk up onto a large bed in the Packaknack main lodge that was reported. A box by a large bed.

You can take objective parts and drop them up on the bed and other players can't reach them.

Then lock the door and jump out the 2nd story window. Use a med spray and continue on. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jawbone said:

Exactly its a game, its supposed to be fun for everyone and not just someone who wins the equivalent of the fun lottery. If your teammates don't even understand the basics of the game then you are punished for it and its completely out of your hands. I don't find having a undeserved loss tossed my way "fun" either.

If you don't like it, make some fucking friends (a difficult task for you based on your post history, I know) or play singleplayer.

Don't wreck the game by spoonfeeding you information because your ego can't take a loss in a goddamn horror game which is supposed to be about beating unsurmountable odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

If you don't like it, make some fucking friends (a difficult task for you based on your post history, I know) or play singleplayer.

Don't wreck the game by spoonfeeding you information because your ego can't take a loss in a goddamn horror game which is supposed to be about beating unsurmountable odds.

Haha I love this. The devs have spoken on the matter and if you don't like it you can just ignore it just as you ignore any rational argument and play the game the same as always. Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jawbone said:

Exactly its a game, its supposed to be fun for everyone and not just someone who wins the equivalent of the fun lottery. If your teammates don't even understand the basics of the game then you are punished for it and its completely out of your hands. I don't find having a undeserved loss tossed my way "fun" either.

I'd rather an exciting game in general instead of sandbagging teammates, people leaving the game and dooming you, or being trolled with no way to tell. A simple marking mechanic that lets people know whats going on instead of randomly wandering the map looking for things is really a double edged sword because you know as Jason that they will come for it eventually.

I never thought such a simple QoL change would cause so much chaos. If you don't like it just ignore it and wander the map until you find something randomly. Problem solved.

The gripes about marking make no sense to me.  It really is a simple system that makes the game more enjoyable for most people that know how to use it.  It basically makes up for the team work that doesn’t occur when not everyone has mikes to let each other know where things were left.  Would be great if everyone was miked but that will never happen and marking makes up for it immensely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×