JasonKILLER

Why this cabin has one door?

1 hour ago, Chace Hollett said:

Is that why there are no doors in the basement anymore?

Yup.

13 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Hadn't thought of that. You're right.

No he's not. There IS a window, it's just up high. Rat bastards take objective items into that house, barricade the door, drop them on the floor, then jump out the window and drop to the ground. There's NO WAY to reach that one stupid window from the outside. It's a troll paradise. 

@Cokeyskunk

@AldermachXI was replying to this post.

14 hours ago, Archgamer said:

That's not the only place where it could occur. Second story one room bedrooms for examples. 

I also never thought about that. There's probably a lot of places where this could happen. He IS right.

15 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We're aware of this issue and have been looking into it.
This is definitely something we don't want happening and has become a much more visible issue with the implementation of the Repair Icons showing up on the maps.

Getting rid of repair icons showing on the maps...which was a part of the infamous recent Jason-nerf would be an excellent place to start.

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Getting rid of repair icons showing on the maps...which was a part of the infamous recent Jason-nerf would be an excellent place to start.

How would that help...? Having them appear helps PROVE that it is happening.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

Exactly. The solution isn't to remove something that works fine. The solution is the fix the issue with inaccessible rooms.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Truth said:

Exactly. The solution isn't to remove something that works fine. The solution is the fix the issue with inaccessible rooms.

(Not sure why this double posted. Admins, please delete)

Just now, Truth said:

It's been happening since launch, and instances have multiplied since team killing was deactivated. It's always been a well known and reported issue in the community. Repair icons on the map are a Troll's guide map to their positions.

It's a silly, needless addition for beginner level counselors which was a part of the Jason nerf anyhow.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

It's been happening since launch, and instances have multiplied since team killing was deactivated. It's always been a well known and reported issue in the community. Repair icons on the map are a Troll's guide map to their positions.

It's a silly, needless addition for beginner level counselors which was a part of the Jason nerf anyhow.  

So, rather than fixing the inaccessibility problem of the houses, your solution is just to blind people as to whether or not trolls have ditched items within these houses? Why in the world wouldn't they just fix the inaccessibility problem?? The icons have helped gameplay quite a bit since the update.

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I get that in private matches where you usually have good communication it is kind of unnecessary. It was NEEDED in quick play though. I'm hoping this will be something you can turn off in private matches in the future.

Yes, it has always happened. And yes, it's happening more since tk was removed. But removing the items from the map entirely will just mean you can't prove that anything was wrong. Rather than remove something that actually helps, they can just add a window to that particular cabin. Then the issue itself is removed. Sure they can just hold onto the gas, but eventually they will either die or leave and you can get it then. Being able to lock these items in a cabin and essentially remove them from the game was never intended. Just like being able to get on the roof at Packanack was never intended. Rather than remove the lodge, the patched the hole in the wall. Same thing, different troll.

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

So, rather than fixing the inaccessibility problem of the houses, your solution is just to blind people as to whether or not trolls have ditched items within these houses? Why in the world wouldn't they just fix the inaccessibility problem?? The icons have helped gameplay quite a bit since the update.

It's way too easy to escape now, and this is a contributing factor. I don't like having my hand held as a counselor. It's help take the survival out of "Survival Horror".

1 minute ago, Truth said:

I get that in private matches where you usually have good communication it is kind of unnecessary. It was NEEDED in quick play though. I'm hoping this will be something you can turn off in private matches in the future.

Yes, it has always happened. And yes, it's happening more since tk was removed. But removing the items from the map entirely will just mean you can't prove that anything was wrong. Rather than remove something that actually helps, they can just add a window to that particular cabin. Then the issue itself is removed. Sure they can just hold onto the gas, but eventually they will either die or leave and you can get it then. Being able to lock these items in a cabin and essentially remove them from the game was never intended. Just like being able to get on the roof at Packanack was never intended. Rather than remove the lodge, the patched the hole in the wall. Same thing, different troll.

Yeah it's a fair enough comment, likewise for all the above. I guess I'm only seeing it through my eyes in a way. I'm really not a fan of anything that negates the survival/tension of the counselor role but I can see its validity in making life harder for a troll - which is what this topic is about, so I'll shut up now. :lol: ;)

14 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

There's still a lot of divide on that subject...A lot of people wrongfully see this as a form of hand holding. They seem to ignore the fact that you still have to trek your ass all the way to the part, collect it, and then trek to the objective and complete the repair. Not to mention the fact that many players still ignore the parts, even when marked on the map.

I agree that it should be optional in Private Matches, where teamwork and communication is a lot more common, and therefore this isn't exactly needed. But as far as Quickmatch is concerned, it's been a great addition. It's needed in order to compensate for the useless players. It's really annoying to have to re-check cabins that speed looters raid while leaving leaving valuable parts behind. There's still plenty of instances where that happens, too - where people don't even bother to pick up the objective, and drop it, in order to leave the part marked.

It greatly reduced the no-nothing nature of Quickmatch. But I still see multiple instances daily where someone will drop off the fuse at the fuse box, thus marking it on the map, and NO ONE bothers to migrate to it and attempt a fix.

Bugs effecting Jason have WAY more to do with the easier escaping than the parts being marked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

It's way too easy to escape now, and this is a contributing factor. I don't like having my hand held as a counselor. It's help take the survival out of "Survival Horror".

I would agree with you if it showed up on the main map. But to @AldermachXI's point, it isn't. It's on the little mini-map, and you have to be within about 50 feet of them to see them, which still requires a lot of searching. It's not to hold hands. It's to combat trolling that gets a kick out of sabotaging the game for others. But also to Aldermach's point -- it would be nice if there were a vote system implemented as to whether or not the party wants map icons on or off.

17 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

But still...you have to almost admire the dedication to trolling.

I judge the other players for not finding anything more than the trolls, honestly. :P

Trolls are 60% of what makes this game suck, we would still have team killing if not for Trolls

8 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I would agree with you if it showed up on the main map.

They do show on the main map... At least on xbox they do.

16 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Yeah it's a fair enough comment, likewise for all the above. I guess I'm only seeing it through my eyes in a way.

I appreciate that you can recognize that. I feel like a lot of the people who don't like the items on the map are only against it because they play in private matches. I agree it does make things a little too easy when people are actually communicating. You're also less likely to encounter the trolls that do this shit if you stick to private. So it really is unnecessary and I'm sure they will add a toggle option to that when they get around to customizing private lobbies.

The easiest solution would be to remove simple locks from the game.  They are mostly useless anyway.  It takes the same number of chops with Jason's weapon to break down a door locked with a simple lock as it does an unlocked closed door and it doesn't slow down Jason significantly longer than if he were to just open an unlocked closed door.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

The easiest solution would be to remove simple locks from the game.  They are mostly useless anyway.  It takes the same number of chops with Jason's weapon to break down a door locked with a simple lock as it does an unlocked closed door and it doesn't slow down Jason significantly longer than if he were to just open an unlocked closed door.

good point

28 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

True, but I still like making him chop it down... Just give counselors a set of keys so they could unlock the door. It would make sense and remove the issue entirely without having to add windows or find some other solution. Maybe have a qte for it if it's deemed "too op".

18 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We're aware of this issue and have been looking into it.
This is definitely something we don't want happening and has become a much more visible issue with the implementation of the Repair Icons showing up on the maps.

You are aware that there's a large number of these spots I hope?

Every second floor room with a lockable door works the same way. As do a number of first floor rooms in the large houses. If the troll is content to just sit tight, every bathroom works this way too. 

The other issue is that it almost never happened, because trolls prefer their trolling to be out in the open. If anything, the game-ruining addition of marking simply encourages this behaviour by making people aware the parts are unobtainable so trolls can react to their rage.

But sure, make doors unlockable from the outside instead. And when you find Jason-helpers letting Jason into locked rooms, or people simply refusing to drop parts instead, patch it again and again and again until a minor and rare issue has caused a game-destroying cascade of disastrous gameplay changes that exist only to balance out the previous ill-thought out changes.

Your current stance is like banning cars because someone gets run over on purpose once on in every 100 games. Forget that you've made 99/100 games worse as a result of preventing that 1/100 bad game. Let's instead add two boats to every map to compensate for the lack of cars! Then let's make Jason super slow in water to balance that! But speed him up on land to balance that! But the give counselors infinite stamina to balance that!

This is how you completely and unnecessarilly fucking ruin a game by being overbearing, hysterical and reactionary in response to incredibly minor issues.

Marking has ruined 99/100 games just so a 1/100 occurence can't happen. Except it still can. Very easily. So you're going to just double-down and patch it again, and make those 99/100 matches even worse again instead of realising your mistake and stopping this insane and wildly unpopular tinkering.

It's like using a flamethrower inside your house in order to try (and fail) to kill a fly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

100% agree.  Locks are useless.  I've gotten killed so many time while trying to run into Packanack but the door is locked.  I've learned to expect it now.

This kind of trolling has took me by surprise I have to admit. Until this game, I'd never been big on multiplayer games as I was more of a "well crafted storyline in an open world" kind of gamer.

I always thought a Troll was an insecure person that needed a reaction to make them feel better about themselves. i.e. team kill someone as they're moments from escaping to get a direct and personal reaction from the victim. They often strike me as people who have little to zero social standing in real life, unable to make anyone laugh, cry, smile, feel...they're just redundant - so this is how they get their kicks - getting a reaction.

But if they lock items in a cabin, or in a basement and then leave the game - people don't know it was done by them so they don't get the reaction and therefore the attention they so desperately crave in life. 

I guess this kind of troll is just content in knowing they've fucked things up for everyone else without the reaction. The "Bitter Troll", still bitter about getting turned down by girls in high school was/is enough to take it out on other people they don't know, who aren't in a close enough vicinity to physically punch them in the nose. :)

I can understand kids being kids, f**king about and getting laughs from it...but when grown adults do it - wow, we should all have a whip-round and buy them a life.

52 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Marking has ruined 99/100 games just so a 1/100 occurence can't happen.

How exactly has it ruined the game?

23 minutes ago, Truth said:

How exactly has it ruined the game?

You could always read over the 100s of posts explaining exactly why over the last few weeks.

To tailor the argument for you though, you argue upthread that it's unnecessary for private matches due to the increased level of communication, but that quickplay NEEDS (your emphasis) it because people fail to communicate well.

Here's the thing - myself and many other like that element. It more accurately reflects horror tropes and creates more emergent stories. I hate private matches and avoid them like the plague as the increased cooperation makes the game too arcadey and strips the horror out. It's not Jason versus a bunch of scared and panicked teenagers. It's Jason versus a well-oiled and rehearsed military squad.

Every game plays the same when everyone has perfect information at all times. For myself and many others, the ad-hoc and chaotic nature of cooperation in QP was the absolute core of what made the game magical. Not the mini-maxing, hyper-efficient bullshit you get in private.

Marking has turned quickplay into private matches. For those that like private matches, this is good. For those that like quickplay, it's ruined it. We don't want efficiency of information (especially when given to us on a platter). We want atmosphere and tension and unknown factors.

The tail should never wag the dog. QP is the experience for the vast majority of people. Private is an option used by a tiny amount. Making the former bend to the style of the latter is never going to do anything other than upset the majority of players. As private players are overrepresented on forums however, the magnitude of the upset gets clouded over.

This game sold millions based on the QP experience, not the private one. It's the mode that was reviewed, gets streamed the most, and is played by most, hence generating word of mouth and sales based on that specific experience. Nobody bought the game due to item marking. Millions liked it without.

They're altered it negatively in the majority of matches and for the majority of players to fix a minority of matches and improve the experience for a minority of players.

That is called ruining the game. And considering how unnecessary it was, I consider it madness.

• Like 2

See I haven't seen the mass escape percentage increase narrative that's been talked about due to this update.

I still quite literally still see the following as a quick match player, the same mixed bag.

1. Jason wiping

2. Jason doing nothing

3. Counselors easily escaping

4. Counselors being wiped

5. Counselers..

5A. Don't Find the parts

5B. Not finding the parts because most of the players still don't know they wash up on the shoreline or which shoreline after players escape

5C. Find the parts, but hold onto them because its a force of habit or don't drop them so they can't be seen

So basically, I haven't seen any inherent changes in quick play because of this update.

That said. I do think it makes the most sense in the event that players decide to leave with parts when they escape. Not enough people know they respawn or even where. Marking them if others have escape with them I feel is a fair trade off.

In terms of the doors. Items marked or not, its legit trolling and making all doors not lockable or allowing them to broken by counselors should be something to look at. You can't escape if parts are locked behind a door you can't get into. Allow them to be broken or remove locks outside of barricades all together. Redesigning the maps is something I don't want to see. Especially if it messes with the core locations.