GhostWolfViking

RAIN, LAG SPIKES, FPS DROPS, WINDOW BUG

@[IllFonic]Courier @GunMedia_Ben @lHeartBreakerl @TheHansonGoons @Tattooey @Risinggrave @DamonD7 @Alkavian @AldermachXI @Kodiak @JPops @Gertz @ColdArmy13 @illchuck

This has recently become a serious problem and needs to be addressed soon in a new patch.

Platform: Xbox One

1. Rain is creating serious lag issues and forcing some matches to be unplayable.

2. Extreme lag spikes recently for all players in quickplay. Happens in every match for me. Teleporting around the map. Players disconnecting.

3. Random fps drops that slow the game down to 5fps to 15fps. Very noticeable in large cabins or when it rains and the lag spikes assault the match endlessly.

4. Host quitting games ending the match in quickplay. I really hate when this happens. I know dedicated servers are on the way. This always kills my desire to play this game.

5. Jason players leaving the match as soon as they get selected. Counselor only players that did not want to be Jason.  Please fix that so they will never be picked as Jason anymore.

6. Players quitting when they are not selected as Jason at the start of the match. 1000 matches as Jason. Going into a new lobby increases your chances. Faster than waiting hours in 1 lobby.

7. New windows bug that damages the player. You don't climb through the window. The window breaks without pressing the button to interact with it. Window system needs to be fixed asap.

• Like 1

The rains great but I'd rather not have it at the cost of performance. FPS drops with lag spikes in the same match is a total nightmare.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GhostWolfViking said:

6. Players quitting when they are not selected as Jason at the start of the match. 1000 matches as Jason. Going into a new lobby increases your chances. Faster than waiting hours in 1 lobby.

Yeah, this one is definite bullshit. I'm of the mind that you should never be Jason on your first go unless it's an entirely new lobby. 

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

The rains great but I'd rather not have it at the cost of performance. FPS drops with lag spikes in the same match is a total nightmare.

I agree. Keep rain. Just smooth out the performance and fix the fps drops and lag.

Remove god mode for windows and allow Jason to attack counselors in windows.

• Like 1

Seems to be the small maps that contain the worst fps problems (especially in larger cabins).

• Like 1

I never quite understood why the Xbox One has very low dips in frame rate for Friday the 13th. My guess is that the game way unoptimized for the game to be even playable. Sometimes it can stay at a clear 30,sometimes it dips so bad. I think what happens is that the game is processing a lot of assets at a time, and since the Xbox One version is badly optimized, it results in the FPS dropping really low. For my evidence, I noticed how the game's frame rate would drop insignificantly when looking at an angle where all the action is happening. Another one is the lighting. Friday the 13th is mainly utilizing lighting, and man, this game does a good job at it. However, it is really annoying. Cabins with really lit rooms tend to lag a lot, and then there is the moon. The moon just makes it even worse, the game uses godrays to make the lighting of the moon to be more realistic. This will cause the game to dip in frames a lot. But let's not talk about the fog. Another issue is with the physics of the characters, and loading assets. The game is constantly loading new assets as you walk around the game. (as far as I can tell.) Whenever there is somebody near me, I always notice how the hair loads in the second I look at them, and the weapon they're carrying/repair item. Of course, there is the (I don't know what you call it if this is not correct) Depth of Field affecting the gameplay. You can notice how some things just pop into place right in front of you, and how pathways are rendered while you are walking towards them. That is all I have to say. Please read into this and have a look to see if there is anything I got wrong.

I am sick of the rain tbh. I was looking forward to it before it, but now every damn match is in rain. Highly annoying. Where is the promised "turn it off" button. For people with weaker systems?

The FPS drops during the rain only happen to me when Im the host. Im thinking that this is where the issue lies. Dont get me wrong, I still get frame drops on some of the small maps in specific cabin layouts, but I never had frame drops during rain until I started hosting in QP.

10 hours ago, ThePunkPirate said:

The FPS drops during the rain only happen to me when Im the host. Im thinking that this is where the issue lies. Dont get me wrong, I still get frame drops on some of the small maps in specific cabin layouts, but I never had frame drops during rain until I started hosting in QP.

Yes, I was the host when I playing in quick play. I noticed the lag was higher than when I join another player hosting. Every map I played had rain. Lucky me lol.

I was happy knowing the host was not going to quit and end the game for everywhere. :lol:

I had a red Jason mask next to my name when I was host in quick play. When it picked me as Jason the fist match I thought I discovered a new bug to be Jason 24/7 in quick play.

The next match loads I get Jason again. 3rd match Jason again. 4th match somebody else got picked as Jason. The red Jason mask was on me all night lol. Visual bug.

I went to a private match and picked myself as Jason. LFG post created. 2 people join and quit when they noticed I would be Jason.

I quit and picked quick play. I was in a lobby solo with the red mask next to my name. Players joined. It stayed like that until I quit the lobby hours later.