Cokeyskunk

Anyone Tried Playing Chad with Tinker Perk?

I have tried playing with almost all the counselors -- but I just seem to enjoy the game more when playing as Chad. He's fast, recovers stamina quickly, and makes the coolest faces.

But fixing crap with him is a nightmare. 

I have to go through, like, TEN tiny little fields to get him to fix something. Needless to say, it's time consuming. Which, of course, is the whole point.

I keep rolling the dice to try to get the "Tinker" perk for him, but have yet to come across it. I'm just worried once I finally do get it, it will only give him SEVEN fields to get through when repairing -- rather than the 2-3 that Deborah has.

Has anyone tried Tinker with The Chadder? I just want to know if I should keep trying to get that perk, or if it's not worth it.

• Like 1

Tinker doesn't lower the amount of tabs. It just makes the speed in which the wheel turns a bit faster. I've used it with Vanessa just to try it. It makes it less accurate since it's moving faster. But i just figure with a Vanessa you're going to screw up anyway so why not just get repair in faster and then run if need be.

• Like 1

Not worth it unless you re-roll your skillchecks for a easy one as chad because of his luck.

All tinker does is make the skillcheck go faster, it doesn't make it easier.

4 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Tinker doesn't lower the amount of tabs. It just makes the speed in which the wheel turns a bit faster. I've used it with Vanessa just to try it. It makes it less accurate since it's moving faster. But i just figure with a Vanessa you're going to screw up anyway so why not just get repair in faster and then run if need be.

But -- that makes the challenge HARDER. If they wanted to make it a perk, they should have made it like Deborah's. It's already hard enough with those tiny little fields as it is. If the wheel spun faster, I'd NEVER get anything fixed! How depressing. 

Reroll until you get a repair set with only 5. There's a perk I use occasionally on Chad/Vanessa which has a negative that makes you repair slower so it makes it easier to get flawless repairs as these two. 

Forgot what perk it is, has to do with the car, lead foot maybe?

2 minutes ago, ChadFace said:

Reroll until you get a repair set with only 5. There's a perk I use occasionally on Chad/Vanessa which has a negative that makes you repair slower so it makes it easier to get flawless repairs as these two. 

Forgot what perk it is, has to do with the car, lead foot maybe?

It's speed demon.

I think no one is using tinker. And who use it is because did not understand the real (useless) effects of that perk.

I’ve used Chad with the “Tinder” perk.

All it does though is have Jenny and Tiffany follow him around the map.

:lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I’ve used Chad with the “Tinder” perk.

All it does though is have Jenny and Tiffany follow him around the map.

:lol:

WavyScaryCatbird.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I have tried playing with almost all the counselors -- but I just seem to enjoy the game more when playing as Chad. He's fast, recovers stamina quickly, and makes the coolest faces.

But fixing crap with him is a nightmare. 

I have to go through, like, TEN tiny little fields to get him to fix something. Needless to say, it's time consuming. Which, of course, is the whole point.

I keep rolling the dice to try to get the "Tinker" perk for him, but have yet to come across it. I'm just worried once I finally do get it, it will only give him SEVEN fields to get through when repairing -- rather than the 2-3 that Deborah has.

Has anyone tried Tinker with The Chadder? I just want to know if I should keep trying to get that perk, or if it's not worth it.

I play Chad all the time and use thick skinned epic perk, and tinker epic perk and it does help to a degree with him.  The best chance you have repairing with him is just being quick and stealthy

Chad isn’t all that hard to use to fix things. It’s only two buttons you have to contend with after all. That said I usually give away my position at least once. I wouldn’t use a perk slot to improve his skill though as I’d see it as a waste. 

Tinker works decently well on Chad IF you combine it will the re-roll x trick when repairing (f you don't like the number of or size of his repair checks, just release x and tap it again to generate a new repair wheel). If you do this until you only have 4 or 5 repair checks and have tinker, the process speeds up and it's pretty decent.

• Like 1

Speaking of perks, I've been looking over this list:

https://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Perks

. . . and, while there are, like, FIVE perks that REDUCE one's sprint speed, I don't see ANY that INCREASE sprint speed. What's up with that?? If there were, I would totally switch over to slow-butt Deborah.