Sign in to follow this  
GunMedia_Ben

General Update for All Backers on Reward Fulfillment

We’d like to be upfront and say that this is the first time we have done this whole Kickstarter fulfillment process. We definitely didn't expect it to be this difficult as there are a lot of moving parts that no one at Gun Media has had extensive experience with. We are very sorry for the delays and are trying to get every order out the door as quickly as possible. There is no excuse for not having the game in backers hands prior to or on the same day as retail went live. We are shipping as much as possible everyday when the stock comes in from the various vendors for the steelbooks, disc, inserts, posters, magnets, etc. We had ordered everything in the correct numbers well before our shipping dates, but a number of things came in late, had issues in manufacturing or arrived damaged, which prevented us from sending it out immediately.

All packaging and shipping began on Nov. 6th and continues to this day. We’ll be shipping for the next few weeks to get every package out and in the mail to backers. That said, we are averaging over 800 packages a day, but it will take more time to get through all of the backers that backed the game. To be clear, shipping IS NOT finished to all backers in all regions yet, not even North America. This is an ongoing process and will take time to complete.

Tracking numbers are sent out when orders are processed and dropped off to ship. If you have not received an email yet, please be patient as we work through the multitude of orders we have to process. Try looking in your Spam/Junk email folders as filters can tend to catch mass emails and send them there. Please also check alternate emails you may have used for the tracking codes and log in to backerkit to check your accounts directly if the email is not found.

Why is the game available at retail but it’s taken longer for backers to get their games?

To clear up the question on many people’s minds, these are not produced from the same batch as the original release of the game to retail. This was all a separate custom order that our physical publishing partner Nighthawk placed to help us fulfill the Kickstarter & BackerKit rewards. It’s not easy to make small batch orders work with console manufacturers, especially not with this many SKU’s/different platforms, territories and versions of the game. Pair all that with multiple Steelbook configs, custom sleeves for Kickstarter on all SKUs, plus the bonus items we wanted to include for everyone, and it’s been a trial by fire to to say the least. We are extremely sorry for this and have been doing our best to rectify the issues.

We’ve encountered multiple setbacks in manufacturing, timing for orders to be produced and shipping of the goods were issues we dealt with too. The custom elements, the steelbooks, the exclusive cover-sleeves all took additional time to procure and get manufactured to specifications. There were issues with the cover-sleeves and the glue used, in addition to sizing issues amongst the 4 different sized boxes they go over (Steelbooks, PS4, Xbox One, and Steam cases). The retail release didn’t have to have the covers, nor did it contain collector's editions or Steam versions. It was a much more complex order that involved a myriad of different manufacturers that in some cases, needed to coordinate, meaning a delay in one manufacturers delivery, would cause another in putting a disc inside the box and sealing it for instance.

We apologize for all the delays and missteps in this process. We’re game developers and not retailers. Unfortunately we aren’t a well-oiled machine when it comes to handling fulfillment logistics, but we’re definitely trying. We’ve hit snags along the way, adapting as we learned, but we’ve always been moving forward. We are providing logo magnets, Part IV Jason stickers and a mini-poster for everyone who ordered a physical copy as our way of saying sorry.

We will get every backer the goods they ordered, we are committed to getting everything in your hands as quickly as possible. Thank you all for your understanding as we get through this enormous endeavor while also juggling development related production tasks around the announcement and release of updates for the game.

What about the Kickstarter Exclusive Cover-Sleeves?

All Kickstarter backers that ordered a regular edition of the game on PS4, Xbox One or Steam will be receiving an original exclusive cover to go over their copy of the game. These were not offered on BackerKit, so if you ordered the game on BackerKit you will not be receiving one as they were Kickstarter exclusives. The Collector’s Edition Steelbooks also come with exclusive Kickstarter slip-covers, these are shipping out now and tracking numbers will be received this week.

What’s going on with Signed Copies?

The game will ship separately to you and the signed sleeve/cover will be mailed to you at a later date. With everyone's schedules so hectic this has proved to be a challenge, but never you worry. We want these to be collector’s items that you will cherish and do not want to omit anyone from signing. We're pinning down the signing dates and will be ensuring that all the horror legends and Gun Media and select Illfonic devs sign each sleeve.

What about the Art Book and Soundtrack?

The Physical Art Book and Physical CD Soundtracks are not finished and will come later. As you may know, Single Player is still in production and we are planning to feature art and music from the whole game in the Art Book & Soundtrack. Physical and Digital versions of these will ship once completed. Both the Art Book and Soundtrack are shaping up to be amazing and we’ll keep everyone informed on dates of completion via social media.

What’s up with European and Australian Copies of the game?

There are additional delays on orders containing Steelbook’s or copies of the regular or signed versions of the game for Xbox One or PS4 that are meant for Europe or Australia markets. Our European distribution partners have had issues getting the amount of games we needed to fulfill orders for these regions. Thus, there will be a longer delay for orders going outside of North America. That’s in addition to the longer actual time it takes to ship overseas and get through customs to receive the package. These copies will ship as they come in, and should all be out for delivery in the next 2 1/2 weeks. We will let all those affected know when these arrive and begin shipping.

Video of Shipping In-Progress

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9x0wtxjyoclgrr/F13-Shipping_Exclusive_Covers_converted.mp4?dl=0

Support Inquiries

To address issues with the phone number that was given out by mistake by LRG customer support, that was an old phone number and should not have been given out. Limited Run Games and Illfonic should not be contacted for physical

• Like 8

Hmmm...so single player is going to receive its own music tracks? I'm starting to wonder if there's going to be recreations of scenes that happened in the movies which will be played out during the missions.

Thanks for the update.

Nice to see the exclusive covers are there...I think (some) Backerkit backers were expecting an Exclusive cover though. Seems there was a lot of confusion there.

As you can see from the massive thread on the subject, we tried to do our own research, which was difficult in itself.

Either way, hopefully this situation is now rectified and the focus can turn to fixing the laundry list of issues with the game. Patches need to stop taking steps backwards, otherwise none of this even matters.

(Will PC physical editions include a disc? Or just an empty case with a download code?)

• Like 4

Holy shit!  @GunMedia_Ben, you are still around?  Thanks for popping in and letting us red headed step children of the social media circuit know something.  I actually am not upset about the backerkit not getting a cover. I gave my physical copy away to a friend to try the game anyway.   If he likes it, I'll sell it to him.  Can you confirm or deny that you guys are looking through the suggestions and feedback section?  There are some really good ideas in there.  It would further the gameplay.  

I was immobile in bed with back pain for about 4 days, then had a trip to NYC last weekend and through Tuesday. Been a bit out of the loop, but I'm back now. We have been actively monitoring all the communication and this response has been worked on for the past couple of days to ensure accuracy and provide the best possible information that we can do. We know it took some time to get a response out, but we're not going to immediately post responses without full information when possible. It's tough to not jump in immediately, but we want to be thorough. 

Hope you guys enjoy the rewards as they start to come!  (Our CFO just got his PC case in today, lol)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Hope you guys enjoy the rewards as they start to come!  (Our CFO just got his PC case in today, lol)

Can we see a picture of the PC case, by chance? Also...disc or code inside?

3 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I was immobile in bed with back pain for about 4 days, then had a trip to NYC last weekend and through Tuesday. Been a bit out of the loop, but I'm back now. We have been actively monitoring all the communication and this response has been worked on for the past couple of days to ensure accuracy and provide the best possible information that we can do. We know it took some time to get a response out, but we're not going to immediately post responses without full information when possible. It's tough to not jump in immediately, but we want to be thorough. 

Thanks for the communication, Ben. I'm sorry about the back pain, I've dealt with that before. I hope your pain situation is only temporary.

6 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Glad you're feeling better! I'm sure this news will ease a lot of people's minds. We were all starting to think you guys forgot about us here on the forums. I'm very happy to see all the dev activity here today. It's really good to see again! Part of the reason I got on the forums in the first place was the fact that you and several other devs were active on the forums and continuously responding to our questions and concerns. Hopefully once all the backer shipments are done and some of the new content is finished up we will see a lot more of you. It's always nice to hear from you guys.

• Like 1

Haha it's funny that you guys will post all this other shit but won't address the issues with the game right now how fucked up is that Gun? You have abandoned your hardcore fanbase? What a bunch of bullshit

• Like 2

As a backer its nice to see a post like this, but i cant help but see this as a "PR" cliche! and its mainly because of this statement 

We are extremely sorry for this and have been doing our best to rectify the issues.

How exactly are you guys going to "rectify" the issue? The game has already been out in stores for over a month, and for backers like me we are STILL waiting for our physical copies to get to us. I get that you guys aren't responsible once you have it shipped out, but to wait this long just to get something that wouldn't have been possible without our help is just so unprofessional and just down right sad. We don't deserve this, but to claim you guys will fix the issue when its impossible just as a backer doesn't seem sincere. Again I'm thankful for a post like this, despite it being this late, I just wish this wasnt another post basically blaming other people.

But...... the physical BackerKit order specifically said it would include the exclusive Kickstarter cover.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

What about the Art Book and Soundtrack?

The Physical Art Book and Physical CD Soundtracks are not finished and will come later. As you may know, Single Player is still in production and we are planning to feature art and music from the whole game in the Art Book & Soundtrack. Physical and Digital versions of these will ship once completed. Both the Art Book and Soundtrack are shaping up to be amazing and we’ll keep everyone informed on dates of completion via social media.

3 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

What about the digital soundtrack?

Read the bold.

My order just shipped yesterday and will arrive Tuesday. Will I (and other Kickstarter backers) receive the exclusive cover in the shipping box when my package arrives Tuesday? Or are these exclusive covers shipping at a later date?

• Like 1

My shipping confirmation said my order would arrive Saturday the 18th, however my order came yesterday(Thursday the 16th)!  It was shipped UPS expedited mail innovations and I’m in the eastern US.  The steel case and rev1 slip cover looks way better in person!  I hope the signed cover survives the trip when it’s ready to be shipped out. 

One question....is the number that is on the slip cover I received going to be the same number as the signed one coming later?  ....it looks like everyone is receiving number 18?

Thanks!  

Just an update from a Kickstarter backer of the steel case machete tier. Received tracking info with delivery set for this coming Saturday. Suddenly got an update yesterday saying delivered! SWEET! 

Except there was nothing. No box. No package. NOTHING!! I immediately contacted Randy through email and also on Kickstarter. Have yet to hear anything back! Can I get someone to look into this?!?!