Beano2011

Should Jason have the ability to set traps indoors

Should Jason have the ability to trap indoors?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should jason have the ability to set traps indoor? Eg: set traps inside windows, eg, set traps at the indoor phone that notify's police

• Yes
    • No

If the forum decide this is not a good idea, due to people worrying about "balance" , then no more will be said on this topic.

Trapping the phone doesn’t make sense when he could just smash the phone. I’d be more interested in the introduction of more varied traps like the rope snare from Part 2.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Trapping the phone doesn’t make sense when he could just smash the phone. I’d be more interested in the introduction of more varied traps like the rope snare from Part 2.

i'm down for new trap types like the snare, maybe it automatically transforms into one if a trap is placed by a tree, i'd also like a door trap like an axe attached to a wire or something

28 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Why not? Counselors can set traps indoors, so Jason should be able to as well.

Exactly this. 

11 minutes ago, PastyMcBalderton said:

Yeah, that random-ass pile of leaves inside a cabin should raise ZERO concerns for counselors...

A pile of leaves. Totally inconspicuous, right? No. Very rarely will you get snagged in a trap that you don't notice beforehand.  They are mostly used as an alert system on objectives, not necessarily as a surprise attack.

Being able to place traps indoors around corners and under windows would be no different than placing them around the exterior of the cabin or outside beneath windows. Jason would just be using the counselor's false sense of security indoors to his advantage, no different than placing one in an unexpected position outside. Cutting power to a sector with a trapped cabin could catch people by surprise. That would be a method of using the terrain to Jason's benefit.

9 hours ago, BomberBuddy said:

A pile of leaves. Totally inconspicuous, right? No. Very rarely will you get snagged in a trap that you don't notice beforehand.  They are mostly used as an alert system on objectives, not necessarily as a surprise attack.

Being able to place traps indoors around corners and under windows would be no different than placing them around the exterior of the cabin or outside beneath windows. Jason would just be using the counselor's false sense of security indoors to his advantage, no different than placing one in an unexpected position outside. Cutting power to a sector with a trapped cabin could catch people by surprise. That would be a method of using the terrain to Jason's benefit.

I understand the benefits just fine. All I was doing was taking the piss haha.

3 hours ago, PastyMcBalderton said:

I understand the benefits just fine. All I was doing was taking the piss haha.

Oh.

Sorry if I sounded condescending.

• Like 1

Even if Jason didn't try to hide the trap, and just had the trap on show, it would still be a good strategy and a deterant.

I would like to set one in the bathroom since that's for some reason the place counselors like to go to hide or just stand around while I'm spectating.  Trap then swirlie.

I Voted yes

With that said, I would like to add I hope gun is not making any gameplay decisions on *any* of these forum polls. They can be extremely inaccurate due to people having multiple accounts and troll voting to stear the poll the way they want. I made this comment because I GM a MMORPG server and I have saw it first hand. 

• Like 1

Counselors climbing through windows are untoucable. They can climb through broken windows for a suicide taking the kill away from Jason.

Counselors can chain stun Jason with a pocket knife stun followed by a weapon stun. Use him like a piñata.

Counselors can place traps anywhere they want. Floating in the air too.

Counselors can step in Jason's bear trap. Then use a can of hair spray and run around with leaves and a trap on their foot. Like nothing ever happened.

Counselors can hide in the water or on rocks and Jason can't kill them.

Counselors can use a car to block Jason from entering an area to kill them.

Counselors can stay in a boat by the dock and Jason can't grab or kill them.

Counselors can loop Jason around a long table for 20 minutes. Jason can't do shit about it.

Ok, to hell with ''balance''. Add in the ability for Jason to set traps inside. :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Counselors climbing through windows are untoucable. They can climb through broken windows for a suicide taking the kill away from Jason.

Counselors can chain stun Jason with a pocket knife stun followed by a weapon stun. Use him like a piñata.

Counselors can place traps anywhere they want. Floating in the air too.

Counselors can step in Jason's bear trap. Then use a can of hair spray and run around with leaves and a trap on their foot. Like nothing ever happened.

Counselors can hide in the water or on rocks and Jason can't kill them.

Counselors can use a car to block Jason from entering an area to kill them.

Counselors can stay in a boat by the dock and Jason can't grab or kill them.

Counselors can loop Jason around a long table for 20 minutes. Jason can't do shit about it.

Ok, to hell with ''balance''. Add in the ability for Jason to set traps inside. :lol:

This!!!!

Definitely not his traps.  They would look silly with the leaves on them.  But if he could pick up the regular traps and set them it would be cool, though I’d prefer they fix grab and get dedicated servers running before working on a whole new animation system for Jason to play with bear traps.