1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I do this every fucking day after being on this goddamn forum.

This is me all day everyday 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2017 at 1:41 AM, bewareofbears said:

After a brief conversation with @Redcat345, I did some thinking on how I would like to see Mrs. Voorhees implimented as a playable killer. This is an idea for a 4 vs. 1 game featuring Pamela as the killer, built on suggestions from @Redcat345 and others in the past.

Pamela Voorhees

D12_F664_E_FFEF_48_D9_BC8_B_399_D5_E2_B7

Strengths & Weaknesses: Option 1
Strengths
  • +Stalk
  • +Can Run (as fast as an average counselor)
  • +Weapon Strength

Weaknesses
  • -Can't Shift
  • -Destruction
  • -Grip Strength

This option allows Pamela to morph on par with an average Jason.

Strengths & Weaknesses: Option 2
Strength
  • +Shift
  • +Can run (as fast as an average counselor)
  • +Weapon Strength

Weaknesses
  • -Can't morph
  • -Destruction
  • -Grip Strength

This option allows Pamela to shift but she can't exit shift in view of counselors- similar to how spawning as a zombie works in Left 4 Dead.

Weapon
  • Knife
  • Alternatively, Pamela could use all edged weapons (axe, machete)

Combat
  • Pamela can crawl in and out of windows and hide in any hiding spot.
  • Pamela's speed crawling in and out of windows or hiding spots is faster than any counselor, as well as completely silent.
  • Pamela's stalk is abnormally long in duration, allowing for jump scares.
  • Pamela has kills, that if she is hiding in a closet and a counselor walks past- she can perform an environmental jump scare kill.
  • Pamela's combat is the same or similar to counselors.
  • Pamela must first stun a counselor before being able to perform a grab kill.
  • Pamela's grab kills are low-impact: stabbings, throats cut, etc.
  • Pamela can run as fast as an average counselor but her stamina is significantly higher, walking does not have a stamina cost.

Traps
  • Pamela has no traps but is able to use the same bear traps as counselors.

Sabotage
  • As suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can sabotage escape options- she can remove the battery from the vehicle or propeller from the boat. Depending on balance, this option could be limited to once per vehicle and boat per match.

Maps
  • This mode uses only the small maps.
  • The escape options are limited to the boat, two seater and match time expiration.
  • No guns spawn.
  • Jason's shack doesn't spawn.
  • The two seater is Pamela's Jeep.

Pamela's Kill Conditions
  • Scenario #1: Suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can only be killed on the beach, with an axe or machete- the possibility of these conditions are heightened by the boat being a main escape option
  • Scenario #2: Pamela can only be killed by the final remaining counselor, after a struggle mini game is won. The mini game favours Pamela.
  • Scenario #3: Suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can only be killed by a new hero character: Alice

Pamela's Customization
  • Pamela's base appearance will be as she appeared in first film
  • Pamela will have an alternate skin, as zombie Pamela from Part 3

5_D2250_E7_BAAA_4320_8_DAE_1_E352_C2_FF0

As I said at the beginning of this post, these are a mixture of new and old ideas. Feel free to add or suggest what you think would improve on these ideas.

Ohh good idea and maybe they should put her own game mode or in paranoia

I hope this game mode and paranoia and some optional game mode comes out earlier and not just a tease and got cancelled down

She'd suit single player challenges better than multiplayer. That way she can play to her strengths on unsuspecting victims.

Sorry, but if the counselors know an older lady is chasing them it really doesn't make sense that the likes of Adam and Buggzy wouldn't just serve her an uppercut and be done for the night. Pamela wouldn't be so stupid either.

I still prefer Pamela as a selectable killer in the main multiplayer. Remember when Buggsy was team killing? Well make Pamela a counselor build with all the same traits that they can do and start having her run around with that knife of hers and kill people. She would only need stalk and morph to make it work.

Not that difficult now is it?

Hello. I really support your idea. I have a form found on my account about DLC Single Player Challenges. You'd play as Pamela Voorhees on the first challenge. I though maybe can talk about our ideas  for future things we can have to put in the game! Thanks!

Pointless now. Never going to happen.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TWarner said:

Pointless now. Never going to happen.

How many times do I have to tell people everywhere? The lawsuit isn't FOREVER Sure it can last year's but it can also just be months!

Edited by eGraye9
Typos

21 minutes ago, eGraye9 said:

How many times to I have to tell people everywhere? The lawsuit isn't FOREVER Sure it can last year's but it can also just be !

True, but game support is very, very finite for all but the most successful of titles. The majority of video games make 75% of all their sales in the two months of release. After that it slows to a crawl eventually dropping down to an almost untraceable trickle. By the time that point hits, the developers should already  be planning their next game to keep revenue coming in, otherwise they'll go bankrupt supporting new content for a product that's no longer producing money. For most games, that point hits around a year after release. This game released last May. Basically I'm saying we were probably facing this point once the next map and Jason X skin released, all this did is push it forward a bit. This game isn't going to get new content post-lawsuit. It's just not. 

8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

True, but game support is very, very finite for all but the most successful of titles. The majority of video games make 75% of all their sales in the two months of release. After that it slows to a crawl eventually dropping down to an almost untraceable trickle. By the time that point hits, the developers should already  be planning their next game to keep revenue coming in, otherwise they'll go bankrupt supporting new content for a product that's no longer producing money. For most games, that point hits around a year after release. This game released last May. Basically I'm saying we were probably facing this point once the next map and Jason X skin released, all this did is push it forward a bit. This game isn't going to get new content post-lawsuit. It's just not. 

Interesting thing for a moderator to post.

Personally, I think it should be a GAME MODE. 8 Counselors, one each round goes inside and hears Jason's voice saying "Get even with them, kill them." If she's to be a killer and not a  game mode: I believe their pros & cons should be...

Strengths: 
+Traps
+Weapon Strength
+Can Run

Weaknesses: 
-Shift
-Morph
-Swim Speed

She's not a supernatural killer like Jason. But keeping with game mechanics, I feel this would balance her out. She has disadvantages with traveling, however, she has extra power up close and with traps, she can slow them down from escaping easier.

Her kill methods should be the last counselor alive, with a machete on a beach can do a struggle minigame, favoring Pamela, decapitates her. POSSIBLY a Jason's baseball hat stun?

31 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Isn't paid dlc incoming revenue? Id be fine with that if $$$ the only thing standing in way of new future content after settlement. Other devs seem to have no problem with this model.

Don't get your hopes up there won't be a quick resolution to this lawsuit. My hopes now are for bug fixes and servers which I'm not holding my breath for because it all still cost money and with no future revenue coming in to pay these guys I don't see them working for free cause I wouldn't.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Interesting thing for a moderator to post.

Us mods are just random people that are passionate about the product and therefore asked to help police the boards. Not saying anything on behalf of the company, cause truthfully most of us have essentially no contact with them other than discussions regarding situations and behavior on here. I said what I said from experience as a five year store and district manager at a video game store (GameCrazy for those that might remember them and/or Hollywood Video). It's just the way game economics works. Everyone jumps on the hot new title in the first two months it's out. Then sales plummet due to used copies being available, new titles taking it's place, and plenty of other reasons. Because of that, support for most games usually only lasts for a year or less and then the developer starts producing their next title. The rare exceptions are the insanely popular games like GTA and Halo, where the daily player base is large and lucrative enough for add-on DLC sales to remain viable well beyond a year of the release date. 

On 6/18/2018 at 9:31 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Isn't paid dlc incoming revenue? Id be fine with that if $$$ the only thing standing in way of new future content after settlement. Other devs seem to have no problem with this model.

Paid DLC is a very minor revenue intake that often doesn't generate much more money than it cost to develop. Around 15-25% of players buy DLC depending on which study you read*, and that figure tends to be even lower for non-game changing stuff (emotes, for instance). Lets say there's 25,000 players still regularly logging in by the time they can make DLC again. If 20% of them buy a $5 DLC every time one releases, that's only $25,000 generated (5000 players x $5). That's not even half of one employee's yearly salary. Even if they released a DLC pack every month, that wouldn't be enough to pay rent on their office and payroll a five person staff. And that's assuming they could consistently develop DLC that's of a high enough quality that 20% of the player base would be willing to buy it. DLC is not a viable economic plan by itself. Full game releases are where the money is earned. DLC is how the developer keeps the customers engaged and coming back. 

*Here's the one I used that puts the range between 16-23% for reference: https://www.alistdaily.com/digital/npd-77-percent-gamers-willing-pay-microtransactions/ 

15 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Paid DLC is a very minor revenue intake that often doesn't generate much more money than it cost to develop. Around 15-25% of players buy DLC depending on which study you read*, and that figure tends to be even lower for non-game changing stuff (emotes, for instance). Lets say there's 25,000 players still regularly logging in by the time they can make DLC again. If 20% of them buy a $5 DLC every time one releases, that's only $25,000 generated (5000 players x $5). That's not even half of one employee's yearly salary. Even if they released a DLC pack every month, that would be enough to pay rent on their office and payroll a five person staff. And that's assuming they could consistently develop DLC that's of a high enough quality that 20% of the player base would be willing to buy it. DLC is not a viable economic plan by itself. Full game releases are where the money is earned. DLC is how the developer keeps the customers engaged and coming back. 

*Here's the one I used that puts the range between 16-23% for reference: https://www.alistdaily.com/digital/npd-77-percent-gamers-willing-pay-microtransactions/ 

Damn. Way to piss on my cheerios...?

On 11/30/2018 at 1:47 PM, KenshiroHNK said:

Pamela should be able to move exactly like other counselors and even take the appearance of other womens.

Not take the other appearances, but the movement should be that or like Tommy's speed.