On 15/11/2017 at 10:41 AM, bewareofbears said:

After a brief conversation with @Redcat345, I did some thinking on how I would like to see Mrs. Voorhees implimented as a playable killer. This is an idea for a 4 vs. 1 game featuring Pamela as the killer, built on suggestions from @Redcat345 and others in the past.

Pamela Voorhees

Strengths & Weaknesses: Option 1
Strengths
  • +Stalk
  • +Can Run (as fast as an average counselor)
  • +Weapon Strength

Weaknesses
  • -Can't Shift
  • -Destruction
  • -Grip Strength

This option allows Pamela to morph on par with an average Jason.

Strengths & Weaknesses: Option 2
Strength
  • +Shift
  • +Can run (as fast as an average counselor)
  • +Weapon Strength

Weaknesses
  • -Can't morph
  • -Destruction
  • -Grip Strength

This option allows Pamela to shift but she can't exit shift in view of counselors- similar to how spawning as a zombie works in Left 4 Dead.

Weapon
  • Knife
  • Alternatively, Pamela could use all edged weapons (axe, machete)

Combat
  • Pamela can crawl in and out of windows and hide in any hiding spot.
  • Pamela's speed crawling in and out of windows or hiding spots is faster than any counselor, as well as completely silent.
  • Pamela's stalk is abnormally long in duration, allowing for jump scares.
  • Pamela has kills, that if she is hiding in a closet and a counselor walks past- she can perform an environmental jump scare kill.
  • Pamela's combat is the same or similar to counselors.
  • Pamela must first stun a counselor before being able to perform a grab kill.
  • Pamela's grab kills are low-impact: stabbings, throats cut, etc.
  • Pamela can run as fast as an average counselor but her stamina is significantly higher, walking does not have a stamina cost.

Traps
  • Pamela has no traps but is able to use the same bear traps as counselors.

Sabotage
  • As suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can sabotage escape options- she can remove the battery from the vehicle or propeller from the boat. Depending on balance, this option could be limited to once per vehicle and boat per match.

Maps
  • This mode uses only the small maps.
  • The escape options are limited to the boat, two seater and match time expiration.
  • No guns spawn.
  • Jason's shack doesn't spawn.
  • The two seater is Pamela's Jeep.

Pamela's Kill Conditions
  • Scenario #1: Suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can only be killed on the beach, with an axe or machete- the possibility of these conditions are heightened by the boat being a main escape option
  • Scenario #2: Pamela can only be killed by the final remaining counselor, after a struggle mini game is won. The mini game favours Pamela.
  • Scenario #3: Suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can only be killed by a new hero character: Alice

Pamela's Customization
  • Pamela's base appearance will be as she appeared in first film
  • Pamela will have an alternate skin, as zombie Pamela from Part 3

As I said at the beginning of this post, these are a mixture of new and old ideas. Feel free to add or suggest what you think would improve on these ideas.

you nailed it.

On 12/1/2017 at 1:19 AM, Redrum138 said:

Got a question, I'm working on a short story and I would like your input about the above quote. Do you believe that Jason could have been living in the woods at Crystal Lake, while it's known Pamela was watching the camp. Starting fires, and causing chaos in the area for twenty years keeping people away. But in all that time she never found Jason? I'm finding it hard to figure that out, what do you all think? Love the topic and all the ideas so far, I hope they put Pamela in game!

Heh. Wish I could help, but I'm in a similar boat. I'm actually about halfway through with an official commissioned project I can't really discuss right now, but I can tell you I listed the above quote because of things discovered through my research. It will either be accepted or rejected, and sadly, I can't really comment further on it until at least then. 

I will say, however, that my thinking was very much along the same as yours -- and I discovered there were several other unanswered questions that were never actually addressed or properly "told" in the storyline, and I seek to remedy that.

But keep writing! Keep thinking! This franchise -- along with millions of existing others, as well as ones still uncreated -- are just waiting for creative minds to deepen their stories and bring them to life! Best of luck.

On 11/18/2017 at 2:22 PM, TheReaper666 said:

To be on topic lol I really do like the ideas of Pamela being able to hide, climb through windows etc. Would be really cool. Would be scary to have her come out from under a bed and grab you for a neat surprise kill.

Yeah, talk about "hard mode!" One aspect of the current F13 game is being able to escape Jason by diving through windows where he cannot pursue. Imagine getting an arrow to the chest, limping to a window and crawling in -- only to have someone crawl in right behind you with wild eyes and teeth, holding a knife over her head. Or, as you mention, have her jump out from a closet while you're searching a drawer. There really would be no escape from Pamela -- except by juking and losing her -- or through a life-or-death struggle where you have to injure or kill her. (I would have to assume Pamela can also make use of the health sprays.)

Mind you, she needs to hear Jason's echoed "little boy voice" chanting in her head, with her responding as she pursues her quarry.

This, fellas, could be EPIC.   

7 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Yeah, talk about "hard mode!" One aspect of the current F13 game is being able to escape Jason by diving through windows where he cannot pursue. Imagine getting an arrow to the chest, limping to a window and crawling in -- only to have someone crawl in right behind you with wild eyes and teeth, holding a knife over her head. Or, as you mention, have her jump out from a closet while you're searching a drawer. There really would be no escape from Pamela -- except by juking and losing her -- or through a life-or-death struggle where you have to injure or kill her. (I would have to assume Pamela can also make use of the health sprays.)

Mind you, she needs to hear Jason's echoed "little boy voice" chanting in her head, with her responding as she pursues her quarry.

This, fellas, could be EPIC.   

This is the EXACT type of gameplay I had in mind for this idea when I was thinking it up!!!!

Edited by Redcat345
Phone autocorrect

3 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

This is the EXACT type of gameplay Had in mind for this handsome when I was thinking it up!!!!

Glad to hear it. And -- thanks for noticing my handsome.  ;)

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Glad to hear it. And -- thanks for noticing my handsome.  ;)

I meant to say idea, but my phone is possessed by auto-correct

14 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Heh. Wish I could help, but I'm in a similar boat. I'm actually about halfway through with an official commissioned project I can't really discuss right now, but I can tell you I listed the above quote because of things discovered through my research. It will either be accepted or rejected, and sadly, I can't really comment further on it until at least then. 

Ok, mine isn't officially commissioned or anything. I'm a single dad working 40 plus hours as a welder, I'm not a writer. I hold no illusions of being an author as anything more than a hobby in my off hours. Was just asking what others thought about that question, nothing more. So, is there anyone out there who can help a fella out? I'm just someone trying to ask what people think. Do you believe Pamela could go 20 years without realizing her son is living in the woods at Crystal Lake? Thanks

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

I meant to say idea, but my phone is possessed by auto-correct

Okay well then, thanks for NOT noticing my handsome.  <_<

On 12/1/2017 at 2:19 AM, Redrum138 said:

Got a question, I'm working on a short story and I would like your input about the above quote. Do you believe that Jason could have been living in the woods at Crystal Lake, while it's known Pamela was watching the camp. Starting fires, and causing chaos in the area for twenty years keeping people away. But in all that time she never found Jason? I'm finding it hard to figure that out, what do you all think? Love the topic and all the ideas so far, I hope they put Pamela in game!

9 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Ok, mine isn't officially commissioned or anything. I'm a single dad working 40 plus hours as a welder, I'm not a writer. I hold no illusions of being an author as anything more than a hobby in my off hours. Was just asking what others thought about that question, nothing more. So, is there anyone out there who can help a fella out? I'm just someone trying to ask what people think. Do you believe Pamela could go 20 years without realizing her son is living in the woods at Crystal Lake? Thanks

I have a few theories about Pamela and Jason and the events surrounding the first movie. I have no plans to write anything on the franchise so feel free to use one of these. Maybe throw a nod my way, like creative consultant, or research partner, or co-author, or spiritual guide (I'm not picky):

• Theory One: Jason nearly drowned, survived, and washed ashore, living as a feral child in the woods. This one is the least likely, as..well...lots of reasons. He had plenty of opportunities to come into contact with the outside world. Why would he not just seek out his mother again? ...unless he recognized danger in her (cue surprise reveal music).
  • Theory Two: Jason never drowned. Maybe some other kid did, but not Jason. Pamela, in her fractured mind adopts the drowning story as her own, and occasionally zones out and forgets that the child she sees every day is not dead. This feeds a hatred she develops while she progressively neglects her living child who eventually develops survival skills for himself.
  • Theory C: Jason did drown. Pamela was normal before the events. Crystal lake has a death curse. The Voorhees family isn't special. If it wasn't Jason's story, some other horrible event wouldn't eventually occurred (see Tommy Jarvis's state of mind at the end of IV and then again in V, also Roy Burns).
  • Theory Delta: Jason did drown. Pamela, in her grief, devotes herself to the study of the occult in attempts to make contact with her dead son. Her mind spirals out of control and she never realizes that her efforts to reach him actually revived him.
  • Theory Two Part 2 The Return: Jason never drowned. Some other kid did. Pamela knows this. She continually screws with the camp and Crystal lake inhabitants for kicks. Jason helps her. She wasn't the only killer the night of the first movie. The "my kid drowned" story was more to screw with her prey than anything resembling actual beliefs. They're all still crazy, but competent.
Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
Corrections, rewording, jazzing up a few things

maybe instead of grabbing for kills you just perform instant kill executions when you successfully swing at someone, just like how the machete and hatchet works in the last of us. 

counselors would take 2 swings one to make em limp and the second to "execute" them with a cool animation but the trade off is that you are slower than most counselors so you have to utilize your shifting and your sneakiness effectively to surprise people out of nowhere or else they can just run off.

there would still be the problem with counselors fighting you. surely pamela cant take  buggzy swinging a machete into her dome as well as jason does, so for that you could either remove weapons for counselors in the pamela gamemode or add a single weapon around pamelas spawn that counselors need to get in order to kill her. 

5 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I have a few theories about Pamela and Jason and the events surrounding the first movie. I have no plans to write anything on the franchise so feel free to use one of these. Maybe throw a nod my way, like creative consultant, or research partner, or co-author, or spiritual guide (I'm not picky):

Loved them all, good stuff my man! If I ever would get published I would definitely list you as my spirit guide, the grand poobah of Crystal Lake lore. Thanks my friend!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Loved them all, good stuff my man! If I ever would get published I would definitely list you as my spirit guide, the grand poobah of Crystal Lake lore. Thanks my friend!

Don't give me THAT much credit. I would quickly fall off of that pedestal.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Don't give me THAT much credit. I would quickly fall off of that pedestal.

Lol, cool. Maybe not the Grand Poobah then, but still very helpful. So, thank you!

• Thanks 1

I want Pamela to be able to hide in closets like the counselors after cutting the power so she can pop out and get kills. Imagine going to a cabin, thinking you're safe with the lights out, then Pamela pops out of the closet and does a throat slash kill.

@GunMedia_Ben, @Randygbk, @wes please look over and consider this thread as a future addition to the game!😁

Pamela's Mode ! (Requires the 20 Pamela's Tapes to be unlocked)

Each game will last 20 minutes.

The player will only play as PAMELA VOORHEES.

This game mode exists in bots version (10 bots VS. Pamela Voorhees) and in multiplayer version (4 survivors VS. Pamela Voorhees).

There is only ONE EXIT, whether for cars, the boat, or the arrival of the police.

Story Game : Ten campers (BOTS) do not suspect that Pamela Voorhees came back to avenge her son's death years ago.

Bots enjoy themselves, swim, dance, smoke, drink, wander, and do not suspect for one second that they are being watched.

Campers will only be notified of their presence if the safety/danger gauge of a bots changes from GREEN to RED.

At this points, the campers will do everything to protect themselves from Pamela and pick up weapons and by idiocy, will disperse.

There will be THREE levels of difficulty + ONE bonus level :

1 - EASY

2 - ADVANCED

3 - EXPERT

BONUS - SURVIVAL (This level requires the success of the "Expert" level to be unlocked.

Strenghts & Weaknesses :

+ A perfect discretion

+ Can hide in the forest

+ May cause uncontrolled fear

- Do not swim fast

- Any sense

- No shift & no teleportation

Stats :

Strenghts : 8/10

Stamina : 6/10

Speed : 5/10

Discretion : 10/10

Sabotage (Battery, Propeller, etc...) : 10/10

Ruse :

Pamela can hide in closets and pop up on a camper to kill him but she can also pass through a window discreetly if ever the door has been barricated. She can open and close windows.

Skills

R1 + Round (PS4) : Pamela can blend into the background when surrounded by a tree. This skill only lasts a few seconds.

R1 + Cross (PS4) : The strength of Pamela is doubled. This skill lasts 15 seconds.

R1 + Square (PS4) : Pamela can cause uncontrolled fear in the campers that will make them confuses. This skill lasts 20-30 seconds.

R1 + Triangle (PS4) : Pamela enters a black rage and can explode the doors in just 2 shots, can kill a counselor more quickly, can launch a knife remotely with unparalleled accuracy. This skill lasts 30 seconds and takes 5 minutes to complete.

Grab

When Pamela catches a counselor by the neck, the counselor can struggle and stop him by pressing the touch "X" (as if to escape a Jason grab). The player controlling Pamela must press "X" and complete his progress bar before the counselor to kill him.

Kill Pamela :

To kill Pamela, the counselor will have to go to the old Voorhees House and pick up Pamela's machete. To enter the Voorhees House, the counselor will have to find the key of the house in one of the drawers of the map. Pamela can only be killed on the beach.

No Tommy radio :

Tommy Jarvis can NOT be called in this game mode.

I HAVE NO OTHER IDEA, ADD IT IF YOU LIKE MINE. :)

On 12/10/2017 at 11:44 AM, JupiterBttch said:

Pamela's Mode ! (Requires the 20 Pamela's Tapes to be unlocked)

Each game will last 20 minutes.

The player will only play as PAMELA VOORHEES.

This game mode exists in bots version (10 bots VS. Pamela Voorhees) and in multiplayer version (4 survivors VS. Pamela Voorhees).

There is only ONE EXIT, whether for cars, the boat, or the arrival of the police.

Story Game : Ten campers (BOTS) do not suspect that Pamela Voorhees came back to avenge her son's death years ago.

Bots enjoy themselves, swim, dance, smoke, drink, wander, and do not suspect for one second that they are being watched.

Campers will only be notified of their presence if the safety/danger gauge of a bots changes from GREEN to RED.

At this points, the campers will do everything to protect themselves from Pamela and pick up weapons and by idiocy, will disperse.

There will be THREE levels of difficulty + ONE bonus level :

1 - EASY

2 - ADVANCED

3 - EXPERT

BONUS - SURVIVAL (This level requires the success of the "Expert" level to be unlocked.

Strenghts & Weaknesses :

+ A perfect discretion

+ Can hide in the forest

+ May cause uncontrolled fear

- Do not swim fast

- Any sense

- No shift & no teleportation

Stats :

Strenghts : 8/10

Stamina : 6/10

Speed : 5/10

Discretion : 10/10

Sabotage (Battery, Propeller, etc...) : 10/10

Ruse :

Pamela can hide in closets and pop up on a camper to kill him but she can also pass through a window discreetly if ever the door has been barricated. She can open and close windows.

Skills

R1 + Round (PS4) : Pamela can blend into the background when surrounded by a tree. This skill only lasts a few seconds.

R1 + Cross (PS4) : The strength of Pamela is doubled. This skill lasts 15 seconds.

R1 + Square (PS4) : Pamela can cause uncontrolled fear in the campers that will make them confuses. This skill lasts 20-30 seconds.

R1 + Triangle (PS4) : Pamela enters a black rage and can explode the doors in just 2 shots, can kill a counselor more quickly, can launch a knife remotely with unparalleled accuracy. This skill lasts 30 seconds and takes 5 minutes to complete.

Grab

When Pamela catches a counselor by the neck, the counselor can struggle and stop him by pressing the touch "X" (as if to escape a Jason grab). The player controlling Pamela must press "X" and complete his progress bar before the counselor to kill him.

Kill Pamela :

To kill Pamela, the counselor will have to go to the old Voorhees House and pick up Pamela's machete. To enter the Voorhees House, the counselor will have to find the key of the house in one of the drawers of the map. Pamela can only be killed on the beach.

No Tommy radio :

Tommy Jarvis can NOT be called in this game mode.

I HAVE NO OTHER IDEA, ADD IT IF YOU LIKE MINE. :)

I like this idea, keep throwing more stuff out there, lets see what ideas you guys can cook up!

On 12/5/2017 at 9:46 AM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

• Theory One: Jason nearly drowned, survived, and washed ashore, living as a feral child in the woods. This one is the least likely, as..well...lots of reasons. He had plenty of opportunities to come into contact with the outside world. Why would he not just seek out his mother again? ...unless he recognized danger in her (cue surprise reveal music).
  • Theory Two: Jason never drowned. Maybe some other kid did, but not Jason. Pamela, in her fractured mind adopts the drowning story as her own, and occasionally zones out and forgets that the child she sees every day is not dead. This feeds a hatred she develops while she progressively neglects her living child who eventually develops survival skills for himself.
  • Theory C: Jason did drown. Pamela was normal before the events. Crystal lake has a death curse. The Voorhees family isn't special. If it wasn't Jason's story, some other horrible event wouldn't eventually occurred (see Tommy Jarvis's state of mind at the end of IV and then again in V, also Roy Burns).
  • Theory Delta: Jason did drown. Pamela, in her grief, devotes herself to the study of the occult in attempts to make contact with her dead son. Her mind spirals out of control and she never realizes that her efforts to reach him actually revived him.
  • Theory Two Part 2 The Return: Jason never drowned. Some other kid did. Pamela knows this. She continually screws with the camp and Crystal lake inhabitants for kicks. Jason helps her. She wasn't the only killer the night of the first movie. The "my kid drowned" story was more to screw with her prey than anything resembling actual beliefs. They're all still crazy, but competent.

I think a version of Theory Delta is canon; it should be if it isn't.

Instead of trying to make contact, however, she was working to revive Jason from the start. The idea is that she had to kill a certain amount of counselors and she kills all the necessary sacrifices but one. She herself is killed and her death is the completion of the sacrifices necessary to revive Jason. I've seen this theory somewhere else as well.

I always saw Jason as undead. I never considered him to have survived his drowning.

7 hours ago, ThomasJarvis said:

Great idea but could this not be playable with 8 people?

I disliked the idea of 7 counselors beating on Mrs. Voorhees. I also thought it would be beneficial to have a mode that required less players, making it easier to find a game.

These are only suggestions. Feel free to add to them or share your own concepts. Nothing here is set in stone as we're basically brainstorming on what we'd like to see from a Mrs. Voorhees mode.

I would like to see seven, the original number in part 1.

Also hoping that the case in front of J2 in the VC2 is Pamela Voorhees.