38 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

trust is an ability to disguise herself and lurker is the ability to hide in bushes without being seen 

I dislike the disguise idea as it doesn't match up with what she actually did. I'm also not a fan of her hiding in the bushes as the maps aren't really built for hiding in bushes.

This leads me to something I've been thinking on related to Option #2 for her Strengths and Weaknesses and a bit of what @Cokeyskunk said about stalk:

Pamela's shift would be a free roam, similar to spawning as a zombie in Left 4 Dead. Pamela would not be able to exit shift in view of counselors (with a decent minimum range of 10-15 feet) but she could enter any hiding spot and then appear, such as under the bed, an outhouse, etc. She wouldn't be able to pass through walls or doors though and her shift and stalk would enter a short cooldown when she's been spotted.

My thoughts are that Pamela could only perform a grab kill when counselors are at maximum fear. Her being able to spawn in hiding spots and successfully jump scare counselors would drive up their fear considerably. If a counselors fear was at it's highest point, the jump scares would be replaced with surprise kills. Stalk and shift would have to have cooldowns so a player couldn't spam jump scares in one area. Fear would also be naturally generated by proximity to Pamela, etc like it is with Jason.

Also been thinking about replacing the throwing knives with a bow and arrow. Not sure how that would work or look though. I like the idea of her attacks being long range, similar to a sniper. This would allow Pamela to remain in the shadows but still inflict damage. The overall idea being to direct gameplay towards stalking and surprise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Also been thinking about replacing the throwing knives with a bow and arrow. Not sure how that would work or look though. I like the idea of her attacks being long range, similar to a sniper. This would allow Pamela to remain in the shadows but still inflict damage. The overall idea being to direct gameplay towards stalking and surprise.

I totally hear you. I get it. The hairy monster in the room here is that pesky canon. To the best of my recollection, Pamela never used a ranged weapon. But yet -- in order to make her a comparable killer, she really needs one.

All that being out of the way -- does the fact that she was never SEEN using a ranged weapon mean she's INCAPABLE of using one? Certainly not. I'm not so sure about the bow and arrow, though. She would have to then carry a quiver, and seeing Pamela Voorhees race around the map looking like Legolas or Katniss Everdeen is kind of a mood killer.

But again, totally agree she needs a ranged weapon. Am gobsmacked as to what it should be.

Glad we're on the same page with surprise being Pamela's ultimate weapon. I liken Jason and Pamela's individual styles to that of a viking and a ninja, respectively. Jason's a big, nasty brute who smashes his way into things and hacks folks to pieces. But Pamela -- on the complete opposite side of the spectrum -- uses stealth and shadows as her main weapons, then corners people and quickly does them in. 

Giving the gameplay a greatly heightened sense of surprise with Pamela can give it an entirely new dynamic, which will put the game over-the-top.

Great. Now that it's settled that Pamela MUST be in the game, how do we go about getting her in there??!!

16 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Pamela never used a ranged weapon. But yet -- in order to make her a comparable killer, she really needs one.

BUT she did hang that one guy up with arrows... It wouldn't be too far out there. You're right about this though:

17 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

seeing Pamela Voorhees race around the map looking like Legolas or Katniss Everdeen is kind of a mood killer.

@Cokeyskunk and @Truth

Maybe a crossbow? Smaller, limited amount of arrows. Wouldn't be visible unless in use (like Jasons magic throwing knife collection).

And cokey- no idea how to get her/a Pamela mode into the game. The best we can really do is show interesting and provide suggestions. I don't think a game mode like this is out of the the realm of possibility. 

Edit:

There's action figures of her with a bow and arrow. 

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Maybe a crossbow? Smaller, limited amount of arrows. Wouldn't be visible unless in use (like Jasons magic throwing knife collection).

Crossbow could work but that's even more bulky than a regular bow.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Crossbow could work but that's even more bulky than a regular bow.

I'd imagine a crossbow or bow would be strapped to her leg. No arrow sack though, they'd be like the throwing knives.

I still like the idea of the bow and arrow. It would just require some creativity to have it not look out of place. She should have a limited amount of arrows obviously but maybe there's more around camp (particularly at the archery range) to find/use.

15 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Edit:

Good point. It looks as though the bow and arrow was even Betsy Palmer-approved before her demise.

01ff421547039ae14a18776f8e76de57.jpg

Anybody want to explain to me why she can't have shift and morph? It's not like Jason even have those abilities in the movies. In JTM this was the first time we see him teleport, but I could come up with a logical explanation why that may not be the case.

37 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

21 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Good point. It looks as though the bow and arrow was even Betsy Palmer-approved before her demise.

That's good enough for me. Bow it is!

26 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

Anybody want to explain to me why she can't have shift and morph? It's not like Jason even have those abilities in the movies. In JTM this was the first time we see him teleport, but I could come up with a logical explanation why that may not be the case.

he teleports in part 6 when he kills nancy mclaughlin

24 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

he teleports in part 6 when he kills nancy mclaughlin

She was looking down at her purse to remove money while the camera points away from Jason.

If they want to prove he can teleport, keep the camera on him so we can see him magically disappear and reappear somewhere else.

• Like 1

I love this, as it would definitely make for an awesome game mode. Also agree with whoever suggested that the canoe should be the boat escape method. I would love to see 3 and a half new playable characters in this mode. The one obvious, Ralph, Alice and young Jason (being the half) for the boat kill only. I would like to see Pamela be able to drive her Jeep and also a bicycle as the remaining escape option, rather than the police. 2 seater, 1 canoe, 1 bicycle, no cops. The weapon ideas are perfect and would make for a fun killer. I would definitely love to hear from one of the devs on the possibility of this as a new mode. It would definitely be a refreshing change of pace and a perfect way to put Mrs. Voorhees into the game. I love the ideas Red and yourself have come up with and here's to hoping this can become a thing. I would also hope for 1 new small map exclusive to this mode, the abandoned camp.

12 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

She was looking down at her purse to remove money while the camera points away from Jason.

If they want to prove he can teleport, keep the camera on him so we can see him magically disappear and reappear somewhere else.

you know they did not have effects to make it possible to keep camera on him in 1986 so they had do it the way it ended up

32 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

Honestly I think you're just looking to far into it...

I may be oversimplifying this, but essentially she is human, Jason is undead. Even the "living" Jason's. He died in the lake as a kid and came back to life. He's an immortal(ish) beast, and she's a squishy human. It makes sense that she wouldn't have abilities like Jason.

On 11/16/2017 at 1:18 PM, Redcat345 said:

BONUS: when you kill Pamela, the cutscene will cut to an enraged Jason's POV and show him watching Pamela die with him clenching his fist, like in the Simon Hawke part 2 novelization after the Alice kills Pamela sequence finishes.

That's a good idea, but that idea didn't originate from the novel -- it's basically canon in the films.

Remember what Ginny said in Part II?

"I doubt Jason would have even known the meaning of death. At least until that horrible night. He must've seen the whole thing happen. He must've seen his mother get killed, all because she loved him. Isn't that what her revenge was all about? Her sense of loss, her rage at what she thought happened, her love for him? Bizarre, isn't it?"

The entire franchise is based on motivation:

• Pamela's motivation to murder is based on her grief, in that she (wrongly) believes her son to be long gone.
  • Jason's motivation to murder is based on him witnessing his mother's murders, as well as her own.

It's an excellent springboard for a franchise. Just too bad the random directors tended to throw consistency to the four winds.

I think in part 2,3 e 4 Jason was already immortal but he did not know that, his mother give him "superpowers" with necronomicon ( part 9).

17 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

you know they did not have effects to make it possible to keep camera on him in 1986 so they had do it the way it ended up

Part V hallucination Jason at the end. He was standing in Tommy's hospital bedroom and we saw him disappear. Why not use that as special effects?

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

Honestly I think you're just looking to far into it...

I may be oversimplifying this, but essentially she is human, Jason is undead. Even the "living" Jason's. He died in the lake as a kid and came back to life. He's an immortal(ish) beast, and she's a squishy human. It makes sense that she wouldn't have abilities like Jason.

That's not the point I'm making. Shift and morph aren't canon/lore to the films. That was my argument. I can make a case with sense too, since when did we ever see Jason use Predator vision?

There is a large misconception that Jason possess these abilities. I take that shift and morph are just in game mechanics to help Jason catch preys, nothing more or less, so the devs brought this idea forward to give the rubberband effect. That's why I don't see a reason why these mechanics needs to be removed if Pamela ever makes it in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, i-cold said:

I think in part 2,3 e 4 Jason was already immortal but he did not know that, his mother give him "superpowers" with necronomicon ( part 9).

That's not canon. The director of P9 had this idea years later and liked it, so he made a statement about it. That doesn't make it canon.

The current belief is that Jason was technically, humanly "alive" up through parts 3 or 4, depending on whom you believe. (Some say he was officially "killed" by Chris Higgins with the hatchet to the head in P3, whereas others are certain he "died" at the hands of a child Tommy Jarvis in P4.) In all future Paramount films, he is considered "undead," but no film mentions the Necronomicon or anything from The Evil Dead.

11 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

That's not the point I'm making. Shift and morph aren't canon/lore to the films. That was my argument. I can make a case with sense too, since when did we ever see Jason use Predator vision?

There is a large misconception that Jason possess these abilities. I take that shift and morph are just in game mechanics to help Jason catch preys, nothing more or less, so the devs brought this idea forward to give the rubberband effect. That's why I don't see a reason why these mechanics needs to be removed if Pamela ever makes it in.

Ah I got it. Understandable argument, but adding Pamela would essentially be a new mode anyway. Might as well think of OTHER things she would be able to to to make this mode stand out. I guess I'm not opposed to keeping the abilities, but I would much rather see new or modified abilities than the same ones Jason uses. After all, Pamela is what launched the series into what it has become. She deserves to stand out a little.

@Cokeyskunk

That's neat seeing Betsy Palmer with an action figure of herself- probably the last thing she expected to come from a role in a slasher film.

8 hours ago, Archgamer said:

Ideas are kind of evolving as the thread goes on here but Pamela would keep shift. There would be no morph as Pamela would move as fast as the counselors, making it unnecessary.

7 hours ago, Truth said:

That's good enough for me. Bow it is!

Ditto.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

But again, totally agree she needs a ranged weapon. Am gobsmacked as to what it should be.

Was gonna suggest throwing hatchetsuntil I pictured Pamela running around the map with a messenger bag full of hatchets. Maybe the bow and arrow could work if you just don't draw attention to the absurdity of it; maybe have her keep the bow slung around her neck, but have her pull the arrows out of her pants. Sure, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but where does Jason keep his throwing knives?

20 minutes ago, DialM said:

Was gonna suggest throwing hatchetsuntil I pictured Pamela running around the map with a messenger bag full of hatchets. Maybe the bow and arrow could work if you just don't draw attention to the absurdity of it; maybe have her keep the bow slung around her neck, but have her pull the arrows out of her pants. Sure, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but where does Jason keep his throwing knives?

I want her to have the bow and arrow, would be fun to use and could set things for the speargun. Her melee weapons list (ignore the wrong picture in article) http://immwdb.wikia.com/wiki/Friday_the_13th

Also to add to what @bewareofbears said, Pamela killed Brenda with arrows off screen and killed Jack with arrow to the throat. @Cokeyskunk, Pamela did hide in the woods/bushes, because she was watching the counselors swimming and the drowning prank when Alice sensed her watching them. She needs to be able to hide there.