Jump to content

Recommended Posts

After a brief conversation with @Redcat345, I did some thinking on how I would like to see Mrs. Voorhees implimented as a playable killer. This is an idea for a 4 vs. 1 game featuring Pamela as the killer, built on suggestions from @Redcat345 and others in the past.

Pamela Voorhees
 
D12_F664_E_FFEF_48_D9_BC8_B_399_D5_E2_B7
 
Strengths & Weaknesses: Option 1
Strengths
  • +Stalk
  • +Can Run (as fast as an average counselor)
  • +Weapon Strength
 
Weaknesses
  • -Can't Shift
  • -Destruction
  • -Grip Strength
 
This option allows Pamela to morph on par with an average Jason.
 
Strengths & Weaknesses: Option 2
Strength
  • +Shift
  • +Can run (as fast as an average counselor)
  • +Weapon Strength
 
Weaknesses
  • -Can't morph
  • -Destruction
  • -Grip Strength
 
This option allows Pamela to shift but she can't exit shift in view of counselors- similar to how spawning as a zombie works in Left 4 Dead.
 
Weapon
  • Knife
  • Alternatively, Pamela could use all edged weapons (axe, machete)
 
Combat
  • Pamela can crawl in and out of windows and hide in any hiding spot.
  • Pamela's speed crawling in and out of windows or hiding spots is faster than any counselor, as well as completely silent.
  • Pamela's stalk is abnormally long in duration, allowing for jump scares.
  • Pamela has kills, that if she is hiding in a closet and a counselor walks past- she can perform an environmental jump scare kill.
  • Pamela's combat is the same or similar to counselors.
  • Pamela must first stun a counselor before being able to perform a grab kill.
  • Pamela's grab kills are low-impact: stabbings, throats cut, etc.
  • Pamela can run as fast as an average counselor but her stamina is significantly higher, walking does not have a stamina cost.
 
Traps
  • Pamela has no traps but is able to use the same bear traps as counselors.
 
Sabotage
  • As suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can sabotage escape options- she can remove the battery from the vehicle or propeller from the boat. Depending on balance, this option could be limited to once per vehicle and boat per match.
 
Maps
  • This mode uses only the small maps.
  • The escape options are limited to the boat, two seater and match time expiration.
  • No guns spawn.
  • Jason's shack doesn't spawn.
  • The two seater is Pamela's Jeep.
 
Pamela's Kill Conditions
  • Scenario #1: Suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can only be killed on the beach, with an axe or machete- the possibility of these conditions are heightened by the boat being a main escape option
  • Scenario #2: Pamela can only be killed by the final remaining counselor, after a struggle mini game is won. The mini game favours Pamela.
  • Scenario #3: Suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can only be killed by a new hero character: Alice
 
Pamela's Customization
  • Pamela's base appearance will be as she appeared in first film
  • Pamela will have an alternate skin, as zombie Pamela from Part 3

5_D2250_E7_BAAA_4320_8_DAE_1_E352_C2_FF0

As I said at the beginning of this post, these are a mixture of new and old ideas. Feel free to add or suggest what you think would improve on these ideas.
  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pamela needs grip strength, because she tossed Brenda through a window, pinned Bill to the door with arrows, and Steve was tied to a tree. 

Her weaknesses are:

-no shift

-no morph

-easily stunned

Strengths:

+can run, +stalk, +grip strength

Can only be killed by Alice Hardy, who can be called after fixing the camp radio

Bonus: she can control young Jason to stop canoe escape.

She can undo all repairs.

My original ideas (long version): 

Pamela Voorhees:

Strengths: +stalk, +grip strength, +can run

Weaknesses:-stun resistance, easily stunned by counselors, no morph, no shift

can only be killed by Alice Hardy and her machete/axe

Weapons: knife, axe, machete, bow and arrow (environmental kill only for now), environmental kills

Alice Hardy: Stats:10/10 (just like Tommy Jarvis)

Counselors: fix truck, find gas, battery, keys, remove stone from engine, start and escape!
-fix generator for entire camp power and radio
-find gas, startup crank, start generator  
-fix phone lines, find fuse, call cops   
-find canoe, push it into water, find oar/paddle (only 1 in the camp),escape!  
-fix radio with parts after restoring power and call Alice Hardy!
-Kill Pamela Voorhees! Alice must stun and kill Pamela using machete or axe on beach or area

Pamela Voorhees: stalk the camp and stop them from escaping!
sabotage generator,
remove battery, place stone in engine
(she can undo counselor repairs)
Control young Jason to stop canoe escapes!

This new game mode is called "Camp Crystal Lake 1979".

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bewareofbears

The only thing I don't like is having to kill her by the beach. All she would have to do to avoid being killed is stay away from the water... I understand why you added that, but it might just make it impossible to kill her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Truth said:

@bewareofbears

The only thing I don't like is having to kill her by the beach. All she would have to do to avoid being killed is stay away from the water... I understand why you added that, but it might just make it impossible to kill her.

That could be changed. I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Pamela is gonna be in the game it should be a single player mode or something completely different from the multiplayer now. 

None of Jason's abilities can apply to her. Regardless of how she killed people in the movie, she can't do anything "strong" in the game otherwise it would look silly. And seeing her, in general, running around trying to kill people would look sillier than Purple Jason. 

If she's gonna be an active killer in the game, it better be clever. Otherwise I'm fine with just her disembodied head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

If Pamela is gonna be in the game it should be a single player mode or something completely different from the multiplayer now. 

None of Jason's abilities can apply to her. Regardless of how she killed people in the movie, she can't do anything "strong" in the game otherwise it would look silly. And seeing her, in general, running around trying to kill people would look sillier than Purple Jason. 

If she's gonna be an active killer in the game, it better be clever. Otherwise I'm fine with just her disembodied head. 

That's why she doesn't have morph and shift. Also she had to be strong to string up Steve's body to the tree, lift and pin Bill to the door with arrows, and toss Brenda through a window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Bill and Steve she used levers and pulleys. 

For Brenda...you never threw someone out a window before? It doesn't take much strength. Especially with a female. Their muscle density is so low. 

5 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

I love the idea

Moe, you have over 1000 posts and you're still quoting the entirety of a giant message? Maybe you should be one of the killers.........cause you're killing me.....with your posting tactics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

For Bill and Steve she used levers and pulleys. 

For Brenda...you never threw someone out a window before? It doesn't take much strength. Especially with a female. Their muscle density is so low. 

Moe, you have over 1000 posts and you're still quoting the entirety of a giant message? Maybe you should be one of the killers.........cause you're killing me.....with your posting tactics. 

Lol maybe i should be a killer I'll kill you alll but no thanks I'm good not killing people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Moe, you have over 1000 posts and you're still quoting the entirety of a giant message? Maybe you should be one of the killers.........cause you're killing me.....with your posting tactics. 

Lol good one. Speaking of quoting long posts theres a rule now for deleting the block of text before posting your reply and i seen someone on another thread quote what seemed to be a whole page of comments in length took me like a minute to scroll through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Reyezblood 03 @Moe9999633 @pucho

Thanks. :)

15 hours ago, Truth said:

@bewareofbears

The only thing I don't like is having to kill her by the beach. All she would have to do to avoid being killed is stay away from the water... I understand why you added that, but it might just make it impossible to kill her.

I agree, it would be really difficult to make work. Option #2 is the one I'm leaning to but right now they're all just brainstorming ideas. I like @Redcat345's idea of adding Alice into the mix.

@WashingtonJones I disagree, but that's obvious as I just made a thread on how I feel she could be implimented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

That's why she doesn't have morph and shift. Also she had to be strong to string up Steve's body to the tree, lift and pin Bill to the door with arrows, and toss Brenda through a window.

Thats correct she is fucking strong in the movie 

Great ideas i will love to have mrs voorhees in the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She should also be able to slap the shit out of you! I was watching part 1 again last night and I forgot how much she slapped Alice.

I also think it would be cool if she could call in a dead counselor to come back as young Jason. I know that's a stretch, but it could work pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic ideas. I love 90% of these. My thoughts below.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:41 AM, bewareofbears said:

After a brief conversation with @Redcat345, I did some thinking on how I would like to see Mrs. Voorhees implimented as a playable killer. This is an idea for a 4 vs. 1 game featuring Pamela as the killer, built on suggestions from @Redcat345 and others in the past.

Pamela Voorhees
 
Strengths & Weaknesses: Option 1
Strengths
  • +Stalk
  • +Can Run (as fast as an average counselor)
  • +Weapon Strength
 
Weaknesses
  • -Can't Shift
  • -Destruction
  • -Grip Strength
 
This option allows Pamela to morph on par with an average Jason.

Adding to this, I think Pamela should be able to have an endless supply of Stalk. In the films, the way this 50+ year old human woman was able to get such a high kill count was with the element of surprise. Indeed, the only time she was defeated is when she revealed herself to the last survivor (Alice), and faced her one-on-one -- abandoning her "sneak-up" tactic. 

On 11/15/2017 at 3:41 AM, bewareofbears said:

Weapon

  • Knife
  • Alternatively, Pamela could use all edged weapons (axe, machete)
Combat
  • Pamela can crawl in and out of windows and hide in any hiding spot.
  • Pamela's speed crawling in and out of windows or hiding spots is faster than any counselor, as well as completely silent.
  • Pamela's stalk is abnormally long in duration, allowing for jump scares.
  • Pamela has kills, that if she is hiding in a closet and a counselor walks past- she can perform an environmental jump scare kill.
  • Pamela's combat is the same or similar to counselors.
  • Pamela must first stun a counselor before being able to perform a grab kill.
  • Pamela's grab kills are low-impact: stabbings, throats cut, etc.
  • Pamela can run as fast as an average counselor but her stamina is significantly higher, walking does not have a stamina cost.

I love all of these. Back to the endless Stalk idea: She should automatically be forced out of stalk when she's running, fighting, or enters Combat mode. That way, she can hide for an indefinite period of time (like the first film), and when she jumps out at an unsuspecting counselor, the horror music would blast in.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:41 AM, bewareofbears said:

Traps

  • Pamela has no traps but is able to use the same bear traps as counselors.

Love it. However, I would have her spawn in the shack as Jason does, and have a bear trap on the floor waiting for her -- as Jason has knives waiting for him. That way, she can immediately utilize one trap.

Sabotage
  • As suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can sabotage escape options- she can remove the battery from the vehicle or propeller from the boat. Depending on balance, this option could be limited to once per vehicle and boat per match.

Love this, too. But to keep things fair, she shouldn't be able to carry counselor objective items. Like, if she takes off the battery or the propeller, she needs to immediately drop it and not be able to manipulate it further. Otherwise, Pamela players will be able to take the battery or propeller and drop them in the lake.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:41 AM, bewareofbears said:

Pamela's Kill Conditions

  • Scenario #1: Suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can only be killed on the beach, with an axe or machete- the possibility of these conditions are heightened by the boat being a main escape option
  • Scenario #2: Pamela can only be killed by the final remaining counselor, after a struggle mini game is won. The mini game favours Pamela.
  • Scenario #3: Suggested by @Redcat345, Pamela can only be killed by a new hero character: Alice

This is the part I disagree with. If you make her only killable on the beach (a la the first film), then no one playing Pamela will EVER go on the beach. Too easy to avoid. Also, killing Jason is a four-part act: mask removal, sweater hypnotism, melee stun, and Jarvis kill. But these can be performed anywhere. Pamela likewise needs a complex way of execution -- but basing it on location or remaining number of survivors makes it far too exploitable. It stinks to have to hope all your fellow players DIE (or escape) in order to kill her. That's a lot of passive waiting, whereas the strategy for killing Jason involves active coordination. Pamela should be the same. However, I do like the idea that she is only killable by Alice. So long as she doesn't have to be the sole survivor.  

On 11/15/2017 at 3:41 AM, bewareofbears said:

Pamela's Customization

  • Pamela's base appearance will be as she appeared in first film
  • Pamela will have an alternate skin, as zombie Pamela from Part 3
 
As I said at the beginning of this post, these are a mixture of new and old ideas. Feel free to add or suggest what you think would improve on these ideas.

I love the idea of her running around wearing the light blue sweater and hearing Jason's echoed voice in her head and responding as she runs:

"Kill 'em, Mommy! Kill 'em!"

"I will, sweet boy. Mommy's taking care of everything."

Dude. That gives me chills just thinking about it!

Well thought-out and executed, good sir. I think with a little work, you'll have an excellent alternative game mode on your hands. Pamela MUST be added as a killer to this game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cokeyskunk and @Truth @bewareofbears,I love your ideas! Pamela can be killed only by Alice and Pamela can call in a dead player as young Jason to stop canoe escapes.

Also the Overlay of Evil music from part 1 will kick in as chase music when she breaks stalk and young Jason can have the jump scare music from the dream sequence when he tips the canoe to stop a player.

Let's brainstorm together and try to figure out her kill trigger and other ideas. 

BONUS: when you kill Pamela, the cutscene will cut to an enraged Jason's POV and show him watching Pamela die with him clenching his fist, like in the Simon Hawke part 2 novelization after the Alice kills Pamela sequence finishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

@Cokeyskunk and @Truth I love your ideas! Pamela can be killed only by Alice and Pamela can call in a dead player as young Jason to stop canoe escapes.

Also the Overlay of Evil music from part 1 will kick in as chase music when she breaks stalk and young Jason can have the jump scare music from the dream sequence when he tips the canoe to stop a player.

While the "calling young dead Jason" idea is cool, it really kinda kicks F13 canon (or what's left of it) to the curb.

Remember: In the first film, when Pamela died, she died believing Jason was long gone. Since the day he disappeared under the waters of Crystal Lake, she never again saw him, never communicated with him (except in her own schizoid mind), and never indicated she felt like he was truly still extant somewhere. The only place "young dead Jason" ever appeared was in the epilogue -- in Alice's dream while in the hospital, after she killed Pamela in their epic life-or-death struggle.

For her to "call young dead Jason," that really rather destroys her entire psychopathic motivation. She thinks her boy is dead and GONE, and has snapped as a result. Hence her murderous rampage. That means she knows Jason still exists in some form -- which she never indicated in the films. She merely spoke to the "Jason voice" she heard in her head, trying to bring back her long dead son.

Call me a canon nazi, but this franchise's story has been so royally screwed with over the years, I think it needs some patchwork -- rather than more holes in the storyline.

All that being said, I really can't think of a better way to stop people trying to escape on a canoe. Making her a super-fast swimmer is kinda dumb. But -- while it would probably be fun and creepy -- I don't really want to see a "Pamela/Young Dead Jason" partnership," either. It just spits in the face of the story.

*steps off soapbox*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2017 at 2:34 PM, Cokeyskunk said:

 

OK, I will scrap that idea. I agree with your views on canon. The canoe is rowable for only 1 person or 2 for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Truth said:

Touche @Cokeyskunk... 

Thank you. And I forgot to mention, I liked your Pamela "$#!& Slap" idea very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 4:41 AM, bewareofbears said:

 

if there's ever a pamela voorhees mode she should not be able to morph or shift keep sense and stalk give her something like trust and lurker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Truth said:

She should also be able to slap the shit out of you! I was watching part 1 again last night and I forgot how much she slapped Alice

That's true- if I remember, there was something in the Crystal Lake Memories documentary about Betsy Palmer slapping Adrienne King pretty good.

16 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Love this, too. But to keep things fair, she shouldn't be able to carry counselor objective items. Like, if she takes off the battery or the propeller, she needs to immediately drop it and not be able to manipulate it further. Otherwise, Pamela players will be able to take the battery or propeller and drop them in the lake.

That makes sense.

16 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

This is the part I disagree with. If you make her only killable on the beach (a la the first film), then no one playing Pamela will EVER go on the beach. Too easy to avoid. Also, killing Jason is a four-part act: mask removal, sweater hypnotism, melee stun, and Jarvis kill. But these can be performed anywhere. Pamela likewise needs a complex way of execution -- but basing it on location or remaining number of survivors makes it far too exploitable. It stinks to have to hope all your fellow players DIE (or escape) in order to kill her. That's a lot of passive waiting, whereas the strategy for killing Jason involves active coordination. Pamela should be the same. However, I do like the idea that she is only killable by Alice. So long as she doesn't have to be the sole survivor. 

I get what you're saying but I dislike the idea of four counselors ganging up to beat down Mrs. Voorhees. I think that can and will happen in regular gameplay but I would avoid having it as an objective.

I imagine a 4 vs. 1 mode being more fast paced so the complexity of her kill condition could be lessened, while still difficult. The option to kill Pamela should be a last resort for the final guy/gal in my eyes as opposed to how it is with Jason, where players literally go hunting Jason. Escape should be forced as the primary objective with killing Pamela as a rare event- much more rare than it has been with Jason.

When Pamela is killed, a brief cutscene could show the surviving counselor drifting in a canoe, followed by a young Jason jump scare.

11 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

While the "calling young dead Jason" idea is cool, it really kinda kicks F13 canon (or what's left of it) to the curb.

I remember liking the idea of Jason being Pamela's way of killing in water but my mind has changed and I agree. The cut scene idea above is how I'd incorporate young Jason.

6 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

if there's ever a pamela voorhees mode she should not be able to morph or shift keep sense and stalk give her something like trust and lurker 

No idea what 'trust' and 'lurker' are in relation to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

That's true- if I remember, there was something in the Crystal Lake Memories documentary about Betsy Palmer slapping Adrienne King pretty good.

That makes sense.

I get what you're saying but I dislike the idea of four counselors ganging up to beat down Mrs. Voorhees. I think that can and will happen in regular gameplay but I would avoid having it as an objective.

I imagine a 4 vs. 1 mode being more fast paced so the complexity of her kill condition could be lessened, while still difficult. The option to kill Pamela should be a last resort for the final guy/gal in my eyes as opposed to how it is with Jason, where players literally go hunting Jason. Escape should be forced as the primary objective with killing Pamela as a rare event- much more rare than it has been with Jason.

When Pamela is killed, a brief cutscene could show the surviving counselor drifting in a canoe, followed by a young Jason jump scare.

I remember liking the idea of Jason being Pamela's way of killing in water but my mind has changed and I agree. The cut scene idea above is how I'd incorporate young Jason.

No idea what 'trust' and 'lurker' are in relation to the game.

trust is an ability to disguise herself and lurker is the ability to hide in bushes without being seen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×