Sign in to follow this  
bewareofbears

When Does the New Community Manager Start?

Hey all, I'm doing my best to get up to speed right now, but I've been looking around the forums a bit. You will be seeing me around here more when I think it's less likely that I will say something that may not be correct, as that would be a disservice to you, Gun, and Illfonic.

• Like 5

On 11/14/2017 at 6:47 PM, bewareofbears said:

So, there's a new community manager from Gun. Anyone have any idea when he starts? Anyone want to ask him on Twitter?

Also wondering if the plan is to continue neglecting the forum?

The fact they need 3 people(one was doing it on his personal time for free btw) to do the job of one lazy and incompetent community manager is hilarious and sad.  They have had a community manager since launch as well and we have been ignored since then.  CM isn't that hard of a job honestly.  You get a lot of flak at times but as long as you keep engaging with the community and work with them, you will see they respond more constructively and are willing to understand faults more than ignoring them all of the time.   

Look at DbD!  Weekly live streamsa engaging with the community and talking about changes to the game and balance issues.  Actually talking with and actively engaging/listening/interacting with the community to make the game better.  Who would have thought working with the community could make your game better.  Instead we get excuses like, "I am pretending to be junior producer(which isn't an actual title in the gaming industry by the way, more of a participation title) and work is hard!" or "We are a small tiny company and this turned out to be bigger than we expected!" or my favorite which they dedicated a whole panel to which I call The Kickstarter Pity Party Panel excuse, "Kickstarter was hard to set up and use and it turned out to be bigger than we expected!"  That's all we get.  Lame excuses and dodged questions.  Not once has someone accepted ownership and apologized for ignoring the community and the state of the game.  

Most of the hardcore fan/player base has left.  The game is mostly being supported by casuals and when they get bored, fed up, or something else comes along, they will leave too.  I am not sure why Ben still has a job but when this game tanks in a few months because the player base has dropped so low, @wes , @Randygbk , and everyone else in the team can thank him for ignoring the community and spending most of his time on Reddit looking at watches and knives than doing his job.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey all, I'm doing my best to get up to speed right now, but I've been looking around the forums a bit. You will be seeing me around here more when I think it's less likely that I will say something that may not be correct, as that would be a disservice to you, Gun, and Illfonic.

You should should stop by the introductions section and introduce yourself as per forum rules. JK ;)

Welcome to camp, you will be bunking with Jpops, Ben, and Courier up at the main lodge. It has the best view of what is going on, on the campgrounds. It's a shame nobody ever decides to take in that view though, maybe you will be able to convince them to look out the window onto these glorious camp grounds. I see you already know to not go in the water before you learn to swim. Wise choice. We all know how that turned out for the last guy. 

Some general info for you. Jpops is the key master. He will be the one making sure the grounds are secure by locking any doors he deems hazardous. Courier works in the mail room.  He delivers letters to us from the camps structural engineers, keeping us apprised of any new attractions being added. Ben is the deputy head assistant to the head counselors third cousin twice removed(JK Ben). He is the muscle, he has a might hammer. If anyone gets out of line they must answer to him. He also guards the portal to the shadow realm. 

In all seriousness, glad to see you on forums and hope you stick around. There's a lot of good people and ideas on here. I look forward to having someone with a more active role here to talk to us about what's going on and listen to the community. Hope you catch up on all the needed info fast so you can join us around the campfire soon. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Ben is the deputy head assistant to the head counselors third cousin twice removed(JK Ben). He is the muscle, he has a might hammer. If anyone gets out of line they must answer to him. He also guards the portal to the shadow realm.

I thought Ben ran the shooting range and filled in at the gift shop with the humidor? I'm so confused....:huh:

• Like 2

On 11/14/2017 at 9:47 PM, bewareofbears said:

So, there's a new community manager from Gun. Anyone have any idea when he starts? Anyone want to ask him on Twitter?

Also wondering if the plan is to continue neglecting the forum?

There's a new community manager?

I'm surprised they'd even bother trying at this point.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I thought Ben ran the shooting range and filled in at the gift shop with the humidor? I'm so confused....:huh:

Common mistake, every Tuesday he does a TA-50 layout at the range. There he realises that he is missing most of his gear but has extra lbv's. This is followed by a weapons layout where he gets to show off his large and questionably functional weapons collection. From there he hangs out with the cigar store Indian at the gift shop where they reminisce on days gone by. The Indian is oddly silent so Ben does most of the talking. Then off to the Army surplus store for more lbv's. He finishes off the day with a quick stroll through the camp grounds making some minor repairs and chasing off vagrants and vandals with his trusty hammer, Mjölnir.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Common mistake, every Tuesday he does a TA-50 layout at the range. There he realises that he is missing most of his gear but has extra lbv's. This is follow by a weapons layout where he gets to show off his large and questionably functional weapons collection. From there he hangs out with the cigar store Indian at the gift shop where they reminisce on days gone by. The Indian is oddly silent so Ben does most of the talking. Then off to the Army surplus store for more lbv's. He finishes off the day with a quick stroll through the camp grounds making some minor repairs and chasing off vagrants and vandals with his trusty hammer, Mjölnir.

:lol:

I saw him using the hammer to post "Don't Feed the Bears" signs near all the dumpsters and picnic areas. It's good to see he keeps busy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Welcome, @ShiftySamurai! We look forward to your interactions on here. :D

Indeed welcome. We look forward to your interactions or lack thereof. :D Let's go with more of the former and less of the latter shall we?

• Like 1

A new community manager..

Hopefully we don't get too attached to this one,before he mysteriously disappears and a new one shows up.

Welcome! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

A new community manager..

Hopefully we don't get too attached to this one,before he mysteriously disappears and a new one shows up.

Welcome! 

not sure what you are referring to. Courier is the community manager for illfonic and Shifty is Guns community manager. What missing community manager are you speaking about?

11 minutes ago, JPops said:

not sure what you are referring to. Courier is the community manager for illfonic and Shifty is Guns community manager. What missing community manager are you speaking about?

It has felt like every so often someone introduced themselves only for someone new to do the same later.  Your distinction between the companies may help kill that feeling for a few people (if not everyone).  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

It has felt like every so often someone introduced themselves only for someone new to do the same later.  Your distinction between the companies may help kill that feeling for a few people (if not everyone).  

Yeah I'm not even counting Gertz. I could have sworn that someone was introduced on Twitter that never showed up.

But honestly,how many community managers does a single game need? Is it a normal practice to have someone represent the producers and the developers? Meanwhile everyone else has no clue as to what the others are saying.

Point being the "Jason Hasn't been nerfed,counselors have gotten better" thread,that no one from Illfonic or Gun will even touch. And none of this is new behavior. 

• Like 1

Just to help clarify some things; Yes, I am/was tasked with doing community work, but that's also with working as a producer at Gun Media. We've been through the launch of this game with what amounted to 4 total employees working on the game as Gun and around 30 or so with the IllFonic team. We were working on design, marketing, publishing, scheduling, outreach, promotion, and just about everything else you'd expect from a game with the interest that was generated by Friday the 13th. We've always been stretched thin and worked on a lot here to ensure this game reached out to as many players as possible. We've definitely wanted to do more, have more and engage more, but we want to do it as correctly as possible. Community management is a tough thing to do right, and we believe Dan is going to bring a lot to the table to expand upon that for Gun Media. 

Now that we've been able to find staff that fits our requirements, we're happy to have someone that is going to be fully dedicated to working on community outreach. Shifty has worked on multiple triple-A titles for community and has been doing this for longer than I've been working in gaming. We did a lot of work to find someone that would fit our requirement for what we were looking for in a community manager. 

All the while; Gertz is focused as the lead producer for F13 while working at IllFonic. Courier is their new CM and is focused on bringing together bugs, suggestions and other things critical to the game from a technical standpoint to the attention of the dev team. 

Keep in mind, it's his second day, today. We're integrating him into the team, introducing him to various platforms and he'll be showing up more and more as he becomes more familiar with the social channels on our forums, our sub-Reddit, our Discord and of course on Facebook and Twitter. He's working on a plan and we're also going to be talking about what the steps moving forward are going to be. 

I've read just about every thread here, and Wes and the team do pay attention to our various social platforms where people congregate. We see our back-end data and we know what people are asking for and what they like and do not like about the game. This month has been very, very dedicated to bug fixes and content for our roadmap and while we haven't posted as much as we'd like, the holidays are here, I was out with a health issue *do not herniate your spine...just sayin'* and of course we're ramping up our new CM's at both Gun and IllFonic. Things are starting to be a bit more proper here. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@GunMedia_Ben, Thank you for what you and your team have accomplished with the resources you have had. Thank you for bringing on someone who won't have to pull double (maybe triple?) duty to manage the community. I'm looking forward to whatever happens next.

maybe tell us exactly at what stage of bringing dedicated servers to consoles are you right now. and how much longer we have to wait for them.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:15 PM, bewareofbears said:

I was surprised to see the fan run Discord has a "live bug assistance" section. That's strange to me that Illfonic would offer bug assistance in the fan run Discord as opposed to an official channel.

Didn’t you here, this was official until discord, than it became kinda official!! And after all Ben just graced us with his presence. So @Ben Dedicated servers still for sure happening??

13 minutes ago, BigJVOOREES said:

Didn’t you here, this was official until discord, than it became kinda official!! And after all Ben just graced us with his presence. So @Ben Dedicated servers still for sure happening??

You have to tag him with his proper user name if you want to kick the hornets nest. @ben isn't going to do it. And directly tagging and insulting or being overly negative has resulted in bans/vacations,so tread lightly.

• Like 1

Sorry about your back@ben, but you claim you guys read every thread here, why can’t you say anything about dedicated servers than, or 100% completion bug on Xbox?? Just say it man!!! Or is that why you guys hired someone else to do your job? Sorry to be harsh but I have my reasons. 

35 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

You have to tag him with his proper user name if you want to kick the hornets nest. @ben isn't going to do it. And directly tagging and insulting has resulted in bans/vacations,so tread lightly.

Thanks buddy for the warning. But I’m not trying to kick any hornets nest. I’m just a backer with questions. Bans me, I know why? My post gets deleted,we all know why. I came off upset, gun always said we can be upset. I wasn’t an asshole. I asked a legitimate question.  All I asked was 2 simple questions. Dedicated servers still coming??? and 100% completion bug on Xbox answers? That’s all

We are working on dedicated servers at this time, however I do not have more news on where they are at.  NDAs come into play.  Dedicated servers are a very involved process, apologies...but I cannot give you more at this time.

As for the completion bug; we are aware of the issue and are looking into it, however the actual instances of it occurring are very low and pinpointing the issue is being done right now.  When I have more news, I'll let you guys know, but again...its a very, very uncommon issue that hasn't been shown in enough instances that finding reproduction of the instance is a challenge.  We are working on it internally.

Anywho.....thank you for the lovely description of physical harm intended for me in that other thread :/. Enjoy the vacation.... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Anywho.....thank you for the lovely description of physical harm intended for me in that other thread :/

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We are working on dedicated servers at this time, however I do not have more news on where they are at.  NDAs come into play.  Dedicated servers are a very involved process, apologies...but I cannot give you more at this time.

As for the completion bug; we are aware of the issue and are looking into it, however the actual instances of it occurring are very low and pinpointing the issue is being done right now.  When I have more news, I'll let you guys know, but again...its a very, very uncommon issue that hasn't been shown in enough instances that finding reproduction of the instance is a challenge.  We are working on it internally.

Anywho.....thank you for the lovely description of physical harm intended for me in that other thread :/. Enjoy the vacation.... 

In all seriousness, thank you for letting us know that NDA's prevent you from giving more information on dedicated servers.  It really makes a difference knowing there's a bona fide reason for the lack of info when trying to be patient.