Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bewareofbears

When Does the New Community Manager Start?

22 posts in this topic

So, there's a new community manager from Gun. Anyone have any idea when he starts? Anyone want to ask him on Twitter?

Also wondering if the plan is to continue neglecting the forum?

2 people like this

I was surprised to see the fan run Discord has a "live bug assistance" section. That's strange to me that Illfonic would offer bug assistance in the fan run Discord as opposed to an official channel.

2 people like this

man, i love this game, but this shit is getting hard to ignore. it's almost like they're defying people to like it. 

the middle finger they continue to give to their own forum is staggering. if they hate it that much, why don't they just shut it down? 

7 people like this

1 minute ago, matisangry said:

man, i love this game, but this shit is getting hard to ignore. it's almost like they're defying people to like it. 

the middle finger they continue to give to their own forum is staggering. if they hate it that much, why don't they just shut it down? 

I agree. They don't seem to like this place or the folks here so why not just shut it down.

10 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I agree. They don't seem to like this place or the folks here so why not just shut it down.

seriously... they can't even be bothered to set aside 15 minutes a day to interact with the people that'll make or break the longevity of their game?!? in the forums they created?!? and then they do stuff like announce a new community manager or whatever..  and... much to no one's surprise... that person doesn't really spend any time here either.

at best, they come off as being very disorganized. at worst, they seem disinterested and, frankly, full of shit. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

So, there's a new community manager from Gun. Anyone have any idea when he starts? Anyone want to ask him on Twitter?

Also wondering if the plan is to continue neglecting the forum?

"Soon™"

Looks like he's relocating to Kentucky. Might be a bit before we see much from him as I imagine he'll need to settle in.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Blackbird68 said:

Oh man he's wearing a flat billed hat you know this game is done after this

We've already bought some crowbars to prise it off his head, don't worry.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, matisangry said:

if they hate it that much, why don't they just shut it down? 

Don't give them Ideas...I like the forums, its the only place I can come to vent since I hate social media.

6 people like this

10 hours ago, matisangry said:

Can't argue with this post. This last Jason-nerfing update has caused the community to blow up like never before and seems (almost) universally hated. They immediately addressed the change in breaking windows in a previous update when people were annoyed but so far they haven't said shit about this? Wow.

Love your 3D avatar, BTW.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Can't argue with this post. This last Jason-nerfing update has caused the community to blow up like never before and seems (almost) universally hated. They immediately addressed the change in breaking windows in a previous update when people were annoyed but so far they haven't said shit about this? Wow.

Love your 3D avatar, BTW.

their communication has always been less than stellar but this time around, it's been almost nonexistent. it's hard not to wonder what's going on... because to me, it's starting to seem like they don't give a shit anymore. 

31 minutes ago, matisangry said:

their communication has always been less than stellar but this time around, it's been almost nonexistent. it's hard not to wonder what's going on... because to me, it's starting to seem like they don't give a shit anymore. 

I was starting to feel hope EVEN with the last patch (because despite the Jason nerfed it seemed like they were really trying) but now I'm not so sure. A part of me thinks the silence is because the next update will be massive though. Hopefully that is the case.

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, matisangry said:

This is why I think more and more that they are abandoning this game. I don't necessarily think the delays are money or getting stuff through Sony and Microsoft, I'm really wondering if they are just going to say fuck it because the game is dying quicker than they anticipated.

20 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

This is why I think more and more that they are abandoning this game. I don't necessarily think the delays are money or getting stuff through Sony and Microsoft, I'm really wondering if they are just going to say fuck it because the game is dying quicker than they anticipated.

they're either working on a massive update or they've thrown in the towel. anything in between that and there's really no excuse for the lack of communication. 

People may read this wrong or not understand what I mean by focusing on the wrong part, but, despite what anyone thought of it at launch and now with its most recent updates, I hope the devs pull a No Man's Sky in terms of support.  That game got SO MUCH HATE and the devs went silent for a while (similar to this situation).  In that time, a lot of people stopped playing or just outright bashed it...  But something awesome happened a few months after release.  That game got an INSANE amount of support in the form of updates, fixes, and additional content (such as new game modes and increased difficulty), as well as PS4 Pro support (which drastically improved the game visually AND pushed it up to a constant, steady 60fps from the base 30fps).  All I want now (aside from my actual backed copy to be delivered) is for the dev silence to come to an end shortly and a FLOOD of fixes and improvements to hit us.  For me, THAT would bring me back around to absolutely LOVING this game and have it as my #1 "go to" game once again.

3 people like this

Hope the new guy restores the forum to the traditional F13 Black and Red as it was...White and Blue is a strange combination...the "Like" system on here has been broken for weeks as well. 

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Hope the new guy restores the forum to the traditional F13 Black and Red as it was...White and Blue is a strange combination...the "Like" system on here has been broken for weeks as well. 

Sorry that's not gonna happen. The new format is due to Invision upgrading their format. I believe the old style was not supported any longer. 

3 minutes ago, JPops said:

Sorry that's not gonna happen. The new format is due to Invision upgrading their format. I believe the old style was not supported any longer. 

As in for the colour palette or like system?

Forums use templates. The template that was being used probably was incompatible with the new format. If you recall a lot of new features were introduced in the change between then and now.