ZooMalfunction

We're done with the game

177 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Easy to tell how fake it is as well. I'm sure the original clip is longer but Chad's fear level never changes that entire gif so he is most likely bugged. Good way to make the pro stretch armstrong group look silly tbh.

Sure, on another note when will the game become playable? 5 connection to host lost today in about 8 matches total. Pings seem to be more and more shit each day. 

2 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

They need to fix Jason's grab. The latest nerf to it is a joke. I'm a veteran level 101 player, and I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Jason's hand go through counselors that are right beside him like they were ghosts. Double trapping needs to return, too.

There's still double trapping now, in a sense, even though you can't stack them, and it's potentially deadly if Jason knows how to set it up. I've done it a bunch of times now...

Set the traps up one in front of the other, like a line from the objective. If the counselor eats the trap closer to the objective, they'll pull themselves out into the second trap and die. Even if they disarm the trap closest to the objective, there's a chance they clip the second one during or after the repair.

I've gotten way more trap kills post patch than I did before. So I really don't see why stacking needs to come back...If you're using a pocket knife on a trap only to find another one directly below it, you're defeating the entire purpose of that mechanic, and therefore breaking it.

The current trap setup is balanced and frankly, proper.

9 people like this

9 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

Sure, on another note when will the game become playable? 5 connection to host lost today in about 8 matches total. Pings seem to be more and more shit each day. 

Dunno its always been playable on PC tho.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

There's still double trapping now, in a sense, even though you can't stack them, and it's potentially deadly if Jason knows how to set it up. I've done it a bunch of times now...

Set the traps up one in front of the other, like a line from the objective. If the counselor eats the trap closer to the objective, they'll pull themselves out into the second trap and die. Even if they disarm the trap closest to the objective, there's a chance they clip the second one during or after the repair.

I've gotten way more trap kills post patch than I did before. So I really don't see why stacking needs to come back...If using a pocket knife on a trap only to find another one directly below it, you're defeating the entire purpose of that mechanic, and therefore breaking it.

The current trap setup is balanced and frankly, proper.

You aren't incorrect.  And it fucks over the other counselors even more now as you die standing up, sometimes blocking the objective.  

11 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Dunno its always been playable on PC tho.

Let me guess, because PC has dedicated servers. Yea us console players don’t have those. 

Just now, MyNameisJason said:

Let me guess, because PC has dedicated servers. Yea us console players don’t have those. 

Yeah, only time matches drop on PC is when Jason quits.

1 hour ago, BoxingRouge said:

And people have the audacity to say “you will get used to the new grab over time.”

Coming from a Jason that can still go 7/7 or 8/8, I still haven't gotten used to the grab. It usually takes me 2 or 3 good swipes if they haven't jumped through a window already.

I'm hanging up my machete momentarily. The grabs ridiculous, Jason is a walking pinata, the costumes are an eye sore, and the atmosphere is completely gone. It's a shame. The atmosphere was the one thing they actually got right.

Gun/Illfonic need to step in before they kill their community more than they already have.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, BoxingRouge said:

And people have the audacity to say “you will get used to the new grab over time.”

I usually play with a good friend who had no internet connection for a few weeks after changing providers which is why I hadn't played since the last patch up until last saturday. I actually fell victim to quite a few grabs where it looked on my screen like I was a couple of feet away from Big J. However, when it was my turn as Jason, I tried grabbing a Tiffany right in front of me - on my screen anyway - almost walking through her. I assumed some people HAD gotten used to the grab.

I don't think the grab was that awful before anyway, but since my hiatus I have seen Jason's doing a good job with the grabs and people failing to dodge even with space in between. It was mostly QP though, so maybe those were competent players in disfunctional lobbies. 

2 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

Yeah it shocking too because almost no console games have them. I know you are getting them in the future but small games like this should get a few dedicated servers from MS or Sony since you pay them money to use your own internet.

2 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

They need to fix Jason's grab. The latest nerf to it is a joke. I'm a veteran level 101 player, and I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Jason's hand go through counselors that are right beside him like they were ghosts. Double trapping needs to return, too.

Honestly there was no point to nerf Jason at all. He's SUPPOSED to be op that's the whole point

2 people like this

Being honest, even if the game did function as intended, I would eventually get burned out on it anyway.  Not enough variety.  The continuous crap just sped up the process and makes one feel like "what am I doing here?" no matter how big of a fan of the movies you are.  You can't watch the movies all the time without getting bored with them either.

13:00 - 15:50. My eyes tear up every time I watch the trailer. Crazy Lixx's song and the vulgarity of the kills set the mood, but the crowd reaction tops it all off. With Friday the 13th, actions speak louder than any written dialogue ever could. The pace of the movie seeks to evoke an emotional response from the viewer, which is then amplified when others are around. Friday the 13th is inherently a social-driven concept. Sessler brings up a good point at the 54:43 mark when he talks about the social aspect of the films. There is something terribly wrong fundamentally when the game based off of the Friday the 13th franchise is actively driving people away because of the underlying mechanics being tampered with.

Imagine a Friday the 13th without Jason Voorhees as a force to be reckoned with. I don't want that to be true. You don't want that, Kane Hodder doesn't want that, Sean S. Cunningham doesn't want that, Tom Savini doesn't want that, Thom Mathews doesn't want that and neither does Harry Manfredini. All of these people have played a role in developing the Friday the 13th franchise into the horror colossal that it is today (as well as helping with the game), and yet here we are.

I like to be optimistic sometimes.

I'm not quite sure I understand what the post is even about... You're mad and quitting the game because you didn't die as counselors playing in a group of 5 and got depressed listening to a whining Jason player? If the guy hates playing as Jason he should of just disconnected from the lobby in all honesty instead of crying about it... who does that?

Makes no sense...

Jason's go to move is the shift + grab... If a Jason player doesn't learn to use this to his / her fullest extent, that's on them... You can't just run down counselors unless you're playing as Part 2 or Part 3.

I didn't see anything wrong with this latest patch honestly... The first game I had after the newest patch was as Jason and even since the beta I've never let more than 2 counselors escape... I usually 7 / 8 or 8 / 8 a group as Jason... and it's not like I can practice with him either, I found him incredibly easy to use at all times, including after the recent patch.

In fact I found playing as Jason, after the recent patch, to be more rewarding due to the new disconnect XP bonus. I'd usually kill everyone and end up with roughly 1200 to 1300 XP on average. Now that the patch is in place, my first game back as Jason I earned 1700 for killing everyone, also had 6 out of 8 players D/C because I shift grabbed every one on my first shot (because I usually combo stalk, sense and shift at the same time before going in for the kill)

I just don't see the issue here... I mean I do, but not for the same reasons you have... I quit playing months ago because I have no one to play the game with. I also find it boring and repetitive, not thrilling or engaging and kind of frustrating at times when playing as a counselor just due to the heavy RNG of the game. Sometimes I'll play as A.J. and get caught in the first 5 minutes of the game, other times I'll run Bugsy or Vanessa and make it out... doesn't make much sense to me in how that all works but it's annoying to say the least.

The game needs more modes and more objectives during the match... as a level 79 (who could of easily been 101 by this point) I just don't see the appeal any more... and these guys are so slow on their updates / adding features that should of been in the game day 1 (like single player) ... I dunno, it's just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Plus the community is toxic as hell and over run by underage kids and gangs of fuckboi's all chirping you when you pick on their butt buddy... it's ridiculous nonsense. The worst are the groups of loser trolls who just horde items and carry them around the entire game stalling the match for everyone and getting everyone (including themselves) killed... it's just a shit experience.

I was honestly happier when people could teleport through walls and get on roof tops... the game was actually better with game breaking bugs than it is now. Also taking out team killing was a mistake, now when dumb players don't know what to do with items, you can no longer punish them for being stubborn and not listening. The game just isn't fun any more... it's not a playground, it's not about doing what you have to do to survive (which means screwing over other players) it's just some boring drawer opening simulator... "I hope I find the car keys first".

1 person likes this

@AldermachXI You mentioned your trap strategy previously and I've been using it since. Caught/killed a few like that, died a few times by others doing the same. It works.

Firstly, I just have one question for you guys. Don't take this the wrong way, it's just out of curiosity. 

Those of you who are truly over the game, what motivates you to stick around here posting about it? If you are truly over it, and don't have any confidence that the devs will take your feedback into consideration, and that things won't improve, why bother? Personally, if I was at that stage I know I would just uninstall the game, and put that time towards something else. So I'm curious.

Other -

I get the impression that some of these recent changes I've seen are almost as if the devs are balancing the game for the way it was played 5 months ago. Making changes to things that everyone was complaining about during digital release period, but had since learned to deal with after all this timePerhaps this was to accomodate for the influx of new players from physical release, but surely there were better ways to do that than dump many changes at once on players, some of who would have difficulty adapting. So if I had to say anything to Gun/Illfonic it would be this - one step at a time please. It will only frustrate the playerbase otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Firstly, I just have one question for you guys. Don't take this the wrong way, it's just out of curiosity. 

Those of you who are truly over the game, what motivates you to stick around here posting about it? If you are truly over it, and don't have any confidence that the devs will take your feedback into consideration, and that things won't improve, why bother? Personally, if I was at that stage I know I would just uninstall the game, and put that time towards something else. So I'm curious.

I'm taking a self appointed 'vacation' from the game in the hope another patch will revert the mess they brought upon themselves with the last patch. Single player is also keeping me here. 

I was escaping with ease in every match, the survival horror aspect had been diminished. 

The complete lack of communication on this patch and other recent issues has been troubling. It's easily the most unsettled I've ever seen the community since Fall 2015 and that reaction is a direct result of their recent actions.

Gun can talk about "toxicity" but they're the ones tipping toxic waste into the river and contaminating the player base. 

People are just reacting to that. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

The complete lack of communication on this patch and other recent issues has been troubling. It's easily the most unsettled I've ever seen the community since Fall 2015 and that reaction is a direct result of their recent actions.

I would say this may be the most unsettled I've ever seen the community. I think it would be hard for Gun/Illfonic not to notice that. I predict some changes are coming to compensate for all that, I just hope they're the right ones. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@bewareofbears Mind answering seriously?

I think @Splatterhouse sums it up pretty well. Everyone's holding out hope some portion of the game will be what they wanted or were hoping for.

There's no other Friday the 13th games coming- this is it. If we let them drive it into the ground then we're doing a disservice to ourselves and the Friday the 13th fanbase. It's been 20+ since the last Friday the 13th game. Gun and Illphonic have to be held accountable and that's our job (particularly as backers, who invested in them).

44 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I think my stance is extremely similar to what @bewareofbears and @Splatterhouse posted here.

Although, I'm not entirely sure how, when and where to give feedback and suggestions without sounding immature. Looking back at the stuff I posted on all the forums and sites I frequent, I actually looked immature and childish a lot of times.

3 minutes ago, PaintedSadMask said:

I think my stance is extremely similar to what @bewareofbears and @Splatterhouse posted here.

Although, I'm not entirely sure how, when and where to give feedback and suggestions without sounding immature. Looking back at the stuff I posted on all the forums and sites I frequent, I actually looked immature and childish a lot of times.

It seems pretty pointless posting any suggestions in the suggestions forum.

I think the best way is to consistently  gang-tweet Wes on Twitter.

I think this got their attention on ideas like Purple Jason and silly costumes. 

Discord is another place where they listen/communicate as any criticism of the game or their actions is filtered out. 

I think people forget that the original kickstarter was basically a massive failure and even with the backerkit only reached about a fifth of the total they were asking for. We already know illfonic didn't put much faith in the game by working on another project during it which turned out to be a dud. The game launched barebones and now that it was a moderate success they are scrambling trying to make DLC for it and the roadmap is honestly stuff we should have had by now. The content droughts are absolutely devastating the playerbase. The Jason and Counselor skins take much too long to come out while the maps are basically indistinguishable from one another. The exclusive DLC don't help either. Savini with his absolutely crazy loadout and the backer clothing color kit. Now the physical edition has bloody skins for Jason that for some reason have to be changed for digital users and we have exclusive clothing color kit that won't be coming to digital at all. So even though the devs are killing the game you can't blame them for not staking everything on it when there didn't seem to be much interest for it.

12 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

It seems pretty pointless posting any suggestions in the suggestions forum.

I think the best way is to consistently  gang-tweet Wes on Twitter.

I think this got their attention on ideas like Purple Jason and silly costumes. 

Discord is another place where they listen/communicate as any criticism of the game or their actions is filtered out. 

I actually check the game's official Discord every now and then. Although, I live in Asia and most of the devs there seem to be idle or offline during the times of day I can post there.

I might try the Twitter method someday. I have to make sure that I don't look or sound annoying if I do.

2 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

Being honest, even if the game did function as intended, I would eventually get burned out on it anyway.  Not enough variety.  The continuous crap just sped up the process and makes one feel like "what am I doing loophere?" no matter how big of a fan of the movies you are.  You can't watch the movies all the time without getting bored with them either.

Exactly. You can't expect to feel the same way as the first few times you started playing. I think a lot of people start saying the games not got the same atmosphere etc cause they've exhausted themselves out playing it. 

The biggest killer for me is no dedicated servers at this moment.