ZooMalfunction

We're done with the game

177 posts in this topic

Just had a series of disappointing matches again tonight, and despite playing almost daily since release, my entire playgroup tonight (all 5 of us) decided together that we'd had enough, and are done unless the game gets a drastic rebalance, and recaptures its original spirit.

One of the things that tipped us over the edge was listening to a series of talking Jasons during matches who sounded genuinely depressed at playing him, and as counselors, we had to actually offer constant encouragement to Jason-fucking-Voorhees in the middle of playing to prevent them from quitting. I even let one kill me (pretending I was trying to escape), as I felt so bad for him, and just wanted to boost his confidence.

This is absolutely absurd that this is the case, and was the final nail in the coffin for us. The developers have shot themselves in the foot so badly that they've taken their entire leg off. We've totally exhausted our good will for the game, and thus also our patience with the constant glitches too.

It's been months and months since release, and frankly, it's an insult that the developers have so little respect for their audience and their product that this shit remains unfixed (and actually keeps getting worse) and we're just expected to live with it. As if it's just the way of the world and sloppy work is the norm.

Well, no more. I refuse to be indoctrinated into seeing negligent and incompetent management of a product I paid good money for as reasonable behaviour. I also refuse to let you hide behind your bullshit "Aw, shucks! We're just a small indie studio!" excuses anymore. Your attitude to your customers sucks, and you've needlessly ruined a product that used to be great, turning it into a parody of what the Kickstarter promised. 

You only got away with it for so long due to people's affection and nostalgia for the franchise, and their desire to go the extra mile in patience to see such a project succeed. But now you've abused that patience, and started to make a mockery out of the films - we're out. All of us. 

Of course I understand many people will see this and just think "Bye Felicia", and of course that's fine - I'm not fishing for sympathy - but I thought it was important to make a topic where people feeling the same way can express that.

24 people like this

I'd go for a weapon buff if anything.  The old grab does not need to return.

(Part 3) Hit a counselor with a knife then shift+slash them. Its better than grabbing.

I wouldn't give up altogether. I quit playing after the last double xp weekend. I wasn't having fun playing as counselor or Jason. I didn't want to keep playing and just get more frustrated. 

I plan on coming back as soon as a new patch drops. Hopefully it will begin the process of getting things back on course. You know...being fun!

2 people like this

@ZooMalfunction

I've had spells like this. The only thing keeping me playing is the group I've been playing with. That said- even playing with a good group, playing as Jason isn't particularly fun right now. The changes to him over the last bit have been drastic and I haven't been able to adjust. I also find there's no fear of Jason anymore. 

4 people like this

Me and my group are starting to ware off on this game too unless they get their act together and release a good Patch, this game is going downhill fast.

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@ZooMalfunction

I've had spells like this. The only thing keeping me playing is the group I've been playing with. That said- even playing with a good group, playing as Jason isn't particularly fun right now. The changes to him over the last bit have been drastic and I haven't been able to adjust. I also find there's no fear of Jason anymore. 

I'm actually in the same boat. Were it not for some good people I play with, I'd be giving it a break too. It's not so much the balance issues for me just the bugs and stability problems mainly. Although I admit certain changes have made it more difficult as Jason against the people I play with, so I can imagine it being a bit too much work for some players. It can be pretty hard to control the map now if you're not playing as efficiently as possible. Every Jason now has to step up their game against any coordinated team.

The counselor experience is also of limited enjoyment with randoms who don't communicate or work together. It can get very tedious. The game still needs a lot of work in order to push everyone towards teamwork for exciting matches. Most of all though I see new players having constant problems with the game. As counselor they go through empty drawers for the first few minutes then they get killed. As Jason they just tunnel the first person they see and let the cops get called, and they finish with maybe 1 kill. New players desperately need more guidance and a proper knowledge base beyond the very basic in-game manual, if they are to stick with the game. We need our newbies to stay and become good players.

Did these Jason players happen to have bloody skins by chance?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Theiceman105 said:

(Part 3) Hit a counselor with a knife then shift+slash them. Its better than grabbing.

It definitely needs an adjustment. Counselors can get way too close to Jason and not get grabbed. Shouldn't be that way.

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

We need our newbies to stay and become good players.

One thing we commented on tonight was how new players are steadily getting worse, because the game no longer makes any demands of them.

There's no skill curve as a counselor anymore. The police and car are easily sorted most games, and all they do is hide in a closet or wander around aimlessly until someone else gifts them a win. They don't learn advanced mechanics because they don't need to.

Jason is under so much pressure right from the start that he usually just ignores people not battling the objective, so they're almost never on his radar or cross his path other than by accident, and just safely wander off to the police when they come.

6 people like this

They need to fix Jason's grab. The latest nerf to it is a joke. I'm a veteran level 101 player, and I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Jason's hand go through counselors that are right beside him like they were ghosts. Double trapping needs to return, too.

4 people like this

I feel ya @ZooMalfunction.  I tried some quick plays today after not playing this game for several days and it was just....meh. Same ole shit, different lobby.  I didn't believe it when some bigger streamers were saying this game is dying quickly but now I do.  I left one lobby because three players joined simultaneously (obviously using party chat) and tried joining another lobby.  It threw me back into that same lobby after about a minute of searching.  Then, I left another lobby shortly after due to a toxic environment only to be put back into that same lobby.   Seems the player pool is very shallow these days. 

I haven't booted up the game for days. I'm awaiting the next patch to see if it's worth coming back to.

Playing as counselors has become such a boring and repetitive snooze fest. Juke, run around tables, window hop, and dance-taunt emote 90% of the time when playing the game can only be done so many instances until you start to get bored and other games draw in your interest.

Jason is lackluster and not intimidating in his own game. He's too clunky, slow, and easy to abuse in groups. One single counselor can also stall for over 4+ minutes if you know what you're doing and how to exploit the game system and Jason's downsides. The fear mechanic is a joke, so is the window system, Jason's melee combat hit detection, the usefulness of his traps, and the overall "horror survival" aspect of the game when there's med sprays everywhere and abuseable perks like Hypochondriac and Medic on top of that.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

We don't need the old grab back, but this grab also need to be fixed

giphy.gif

10 people like this

I love Friday the 13th, I love this game and I have tried my best to defend this game but right now I can't! I know being a game developer is not easy but I am getting absolutely fucking tired of just getting " soon " every time a trailer comes out. Me and my buddies would play nothing but this game! But now when ever I feel like playing my buddies don't want to because of what this game has become. I'm actually scared of what this game is gonna turn into if they keep going down this path. I sometimes wish this game could go back to the beginning, when it was glitchy, when team killing was a thing, when Jason was scary, when being a counselor was difficult. But I guess that's the past. I backed 200$ and then some, not for dance emotes, not for Halloween costumes, I backed 200$ because I love the Friday the 13th franchise! It was my childhood! I feel like they don't remember why they got this far. It's because of us. Without us this game would be NOTHING! 

2 people like this

Quick play is having some serious issues with lag for all players.

999ms in most games for me tonight. Jason players keep lagging out.

I have new clips for a video. I hope we get dedicated servers soon.

A new patch would be nice by the end of the month too.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

giphy.gif

You can tell who prefers playing as counselors by the people who say "It's fine". :lol:

That's ridiculous. Thanks for sharing the gif.

6 people like this

I've been thinking about taking a break too but mostly because I've burnt myself out. I went a little too in on this game. I need some time for the well to replenish. 

I don't think the patch hurt me much as Jason. I've had my best and most fun rounds since, and the bad ones were just as bad as before.

25 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

giphy.gif

And people have the audacity to say “you will get used to the new grab over time.”

6 people like this

8 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Quick play is having some serious issues with lag for all players.

999ms in most games for me tonight. Jason players keep lagging out.

I have new clips for a video. I hope we get dedicated servers soon.

A new patch would be nice by the end of the month too.

That is the reason I've left the game. They should have launched with dedicated servers for consoles. Sick of the poor frame rate and lag since day 1.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

giphy.gif

That's kind of funny because the grab indicator is even glowing.  Smh.  No wonder why no one wants to play as Jason now.  

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You can tell who prefers playing as counselors by the people who say "It's fine". :lol:

That's ridiculous. Thanks for sharing the gif.

Shit happens all the time. It actually hurts me each time I see the grab miss. I keep telling myself to take a hiatus from this game but I keep coming back. Not sure how long that will last though. 

1 person likes this

Havent played for over a week. Used to play every day since launch. Gun/illfonic most retarded people in the gaming world. Until you start listening to the players, patch the fucking game, and  actually having some worthwhile DLC's, you can take this game and shove it where the sun dont shine. 

2 people like this

I've been playing less and less.  I figure the new game mode coming out soon will be a breath of fresh air.

The game does get repetitive for me.  If you don't have a good group of people, it's not that fun.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

That's kind of funny because the grab indicator is even glowing.  Smh.  No wonder why no one wants to play as Jason now.  

Easy to tell how fake it is as well. I'm sure the original clip is longer but Chad's fear level never changes that entire gif so he is most likely bugged. Good way to make the pro stretch armstrong group look silly tbh.

Being a counselor got easier thanks to objective items showing up on their map. One person finding an objective item and dropping it lets someone else go grab it and fix an objective while Jason is chasing someone and putting up with questionable hit detection.

Being Jason is hard and puts a lot of pressure on non-expert players. Of course, getting 8/8 as Jason shouldn't be very easy and his grab and slash shouldn't work on people his hands and weapon aren't reaching but hit detection really needs to be fixed and there needs to be a new change that allows him to keep up with the counselors who now see dropped objective items on their maps. He also needs a change that lets him effectively (but not effortlessly) deal with counselors who stick together to gang up on him since most counselor players know they should just run when Jason uses combat stance to block their attacks.