Hello all.

I am aware that mods to the game will not be implemented, however, sometimes the chase music gets old...I would love to have the option to put in my own custom music for when Jason is around, or maybe when Jason is killing me, or even when things are calm.

If the developers could find a way, this could be done by going into the Game Folder on PC and pasting the desired music into a music folder...much like you can do in Skyrim. 

The music is great, don't get me wrong. But the ability to switch it up would be awesome, no?

One of my favourite video games, Haunting Ground, implements simple, yet EFFECTIVE music when you are being chased by one of the stalkers. It's repetitive, panic-inducing, and gets more intense as time goes on. Here is an example.

As you notice, the music gets more intense as time goes on. In Haunting Ground, if the stalker gets closer to the player character, the music naturally gets more intense.  I realize that this detail may be too complicated to modify into the game... however, having the option to customize chase music would be fantastic.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

On 11/14/2017 at 2:04 PM, jonny-myers said:

Hello all.

I am aware that mods to the game will not be implemented, however, sometimes the chase music gets old...I would love to have the option to put in my own custom music for when Jason is around, or maybe when Jason is killing me, or even when things are calm.

If the developers could find a way, this could be done by going into the Game Folder on PC and pasting the desired music into a music folder...much like you can do in Skyrim. 

The music is great, don't get me wrong. But the ability to switch it up would be awesome, no?

One of my favourite video games, Haunting Ground, implements simple, yet EFFECTIVE music when you are being chased by one of the stalkers. It's repetitive, panic-inducing, and gets more intense as time goes on. Here is an example.

As you notice, the music gets more intense as time goes on. In Haunting Ground, if the stalker gets closer to the player character, the music naturally gets more intense.  I realize that this detail may be too complicated to modify into the game... however, having the option to customize chase music would be fantastic.

Thoughts?

Cool.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:55 PM, Reyezblood 03 said:

Cool.

I'm glad you think so! It shouldn't be too hard to do...we'd just need some official help from the devs.

Won’t happen as this is a licensed product and taking away the trademark F13 music would not be good for the game.

Plus, you’d have trolls playing all sorts of ridiculous sound clips and music.

This would be fine for other games, just not F13.

On 11/14/2017 at 4:04 PM, jonny-myers said:

I realize that this detail may be too complicated to modify into the game... however, having the option to customize chase music would be fantastic.

Thoughts?

If this was added, I would never play multiplayer again.

The thing is it wouldn't be implemented for everyone who was in play - just your own personal game.

One person can listen to the original music,

another person can listen to Death Metal,

and another person could listen to Seinfeld.

I'm not suggesting a mod for the game, just a way to change up your own personal music in your data file of the game on your PC.

Since they've now turned it in to a cheesefest of goofy costumes and even goofier dancing I think this would fit the game's atmosphere like a glove as chase music...

5 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Oh. Well that would be nice

Yeah, exactly. This isn't a mod. It's just a way for the devs to give us some flexibility with our experience, and it only affects your copy of the game.

The music is licensed to mimic the movie franchise (and atmosphere of the Friday 13th). So I have to respectfully disagree with you here.

Wait a second. Did you read what she said? 

Your music, that you select, will only be heard by you. And only through the radios. 

What do you care about what someone else is listening to if you can't hear it?

I really don't give a shit cause I have copyrighted music muted anyway. I like the static better. Its creepier.

13 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I don't get why The Man Behind the Mask isn't playable on the radio or in the car. It totally should be

Licensing.

$$$$$$$$.