36 posts in this topic

Please make it harder to call the cops it's so frustrating as a Jason player to have a game where you just leave your cabin and the cops are on their way many games are like this and many people who play Jason simply quit. I also feel that their should be time added to the cops arrival to at least 9mins. There needs to be a 3rd step to the phone being fixed other then fuse install call cops. All the counselors can leave when cops are called that's more dangerous to Jason then even the car's or boat and it's to simple to just boom get fuse same house phone box call cops game over no fair. I feel also that the fuse always being in the same house or the house next to phone box is crazy unfair.  

Please do the following to cop phone

1.) Police arrival time 9mins

2.) Have fuse usually half or on other side of map most all games no same house or next door to phone box.

3.) Add a third step such as the phone needs a the phone line as well so you have to find the fuse fix the phone box and install the phone line to the phone in the house once you find the phone line. ( phone line such as line from phone to jack phone line also needs found as well.

4.) Undo the Jason nerfs esp with traps.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Trap the phone.

Phone traps do bearly anything now that you can only place one, unlike the 2 you can place at the cars. All it takes is one pocketknife and you're none the wiser. 

Imo it would be better if you could trap the actual phone inside the cabin. 

25 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

Phone traps do bearly anything now that you can only place one, unlike the 2 you can place at the cars. All it takes is one pocketknife and you're none the wiser. 

After playing with the new trap distance, I think the next update should put the distance limit halfway between the old and new one. There was a particular way to stack traps that could chain-stun people, but it was uncommon. The new trap distance does indeed make it hard to defend the phone. The median point between them should be enough to fix that.

I feel like the police escape should be based on a type of sliding scale, with longer times to arrival the earlier the cops are called. It would help prevent 6-7 minute matches against newer/unfamiliar players, while increasing the overall challenge for players who are good enough to get the phone that early in the first place. On the opposite end, I'd have the cops arrive faster based off of how close to the end of the match they were called. This would help allow the police escape to still be a valid option when there's under 5 minutes left in the match. (With My Dad's a Cop being an exception to the whole 5 minute deal.)

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

After playing with the new trap distance, I think the next update should put the distance limit halfway between the old and new one. There was a particular way to stack traps that could chain-stun people, but it was uncommon. The new trap distance does indeed make it hard to defend the phone. The median point between them should be enough to fix that.

Exactly. Whichever way they do it, all they need to do is remove the possibility of trap stacking / chain-stunning and restore traps to a distance where more than 1 trap can defend an objective (mainly phone). In my experience trapping around phone cabin has not been reliable, even well placed traps such as below closest window to phone box.

Cops get called in every single match I play as counselor now. If I'm up against good players as Jason, the best I can hope for is that the police are simply called much later in the match where I don't have to stress over a full lobby trying to escape. It's just too much work trying to protect all 3 objectives against a good team now, it's pretty much guaranteed that at least 1 is going to be completed because Jason must camp the phone box. Particularly if a player spawns there, since fuse also spawns close by and if they have just 1 pocket knife, that call is getting made unless you are constantly morphing there. Which of course means less time to do anything else. 

If cops are called start of the match, Jason is basically done for. Too much pressure and not enough abilities / too much cooldown to deal with it. Once cops are called you not only have to deal with remaining objectives getting complete, but people sneaking out the exit. Or a bunch of counselors waiting to fight you at it, since they can easily escape whenever they feel like it. It just becomes a clusterfuck.

EDIT: The only situation which is acceptable against good teams now is when car and phone box spawn in the same spot. One less place to morph to makes all the difference.

1 person likes this

I have been turning the phone cabin into a minefield lately. Two traps on the phone box. Two traps on the phone box approaches and one trap near the window that is closest to the phone box. 

1 person likes this

If the cops get called give Jason rage instantly. Counselors can counter this by... not calling the cops. Shock and awe, counselors needing to make tough sacrificial decisions to survive in a survival horror 80s slasher game? Who would have fucking thought! 

1 person likes this

heck in two matches last night, the police had been called the timer started at 3 minutes and 35 seconds until they arrived.. I thought it was a glitch that one time, but two matches in a row, on two different servers?

BUT I agree, police should be harder to call.. sometimes you can spawn in the cabin, with the phone and the fuse.

52 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

heck in two matches last night, the police had been called the timer started at 3 minutes and 35 seconds until they arrived.. I thought it was a glitch that one time, but two matches in a row, on two different servers?

BUT I agree, police should be harder to call.. sometimes you can spawn in the cabin, with the phone and the fuse.

That's just 2 people with good perks... I still think the 9 minutes the OP suggested is outrageous...

2 hours ago, kohagan said:

The phone issues tricky. 

Honestly I don't think so. It was fine before the trap tweak. People just want everything without having to sacrifice something in return. Oh Jasons trap do too much damage, oh I went in to tank them but died because I shouldn't want to tank Jasons traps. Oh I have to give up a pocket knife in order to get around a trap? :( Boo fucking hoo. As counselor I know damn well if I tank traps I'd likely die, or give up my pocket knife to get something fixed, or distract Jason at the fuse box while someone else calls the cops. These are ways you could deal with Jason before that yes involved in someone likely dying but it also helped out a bunch of others in the process. Now people don't even have to bother with this sort of thing and can just cheese traps and objectives easily.

1 person likes this

Just add a third step OR make mandatory to use a pocket knife to open the phone box

3 people like this

Don't forget you can take out the generator powering the cabin with the phone and trap that too.

Yesterday I was in a match where I fixed the phone and got killed, then came back as Tommy while another player was being chased around the phone cabin. I ran there, fixed the phone, and told him to call the cops while I stood in front of the phone box and got hacked away by Jason . A few more seconds and the call would have gone through.

Thanks for all the feedback yeah for sure they completely gave the game to counselors not only did multiple Jason's lose shift and damage strength but also they took away Jason's ability to grab it's shit now and they messed up the traps royally, esp when trying to trap the phone, car or other heck even traps by the drivers side door never work they step over them getting into the car not fair and further giving all counselors an easy button to escape very easy. Many new Jason's players are to afraid to play Jason or become very frustrated and give up on playing Jason all together because of this and usually quit esp if cops are called no sooner then the game starts they just quit the game can't say I blame them half the time heck even experienced Jason players quit if the cops are called to soon.

Lastly the counselors have been given big props on their maps enabling them the ability to see where the fuse is as well as gas, battery and propeller all of which is the more reason the Jason players have been literally screwed with this latest update (patch) and the only one's by the majority who see no problem in all of this I can almost guarantee don't either play Jason or prefer to be a counselor. This company needs to correct all of this and frankly it's frustrating that thing's haven been fixed sooner. I enjoyed playin as Jason and a counselor prior to this latest patch and find it sad many new players may not try long enough to gain experience with Jason as well as needed even more so now thus not being able to enjoy playing the star of the game Jason.

PS a replay to aurllcooljay you can still call the police with no power power isn't needed to call the police so sorry but your statement is in error.  "Don't forget you can take out the generator powering the cabin with the phone and trap that too." This is wrong and untrue to bad it's not true tho.

1 person likes this

Give Jason the ability to set traps indoors, then you could set one at the fuse box and at the indoor phone, this would surely slow down the objective of calling the police, IMO.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Blinckx said:

Just add a third step OR make mandatory to use a pocket knife to open the phone box

I like this idea. 

Yeah , the objective definitely needs another step to complete, considering its the mass escape route, it's should be the toughest objective.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Don't forget you can take out the generator powering the cabin with the phone and trap that too.

Yesterday I was in a match where I fixed the phone and got killed, then came back as Tommy while another player was being chased around the phone cabin. I ran there, fixed the phone, and told him to call the cops while I stood in front of the phone box and got hacked away by Jason . A few more seconds and the call would have gone through.

Messing with the generator doesn't do anything though, as far as the phone is concerned. It works like any land based phone wiring. It's separate from the power lines. 

Consider us lucky, before all you had to do was find the phone and you were good to go. No phone fuse needed.

Perhaps but at least before the latest patch there were ways for Jason to effectively make Counselors afraid to do certain things unless they ponied up some sacrifice in order to do so. Latest patch any sense of urgency and sacrifice has gone out the window with the big objective markers on the map, traps, grab that doesn't work properly, etc. Hell before even if you found the fuse or were asking people if they did, you had to run around to find the phone house. Now all you gotta do is check your map. If there's a fuse at the corner of one of the houses? Well you now know where not only the phone fuse is, but where the phone house is as well. 

If they're going to do this shit with the showing where items are on the map, give Jason the ability to pick up said objective items which then send them to his cabin. Want the item? Go fucking fetch, and don't disturb mommy while you're at it. 

7 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

If the cops get called give Jason rage instantly. Counselors can counter this by... not calling the cops. Shock and awe, counselors needing to make tough sacrificial decisions to survive in a survival horror 80s slasher game? Who would have fucking thought! 

Hmm, I'm interested in this idea and would like to see how this would play out in a test environment. Calling the cops early on before any other objective gets completed could be detrimental in this case. There would be a commitment factor to be taken into account for counselors. I would love to see this as an option in private matches, whenever the "quality of life" customization is implemented.

I'm sure the real Jason would be pissed knowing that an external force was on the way to save everyone. With vehicles, they have a max capacity and they must be occupied as a means of escape. Jason still has a chance to stop the vehicles. With the police, they are coming no matter what and Jason must eliminate the counselors before the mass exodus.

Perhaps another scenario to instantly get the rage ability would be when Jason's mask is removed.

1 person likes this

I like him hitting rage if his mask is removed too. Would make counselors, potentially, less interested in hitting him to remove it in order to get a kill. Would take the early cop and mask removal be in favor for both in some way. This might anger people who only care about counselors and how strong they are, but I don't think they should be the only ones being thought of when the main draw of the game is big bad Mista J himself. 

2 people like this

On 11/14/2017 at 5:42 PM, Alcanx said:

Place them in a line...Put one against the fuse box and put the other behind it. If they attempt to tank the closer trap, they'll pull out of it and often times end up in the second one, dying in the process. If they tank the trap further from the objective, you'll hear it and know to go there.

I've gotten so many trap kills since the change...So to say that they traps barely* do anything now is ridiculous.

You just can't cheese with them anymore. That's a good thing.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Messing with the generator doesn't do anything though, as far as the phone is concerned. It works like any land based phone wiring. It's separate from the power lines. 

That would explain why trapping the generator hasn't helped me keep the phone safe.