Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IronCatFish

Dodging

7 posts in this topic

Does dodging have any active frames where the counselor is invulnerable to grabs or slashes?  Be a nice mechanic like a fighting game where certain attacks go through the target when performing a dodge or evade.  Usually what I do is I hit Jason in combat stance, then immediately back dodge just in-case the hit doesn't stun.  It takes a LOT of practice, but it will save you.

I have a rare sucker punch perk, so I'm not afraid to hit Jason head on with a machete.  It works great with Fox because she can equip the sweater if the mask comes off which may require only 2-3 hits. However, sometimes I'm in the dodge animation and I still get grabbed making me wonder what is the purpose of it if their are no invulnerability frames or if I was too slow.

What I would like is that if a counselor in a dodging animation, he or she is invincible to grabs and attacks.  This would make dodging more useful and increase effectiveness of combat stance.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the dodge is intended for.  To protect counselors from grab or Jason melee. 

15 minutes ago, IronCatFish said:

Does dodging have any active frames where the counselor is invulnerable to grabs or slashes?

After the last update, pretty much all of the counselor's active frames are invulnerable to grabs or slashes.

4 people like this

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

After the last update, pretty much all of the counselor's active frames are invulnerable to grabs or slashes.

Everybody except for me, apparently. 

I actually apologized to a Jason player last night after I left him grabbing air multiple times in a cabin. I mean, he totally should have gotten me.

As I ran out of the cabin, I was like, "Sorry, dude! It sucks how they nerfted Jason's grab!"

14 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Everybody except for me, apparently. 

and me

20 hours ago, IronCatFish said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the dodge is intended for.  To protect counselors from grab or Jason melee. 

I think it's just intended against weapons. I don't think you can dodge or enter combat stance without a weapon in hand? Not sure if I've actually tried it, come to think of it.

2 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I don't think you can dodge or enter combat stance without a weapon in hand?

Correct.