Is anyone else as frustrated as me that we still don't have offline bots or a single player mode?   What's going on Gun Media? I understand that you guys are an independent company... and probably the ONLY type of company we were EVER going to get this game from... I thank you for that.... truly.... but enough is enough. I waited for months, for the physical copy HOPING that you would have all the bugs figured out, and that by the time it came out those offline bots and single player mode that we were SUPPOSED to have by summers end would be included. I was never an "Online" gamer until this game... and while I do admit it's fun and has opened me up to a new dimension of gaming to some level... I am a video game nerd... When I think friday the 13th... I just wanna kick back on the couch, play as Jason, and slaughter counselors for a few hours.... and if at all possible... I'd like to do so without a bunch of squeeking and sqauking 10 year olds blabbering through distorted mics! WHEN are we finally going to get these?  And don't tell me to look at the road map, there are no dates on it... I believe we have been patient long enough to deserve some answers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Franknberry1977 said:

And don't tell me to look at the road map, there are no dates on it...

Look at the roadmap!

I agree it's frustrating but there's nothing we can do except wait... The only answer you will get is we will have them "soon".

I'm extremely frustrated by this issue, and the way it has been handled causes me to wonder if the summer date was just made up to push sales at launch.  I don't remember ever hearing about a delay during summer proper (ie: before kids are back to school), and I don't recall anything in the patches to date that strikes me as a fair explanation for why they still haven't had time to launch single player by now with what I understand is a larger staff than they had when they originally targeted summer.    

• Like 1

I finally got to be Jason today.  Host quit within the first minute of the match while I was trapping the phone.....   Wonderful.  I personally cannot wait for offline bots.   I don't care at this point if they do walk into walls.  Better than being disconnected.  

This game has so many issues, bugs, glitches, balance problem, exploit and more that single player is probably the last important thing to add.

And no one from the developer team is going to give you an answer

12 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I finally got to be Jason today.  Host quit within the first minute of the match while I was trapping the phone.....   Wonderful.  I personally cannot wait for offline bots.   I don't care at this point if they do walk into walls.  Better than being disconnected.  

Shit. At this point. I don’t care if the bots just stand in place. 

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You must be new.

No not new...been playing since May.

the only thing that frustrates me is Gun's lack of communication. if they just spent 20 minutes a day checking THEIR OWN FRIGGIN' FORUM and communicated with THE PEOPLE THAT MADE AND WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE THIS GAME A REALITY FOR THEM, i bet we'd see waaaaaaay less complaining. 

Gun is the equivalent of a QP lobby full of inexperienced lone wolves with no mics against a 101 jason.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matisangry said:

the only thing that frustrates me is Gun's lack of communication. if they just spent 20 minutes a day checking THEIR OWN FRIGGIN' FORUM and communicated with THE PEOPLE THAT MADE AND WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE THIS GAME A REALITY FOR THEM, i bet we'd see waaaaaaay less complaining. 

Gun is the equivalent of a QP lobby full of inexperienced lone wolves with no mics against a 101 jason.

I don't think they want to answer for that last update

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

i think they've made that abundantly clear. 

I only picked up the disc version of the game as it was anticipated the first tranche of single player content would be out around the same time if not shortly after (looking at the 'roadmap'). Disappointing that we're halfway through November and there's been nothing.

Always amazes me how, living in an era of such ease in communication, companies don't communicate with their customers more ... blogs, Twitter, Facebook, forums, it really is so easy and accessible. Little excuse for radio silence these days.

They do communicate and watch the forums. The thing is, they have no real updates and thus getting tired of having to explain this. I am not defending them, I think there should be a thread pinned to the top answering all the shit that people keep asking. and update it once in a while. Keep it locked, whatever, but keep it updated

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

They do communicate and watch the forums. The thing is, they have no real updates and thus getting tired of having to explain this. I am not defending them, I think there should be a thread pinned to the top answering all the shit that people keep asking. and update it once in a while. Keep it locked, whatever, but keep it updated

they may WATCH the forums but they certainly don't COMMUNICATE on them. i'd say their response to this last patch has been non-existent. 

i'm the guy that spent months telling people to chill out, be patient, it's just a video game, blah, blah, blah... but it's really hard to ignore how badly they seem to fumble nearly every aspect of this game... from the pre-order/kickstarter issues, bizarre game play changes ("fixing" things that weren't issues while ignoring well-known problems), constantly delayed timelines or complete lack of timelines and, obviously, their spotty, random means of communication. sometimes info comes from reddit, sometimes from twitter, sometimes from facebook... very rarely on their very own forum. it's so stupid. and it's especially stupid because communication, something that would alleviate a lot of the pressure they're under from their consumers, is so easy in this day and age. 

10 minutes ago, matisangry said:

they may WATCH the forums but they certainly don't COMMUNICATE on them. i'd say their response to this last patch has been non-existent. 

i'm the guy that spent months telling people to chill out, be patient, it's just a video game, blah, blah, blah... but it's really hard to ignore how badly they seem to fumble nearly every aspect of this game... from the pre-order/kickstarter issues, bizarre game play changes ("fixing" things that weren't issues while ignoring well-known problems), constantly delayed timelines or complete lack of timelines and, obviously, their spotty, random means of communication. sometimes info comes from reddit, sometimes from twitter, sometimes from facebook... very rarely on their very own forum. it's so stupid. and it's especially stupid because communication, something that would alleviate a lot of the pressure they're under from their consumers, is so easy in this day and age. 

I agree, they need to speak up. The console players are dropping like flies due to all the issues going on and its a pain in the ass to get a game now on the Ps4, constant drops when its not the host dropping.. when its not that, its the host being sore loser cause they got nailed in the first 2 to 3 minutes or they aren't Jason. Its like grow the fuck up people. I've gotten nailed in the first 5 minutes of the game because I spawned near the car and was attempting to run away, boom Jason spawned like next to me, grab, kill. Did I quit? no. I just sat and watched..

But yeah, Gun needs to speak the F up. At least make a statement.

If they wont make a statement, we need to force them to make one. I highly suggest tweeting them asking.

24 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I agree, they need to speak up. The console players are dropping like flies due to all the issues going on and its a pain in the ass to get a game now on the Ps4, constant drops when its not the host dropping.. when its not that, its the host being sore loser cause they got nailed in the first 2 to 3 minutes or they aren't Jason. Its like grow the fuck up people. I've gotten nailed in the first 5 minutes of the game because I spawned near the car and was attempting to run away, boom Jason spawned like next to me, grab, kill. Did I quit? no. I just sat and watched..

But yeah, Gun needs to speak the F up. At least make a statement.

If they wont make a statement, we need to force them to make one. I highly suggest tweeting them asking.

at the end of day, it's a video game and I'm not gonna get "real-life mad" about it, but i will speak with my wallet and how i choose to spend my time. too bad, too, because i finally bought a nice headset almost exclusively because of this game.

i still find enjoyment in playing and will stick around as, long as i can, but if the other guys i play with start dropping like flies, I'll bounce. QP is a necessary evil from time to time but if it gets to the point where I need to utilize it just to play, I'm done. 

7 minutes ago, matisangry said:

at the end of day, it's a video game and I'm not gonna get "real-life mad" about it, but i will speak with my wallet and how i choose to spend my time. too bad, too, because i finally bought a nice headset almost exclusively because of this game.

i still find enjoyment in playing and will stick around as, long as i can, but if the other guys i play with start dropping like flies, I'll bounce. QP is a necessary evil from time to time but if it gets to the point where I need to utilize it just to play, I'm done. 

sadly I am down to QP matches now on the Ps4, the few friends I have left that play aren't enough to have an exciting private match on the PS4. The Good sportsman community for the Ps4 is a great concept, but there is no push to get it moving.. its basically a place to join and if someone's on try to get a game. The lead doesn't hype anything, plan events or encourage anything. I see constant wall posts for the members, "hey, I'm on, anyone wanna play?"

Don't get me wrong, I am not "real-life mad" at all. I come home from work, I jump on the PS4 and I will QP until my buddies get on. Then we party up and QP. We work on the objectives together. One night a buddy and I made a challenge to see how many times in a row we can fix and escape in the car. We managed 4 in a row.

2 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

sadly I am down to QP matches now on the Ps4, the few friends I have left that play aren't enough to have an exciting private match on the PS4. The Good sportsman community for the Ps4 is a great concept, but there is no push to get it moving.. its basically a place to join and if someone's on try to get a game. The lead doesn't hype anything, plan events or encourage anything. I see constant wall posts for the members, "hey, I'm on, anyone wanna play?"

Don't get me wrong, I am not "real-life mad" at all. I come home from work, I jump on the PS4 and I will QP until my buddies get on. Then we party up and QP. We work on the objectives together. One night a buddy and I made a challenge to see how many times in a row we can fix and escape in the car. We managed 4 in a row.

it would be cool if we could get events planned, and if this game doesn't die before they get it fixed, maybe it'll happen... but to me, the community is more or less just a place to meet up with like minded people. 

Just now, matisangry said:

it would be cool if we could get events planned, and if this game doesn't die before they get it fixed, maybe it'll happen... but to me, the community is more or less just a place to meet up with like minded people. 

absolutely. I've met some great people playing this game that I game with (on a regular basis )for F13 or other games now. I mean some good people, I am thankful for at least getting that from this game to say the least.

I predict that offline bots will be a disaster. The game is still riddled with bugs now, and that's just the online multiplayer component. Now take the same game, but instead populated with bots that they have to create semi-realistic AI and behavioral routines for? When it finally launches we'll have robo-counselors getting stuck on trees and rocks and who the fuck knows what else all over the map for months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frighteningicon said:

Yeah. They know they fucked up.

24 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Yeah. They know they fucked up.

it looks like radio silence is working well for them. 

(/sarcasm) 

The roadmap says sometime around Christmas we should get an SP challenges demo, Offline Bots, and Virtual Cabin 2.0. The cabin and offline bots are supposed to be next, but I won't be surprised if Gun delays them to work on more costumes to be hip with the kids or continues nerfing Jason to make this game just like DbD to appease the whiny entitled survivor babies. 

• Like 1

To me it's real simple...  They rushed to get this game out, and as a result we ended up with a sub-par gaming experience. Which is really unfortunate, because the game has the potential for GREATNESS.  What pisses me off most of all is that I INTENTIONALLY waited for the physical release thinking that they would have the single player ready for that... and at the VERY least, would have the bugs worked out by then... BOY was I wrong. The problems with the game are one thing.... The problem of the lack of communication of whats going on with a coherent and HONEST timeline is something else.  I will DEFINATELY think hard and long before I ever buy another product that has GUN media stamped on it.