tyrant666

Combining Crystal Lake, Packanack, Higgins and Jarvis as one big gigantic map?

11 posts in this topic

Someone around here made a thread drawing the theoretic 4 maps in location to one another as relates to Crystal Lake.

I forget who it was.

Anyway, I think I could get behind this idea as a gigantic crowd pleasing map down the road that connects all the major locations around the lake.

The North part of the map would be the Jarvis locations. The South Part of the map would be the Higgins locations. The West Part of the Map would be Packanack and the East Crystal Lake.

The center of the map would obviously be the lake encompassing most of the space with openings for the boat escapes

You make some changes to accommodate the sheer size of the map. The only map where this is the case.

1. Jason has all his abilities unlocked from the start, including rage.

2. The counselors have 4 phone locations and 4 fuses that can be used on any of the phones

3. The counselors have 4 car locations, two 4 seaters and two 2 seaters with 4 gascans, 4 batteries and 4 sets of keys

4. The counselors can win the time limit, but its 40 minutes instead of 20.

5. There would be two boat escapes, with 2 more gascans and 2 more propellers

6. Part 2 Jason is allowed 10 traps to accomodate map size, the neutral trap Jasons get 7 and the negative traps get 5

7. Part 6 Jason is allowed 8 knives to start, plus the two in the shack

8. The shack can spawn in 4 different locations on this map, instead of two

This thread?

I like the idea, but I feel like that's a lot of ground for Jason to cover. Having so many escape options would be really difficult to track as Jason. I'd say additional repair parts/requirements should be added if this mode were to exist.

Edit: Just noticed me and @Barbara Ann briefly talked about this idea on that thread.

On 10/9/2017 at 0:12 PM, Barbara Ann said:

...Why am I suddenly fantasizing about a giant world map. Nah. That could never work out. 

On 10/9/2017 at 0:14 PM, Truth said:

That would be interesting though. 20 counselors, 45 minutes, and all 4 maps combined. I'd play it!

Edit 2: The ideas on this thread would probably work REALLY well in this mode.

@Trident77 What do you think?

2 people like this

@Truth I would need to see a map layout first to get a real idea, but this could be an interesting idea as one of the final maps to be created. It'd a nice way to combine all the content from the game at that point by creating a map that has elements from several different ones, albeit I'm not sure how the servers would handle a bigger map. I suppose by then we might have dedicated servers though.

1 person likes this

Just now, Trident77 said:

@Truth I would need to see a map layout first to get a real idea, but this could be an interesting idea as one of the final maps to be created. It'd a nice way to combine all the content from the game at that point by creating a map that has elements from several different ones, albeit I'm not sure how the servers would handle a bigger map. I suppose by then we might have dedicated servers though.

There's a mock-up on the first link in my post. I'm sure it would need to be changed so they fit together, but it's a decent start.

1 person likes this

An overworld map could work for single player as Jason or a counselor. You could mop up many groups of teens in a kind of "infinite practice" mode or something.

1 person likes this

I just made a more compact version of all 4 maps but the file is too big to post... Jarvis is centered on the east side, Higgins Havin is north, Packanack on the east, and Crystal Lake on the south. In the middle is just water being that it's a lake. It actually fits together pretty well. I wish I could show you...

Just sent it to @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow. Does it look like it might make sense?

1 person likes this

I like it.. obviously it will make the game a lot harder but I think I'm a great Jason at times, and I love a good and difficult challenge.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Truth I didn't see it in the conversation box. Try just posting an imgur link or something.

Son of a bitch... I'll figure something out... I don't want to have to make an account just for this...

Edit: Alright, I gave in... There's some issues with it, but I'm sure we can figure something out!

IJaZn1C.png

1 person likes this

I just made this in paint:

Mzlhm6b.jpg

None of the maps fit on that scale. Maybe the scale is even smaller than that. I had to modify the map to make it fit.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Anyway, I think I could get behind this idea as a gigantic crowd pleasing map down the road that connects all the major locations around the lake.

The North part of the map would be the Jarvis locations. The South Part of the map would be the Higgins locations. The West Part of the Map would be Packanack and the East Crystal Lake.

The center of the map would obviously be the lake encompassing most of the space with openings for the boat escapes

You make some changes to accommodate the sheer size of the map. The only map where this is the case.

1. Jason has all his abilities unlocked from the start, including rage.

This would be fair as Jason has 4 times the ground to cover. Also, slightly decrease his cooldown times for each ability to give him a fighting chance.

2. The counselors have 4 phone locations and 4 fuses that can be used on any of the phones.

Cut the phones down to 1. Jason's gonna have a hard time hunting 7 counselors and stopping 4 phones.

3. The counselors have 4 car locations, two 4 seaters and two 2 seaters with 4 gascans, 4 batteries and 4 sets of keys

Again, cut down the escape options. With the increased map size, maybe a single 4-seater and a single 2-seater.

4. The counselors can win the time limit, but its 40 minutes instead of 20.

20-30 minutes would be a better fit. Spectators won't wanna wait around for almost 40 minutes.

5. There would be two boat escapes, with 2 more gascans and 2 more propellers

Include a single boat. This would spawn as well as both cars.

6. Part 2 Jason is allowed 10 traps to accomodate map size, the neutral trap Jasons get 7 and the negative traps get 5

Traps for Jason would need an increase with the larger area to cover. Maybe 10-8-6 or 9-7-5 to keep with the scaling.

7. Part 6 Jason is allowed 8 knives to start, plus the two in the shack

More knives would be necessary for an area of this size.

8. The shack can spawn in 4 different locations on this map, instead of two

Make it 8 possible spawn locations for the shack. Two spots in each quadrant of the map.

In addition, have each escape method spawn in a separate quadrant. Likewise, have the items for the escape method spawn within the same quadrant. Spread the items (flare gun, firecrackers, pocketknives, etc.) somewhat evenly between the quadrants. Overall, a map of this size could be interesting.

1 person likes this