CountYorgaVampir

How is Jason getting into cabins when the door is locked?

27 posts in this topic

I know he is outside, but is he just smashing them down really quickly and I’m just not getting the audio from the next room over? This has happened twice today, but the first time was really confusing because both door were still bolted and he was inside chasing three of us around. Does he now have Santa powers? Coincidentally both of these cases involved a larger cabin on the top of the Part 3 map by the main road. 

Sometimes when you're on the other side of a larger cabin you won't hear him hitting the door.

He also could've been in stalk and you actually just locked him in with you.

1 person likes this

I notice when im far enough away from the door. I don't hear him breaking it down.

Could've been stalk too.

I used that on Vanessa the other night. She ran inside and locked the door behind her, all the while I shift/stalked behind her and grabbed her as soon as she turned around.

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I used that on Vanessa the other night. She ran inside and locked the door behind her, all the while I shift/stalked behind her and grabbed her as soon as she turned around.

Those are really the best jump scares. I've had kids literally SCREAMING when I stalk grab them (please don't take that out of context...). Those moments are what makes the game awesome.

Just now, Truth said:

Sometimes when you're on the other side of a larger cabin you won't hear him hitting the door.

He also could've been in stalk and you actually just locked him in with you.

In this case it was far too early for stalk and I knew he was there because of music. It was a larger cabin, but I was in a middle room equally spaced between both doors. I have been farther away from doorways before and still heard the banging. And in the other case the Jason simply wasn’t advanced enough to use a stalker/shift combo to sneak into the cabin. I suck and I was basically running around him. I really do think that in this case both doors were shut and we all used windows.  Who knows. 

Just now, CountYorgaVampir said:

Who knows.

Jason knows!

But I don't... Could be a glitch that we've all overlooked assuming that we were just too far from the door.

23 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I know he is outside, but is he just smashing them down really quickly and I’m just not getting the audio from the next room over? This has happened twice today, but the first time was really confusing because both door were still bolted and he was inside chasing three of us around. Does he now have Santa powers? Coincidentally both of these cases involved a larger cabin on the top of the Part 3 map by the main road. 

This same thing has happened to me. I thought maybe I was going crazy.. but I guess its like everyone said here.. a good experienced Jason snuck in or the sound can't be heard that far away.

I've heard the last patch bugged a spot or two to allow Jason to morph clean into the house. But I'd assume it was a shift in, more likely.

From my experience, the orientation of the third person camera has a chance of either suppressing or amplifying sound cues, depending on its direction relative to the audio source. Uncanny.

Edited by BomberBuddy
*its. Shame!

2 minutes ago, BomberBuddy said:

From my experience, the orientation of the third person camera has a chance of either suppressing or amplifying sound cues, depending on it's direction relative to the audio source. Uncanny.

True. That's why the rain can get extra loud when you're in a cabin if you adjust your FOV.

Realistically speaking there's no way you would not hear Jason chopping a door down from 30 feet away. Needs fixing.

A lot of new players are not locking doors. If I’m chasing a councelor, Ive stopped just axing down the door, instead I run to the back door half of the time it’s unlocked.  If you play smart you can jump scare without Stalk and kill them in the cabin.

It is an audio "bug" that has been around since launch.  I had even posted (and sent a bug report) of a video testing out the scenario where if you stand in a large cabin, closest to the furthest side door leading outside, you cannot hear Jason break down the other main door even when facing his direction.  I quoted the word bug because it has NEVER been addressed by ANY dev ever, but the concept of sound not applying to doors at a certain distance can not logically be intended.  I can hear characters scream from across a map, hear firecrackers going off halfway across a map, and all windows within my vicinity get smashed.  So why does a door that I am facing, no more than probably 15ft away, not make a sound when it is being beaten or burst through? 

2 hours ago, Truth said:

Those are really the best jump scares. I've had kids literally SCREAMING when I stalk grab them (please don't take that out of context...). Those moments are what makes the game awesome.

My friend did it on me luckily I had 2 knifes that round

It's pretty bad. Someone could be opening a draw right next to the door Jason's breaking down and I'll hear the draw and not the door.

In a sense it's like a mini perpetual Stalk

Maybe he came before you and waited until you came, sometimes that happens, it's a matter of shift and wait.

It's either a sound bug or he was inside waiting for you. I think the sound bug also applies to Stalk where you can't even hear the sound of Jason breaking down doors, even in Rage. Normally sounds like a door breaking aren't muted by Stalk. 

On 11/14/2017 at 0:54 PM, CountYorgaVampir said:

This is a tactic I use often. When chasing a counselor and they open a door I'll often shift past them into the next room. Once I hear the door bolt I'll walk out where they are The reactions are classic but most people use windows which doesn't let it happen everytime. That could possibly be what happened. 

I believe what JPops is (kinda) talking about is proper use of Stalk, such as this:

But I think the problem is really this (when, after I say "Go", there is no sound of a door being beaten or broken):

THAT is what we have all been talking about for so long (or at least I have and possibly misunderstood this topic was referring to a different bug (but not a Shift through a door that a player is closing, which isn't a bug, but a well-timed Shift before the door closed) ).

@JPops So my edit with the Shift to a closing door was correct.  I know exactly what you mean (when I said "well-timed Shift") and I love doing that to people.  It definitely pisses most people off if they're the type who can't handle dying in the game, but gets a laugh AND scream by most who know what happened.

@RustInPeace kind of, I will use stalk if it's available and is preferred for the combo. I'll try to grab a video of it next time I pull it off but what I mean is you are chasing a counselor and you see them making their way to a door. Hit shift, if you time it right you should be able to shift past them and into the cabin while the door is still open and end it in the next room. Once they barricade the door well now they are locked in there, with Jason. That's what most likely occurred if both doors were still barricaded. 

37 minutes ago, JPops said:

This is a tactic I use often. When chasing a counselor and they open a door I'll often shift past them into the next room. Once I hear the door bolt I'll walk out where they are The reactions are classic but most people use windows which doesn't let it happen everytime. That could possibly be what happened. 

Well as I said before, both doors were closed and locked, we all used the windows to get in, and this was an inexperienced Jason that couldn’t even get three low level players. We were running circles around him at the exit and was just having fun with him, and yet SOMEHOW he was in the house. He was the kind of Jason that would still chop down doors with three minutes left in the game and not know that he could simply just walk through the door. My best guess is that is what happened but the door froze in a glitch. 

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Well as I said before, both doors were closed and locked, we all used the windows to get in, and this was an inexperienced Jason that couldn’t even get three low level players. We were running circles around him at the exit and was just having fun with him, and yet SOMEHOW he was in the house. 

Well if that is the case that is odd not sure how he would have pulled that off. 

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Well as I said before, both doors were closed and locked, we all used the windows to get in, and this was an inexperienced Jason that couldn’t even get three low level players. We were running circles around him at the exit and was just having fun with him, and yet SOMEHOW he was in the house. 

There is a bug that is rare. Standing too close to a door while free-swinging with Jason's weapon and having it clip through the door frame. Sometimes it can pull Jason inside the room, but the door remains closed and locked. I've only ever had it happen once as Jason. The two counselors in the room about crapped their pants. I let them go get a head start because it was totally an unfair event.

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, JPops said:

Thats cheating jpops

1 minute ago, 2fast4u said:

Thats cheating jpops

not sure how that's cheating use the window it may save your life ;)