22 posts in this topic

I've been thinking of ways gun media/illfonic could improve the overall experience of the game. Here's what I got...

Change counselors vision.

Currently, counselors have eyes in the back of their head, if Jason walks up behind you, not only do you hear his music, but your counselor starts flipping out. They need to change counselors field of view to a cone that expands about 10 feet in front of them, so that if Jason enters that invisible cone, his music triggers and the counselor becomes frightened. However if he's out of that cone, his music won't play and the counselor has no idea he's there. This would make for some awesome jumpscares.

This one is basic knowledge and logic, when people walk around or step on leaves, regardless of their size , their footsteps sound the same as anyone else's. This should be the case for Jason too, his footsteps should sound just like the counselors. Simple as that, when you hear footsteps around you, it could be anyone.

As you know, if you look at your mini map, you can see yourself, the surrounding area and counselors. This should be removed until you obtain a map (2 maps in one!) This also plays into the footstep changes, you won't know who's creeping up on you.

WHAT does everyone think of this? How would you enjoy the game if these changes were made?

2 people like this

I'm not trying to shoot you down but you need to take into account human's vastly superior vision and senses versus the computer monitor (i.e. game's angle and range) as well as hearing.

1.  OK - If there are no eyes in the back of your head so you don't see music, Jason shouldn't see little while circles on his map or game either. 

2.  Human Peripheral Range is around 200-220 degrees.  If you practice and work on it that can be increased unless you have enophthalmos.  As well as with the eyes being able to traverse left and right (not the moving the character moving left and right, within fractions of a second your peripheral vision can be in your direct/indirect cone - i.e. clearly.  Thus, the game must give you clues so you are not blind with only the very limited forward angle a monitor gives you.

3.  Hearing.  Like of or not, people make noise.  Walking and breathing.  Many of Jason's movie kills are people otherwise occupied (Getting busy, listening to music/headphones, talking, etc, etc).  Larger people sound different than lighter people when walking, as well as shoe sounds.  Like it or not people will hear him behind them and react (i.e. fight or flight)  There is a reason why in military units the boots are always standardized.  There is always the rare chance you hear someone walking/shuffling/stepping on something and the sound it makes can de distinctive.   I.E.  Friend or Foe. 

None of the counselors are wearing boots from what I remember so if they change outside walking sounds to shoes and boots great. They will be similar but noticeable over time and when you can listen.  If you just hear a step and run, safe but goes to what you are looking for. Jason, being the big boy he is, will still stomp on wooden floors as he does as that sound is more the wood taking the heavy weight.

If you take away counselors mini-map (which is the sum of your nearby senses giving you information, then do the same to Jason.  He doesn't have RADAR or SONAR in any of the movies.    The mini-map as nothing to do with the layout of the camp, it has to do with your short range perceptions.  Maybe they can tweak the distance. 

1 person likes this

The only thing i would change is the random shit between jason and counselors

Я хочу,что бы разработчики наконец то дали Джейсона Савини нормально! Для всех!!!

438740_screenshots_20171115204853_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Майерс Джокер said:

Я хочу,что бы разработчики наконец то дали Джейсона Савини нормально! Для всех!!!

438740_screenshots_20171115204853_1.jpg

Hmm. I think you are going to have to post in English in these forums otherwise we can't respond to you, or people wont bother to respond :(

1 hour ago, Punisher_2099 said:

Hmm. I think you are going to have to post in English in these forums otherwise we can't respond to you, or people wont bother to respond :(

Google translate says his name is "Myers Joker" and he posted "I want developers to finally give Jason Savini normal! For all!!!"

5 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

Google translate says his name is "Myers Joker" and he posted "I want developers to finally give Jason Savini normal! For all!!!"

I had a feeling that was what he said...

The first suggestion would make Jason way too overpowered. It would encourage all counselors to just camp inside of the cabins until Jason makes his presence known as well, since they'll never know if they're in danger or not until it's too late and he's already 10 feet in front of them. There has to be a gameplay balance for the counselors to know they have some sort of threat around them otherwise they're just pigs to the slaughter and will lose interest in playing. Plus, Jason players already have the ability to shut down the music temporarily. That's good enough. 

i do agree the music should not play till your character has seen him

11 часов назад, Punisher_2099 сказал:

Хм. Я думаю, вам придется публиковать сообщения на русском языке на этих форумах, иначе мы не сможем ответить вам, или люди не курите отвечать:(

Вот что я тебе написал. Надо что бы все добавляли а не как то отдельно!  

Edited by Майерс Джокер
Написал не правильно

2 hours ago, Майерс Джокер said:

Вот что я тебе написал. Надо что бы все добавляли а не как то отдельно!  

This what he said 

Hmm. I think you will have to publish messages in Russian on these forums, otherwise we will not be able to reply to you, or people do not smoke to answer :(

That's what I wrote to you. It should be that everyone would add and not as something separately!

14 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

yeah.. figured it was something like that. I didn't care to waste my time on looking.

On 16.11.2017 at 0:21 PM, Moe9999633 said:

Это то, что он сказал 

Хм. Я думаю, вам придется публиковать сообщения на русском языке на этих форумах, иначе мы не сможем ответить вам, или люди не курят, чтобы ответить:(

Вот что я написал вам. Должно быть, каждый добавит, а не как нечто отдельное!

Переводчик в помощь,если не знаете русский язык. Скорее бы разрабы добавили все нормально,без каких либо там эксклюзивов,донатов и прочие!
Вот что я говорил

7 minutes ago, Майерс Джокер said:

Переводчик в помощь,если не знаете русский язык. Скорее бы разрабы добавили все нормально,без каких либо там эксклюзивов,донатов и прочие!
Вот что я говорил

But without those people who paid for the game two years ago, this would not have been.
(had to change some words for it to make sense)
Но без тех людей, которые заплатили за игру два года назад, этого не было бы

4 hours ago, Майерс Джокер said:

Вот что я говорил

What he said: 

Translator for help if you do not know Russian. Rather, they would have developed everything perfectly, without any exclusives, donations, and others!

That's what I said

what i say: the exclusive helped a lot in my opinion 

What I say in Russian:

Эксклюзивы очень помогают на мой взгляд

22 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

Что он сказал: 

Переводчик за помощью, если вы не знаете русского. Скорее, они бы разработали все отлично, без каких-либо эксклюзивов, пожертвований и других!

Это то, что я сказал

что я говорю: эксклюзив помог мне по-моему 

Что я говорю по-русски:

Что?!! помогают эксклюзивы? да не фига подобного! какова смысел пихать эксклюзивы? что бы все слюни капали только и писали "как получить"
Надо все нормально добавлять ,без каких либо эксклюзивов!

On 17.11.2017 at 7:09 PM, Truth said:

Знаешь ли,это обидно как то,я бы почти предзаказ бы сделал на стимке,но у меня было средств не хватало,и пришлось купить только тогда ,когда игра вышла

2 hours ago, Майерс Джокер said:

Что?!! помогают эксклюзивы? да не фига подобного! какова смысел пихать эксклюзивы? что бы все слюни капали только и писали "как получить"
Надо все нормально добавлять ,без каких либо эксклюзивов!

What he said 

What?!! help exclusives? Yes, not a fig like that! what is the meaning of shoving exclusives? that would all drooling dripping only and wrote "how to get"

It's okay to add, without any exclusives!

What I say in English 

think it helped well maybe I'm not sure tho 

now in Russian:

я думаю, что это помогло, может быть, я уверен, что

1 person likes this

On 11/15/2017 at 1:31 PM, Punisher_2099 said:

I don't even know what language it is but I know for fact he's scamming fake savini jason codes 😂

On 11/14/2017 at 11:46 AM, va_ghost said:

I'm not trying to shoot you down but you need to take into account human's vastly superior vision and senses versus the computer monitor (i.e. game's angle and range) as well as hearing.

1.  OK - If there are no eyes in the back of your head so you don't see music, Jason shouldn't see little while circles on his map or game either. 

2.  Human Peripheral Range is around 200-220 degrees.  If you practice and work on it that can be increased unless you have enophthalmos.  As well as with the eyes being able to traverse left and right (not the moving the character moving left and right, within fractions of a second your peripheral vision can be in your direct/indirect cone - i.e. clearly.  Thus, the game must give you clues so you are not blind with only the very limited forward angle a monitor gives you.

3.  Hearing.  Like of or not, people make noise.  Walking and breathing.  Many of Jason's movie kills are people otherwise occupied (Getting busy, listening to music/headphones, talking, etc, etc).  Larger people sound different than lighter people when walking, as well as shoe sounds.  Like it or not people will hear him behind them and react (i.e. fight or flight)  There is a reason why in military units the boots are always standardized.  There is always the rare chance you hear someone walking/shuffling/stepping on something and the sound it makes can de distinctive.   I.E.  Friend or Foe. 

None of the counselors are wearing boots from what I remember so if they change outside walking sounds to shoes and boots great. They will be similar but noticeable over time and when you can listen.  If you just hear a step and run, safe but goes to what you are looking for. Jason, being the big boy he is, will still stomp on wooden floors as he does as that sound is more the wood taking the heavy weight.

If you take away counselors mini-map (which is the sum of your nearby senses giving you information, then do the same to Jason.  He doesn't have RADAR or SONAR in any of the movies.    The mini-map as nothing to do with the layout of the camp, it has to do with your short range perceptions.  Maybe they can tweak the distance. 

Ah don't worry about it. If anything I live constructive criticism, and that friend is what you have given. I agree 100% on everything you said, I do understand that people will hear Jason walking behind him but what I'm getting at is that if the counselors can't see him with the naked eye - they shouldn't hear is music. Footsteps are fair game but to new players they might not know which footsteps are what and their instinct might tell them to turn around. For instance for some reason when I talk to other players who I know are near I literally make eye contact with them, I turn around when making a point. Now if i were to do that not knowing that it's Jason is behind me i would soil myself.

So if counselors can't see him, don't play his music is all I'm getting at.

10 hours ago, JockyRhonson said:

I don't even know what language it is but I know for fact he's scamming fake savini jason codes 😂

:) oh?

20 hours ago, JockyRhonson said:

I don't even know what language it is

I am sure that is Russian.