Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deathbat96777

If There's Ever A Sequel

31 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2017 at 3:27 PM, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

To answer your question Jones, Rocket League is a sequel.... 

I finally looked up Rocket League. It's the perfect example for a sequel. It's both a racing game AND a sports game. Both of those genres can have a decade of incremental updates that people will keep buying without blinking. 

But then u say, "I do have the perfect example! The Evil Dead game had a sequel." Yes but Ash is a hero and the franchise had more variety in its storytelling. As much as horror fans consider the likes of Jason to be a hero, he does play off like that.

I'm not shitting on the idea but it doesn't seem likely to work that well for what it is. It feels like a natural progression for them to get another license. I guess it's cause I'm used to the toy companies always getting and releasing 2 or 3 licenses at a time.

11 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I finally looked up Rocket League. It's the perfect example for a sequel. It's both a racing game AND a sports game. Both of those genres can have a decade of incremental updates that people will keep buying without blinking. 

What? 1) Rocket League is not a racing game. That's like saying Twisted Metal is a racing game. Just cause you play in a car doesn't make it a racing game. and 2) Rocket League didn't have incremental updates. The only update it had was more cars and a better frame rate. Other than that, it was the same exact game with many of the same exact maps. 3) sports games have yearly updates because of rosters. New actual, real-life humans that join the leagues and change their teams each year. What's your favorite real life player in Rocket League? exactly... Rocket League has none of the attributes you tried to apply to it from those other genres. 

My point was that a game as simplistic as Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, where all you do is drive rocket powered cars around to score soccer goals, warranted a sequel. If a game design as simple as that warranted a sequel, so could this after a few years have past and gaming has evolved. I don't get why people DON'T want a chance to have an improved game eventually release... 

And they could easily work on a new license while they're developing a sequel for this. They've made a lot of money on this title. They have enough money now to afford more employees and expanded their team. 

16 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I can say I won't be one of them.  They have not shown me they know what they are doing.  They come off as an amateur company practicing to be a real company.  I can't support them in their future endeavors.  

You know an amateur becomes a professional through practice and learning, just saying... The guys at Valve didn't just all wake up one day and start coding Half-Life. The dudes at Bungie had a very minor hit on their hands before they developed Halo. These things come in time. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

What? 1) Rocket League is not a racing game.....

I don't think Rocket League is a good example. Its target audience is too broad. It has easy appeal. And the more simple the game is the easier it is to wanna play it forever. There's nothing specific enough for it offend people over time. 

There's no way to update Jason. They've pretty much covered everything. 

Ok wait. Maybe if they secure the rights to all the real people from the movies, and do a real single player campaign where you start on Part 1 and work your way to FvJ (or even just Part 9), then I can see a sequel being worth it. The campaign could also go the other way, where you play as the final girl through each movie. 

Ok I think that could work.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Ok wait. Maybe if they secure the rights to all the real people from the movies, and do a real single player campaign where you start on Part 1 and work your way to FvJ (or even just Part 9), then I can see a sequel being worth it. The campaign could also go the other way, where you play as the final girl through each movie. 

Ok I think that could work.

That's one of the things I suggested.... :huh: And there's plenty more that could be implemented. To think they hit the nail right on the head in the first try is crazy. Every game concept can be evolved over time. The only limit is current tech and the developers imagination.