Tyrone

A.J. Mason jogging noise?

11 posts in this topic

I almost always play as A.J Mason for the sole fact that she can jog without making any noise, however, when I play as her I will see small white pings coming from my arrow every few seconds, indicating that I am making noise. Keep in mind this is even while my flashlight is on and my fear level is 0. And no, I wasn't sprinting. So can Jason actually see these pings and I doing something wrong?

Ok, as far as I know she does make tiny circles sometimes. Mostly in unlit areas of the map that I've noticed. When you're Jason they show up the size of say a throwing knife on the edge of a cabin if she's far away, maybe double that in his vicinity. Thing is, say Vanessa is plowing through a cabin midway between the two of you. Jason will track Vanessa almost everytime and you're safe. Till the end of the match when he gets Rage, then you're busted. Or if everyone else is dead and he tracks that small blip. Or you're just unlucky and he morphs near you out in the open with no one else around. Which happens to me alot, lol. Just my observations thus far, hope that helps.

1 person likes this

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619

This guide is pretty thorough; I think the answer's under stealth. Pretty sure AJ is totally silent while jogging (might be an exception w/ P7). With a good enough lightfoot (10%? 15%) AJ can sprint silently. Doesn't work on Tiffany for some reason even though they appear to have the same stealth stat.

A buddy of mine has a perfect epic Lightfoot.  No pings until I am extremely close.  Very hard to find. This is even while sprinting. 

But even if I don't have that perk I should be completely silent while jogging right?

You have to be VERY close to AJ or Tiffany as Jason to see the noise pings. These two give off very little noise. If you play as Vanessa once you will notice her sound pings look like sonar in comparison.

And Vanessa swimming in the water is pretty much:

2 people like this

AJ is so stealthy she does her hiding spot breathing while being chased by Jason in the open when he gets close instead of saying "please no!"  Seems to be only her that does that.

4 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

AJ is so stealthy she does her hiding spot breathing while being chased by Jason in the open when he gets close instead of saying "please no!"  Seems to be only her that does that.

Weird, because in my game she screams very loud lol same when Jason breaks the energy box. 

2 hours ago, kitcat said:

Weird, because in my game she screams very loud lol same when Jason breaks the energy box. 

She does that in my game too, as well as her cool cry, but I was talking about when Jason is chasing her outside and he shifts near her to grab her or something.  She just breathes in and out rapidly like she does in a hiding spot before attempting to run away.