Sign in to follow this  
Mark K

Werewolf game

I have always been a fan of the carnivorous lunar creatures, and aside from the vampires "Barlow" from Salem's Lot and Christopher Lees Dracula, love 'em more than vampires. Being from Michigan (Michigan Dogman) that's a gimme. "An American Werewolf In London" was always my favorite werewolf, followed closely by "The Howling". I always said, the perfect werewolf, would be "Londons", if he could stand bipedally, or be on all fours like the film. Now imagine that as Your Character in an open world, story driven, lunar cycled, video game form! Modern day or Victorian/Colonial era, with upgradable skill sets, and consequences on you, when you revert back to human form. Could be very interesting indeed! "Lycanthrope" or "Damned by Moonlight" for the title.

Wow, no biters huh? Ok, I'll elaborate. We're not talking Skyrim here, but an intense, thriller based game where you actually feel the curse. The focus being on the loneliness, misery, of you the character. Similar to how the Hulk was back in the 70's tv show. A good nights sleep is unattainable unless you can defeat a nightmare minigame dream sequence every time you rest, etc. things like that. Relationships are reluctant at best, as most end up ripped apart. Something along those lines. Maybe it's just me, but I still love the old world horror, and sadly, very little, if any, has been done right in game form.

Considering werewolves are so generic, and mainstream. I don't think this would be trending in today's generation. It wouldn't sell well.

Considering werewolves are so generic, and mainstream. I don't think this would be trending in today's generation. It wouldn't sell well.

You could be right, but the foreign independant game "Vampyre" is getting some love, why not give the howlers their due? Unfortunately, all the old school monsters have been mistreated in game form. Not sticking to legend, lore, or locale has become the norm, resulting in garbage offerings. Few exceptions there, (Vampire:Redemption comes to mind). I think an eerie fog filled 17th or 18th century setting, set with good story and gameplay, minus the steampunk, would fare well. Maybe "An American Werewolf" prequel of sorts, in the vein of "Werewolf" the Tv series, but handled more seriously.