Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chace Hollett

Jason closing doors

16 posts in this topic

I would really like to see this. You could get the surprise on so many counselors!

Trick players to think your not in the cabin, or delaying them by causing them to waste a few seconds trying to open the door.  This would be more useful early game and punish the players who don’t like to lock doors.

On 11/13/2017 at 11:11 AM, Truth said:

I can't think of a situation that would really help...

One of my favorite things to do is Shift/Stalk inside buildings and wait. Being able to close doors and give people some legit jumps excites me. :D

As someone who naturally loves to hide and scare people in real life, being able to close doors as Jason really resonates with me.

It's also a tactic I use as a counselor against Jason which is also why it feels right. 

In certain houses I'll close some doors and leave others open to lead Jason to where I need him to be. 

If Jason could close doors he'd be able to subtly force/trick counselors into a desired position.

I say 100% yes!

8 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

One of my favorite things to do is Shift/Stalk inside buildings and wait.

Great move! That guy deserved it.

2 people like this

14 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

One of my favorite things to do is Shift/Stalk inside buildings and wait. Being able to close doors and give people some legit jumps excites me. :D

oh shit that was awesome dude. How often does this type of thing work?

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

That was pretty good!

I guess in certain situations it would help for jump scares. But in my opinion, you're going to spend more time just standing around waiting for it to work than actually getting the kills. To each his own though. It clearly works for you.

1 hour ago, Punisher_2099 said:

oh shit that was awesome dude. How often does this type of thing work?

The really good ones (like in the video) do tend to happen more rarely, with situations like "counselor goes through window while Jason saunters up" definitely happening more frequently. (Although it's been my experience that the real spookies are worth the wait. >:})

I'm about to head out to work soon, but I'll slap together a compilation of some of my favorites for any of you guys interested later. Worth a few laughs! ᵔᴥᵔ

1 minute ago, Hal Bailman said:

The really good ones (like in the video) do tend to happen more rarely, with situations like "counselor goes through window while Jason saunters up" definitely happening more frequently. (Although it's been my experience that the real spookies are worth the wait. >:})

I'm about to head out to work soon, but I'll slap together a compilation of some of my favorites for any of you guys interested later. Worth a few laughs! ᵔᴥᵔ

please. I love watching those videos!

9 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

please. I love watching those videos!

Here you go! My personal favorite is the one that happens roughly halfway in, which I always refer to as the Thematic Spooky™. Haha. ᵔᴥᵔ

2 people like this

That's real Jason work right there.

4 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

My personal favorite is the one that happens roughly halfway in, which I always refer to as the Thematic Spooky™. Haha. ᵔᴥᵔ

R u talking about the AJ with the flare gun from behind? That's my favorite. 

They're all good though. There's no such thing as a bad Stalk kill.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

That's real Jason work right there.

R u talking about the AJ with the flare gun from behind? That's my favorite. 

They're all good though. There's no such thing as a bad Stalk kill.

Thank you! And that's the one! Just the entire atmosphere of that one in particular. 

9 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

Here you go! My personal favorite is the one that happens roughly halfway in, which I always refer to as the Thematic Spooky™. Haha. ᵔᴥᵔ

awesome!

We do need Jason to have the ability to close doors. It only makes realistic sense. Additionally, he should be able to unlock and un-bar doors from the inside without having to chop them down. For all of this to work Stalk needs a considerable buff across the board so it can be used for longer while moving. The reason people save it for Shift is because it's so short while moving. It makes Jason overly reliant on the Shift ability.

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Additionally, he should be able to unlock and un-bar doors from the inside without having to chop them down.

I completely disagree with this. They don't allow it for a reason. Closing doors is one thing, but unlocking and removing barricades would make it too easy to charge through cabins. I'd say maybe decrease the number of hits it takes on a barricaded door when you're inside the cabin if anything. Or maybe even allow him to break the barricade itself in a few hits then be able to open the door. I get that realistically he could just move the barricade, but for balance purposes it wouldn't work out. Reducing the number of hits from the inside, or breaking the barricade itself wouldn't be too drastic of a change.

1 person likes this