WashingtonJones

Grab range indicator

15 posts in this topic

Let's say the grab mechanics stay the way they are.

Right now, the grab mechanics (not counting the close range problem) are set a little more realistically, which causes perspective issues (you see yourself closer than you are) causing you to whiff.  

So instead of extending the range again, what about adding an indicator instead?

It would be the little hand icon CCbxLf3.jpg glowing when Jason's within grab range.

There is a little hand icon to the right of the abilities panel but I don't think it glows or anything when you're in grab range. I think they should make that flash or glow or pulse so people know when to grab.

Yes that's what I meant. I should've inserted a picture.  

[Edit] I added the pic

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

There is a little hand icon to the right of the abilities panel but I don't think it glows or anything when you're in grab range. I think they should make that flash or glow or pulse so people know when to grab.

I'm pretty sure it glows, it's just not that noticeable since you'd be looking centre screen. 

I think what Jones is trying to say is that they should add the indicator to the middle of the screen when within grab range, like when grabbing someone out the car/boat. 

That's a pretty simple solution. I feel like that would be good to add regardless of grab range. Let's face it, it couldn't hurt...

It already flashes and glows.  It is just hard to watch it and the counselor at the same time since the indicator is pretty small. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It already flashes and glows.  It is just hard to watch it and the counselor at the same time since the indicator is pretty small. 

If you are correct, the current version is not enough. It should be made more apparent.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If you are correct, the current version is not enough. It should be made more apparent.

It isnt very bright either.  A lot of players don't even know that it is there.  With the current state of the game, it should be bigger and brighter.  Hard to take your eyes off a sprinting counselor to see that indicator on when to grab. 

Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

It isnt very bright either.  A lot of players don't even know that it is there.  With the current state of the game, it should be bigger and brighter.  Hard to take your eyes off a sprinting counselor to see that indicator on when to grab. 

It may not immediately trigger when counselors are in range either. It might have a delay. I looked through some footage of mine and I couldn't see it change brightness or anything at all. Maybe I grabbed the moment they came into range.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It may not immediately trigger when counselors are in range either. It might have a delay. I looked through some footage of mine and I couldn't see it change brightness or anything at all. Maybe I grabbed the moment they came into range.

I just checked it with the help of a friend.  It definitely glows a little brighter and flashes.  Still kinda hard to see though.  No way effective to use while chasing.  

5 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I'm level 101 and had no clue...

On 13/11/2017 at 5:25 PM, WashingtonJones said:

Let's say the grab mechanics stay the way they are.

Right now, the grab mechanics (not counting the close range problem) are set a little more realistically, which causes perspective issues (you see yourself closer than you are) causing you to whiff.  

So instead of extending the range again, what about adding an indicator instead?

It would be the little hand icon CCbxLf3.jpg glowing when Jason's within grab range.

I never knew that but thanks for telling me

2 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

I never knew that but thanks for telling me

Neither did I. I'm gonna have to search through some videos and see what happens. 

23 hours ago, Alcanx said:

I think what Jones is trying to say is that they should add the indicator to the middle of the screen when within grab range, like when grabbing someone out the car/boat. 

Actually I was thinking about it being off to the side, but bright enough to see in your peripheral. I'm not sure if that would work, so it might have to go in the middle.  

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

Neither did I. I'm gonna have to search through some videos and see what happens. 

Actually I was thinking about it being off to the side, but bright enough to see in your peripheral. I'm not sure if that would work, so it might have to go in the middle.  

Ok

Ok it does glow.

It doesn't seem to glow when you're going in for a shift grab, but that's hard to tell. It pulsates, so when you're within grab range the hand indicator starts to fade up and down. 

It shouldn't fade up. It should be very bright and turn on abruptly and stay on until the grab is made or the counselor goes out of range.

I can't believe none of us knew about this.

1 person likes this