8 hours ago, Chace Hollett said:

How is part 9 Jason like part 6? Part 6 comes with throwing knives, part 6 has a sense strength. The only similarities are shift and maybe health. Part 6 has less health but part 9 has even less.

Whoops, I rechecked their stats and see that I was mistaken. Thought Part 9 had a +Sense like Part 6, but it was +Stalk. I was going based strictly on their abilities, excluding the traps and throwing knives. Part 9 still comes out looking better based on that alone, not having any negatives on abilities, but he isn't as similar to Part 6 like I originally thought.

I main Part 9, and I think he's actually the best Jason in the game.

He's the only Jason to have a boost to one of his mobility abilities (Shift) and not a negative to the other (Morph) unlike Parts 2 and 6. This gives him the best map control of any Jason in the game, and makes him an absolute terror in terms of catching counselors outdoors.

This is complimented by having a Stalk increase, which means all of his frequent Shifts become deadly Stalk-Shifts.

He's also the only Jason with a Stun Defence. Having a HP weakness is supposed to be the drawback to this, but unless you're pretty bad, you're not getting killed, so this is essentially a great combat bonus with no real corresponding downside.

Walking isn't a weakness, it's a baseline.

-Traps in the current metagame means nothing. They're essentially just intruder alarms to let you know an objective is under attack. Due to part marking ensuring the objective will be constantly attacked until you kill everyone in the area, and the abundance of health sprays and Medic use making trap tanking trivial, re-trapping is relatively pointless. You just need to know people are going for an objective, and 3 is a fine number for that,

Looks-wise, I actually like the design of Part 9. The film he was (barely) in was awful of course, but he looks great, and only the game should count.

His music is fantastic. Up there with Part 4 and Savini for best chase music.

The only mediocre thing about him I think is that his weapon doesn't suit him, and his unique kills are just ok. There's Jasons with worse kills (2 and 3 spring to mind) and Jasons with better ones (Part 4 especially). When he gets his kill DLC, that should bump that up a notch, so literally the only thing I'm not a huge fan of is his axe, but even that I find ok.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MunchmaBunz said:

As a player, he's great. Aesthetically..I just can't get over the Canadian Tuxedo. 

Image result for canadian tuxedo

Now I know why his outfit bothered me so much...

24 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

I have never escaped a part 4 Jason so IDK why everyone says 4 is horrible

That may be due to experience rather than the Jason itself. You can’t unlock him until level 44 (or thereabouts).  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

He's the only Jason to have a boost to one of his mobility abilities (Shift) and not a negative to the other (Morph) unlike Parts 2 and 6. This gives him the best map control of any Jason in the game, and makes him an absolute terror in terms of catching counselors outdoors.

This is complimented by having a Stalk increase, which means all of his frequent Shifts become deadly Stalk-Shifts.

He's also the only Jason with a Stun Defence. Having a HP weakness is supposed to be the drawback to this, but unless you're pretty bad, you're not getting killed, so this is essentially a great combat bonus with no real corresponding downside.

Walking isn't a weakness, it's a baseline.

-Traps in the current metagame means nothing. They're essentially just intruder alarms to let you know an objective is under attack. Due to part marking ensuring the objective will be constantly attacked until you kill everyone in the area, and the abundance of health sprays and Medic use making trap tanking trivial, re-trapping is relatively pointless. You just need to know people are going for an objective, and 3 is a fine number for that,

Looks-wise, I actually like the design of Part 9. The film he was (barely) in was awful of course, but he looks great, and only the game should count.

His music is fantastic. Up there with Part 4 and Savini for best chase music.

The only mediocre thing about him I think is that his weapon doesn't suit him, and his unique kills are just ok. There's Jasons with worse kills (2 and 3 spring to mind) and Jasons with better ones (Part 4 especially). When he gets his kill DLC, that should bump that up a notch, so literally the only thing I'm not a huge fan of is his axe, but even that I find ok.

So basically what you are saying is that Savini is better in every single way?

For maining Part 9 its a little surprising you don't know that stun resistance never has and still doesn't work.

Traps are actually stronger than they used to be so even if they are just intruder alarms its better to have more of them instead of less.

16 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Savini Jason would like to have a word with you.

1 hour ago, Jawbone said:

So basically what you are saying is that Savini is better in every single way?

For maining Part 9 its a little surprising you don't know that stun resistance never has and still doesn't work.

Traps are actually stronger than they used to be so even if they are just intruder alarms its better to have more of them instead of less.

Savini Jason is obviously excluded from most debates as he's an exclusive character. Typing 'non-Savini Jason' in multiple topics is boring and redundant, and something only pedants care about. Everyone else knows what you're getting at.

Yes, I know Stun Resistance doesn't currently work, but it's still part of the character's build regardless, and I treat it as a positive as it'll eventually get fixed. He's still the best *non-Savini Jason* even without it.

Happy?

18 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I agree with most of what you said in the post, but this not so much. Parts marking isn't the reason why Traps are less effective now, because any lobby that communicated pre-patch would often know where parts had been left anyway. They would also carry them to objectives at once, at least dropping them there if not also repairing. They wouldn't get lost all over the map like in random lobbies. So the issue of objectives constantly being attacked always existed, and multi-trapping was the best defense against this. As J9 I would always dump all 3 traps at phone and then just patrol the remaining objectives. It was a good strategy, especially with +Shift in case any car got started. Now only 1 trap can defend phone box and can't be reliably re-trapped, so you just have to camp it more. Parts marking mainly just helps to bring random lobbies more in line with coordinated ones.

Also it's a fair mistake but neither Stun Resistance or Less Hit Points actually works as far as I know. This was determined through extensive testing a while back. J9 is perfectly usable without Stun Resistance anyhow.

Definitely with you on the weapon too. I wish they hadn't used it for Part 9. It just isn't a good fit for him IMO.

26 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Also it's a fair mistake but neither Stun Resistance or Less Hit Points actually works as far as I know. This was determined through extensive testing a while back. J9 is perfectly usable without Stun Resistance anyhow.

Definitely with you on the weapon too. I wish they hadn't used it for Part 9. It just isn't a good fit for him IMO.

Stun Resistance strengths/weaknesses haven't been fixed yet from what I know, but regarding Part 9's HP weakness that was actually patched back in 10/11/17. The problem is that hit boxes tend to be wonky, so if counselor attacks are simply failing to connect then it would make sense why people don't think that weakness works.

Personally, until hit boxes are patched to be smooth, I perosonally believe RNG plays a bit of a role with demasking Jason as well. He does need to take damage, but I've seen cases where Kenny manages to demask Jason in three hits while an Adam took four. Not counting the possibility of Jason being damaged earlier, I have to wonder if there's something that affects Jason taking more damage. Maybe headshots?

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but the weapon Kenny/Adam used was a machete. Regarding the axe, it typically takes about two solid hits on the noggin if you're a high strength counselor like Buggzy from what I've seen.

Edited by Trident77

41 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Savini Jason is obviously excluded from most debates as he's an exclusive character. Typing 'non-Savini Jason' in multiple topics is boring and redundant, and something only pedants care about. Everyone else knows what you're getting at.

Yes, I know Stun Resistance doesn't currently work, but it's still part of the character's build regardless, and I treat it as a positive as it'll eventually get fixed. He's still the best *non-Savini Jason* even without it.

Happy?

Ehh. Maybe against people who don't stick together or fight back. I'd argue Part 3 is still the best currently. Weapon strength for groups, running for securing early kills, grip strength if you want some flashier kills besides choke or headpunch.. -sense is pointless since you can just spam it on and off, -stalk doesn't really matter either, and -stun could still be pointless when fixed unless its a huge number that works through block. Stock morph and shift are more than enough to inflict some serious damage and traps to let you know when people are converging on objectives.

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

Stun Resistance strengths/weaknesses haven't been fixed yet from what I know, but regarding Part 9's HP weakness that was actually patched back in 10/11/17. The problem is that hit boxes tend to be wonky, so if counselor attacks are simply failing to connect then it would make sense why people don't think that weakness works.

Good to know about Less HP, I'll put it on the list to test out myself. Definitely agree about the hit detection in this game, it can get quite frustrating in combat as those issues occur constantly. Really hoping there's improvement in that area soon. 

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

Personally, until hit boxes are patched to be smooth, I perosonally believe RNG plays a bit of a role with demasking Jason as well. He does need to take damage, but I've seen cases where Kenny manages to demask Jason in three hits while an Adam took four. Not counting the possibility of Jason being damaged earlier, I have to wonder if there's something that affects Jason taking more damage. Maybe headshots?

There is a level of RNG to it, but I believe there might also be a level of inconsistency to it as with many things in the game. It is hard to tell which it is sometimes. I do recall playing a match where Jason sustained an extraordinary amount of hits before his mask finally came off, but I would have to find the video to determine if it was for any good reason.

I personally doubt whether demask (assuming it is working correctly) has any factors beyond RNG, Strength stat and weapon damage though. But perhaps.

I'm pretty sure Less HP is working.

I main Buggzy, and try to kill Jason most matches. With a Machette, and the RNG, it usually takes a minimum of 3 hits to demask Jason.

I've demasked Part 9 in 2 hits a number of times. Something I can't say about any other Jason.

1 minute ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I'm pretty sure Less HP is working.

I main Buggzy, and try to kill Jason most matches. With a Machette, and the RNG, it usually takes a minimum of 3 hits to demask Jason.

I've demasked Part 9 in 2 hits a number of times. Something I can't say about any other Jason.

I got part 2 demasked in 1 hit once. Just have the right perks and RNGesus was on my side. Unfortunately It was just me and my buddy fucking around in a private lobby...