Guy

Future DLC: Retaining immersion.

39 posts in this topic

I couldn't have said it better. I think the Halloween costumes were great, but only for Halloween. I'd just like more casual 80's style clothing.

I love the costumes and clothing.   Love playing as Jason and chasing down someone in a costume.   Debby in a Bunny out fit "RUN RABBIT RUN!

Costumes do not brake immersion for me.  To me its just clothing and costumes and not a big deal. (Some of you seem to think its ruins immersion)

So i have a suggestion.   Give players option to toggle outfits.  "Players choice and YOUR choice"  That only effects what they see on their screen

If you choose Players Choice.. Its the same as it is now.  Everyone gets to choose what they wear. 

If you choose YOUR choice.  The campers will wear what ever you have your campers wearing.  And that would mean the 'OMG thats breaking immersion" Crowd will not longer have anything to complain about.

And That would also mean they could see what ever they want as clothing and costumes.

To be honest, I'm so sick of the outfits we have in-game. I love, love, looooove customization and it's really annoying when I see my counselor wearing the same damn clothes every match lol I'm sick of AJ's skirts. She needs some leather. I'm sick of Tiffany's booty, I want her to wear some pants!! (sorry lads)

Same thing with hair customization. I mean, CMON DEVS! We can change the color of the hair/haircut even in online-or-girly-or-cheap-games with 0 graphics. 

And PRETTY PLEASE, we need Camp Crystal Lake's uniforms for the counselors. That's a must.

I don't care about Christmas outfits, but winter clothing would be nice :)

PLEASE I NEED A LEATHER JACKET FOR MY AJ!!!!! She's so jealous of Foxy right now!!!!

Okay, I'll calm down. 

1 person likes this

Really, any type of clothing is fine. 

Teenagers using the camps weren't always there to be counselors. In Part 4 they were renting the house across from the Jarvis's just to party. 

The only thing I would say is to update the Spring Break pack adding flip-flops for their feet. Or blood. You can't run around the woods barefoot without getting all cut up.

See I don't think NES Jason is anti immersion.

He could be quite scary in the NES game, since he always popped out of a random room in a cabin or out in the middle of the road or woods. Especially when the map would change to night time, since the NES game had actual day/dusk/night transitions.

That jump scare music was pretty scary. They should add some variation of that for him when he comes out of Stalk.

But to each is own. The cabin theme also became a cult hit. But to each is own.

Hopefully they make him look more like the game version.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Really, any type of clothing is fine. 

Teenagers using the camps weren't always there to be counselors. In Part 4 they were renting the house across from the Jarvis's just to party. 

The only thing I would say is to update the Spring Break pack adding flip-flops for their feet. Or blood. You can't run around the woods barefoot without getting all cut up.

Although I don't agree with you on the "any type of clothing is fine", I actually agree with you about adding flip-flops to swim-suit DLC costumes. Sure would hurt as hell running around bare-footed in the woods!!!

Jason as santa :)

No, I think all these DLCs have made the game more stupid looking. A blue smurf Jason chases a bunny with 8 bit music.

I would like it more scary, but I can live with it.

@tyrant666

I like the idea of NES Jason but I don't like how he was implimented. The Mitch Murder track is fucking awful. :lol: The original game had a fairly straight-forward, two-note, JAWS knock off that worked much better. 

I think NES Jason should've came with unique stats, unique kills (at least one) and a unique look. Part 3 looks stupid in purple and green to me. They needed to make this Jason their own- retain the concept but add some grit. More than anything though, the terrible music is what ruins the immersion for me. It's not even slightly suspenseful or intimidating.

Когда наконец сделают так,чтоб другие не вякали,нажимаешь заглушить,а их все равно бывает что слышно! Пусть это исправят!

5 hours ago, Brevator said:

Games are supposed to be fun.

Care to elaborate?

On 2017-11-15 at 1:33 PM, bewareofbears said:

@tyrant666

I like the idea of NES Jason but I don't like how he was implimented. The Mitch Murder track is fucking awful. :lol: The original game had a fairly straight-forward, two-note, JAWS knock off that worked much better. 

I think NES Jason should've came with unique stats, unique kills (at least one) and a unique look. Part 3 looks stupid in purple and green to me. They needed to make this Jason their own- retain the concept but add some grit. More than anything though, the terrible music is what ruins the immersion for me. It's not even slightly suspenseful or intimidating.

Wasn't Retro Jason supposed to have one unique kill?

Maybe that's what they're gonna add in the Purple Jason overhaul. 

Anyway, another response to the thread title...the only way to lose immersion is by fucking with Jason. 

You can really add anything to the mix when it comes to counselors, as long as you keep Jason grounded. 

And I also think this game could be stretched a little bit more. What's wrong with "what if" scenarios? In a sense I'm not necessarily interested in an F13 game being like the movies as much as I'm interested in Jason feeling like he's from the movies. You can also build a case that crazy "what if" scenarios are part of the fabric of the franchise, citing Fridays 7, 8, X and FvJ.  (You can't count 9. It tore the fabric.)

People shoot down this idea all the time but I think (in the same vein of Savini Jason) that there should be more creative concepts, or at least something fun that never happened in a movie. 

Maybe have a single player mode where you run around, terrorizing a 1980s Manhattan and just kill people GTA style. Fuck it. Plenty of games have ripped off GTA and they were great. Maybe you can add little missions or maybe it's just pointless fun.

Or an 80s Manhattan map. But a real part of the city where shit goes down. You get to deal with 80s New Yorkers. The shit talking would be hysterical!!!

Or a fleshed out NES map.

Who knows? I guess maps are hard to make.

Maybe they should make a sequel.

4 hours ago, Honkytonkgamer said:

Wasn't Retro Jason supposed to have one unique kill?

That's what was said, then retracted.