Alcanx

Apply the car-grab animation to windows and furniture.

30 posts in this topic

Apply the animation of dragging someone out of the car to windows and furniture, this would prevent people from hitting Jason through windows and running around tables/sofas. 

I'm a kiter and whilst I don't play ring-around-the-rosie, I do hit Jason through windows. His stun times are so low that it doesn't really do anything for me other than regen stamina (which I can get via hitting him when he breaks the door). I mostly just do it because... well, I can. 

If Jason breaks a window and a councilor is standing too close, he should get a 'grab' prompt wich allows him to drag them out car-grab style. There's already an animation for it, so why not utilise it some more? 

In DbD, the killer can 'catch' people climbing through windows/vaulting over pallets. Instead of having an invisible wall that prevents Jason from touching a councilor that's slowly climbing through a window, give him a prompt to grab them mid-climb. This would cause more people to jump through windows instead of leasurely crawling in as Jason watches, unable to act.

Another (perhaps less viable) idea was to apply the same to furniture. instead of having Jason be able to break it, he simple drags the councilor over it if they're close enough. 

 

10 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a great idea. After all, 'killer grabs unsuspecting victim through the window' is such a horror cliche, it totally belongs in the game. It could even be used to grab careless counsellors who are near the windows when Jason is in stalk mode.

As for the furniture, again, the victims running around a table to try and avoid the killer fits the whole slasher movie thing, but it'd be nice if Jason could either grab them over them, or my personal preference, flip the table/furniture out of the way, but I guess that'd be a lot of programming/extra work/physics involved.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Veevleigh said:

I think this is a great idea. After all, 'killer grabs unsuspecting victim through the window' is such a horror cliche, it totally belongs in the game. It could even be used to grab careless counsellors who are near the windows when Jason is in stalk mode.

As for the furniture, again, the victims running around a table to try and avoid the killer fits the whole slasher movie thing, but it'd be nice if Jason could either grab them over them, or my personal preference, flip the table/furniture out of the way, but I guess that'd be a lot of programming/extra work/physics involved.

I would have suggested being able to flip/break furniture, but I remember the devs saying previously that it would be hard to program/cause lag depending on how much furniture he destroyed at a time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

I would have suggested being able to flip/break furniture, but I remember the devs saying previously that it would be hard to program/cause lag depending on how much furniture he destroyed at a time. 

 

That makes sense to be honest. Especially for flipping furniture, the game would have to calculate the physics of where it flies, and then it'd have to have a 'physical' presence right, and could block entire pathways and mess stuff up, so I understand that, as much of a neat feature as it would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, one of the best suggestions I have seen in a while. They created an animation to smash it, why not to grab someone? It could prevent a lot of window-hopping kiters from dragging out matches and make them focus on objectives. This is an idea I mentioned a while back, as well as numerous others. 

Only issue I see here is if you are being chased, hop through a window, do you immediately get grabbed before you can move after the slow getting up animation? That could be pretty bogus. There needs to be some sort of a counterbalance or stipulation if applied. Otherwise you will rarely be able to outrun him. I am only playing devil's advocate here.

Although I love the idea of grabbing campers through windows as Jason did numerous times throughout the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Only issue I see here is if you are being chased, hop through a window, do you immediately get grabbed before you can move after the slow getting up animation? That could be pretty bogus. There needs to be some sort of a counterbalance or stipulation if applied. Otherwise you will rarely be able to outrun him. I am only playing devil's advocate here.

If you jump through, there would be a moment where the 'grab' indicator wouldn't appear, giving you time to run. If you slowly climb through, then he could grab you out of the animation or through the window if you linger. 

He would also have to smash the window before he could grab through it, giving him both enough room to fit through and to prevent interfearence with the window-smash prompt. He should be able to grab a councilor mid-animation on a non-broken window, though, only if they do the slow crawl. 

And yeah, window grab + stalk could make for some pretty great jumpscares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alcanx said:

If you jump through, there would be a moment where the 'grab' indicator wouldn't appear, giving you time to run. If you slowly climb through, then he could grab you out of the animation or through the window if you linger. 

He would also have to smash the window before he could grab through it, giving him both enough room to fit through and to prevent interfearence with the window-smash prompt. He should be able to grab a councilor mid-animation on a non-broken window, though, only if they do the slow crawl. 

And yeah, window grab + stalk could make for some pretty great jumpscares. 

The way I would do it is:

Out of stalk mode: Only broken windows

In stalk mode: Any window(even shuttered ones)

Diving through a window does have a 1 second delay after completing the animation for getting back on your feet before the grab indicator appears, but climbing does not.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The way I would do it is:

Out of stalk mode: Only broken windows

In stalk mode: Any window(even shuttered ones)

The reason I said windows would have to be broken is so that the grab indicator doesn't glitch/interfere with the window-break prompt. Lets face it, the game doesn't have the best coding lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FB_IMG_1507899977491.jpg.f8f5faa3247f36e2b0644f4951ff76db.jpg

8 hours ago, Alcanx said:

Apply the animation of dragging someone out of the car to windows and furniture, this would prevent people from hitting Jason through windows and running around tables/sofas. 

I'm a kiter and whilst I don't play ring-around-the-rosie, I do hit Jason through windows. His stun times are so low that it doesn't really do anything for me other than regen stamina (which I can get via hitting him when he breaks the door). I mostly just do it because... well, I can. 

If Jason breaks a window and a councilor is standing too close, he should get a 'grab' prompt wich allows him to drag them out car-grab style. There's already an animation for it, so why not utilise it some more? 

In DbD, the killer can 'catch' people climbing through windows/vaulting over pallets. Instead of having an invisible wall that prevents Jason from touching a councilor that's slowly climbing through a window, give him a prompt to grab them mid-climb. This would cause more people to jump through windows instead of leasurely crawling in as Jason watches, unable to act.

Another (perhaps less viable) idea was to apply the same to furniture. instead of having Jason be able to break it, he simple drags the councilor over it if they're close enough. 

 

Great idea! I can already hear Jason squealing with excitement if/when this goes live ?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should def be certain house items a Jason can press X and grab you over, and also if you are too close to the window, he should be able to grab you through it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbing someone out of a window should definitely be an option. What if they simply added an automatic step forward to the window climbing animation, thus putting the counselor out of immediate grab range. That way, counselors wouldn't get screwed every time they've got Jason hot on their tails, but if they decide to move right up to windows to taunt or attack Jason afterwards, they'd be fair game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Alcanx said:

Apply the animation of dragging someone out of the car to windows and furniture, this would prevent people from hitting Jason through windows and running around tables/sofas. 

I'm a kiter and whilst I don't play ring-around-the-rosie, I do hit Jason through windows. His stun times are so low that it doesn't really do anything for me other than regen stamina (which I can get via hitting him when he breaks the door). I mostly just do it because... well, I can. 

If Jason breaks a window and a councilor is standing too close, he should get a 'grab' prompt wich allows him to drag them out car-grab style. There's already an animation for it, so why not utilise it some more? 

In DbD, the killer can 'catch' people climbing through windows/vaulting over pallets. Instead of having an invisible wall that prevents Jason from touching a councilor that's slowly climbing through a window, give him a prompt to grab them mid-climb. This would cause more people to jump through windows instead of leasurely crawling in as Jason watches, unable to act.

Another (perhaps less viable) idea was to apply the same to furniture. instead of having Jason be able to break it, he simple drags the councilor over it if they're close enough. 

 

Sorry but I'm not a fan of the idea but hey if the team like it then........ it can be in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Veevleigh said:

I think this is a great idea. After all, 'killer grabs unsuspecting victim through the window' is such a horror cliche, it totally belongs in the game. It could even be used to grab careless counsellors who are near the windows when Jason is in stalk mode.

As for the furniture, again, the victims running around a table to try and avoid the killer fits the whole slasher movie thing, but it'd be nice if Jason could either grab them over them, or my personal preference, flip the table/furniture out of the way, but I guess that'd be a lot of programming/extra work/physics involved.

Holy shit this would be awesome!!!!! I want to recreate part 2 grabbing through the window and like in the remake! It would make counselors think twice about going near windows.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you throw yourself through the window, you land a fair distance from it, right (and the character turns to see what's going on), so you should be out of his grab range, but if you climb through, I'd say it's fair game to get caught. With Jason on your tail then, it's much riskier to not just dive through the window. It'd be about weighing up the damage taken against the chance of being grabbed, right?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Veevleigh said:

If you throw yourself through the window, you land a fair distance from it, right (and the character turns to see what's going on), so you should be out of his grab range, but if you climb through, I'd say it's fair game to get caught. With Jason on your tail then, it's much riskier to not just dive through the window. It'd be about weighing up the damage taken against the chance of being grabbed, right?

Yes, exactly this. If you vault through you'd get a couple seconds immunity from the grab in order to get out of the grab range, but if you chose to crawl through with Jason hot on your trail then you're as good as dead. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 7:16 PM, Alcanx said:

If you jump through, there would be a moment where the 'grab' indicator wouldn't appear, giving you time to run. If you slowly climb through, then he could grab you out of the animation or through the window if you linger. 

He would also have to smash the window before he could grab through it, giving him both enough room to fit through and to prevent interfearence with the window-smash prompt. He should be able to grab a councilor mid-animation on a non-broken window, though, only if they do the slow crawl. 

And yeah, window grab + stalk could make for some pretty great jumpscares. 

About the need to smash window before grabbing: Nah, I'd be happy if Jason could just reach through the window and grab them, but great idea with the jump through mechanics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have to chase someone around a couch, car, or play that game where they go in and out of a window fifty times for any longer than five minutes, a glowing perk should appear, and when you walk through it, it gives you the mini gun from Call of Duty zombies and you get to mow down the counselor for thirteen seconds . Please put this in the game. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Yayson said:

About the need to smash window before grabbing: Nah, I'd be happy if Jason could just reach through the window and grab them, but great idea with the jump through mechanics!

Me too honestly, as long as the window had been opened, but I feel like with the games current record of glitches, the window-break prompt would interfere with the grab prompt aha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Groovalicious666 said:

Window and wall kills......

...What about them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Alcanx said:

Apply the animation of dragging someone out of the car to windows and furniture, this would prevent people from hitting Jason through windows and running around tables/sofas. 

I'm a kiter and whilst I don't play ring-around-the-rosie, I do hit Jason through windows. His stun times are so low that it doesn't really do anything for me other than regen stamina (which I can get via hitting him when he breaks the door). I mostly just do it because... well, I can. 

If Jason breaks a window and a councilor is standing too close, he should get a 'grab' prompt wich allows him to drag them out car-grab style. There's already an animation for it, so why not utilise it some more? 

In DbD, the killer can 'catch' people climbing through windows/vaulting over pallets. Instead of having an invisible wall that prevents Jason from touching a councilor that's slowly climbing through a window, give him a prompt to grab them mid-climb. This would cause more people to jump through windows instead of leasurely crawling in as Jason watches, unable to act.

Another (perhaps less viable) idea was to apply the same to furniture. instead of having Jason be able to break it, he simple drags the councilor over it if they're close enough. 

 

Great idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now