bjoernsen80

This is the most unfun Game i've ever played!

53 posts in this topic

Every Game I play (on PS4) it's either:

-the Host is leaving after he dies and therefore ruining the fun for all the others

-the Host is leaving because he is not Jason and ruining the fun for all others

-2-3 other people leaving because they are not Jason and making it harder for all others

-People teaming up with Jason as Counselor and ruining the fun of all others

-having very bad pings to the host making it impossible to play on a good level

 

This Game could be so good but it is actually the worst i played in a long time!

Why not have Servers / Hostmigration ?

Why do you allow Parties to be Jason or not having separate Session search for Jasons & Counselors ?

 

It's not like Friday the 13th is the first asymetrical Game out there...

There are lot of other Games who did at least the "how to avoid teamsters" thing right like Evolve, Dying Light, Dead by Daylight and so on. Why not learn from them?

At it's current state this game is not playable (at least on ps4) except you want to be sadistic to yourself.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, sorry you are having a bad time. Dedicated servers will be coming on line to consoles in the near future. This will alleviate a lot of the host quit problems and ping spikes during game play. 

As far as the other things listed. Sometimes you are going to run into people who want to ruin the experience for everyone else. It's unfortunate but a reality of online game play. I think once the servers are live that will take some of the players frustrations away. We are all in the same boat there and can sympathize. Just hang in there! 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JPops said:

As far as the other things listed. Sometimes you are going to run into people who want to ruin the experience for everyone else. It's unfortunate but a reality of online game play. I think once the servers are live that will take some of the players frustrations away. We are all in the same boat there and can sympathize. Just hang in there! 

Sure when Servers come (if they come) this will take away the Problem with bad pings and the leaving hosts.... but what is with the other Part? Sure you can say there are "some" people out there who want to ruin the fun... but it arn't just a few!

I played the whole evening yesterday. And out of 8 Games i had 4 games with 4 different teams of 2 people playing together as jason and counselor and they did not even try to hide that. That's 50% of the games i played yesterday!!! that's huuuge !!!

Why arn't the devs doing something against this? I mean there are ways to completely avoid number 3 & 4 of my points. Just seperate jason play completely from counselor play or at least from parties of 2 or more people. That would completely nullify teamsters and it would also avoid people from leaving because they did not become jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bjoernsen80 said:

Sure when Servers come (if they come) this will take away the Problem with bad pings and the leaving hosts.... but what is with the other Part? Sure you can say there are "some" people out there who want to ruin the fun... but it arn't just a few!

I played the whole evening yesterday. And out of 8 Games i had 4 games with 4 different teams of 2 people playing together as jason and counselor and they did not even try to hide that. That's 50% of the games i played yesterday!!! that's huuuge !!!

Why arn't the devs doing something against this? I mean there are ways to completely avoid number 3 & 4 of my points. Just seperate jason play completely from counselor play or at least from parties of 2 or more people. That would completely nullify teamsters and it would also avoid people from leaving because they did not become jason.

Join a community, play with decent people. Avoid the nonsense you've encountered in quick play. Problem solved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Join a community, play with decent people. Avoid the nonsense you've encountered in quick play. Problem solved. 

Even that seems glitchy lately. Got a good 6? Well, you'd better go private, because P2P isn't getting more than four of those in on the first pass, then the others have to rejoin before new players do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bjoernsen80 said:

 

I played the whole evening yesterday. And out of 8 Games i had 4 games with 4 different teams of 2 people playing together as jason and counselor and they did not even try to hide that. That's 50% of the games i played yesterday!!! that's huuuge !!!

 

Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Friday the 13th, you are just seeing a glimmer of what we have been putting up with since launch, but we also had Team killing, 30-40 minute wait times, glitch exploiters galore etc. the game may be a bit bad now, but it was FAR worse when it came to that sort of thing at launch.  What system do you play on? If you are on Xbox use teh match finder in the Game Hub, if you are on ps4, join a Community, PC i can't really suggest anything because I don't have it there.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bjoernsen80

As @lazerus_86 said, welcome to Friday the 13th: The Game. The only game where you have to play a game to play the game (and even then you may not complete the game). :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what would fix this?  Single player.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, auticus said:

You know what would fix this?  Single player.  

Are you sure about that?  Think about it.  Single player is going to require an extremely advanced AI in order to be fun, or replayable in any way.  Do you REALLY think that Illfonic is going to be able to pull that off?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kohagan said:

Join a community, play with decent people. Avoid the nonsense you've encountered in quick play. Problem solved. 

Exactly. This is what I do and have many decent people to play with and usually there is a few of them on at most times I'm on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bjoernsen80 said:

Why not have Servers / Hostmigration ?

Hopefully by the time the consoles get dedicated servers there will be enough servers around the world so you don't end being the only person in the lobby with a good ping. That's what it's like on PC. Unless it's 3am, all but a couple people in the lobbies are from South America. 

9 hours ago, bjoernsen80 said:

-People teaming up with Jason as Counselor and ruining the fun of all others

Why do you allow Parties to be Jason or not having separate Session search for Jasons & Counselors ?

It's not like Friday the 13th is the first asymetrical Game out there...

Multiplayer would have to be completely changed to fix these problems. Other games don't give you enough room to do these things but they're not doing what F13 is. 

8 hours ago, kohagan said:

Join a community, play with decent people. Avoid the nonsense you've encountered in quick play. Problem solved. 

That's more idealistic than realistic. Unless the majority of the lobby is in the party, ur still gonna have the same problems. It'll be a little more fun than playing alone, but not much of a solution. 

 

Single player is probably the best solution.

All we know now is multiplayer and that's all we can base our concepts on. There's gonna be different modes, bots, challenges, etc. For now I'm gonna ignore the all the armchair game programmers here on the forum and have faith it'll be at least good enough to make this a well rounded game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaelum said:

Are you sure about that?  Think about it.  Single player is going to require an extremely advanced AI in order to be fun, or replayable in any way.  Do you REALLY think that Illfonic is going to be able to pull that off?

Single player requiring an extremely advanced AI is only true if you want your single player game to mirror your multiplayer game.  I do not need this. 

Second - it doesn't need an advanced AI.  I am a game developer, and my thesis was on artificial intelligence.  You need the AI to be believable enough to have a fun game, not try to match what people do.  Not that AI is EASY ... but its not this super complicated thing that people try to make it out to be either in regards to a game such as this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, auticus said:

Single player requiring an extremely advanced AI is only true if you want your single player game to mirror your multiplayer game.  I do not need this. 

Second - it doesn't need an advanced AI.  I am a game developer, and my thesis was on artificial intelligence.  You need the AI to be believable enough to have a fun game, not try to match what people do.  Not that AI is EASY ... but its not this super complicated thing that people try to make it out to be either in regards to a game such as this.

Oh @auticus, you're like a beam of light breaking through the clouds. I had a feeling the AI wouldn't be too much of a problem, but I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. And neither do the rest of these guys. 

So yea @bjoernsen80, according to @auticus, my new educated friend....Single player will satisfy your Jason hunger and solve that lobby problem.

Also, auticus, there's a whole bunch of other threads that need your help too. You'll find them. They're everywhere!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, auticus said:

Single player requiring an extremely advanced AI is only true if you want your single player game to mirror your multiplayer game.  I do not need this. 

Second - it doesn't need an advanced AI.  I am a game developer, and my thesis was on artificial intelligence.  You need the AI to be believable enough to have a fun game, not try to match what people do.  Not that AI is EASY ... but its not this super complicated thing that people try to make it out to be either in regards to a game such as this.

I think what @Kaelum means is that if Illfonic/Gun can can barely code something like hit boxes; you think they're going to be able to create a WORKING AI? I'm not expecting much, to be honest.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, auticus said:

Second - it doesn't need an advanced AI.  I am a game developer, and my thesis was on artificial intelligence.  You need the AI to be believable enough to have a fun game, not try to match what people do.  Not that AI is EASY ... but its not this super complicated thing that people try to make it out to be either in regards to a game such as this.

It sounds like you would be comfortable with an AI engine that is somewhat similar to a sports game, which is extremely simple, very mechanical, and would have no replay value in this type of game.  Illfonic doesn’t even know how to to make a RNG more realistic, so that being Jason better reflects your player choice.  That issue that has existed since before the game was released, yet you believe that they will be able to create an AI engine that will be replayable hundreds, if not thousands of times?

An AI that will be able to declare an objective, follow way-points to achieve that objective, to completely change that objective should Jason be nearby, to not use game mechanics that humans could not otherwise use, and to do this for all 7  counselors at the same time.  There will be hundreds of rules,  many will be unique to a specific counselor, and others need to scale to the stats of the counselor.  I haven’t seen any indication that Illfonic will be able to pull off any part of that.  But, time will tell.

P.S. You might want to check out my About Me before you respond.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bjoernsen80 said:

Every Game I play (on PS4) it's either:

-the Host is leaving after he dies and therefore ruining the fun for all the others

-the Host is leaving because he is not Jason and ruining the fun for all others

-2-3 other people leaving because they are not Jason and making it harder for all others

-People teaming up with Jason as Counselor and ruining the fun of all others

-having very bad pings to the host making it impossible to play on a good level

 

This Game could be so good but it is actually the worst i played in a long time!

Why not have Servers / Hostmigration ?

Why do you allow Parties to be Jason or not having separate Session search for Jasons & Counselors ?

 

It's not like Friday the 13th is the first asymetrical Game out there...

There are lot of other Games who did at least the "how to avoid teamsters" thing right like Evolve, Dying Light, Dead by Daylight and so on. Why not learn from them?

At it's current state this game is not playable (at least on ps4) except you want to be sadistic to yourself.

I get exactly none of these issues but I only play private games. Join a club or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I've started doing most of the time now is I keep trying to join a match till it makes me the host, if I'm not host I just leave and try again until I am. I played 4 matches yesterday where I wasn't host and 3 of the 4 after I had sat there for almost the whole 20 minutes the host quit and I'd wasted my time. I see as many hosts playing as Jason who quit when most of the counselors escape as I do hosts who leave when they're a counselor and they die. Another thing I do when Im not host but playing as Jason is try to let the host live, I find they're more apt to stay till the match is over when they feel they'll get more xp . But that's hard to do sometimes if several people are using the same counselor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bjoernsen80 said:

Every Game I play (on PS4) it's either:

-the Host is leaving after he dies and therefore ruining the fun for all the others

-the Host is leaving because he is not Jason and ruining the fun for all others

-2-3 other people leaving because they are not Jason and making it harder for all others

-People teaming up with Jason as Counselor and ruining the fun of all others

-having very bad pings to the host making it impossible to play on a good level

 

This Game could be so good but it is actually the worst i played in a long time!

Why not have Servers / Hostmigration ?

Why do you allow Parties to be Jason or not having separate Session search for Jasons & Counselors ?

 

It's not like Friday the 13th is the first asymetrical Game out there...

There are lot of other Games who did at least the "how to avoid teamsters" thing right like Evolve, Dying Light, Dead by Daylight and so on. Why not learn from them?

At it's current state this game is not playable (at least on ps4) except you want to be sadistic to yourself.

Are you kidding this the funniest game I've played in awhile and I'm only 16 besides the sims 4 i take like 4 hours creating a household 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kaelum said:

It sounds like you would be comfortable with an AI engine that is somewhat similar to a sports game, which is extremely simple, very mechanical, and would have no replay value in this type of game.  Illfonic doesn’t even know how to to make a RNG more realistic, so that being Jason better reflects your player choice.  That issue that has existed since before the game was released, yet you believe that they will be able to create an AI engine that will be replayable hundreds, if not thousands of times?

An AI that will be able to declare an objective, follow way-points to achieve that objective, to completely change that objective should Jason be nearby, to not use game mechanics that humans could not otherwise use, and to do this for all 7  counselors at the same time.  There will be hundreds of rules,  many will be unique to a specific counselor, and others need to scale to the stats of the counselor.  I haven’t seen any indication that Illfonic will be able to pull off any part of that.  But, time will tell.

P.S. You might want to check out my About Me before you respond.

I've done this kind of AI in a handful of games.  Maybe the devs involved can't pull that off, I don't know what their capabilities are.  Unreal Engine has a vast array of developers that put out content ranging from new to veterans.  I'm just speaking in general that an AI for a game like this is not a super difficult task.  Time consuming testing, and getting the tables set up right to dictate AI Jason's behavior, absolutely.  I find most of the time in doing AI sits in the planning phase setting up your AI table and in the testing phase where test-driven development is key (and is also rarely done in my experience which boggles me).

I checked out your About me.  I started programming on a TRS-80 :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, auticus said:

I've done this kind of AI in a handful of games.  Maybe the devs involved can't pull that off, I don't know what their capabilities are.  Unreal Engine has a vast array of developers that put out content ranging from new to veterans.  I'm just speaking in general that an AI for a game like this is not a super difficult task.  Time consuming testing, and getting the tables set up right to dictate AI Jason's behavior, absolutely.  I find most of the time in doing AI sits in the planning phase setting up your AI table and in the testing phase where test-driven development is key (and is also rarely done in my experience which boggles me).

I checked out your About me.  I started programming on a TRS-80 :) 

@auticus Jason won’t have an AI, players will only have the option to play as Jason, for some very obvious reasons.  During their POC, they found it too complicated to make Jason play in a realistic way, and it would require the player to work with 6 AI counselors.  Controlling 6 pets would be nightmare.  On this flip side, giving each counselor a unique personality, the ability to achieve objectives, run, and escape, creates a better player experience.  On the AI side, they just need to make the counselors as efficient as possible, and add delays where a real person would make a decision.

Each counselor would need their own AI event table to define their personality, and a common AI event table for the things that they would all have in common.  The game has many stages that are very important to the game play.  I just don’t have any confidence in their ability to take all of these things into account.  Anywho, I do have a TRS-80 emulator that someone else created, and allows me to use all of my old floppies that I imported.  I even started working on creating my own Z80 emulator & TRS-80 sandbox in .NET.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13. November 2017 at 6:55 AM, Moe9999633 said:

Are you kidding this the funniest game I've played in awhile and I'm only 16 besides the sims 4 i take like 4 hours creating a household 

 

So it's fun for you when the things said above occur ? Can't understand this....

Yesterday 6 different hosts left game, in one game the host was jason and killed everyone except me. He couldn't get me so he just left. That's ridicolous. On Sunday i had a team of 3 british bricks playing together. when i realised it and came back as tommy jarvis i trolled the jason for 10 minutes in the same cabin. i knocked him out 10 times (broke 3 baseball bats for that) and gave him my nuts to taste. his 2 friends meanwhile blocked 1 entrance of the cabin with the car. when they realised his stupid friend wasn't smart and skilled enough to get me, they blocked the doors inside the cabin too, and that is when he was finally able to get me. Very poor show but very common in this game. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 12, 2017 at 9:55 PM, Moe9999633 said:

Are you kidding this the funniest game I've played in awhile and I'm only 16 besides the sims 4 i take like 4 hours creating a household 

Most fun or funniest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 7:17 AM, bjoernsen80 said:

At it's current state this game is not playable (at least on ps4) except you want to be sadistic to yourself.

Lots of us play on PS4 ( @NthnButAGoodTime, @RustInPeace, @BoxingRouge, @pioneer67fkd, @matisangry, @Vaderspupil, etc.) and we all find the game quite playable, thankyaverramuch.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now