Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alien_Number_Six

The love. The hate. The game.

43 posts in this topic

F13 is one of my favorite games ever, but very often I find myself screaming to my screen. I can't deal with so much love and so much hate at the same time lol Sometimes I tell myself "Girl you need a break from F13" Okay, fine, I try to enjoy my break, but then when I'm doing random things I'm just like "OMG I NEED F13 RIGHT NOW!" It's like a drug, you know? hahahaha

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this game. I hate the connection issues, but I'm willing to look past it. I love playing as Jason. I've grown tired of playing as a counselor. Playing as Jason is exciting and I can't wait for single player bots. I look forward to earning more trophies. I want to get the one for escaping in the boat as a passenger 13 times. That would be the easiest to obtain. The only other ones I have left are PHD in murder, play as Jason 500 times, 1,000 times. Also need the 1,000 times one for being a counselor. Then there's the triple six kill streak and the 1313 kill streak. That is all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I love this game. I hate the connection issues, but I'm willing to look past it. I love playing as Jason. I've grown tired of playing as a counselor. Playing as Jason is exciting and I can't wait for single player bots. I look forward to earning more trophies. I want to get the one for escaping in the boat as a passenger 13 times. That would be the easiest to obtain. The only other ones I have left are PHD in murder, play as Jason 500 times, 1,000 times. Also need the 1,000 times one for being a counselor. Then there's the triple six kill streak and the 1313 kill streak. That is all. 

I can relate. I've searched enough drawers. I'd rather be playing as Jason but, between my own rust and the changes, even that isn't as fun as I'd like it to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I'm in the position of both refusing to buy Battlefront 2 for the godawful nature of those issues, despite how much I want the game, yet at the same time feeling terrible for the creators over some of the attacks and death threats they're receiving. There's no damn excuse for death threats.

I just picture the people that have put in the hours every day, every week, each year, to make something the best they can and then along comes word from management and/or a bunch of EA studio execs and they're like "Okay, that's fine, but what about the microtransactions? Where can we squeeze out some extra money from?"

It's pretty scary stuff.

Agreed

9 hours ago, Confused Counsellor said:

Yep I think it's appalling where games are going, specifically multiplayers. Star wars has such amazing potential. The attention to detail, the graphics, the core gameplay could all be  great, but that would all be overshadowed by 'star cards' that give payers a big advantage in combat.  Its an absolute waste and I sincerely hope people vote with their wallet. My best multiplayer experiences  are cod 3 & 4. cod 3 had no unlocks, imagine that, a game where you played for fun instead of to unlock stuff. Why have we allowed game companies (and others) to persuade us that something is only worth doing if it leads to more 'stuff'.

Unlocks are fine. Loot crates are soft core gambling and they are game cancer.

8 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

I think Blizzard did a pretty good job with Overwatch. New heros, maps, and game modes are all free. Loot boxes can be earned simply by playing the game or by purchasing with real money. However their loot boxes contain ONLY cosmetic items. Nothing from them gives any player an advantage over another. I wish more companies would follow their example. 

Overwatch's loot crates are part of the problem. They started the craze. And when the rest of the publishers realized they could jump on the gambling, slot machine aspects of loot crates they ran with it. Loot boxes are unacceptable in any form. It went from "They are just cosmetic items." In Overwatch to Star Wars: Battlefront 2's loot crate progression system. And It will only get worse until gamers draw a line in the sand and say "fuck this shit im out"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Unlocks are fine. Loot crates are soft core gambling and they are game cancer.

Overwatch's loot crates are part of the problem. They started the craze. And when the rest of the publishers realized they could jump on the gambling, slot machine aspects of loot crates they ran with it. Loot boxes are unacceptable in any form. It went from "They are just cosmetic items." In Overwatch to Star Wars: Battlefront 2's loot crate progression system. And It will only get worse until gamers draw a line in the sand and say "fuck this shit im out"

I bought the BF2 Deluxe. Released last night at 9 pm, which was perfect timing because my 10-hour EA access had just run out. I also played the Beta. I love the game. Anything found in a loot crate can also be unlocked. BF2 also matches you to other lobbies of similarly ranked players with similar star-card power. Or at least, to the best of its ability.

With that being said, I think the unlockable heroes are waaaay too expensive, in terms of credits. We're talking months and months of play to be able to unlock them. Obviously that's to incentivize people to buy loot crates to get credits faster. That's the only part that's clearly a dick move.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I bought the BF2 Deluxe. Released last night at 9 pm, which was perfect timing because my 10-hour EA access had just run out. I also played the Beta. I love the game. Anything found in a loot crate can also be unlocked. BF2 also matches you to other lobbies of similarly ranked players with similar star-card power. Or at least, to the best of its ability.

With that being said, I think the unlockable heroes are waaaay too expensive, in terms of credits. We're talking months and months of play to be able to unlock them. Obviously that's to incentivize people to buy loot crates to get credits faster. That's the only part that's clearly a dick move.

 

 

 

And this is the problem. The loot crate issue is out of control. Even if your cool with the progression system because of your early access to the game you will have an advantage over your opponents. And those who spend a tone of money on loot will have an even greater advantage. This game looks great and I love Star Wars but I have to take a stand on this issue because this is too lucrative for companies to ignore. If we as gamers don't make a stand against the loot crate issue now it will destroy your games for years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

And this is the problem. The loot crate issue is out of control. Even if your cool with the progression system because of your early access to the game you will have an advantage over your opponents. And those who spend a tone of money on loot will have an even greater advantage.

Yeah but with BF2, your advantage isn't that advantageous because you are largely (not wholly, but largely) put into lobbies with players who are comparable in rank + star cards' numerical values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Agreed

Unlocks are fine. Loot crates are soft core gambling and they are game cancer.

Overwatch's loot crates are part of the problem. They started the craze. And when the rest of the publishers realized they could jump on the gambling, slot machine aspects of loot crates they ran with it. Loot boxes are unacceptable in any form. It went from "They are just cosmetic items." In Overwatch to Star Wars: Battlefront 2's loot crate progression system. And It will only get worse until gamers draw a line in the sand and say "fuck this shit im out"

I fully agree loot crates are not good for the industry. I was out of gaming for a while before Overwatch and didn't realize that was one of the games that helped start the trend. I guess I just assumed EA started it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Yeah but with BF2, your advantage isn't that advantageous because you are largely (not wholly, but largely) put into lobbies with players who are comparable in rank + star cards' numerical values.

If your defending the practice your part of the problem. Loot crates are aimed at people who are prone to keep buying assuming that sometime they will get what they want. They throw the handle of the slot machine to land the triple cherry jackpot and can't slow down until their money is gone. They designed the system with those people in mind. No matter what you say the loot box progression system is the worst thing ever devised because it exploits people. People who will have an advantage after they dump half their rent money into virtual goods. Goods that won't be worth a damm thing in a year or two. Ask yourself what people are really getting when they pay for these boxes because you can't hold Darth Vader's lightsaber star card in your hand can you?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If your defending the practice your part of the problem. Loot crates are aimed at people who are prone to keep buying assuming that sometime they will get what they want. They throw the handle of the slot machine to land the triple cherry jackpot and can't slow down until their money is gone. They designed the system with those people in mind. No matter what you say the loot box progression system is the worst thing ever devised because it exploits people. People who will have an advantage after they dump half their rent money into virtual goods. Goods that won't be worth a damm thing in a year or two. Ask yourself what people are really getting when they pay for these boxes because you can't hold Darth Vader's lightsaber star card in your hand can you?

I don't see it as exploitation anymore than apps, or even trading card games (though the latter could be argued that cards will have value on the secondary market). But it looks like EA is already taking people's concerns into consideration. They've lowered the credit cost of the heroes by 75% today after less than a week of the controversy. Talk about adjusting to fan response. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If your defending the practice your part of the problem. Loot crates are aimed at people who are prone to keep buying assuming that sometime they will get what they want. They throw the handle of the slot machine to land the triple cherry jackpot and can't slow down until their money is gone. They designed the system with those people in mind. No matter what you say the loot box progression system is the worst thing ever devised because it exploits people. People who will have an advantage after they dump half their rent money into virtual goods. Goods that won't be worth a damm thing in a year or two. Ask yourself what people are really getting when they pay for these boxes because you can't hold Darth Vader's lightsaber star card in your hand can you?

Loot crates invaded WWE 2K18 as well.  You have to grind grind grind for VC to buy loot boxes to unlock clothes to buy for My Player in Career Mode or pay $10 for the ripoff My Player Kickstarter which only gives you 50,000 VC and 10 attribute points this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 11:45 AM, ChadFace said:

A friend of mine compared this game to a restaurant that has amazing food but really shitty service. 

I used to agree, but with the latest patch, they've ruined the food, and the service has actually got worse.

I'd eat at the former, and my goodwill towards the food would give the service a pass.

I'd never eat at the latter, i'd never recommend it to anyone, and i'd find the service insulting and inexcusable in that context.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If your defending the practice your part of the problem. No matter what you say the loot box progression system is the worst thing ever devised because it exploits people. People who will have an advantage after they dump half their rent money into virtual goods.

Totally agree.

I will never support Loot Crates, because they're disgustingly predatory, and are turning something I love (videogames) that has often been a refuge and comfortable escape for people on the margins into something that preys on vulnerable people, and purposely so.

I will never buy a game with Loot Crates in, no matter what. And if they become the norm, despite having avidly bought and played videogames constantly for over 30 years, I'll quit the entire hobby.

Thank god Nintendo at least exists as a bullwark against this. Fuck Battlefront. At least games like Mario Odyssey still just about get made, and are created with love, and exist to spread happiness. Not exploit and mentally enslave people.

Developers who work on products with Loot Crates in should hang their heads in shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kitcat said:

F13 is one of my favorite games ever, but very often I find myself screaming to my screen. I can't deal with so much love and so much hate at the same time lol Sometimes I tell myself "Girl you need a break from F13" Okay, fine, I try to enjoy my break, but then when I'm doing random things I'm just like "OMG I NEED F13 RIGHT NOW!" It's like a drug, you know? hahahaha

Yeah I went through the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I don't see it as exploitation anymore than apps, or even trading card games (though the latter could be argued that cards will have value on the secondary market). But it looks like EA is already taking people's concerns into consideration. They've lowered the credit cost of the heroes by 75% today after less than a week of the controversy. Talk about adjusting to fan response. 

 

They punch you in the face instead of the nuts and call it an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

They punch you in the face instead of the nuts and call it an improvement.

I guess. Either way, I'm quite enjoying the game. I think it's the best since the original BATTLEFRONT 2. And the single player is really great so far. They're actually adding a sequel to it as a free DLC December 13th. The night maps are fucking insane. It's a lot of fun.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I guess. Either way, I'm quite enjoying the game. I think it's the best since the original BATTLEFRONT 2. And the single player is really great so far. They're actually adding a sequel to it as a free DLC December 13th. The night maps are fucking insane. It's a lot of fun.

 

 

 

 

Good for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Good for you.

I'm probably just lucky that I'm enjoying Friday the 13th and Battlefront 2.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I'm probably just lucky that I'm enjoying Friday the 13th and Battlefront 2.  

Good for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0