Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alien_Number_Six

The love. The hate. The game.

43 posts in this topic

This game is the most awesome, fun, enjoyable, authentic, iconic, buggy, glitchy, broken pile of chocolate flavored shit I have ever played. I'm serious Windows 95 connects better then this game does. The server it runs on is a little better then two cups and a string. Friday the 13th The Game fucks up more then a retard trying to shit in a sink. But I fucking love it. The people in the Camp Crystal Lake Employment Agency are fun to play with. I love chasing people as Jason and being chased. I don't know man. Maybe I just love the punishment. 

10 people like this

A friend of mine compared this game to a restaurant that has amazing food but really shitty service. 

9 people like this

This game is like stockhomes syndrome. It draws you in, steals you away, abuses you, hurts you in as many way possible, but for some reason, you keep coming back to it.

2 people like this

Case in point, my daughter broke her left arm and can only use her right arm to use a controller. She was playing one handed last night, all night. Didn't care about the pain in her other arm, or the fact she was getting killed alot. The game crashes, bugs out, you get glitched in a death animation or a grab. Who cares? Just play damn it!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

Case in point, my daughter broke her left arm and can only use her right arm to use a controller. She was playing one handed last night, all night. Didn't care about the pain in her other arm, or the fact she was getting killed alot. The game crashes, bugs out, you get glitched in a death animation or a grab. Who cares? Just play damn it!

@Redrum138 that’s like telling cancer patients your dying who cares! Stop bitching stop whining. We are all going to die too!

People are getting fed up. Allow them to complain so the company may see this is unacceptable. Instead of sugar coating everything with flowers, panties, & rainbows.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Tattooey said:

@Redrum138 that’s like telling cancer patients your dying who cares! Stop bitching stop whining. We are all going to die too!

Dont be an unflushable turd. People are getting fed up. Allow them to complain so the company may see this is unacceptable. Instead of sugar coating everything with flowers, panties, & rainbows.

Really? Wow, ok man. Whatever

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

Really? Wow, ok man. Whatever

He’s having connection issues with the game. He’s obviously still playing & loves the game despite constantly crashing. That’s like trying to drive a car with no engine. You can get out & push but eventually your going to get tired.

1 hour ago, Tattooey said:

Dont be an unflushable turd. People are getting fed up. Allow them to complain so the company may see this is unacceptable. Instead of sugar coating everything with flowers, panties, & rainbows.

where's he saying people shouldn't bitch? i think he's kinda going along with what alien was getting at... 

this game is buggy, glitchy and hella frustrating but it still, somehow, managed to be a ton of fun. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

He’s having connection issues with the game. He’s obviously still playing & loves the game despite constantly crashing. That’s like trying to drive a car with no engine. You can get out & push but eventually your going to get tired.

I agree and get what you're saying, but he still plays. That's in essence what i said about my daughter playing witth one arm, not trying to sugar coat anything. Anyone on any platform would agree this is a train wreck of a game at times, and other times it's a blast. Hell yeah we get tired of it sometimes. But we still come back.

Yep, over 300 hours in, and as frustrating as the time wastes are (though admittedly, the game is in a much better state than May/June), I still keep playing. It’s a lot of fun, plain and simple. And if you can find another group who is having fun and has good teamwork and not prone to puerile fits of poor sportsmanship, it’s even better. 

I’m excited about all the coming updates, and hope they continue to introduce new modes down the line!

@Redrum138

My apologies. I thought you were trying to call & compare him to a little girl for complaining.

Just now, Tattooey said:

@Redrum138

My apologies. I thought you were trying to call him a little girl for complaining.

Never, I played with @Alien_Number_Six before and he's top notch. No worries, I appreciate your response and understand.

Just like Dead Island which is my favorite zombie game ever made. Glitches, glitches, glitches, graphical glitches, shoddy animations, horrible cutscenes, below average graphics, but so much fun to play that I don't even care. 

One of the creators of the original Halo said that great gaming is an outstanding ten minute experience looped continually. GunMedia/Illphonic has managed to nail that outstanding ten minute experience. But I think we can all agree that we wish it would run more smoothly with less game breaking glitches such as the Jarvis House Jason melee bug. Most of the negative threads on this fourm are written by flustrated players who simply want the game to operate as intended. 

Now I am going to drop some news here that I think can put some things into perspective. Publisher 2K announced today that every single title they publish will contain some form of microtransactions. Activision has patented a form of microtransaction software that leaves you outgunned against your multiplayer opponents then show you what they killed you with and the loot crate it comes from so you will buy it then be matched with someone that your overmatched against. EA has bought Respawn Entertainment which is the studio that made Titanfall and Titanfall 2. Given EA's track record of buying a studio and liquidating it for it's intellectual properties Respawn's Titanfall 3 better be something special to behold or they are history. And I'm not even going to cover in depth why Star Wars: Battlefront 2's loot crate progression system is a load of bullshit and I won't be buying it. 

Basically Friday the 13th The Game is a huge license published and developed by a small publisher and developer. The DLC has been decently priced considering that the things they could be charging us for like councilors, maps, and Jasons have been offered free and there are no microtransactions. That is pretty unheard of today. I tend to remember this when I want to destroy my PS4 controller over a disconnection or bug. I'm not saying it justifies the amateur hour style the game is known for but the price of this license going triple A would be too high to pay. Can you imagine what bullshit EA would get up to with this licence? Sevini Jason would be locked in a loot crate with less then a two percent chance of winning him. That isn't the game I want and I don't think Friday the 13th fans want that either. 

Six

4 people like this

16 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

This game is the most awesome, fun, enjoyable, authentic, iconic, buggy, glitchy, broken pile of chocolate flavored shit I have ever played. I'm serious Windows 95 connects better then this game does. The server it runs on is a little better then two cups and a string. Friday the 13th The Game fucks up more then a retard trying to shit in a sink. But I fucking love it. The people in the Camp Crystal Lake Employment Agency are fun to play with. I love chasing people as Jason and being chased. I don't know man. Maybe I just love the punishment. 

Yeah, that pretty much sums the game up. I love living in a world where we have a F13 game like this, but it's like a big, drunken husband that beats you because he loves you.

tenor.gif?itemid=5236231

This post basically sums up how I feel about this game. 

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Basically Friday the 13th The Game is a huge license published and developed by a small publisher and developer. The DLC has been decently priced considering that the things they could be charging us for like councilors, maps, and Jasons have been offered free and there are no microtransactions. That is pretty unheard of today. I tend to remember this when I want to destroy my PS4 controller over a disconnection or bug. I'm not saying it justifies the amateur hour style the game is known for but the price of this license going triple A would be too high to pay. Can you imagine what bullshit EA would get up to with this licence? Sevini Jason would be locked in a loot crate with less then a two percent chance of winning him. That isn't the game I want and I don't think Friday the 13th fans want that either. 

Six

This is honestly one of the reasons why I like Gun Media/IllFonic, despite the fact that the game has crapped up several times. It really is unheard of nowadays for a company who create an extremely successful game to not charge money for core DLCs like new map/characters.

I don't expect that to last forever, but at least for now the DLC is mainly just goofy cosmetics that makes the game more campy.

1 hour ago, Daminus said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5236231

This post basically sums up how I feel about this game. 

Right but what does this mean? Words will always be more effective to describe your feelings. For example one might say you feel this game is a beautiful mature female. What exactly are you trying to say here?

@Alien_Number_Six

I just got the new CoD and they're having more server issues than F13... I tried playing hard point like 6 times yesterday and literally every game ended with a disconnect and no credit for the match. If someone as big as activision can't get it right, maybe Gun/Ill deserve a little more patience than we give them.

1 hour ago, Toddarino said:

Didn't COD just come out? F13 has been out for months.

Came out on 11/3. But with a company as big as activision who's made MANY multiplayer games, you would think they would get it right the first time. Sure, they will probably have it fixed soon, but they are WAY bigger than Gun/Ill with plenty more people on staff.

17 hours ago, Toddarino said:

Didn't COD just come out? F13 has been out for months.

The big difference is cash here. Activision has shit loads of it. Server issues for a game that gets made once a year by a company that literally has money to burn is unacceptable. 

18 hours ago, Truth said:

@Alien_Number_Six

I just got the new CoD and they're having more server issues than F13... I tried playing hard point like 6 times yesterday and literally every game ended with a disconnect and no credit for the match. If someone as big as activision can't get it right, maybe Gun/Ill deserve a little more patience than we give them.

They say the dedicated servers are coming soon. We will just have to wait and see.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:11 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

And I'm not even going to cover in depth why Star Wars: Battlefront 2's loot crate progression system is a load of bullshit and I won't be buying it.

I'm in the position of both refusing to buy Battlefront 2 for the godawful nature of those issues, despite how much I want the game, yet at the same time feeling terrible for the creators over some of the attacks and death threats they're receiving. There's no damn excuse for death threats.

I just picture the people that have put in the hours every day, every week, each year, to make something the best they can and then along comes word from management and/or a bunch of EA studio execs and they're like "Okay, that's fine, but what about the microtransactions? Where can we squeeze out some extra money from?"

It's pretty scary stuff.

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:11 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

One of the creators of the original Halo said that great gaming is an outstanding ten minute experience looped continually. GunMedia/Illphonic has managed to nail that outstanding ten minute experience. But I think we can all agree that we wish it would run more smoothly with less game breaking glitches such as the Jarvis House Jason melee bug. Most of the negative threads on this fourm are written by flustrated players who simply want the game to operate as intended. 

Now I am going to drop some news here that I think can put some things into perspective. Publisher 2K announced today that every single title they publish will contain some form of microtransactions. Activision has patented a form of microtransaction software that leaves you outgunned against your multiplayer opponents then show you what they killed you with and the loot crate it comes from so you will buy it then be matched with someone that your overmatched against. EA has bought Respawn Entertainment which is the studio that made Titanfall and Titanfall 2. Given EA's track record of buying a studio and liquidating it for it's intellectual properties Respawn's Titanfall 3 better be something special to behold or they are history. And I'm not even going to cover in depth why Star Wars: Battlefront 2's loot crate progression system is a load of bullshit and I won't be buying it. 

Six

Yep I think it's appalling where games are going, specifically multiplayers. Star wars has such amazing potential. The attention to detail, the graphics, the core gameplay could all be  great, but that would all be overshadowed by 'star cards' that give payers a big advantage in combat.  Its an absolute waste and I sincerely hope people vote with their wallet. My best multiplayer experiences  are cod 3 & 4. cod 3 had no unlocks, imagine that, a game where you played for fun instead of to unlock stuff. Why have we allowed game companies (and others) to persuade us that something is only worth doing if it leads to more 'stuff'.

I think Blizzard did a pretty good job with Overwatch. New heros, maps, and game modes are all free. Loot boxes can be earned simply by playing the game or by purchasing with real money. However their loot boxes contain ONLY cosmetic items. Nothing from them gives any player an advantage over another. I wish more companies would follow their example.