Deeify

There's Always That One Guy...

113 posts in this topic

There’s always that one guy that wonders why the graphics for the Unreal Engine logo look like they date back to the Playstation One era. (I’m that guy.)

1 person likes this

There’s always that one douchy 101 leveler in a lobby full of beginners there because he is too afraid of real competition. 

44 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

There’s always that one douchy 101 leveler in a lobby full of beginners there because he is too afraid of real competition. 

Bollocks. You play against whoever is in the lobby. Like I'm gonna go in and out of lobbys looking for 80+ levels only.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Bollocks. You play against whoever is in the lobby. Like I'm gonna go in and out of lobbys looking for 80+ levels only.

Well you should. If all of you did that I doubt it would be much of a problem. Try it sometime. Because its fucking ridiculous to have a 101 competing with a bunch of 20s or less. Honestly I dont know how you can look yourself in the mirror. You should feel ashamed. 

29 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Well you should. If all of you did that I doubt it would be much of a problem. Try it sometime. Because its fucking ridiculous to have a 101 competing with a bunch of 20s or less. Honestly I dont know how you can look yourself in the mirror. You should feel ashamed. 

:lol:

Why should he trawl from lobby to lobby to find other similar ranked players when finding a smooth lobby and reliable connection is a gamble as it is?

It's better to play with higher ranked players...that's how you learn. 

1 person likes this

There's always that one.... You were kicked: Host left the game.

3 people like this

There is always that one guy, who is too amused by the dancing emotes to actually play the game and does nothing but dance the whole time. Oh...that's me, sorry about that.

27 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Why should be trawl from lobby to lobby to find other similar ranked players when finding a smooth lobby and reliable connection is a gamble as it is?

That’s only one way to learn. There are other ways to learn that involve less aggravation and more fun. By your argument we should be lumping third graders in with high schoolers because “that’s how you learn”.  We don’t do that. The only people that think like that are the people that don’t have to learn. 

I keep going from lobby to lobby until I find a group more at my level. What I am NOT going to do is to sit in on a lobby filled with high level people, last two minutes and then sit out the remaining 18 because “that’s how you learn”. Fuck that.  The only way I am going to learn is to have an opportunity to learn the controls, and that’s not going to happen very fast if I keep getting killed quickly by people with vastly more experience than I do. 

And btw, I don’t avoid playing with higher players, but I am very prejudiced against 101ers, mainly because their skill level is so vague. They could be 101 or 1001. You just dont know. 

14 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Why should be trawl from lobby to lobby to find other similar ranked players when finding a smooth lobby and reliable connection is a gamble as it is?

Exactly. Nothing more to say on this.

There is always that one guy, you wish you could reach through your t.v./computer screen and give them a nice throat hug with your hands.

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

That’s only one way to learn. There are other ways to learn that involve less aggravation and more fun. By your argument we should be lumping third graders in with high schoolers because “that’s how you learn”.  We don’t do that. The only people that think like that are the people that don’t have to learn. 

I keep going from lobby to lobby until I find a group more at my level. What I am NOT going to do is to sit in on a lobby filled with high level people, last two minutes and then sit out the remaining 18 because “that’s how you learn”. Fuck that.  The only way I am going to learn is to have an opportunity to learn the controls, and that’s not going to happen very fast if I keep getting killed quickly by people with vastly more experience than I do. 

And btw, I don’t avoid playing with higher players, but I am very prejudiced against 101ers, mainly because their skill level is so vague. They could be 101 or 1001. You just dont know. 

But by seeing how they react to things and how they play the game could give you some good tips/tricks. That's how I learned a lot of what I do. Sometimes people learn things better by seeing THEN attempting to do it themselves. I get what you're saying, but playing with people that are way more skilled than you will generally help. Especially if you don't die right away.

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

But by seeing how they react to things and how they play the game could give you some good tips/tricks. That's how I learned a lot of what I do. Sometimes people learn things better by seeing THEN attempting to do it themselves. I get what you're saying, but playing with people that are way more skilled than you will generally help. Especially if you don't die right away.

Agreed. and I generally don’t have a problem with lobbies that run the full gamut (a level 15, lvl 32, lvl 78, 101, etc). But a lobby comprised of only 30 or less and you come in as a whopping 101? Got a hankering to be the big fish in a small pond? Seriously, dude, find another lobby. Lol. Just seems like serious “loser” material there. 

6 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Agreed. and I generally don’t have a problem with lobbies that run the full gamut (a level 15, lvl 32, lvl 78, 101, etc). But a lobby comprised of only 30 or less and you come in as a whopping 101? Got a hankering to be the big fish in a small pond? Seriously, dude, find another lobby. Lol. Just seems like serious “loser” material there. 

I wasn't going to discuss this anymore but anyway. I don't check the level of players in a lobby with me. I'm quite happy for them to find a new one if they're scared of playing with a higher level player. Plus not all of the "big fish" are guaranteed to be good players, let alone great. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Like @RAGEVIRUS said, I'm not going to try and find another lobby when I'm lucky enough to find one with a decent ping. I'll look for another after someone kills the host and he leaves. Until then, hopefully some people will be able to learn a few things. When I see it's all lower levels in the lobby I try to adjust how I play. I don't need to stun Jason 20 times or loop for 15 minutes when I know it's his first time. I'll get him a few times and juke him for a while just to give him a chance to learn some techniques. If he never gets a chance to play against someone who's good at juking then he will never learn to combat it.

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Truth said:

Like @RAGEVIRUS said, I'm not going to try and find another lobby when I'm lucky enough to find one with a decent ping. I'll look for another after someone kills the host and he leaves. Until then, hopefully some people will be able to learn a few things. When I see it's all lower levels in the lobby I try to adjust how I play. I don't need to stun Jason 20 times or loop for 15 minutes when I know it's his first time. I'll get him a few times and juke him for a while just to give him a chance to learn some techniques. If he never gets a chance to play against someone who's good at juking then he will never learn to combat it.

Well, #1: You’re a very rare case, and #2: I just don’t think there is a scarcity at the moment of people willing to juke it out with Jason. In fact I have yet to see a match where at least half of the councilors didn’t go out of their way to fight him. 

5 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Well, #1: You’re a very rare case, and #2: I just don’t think there is a scarcity at the moment of people willing to juke it out with Jason. In fact I have yet to see a match where at least half of the councilors didn’t go out of their way to fight him. 

I meant juke like kite. Window looping, cabin hopping, etc.

On 11/12/2017 at 0:20 PM, matisangry said:

there's always that one guy in quick play that refuses to leave when the cops are there because he wants to show off how good he is at juking and teabagging. 

i love when these guys die more than anything. 

That guy might be going for the Survive the Night badge. I like watching some of these. Less so lately, though.

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I tend to leave if I'm in a lobby with low-levelers. I don't look to see who is what level though, unless the people in the lobby get me killed (last, usually) because they're running around like headless chickens. I've had games where I couldn't find objective items until people have died (recently) and none of the objective have been completed. Yeah, I tend to leave those lobbies.

You can learn from others, that's very true. I've learned a lot from others when I was low-level.

There's always that guy who guns for the sweater, panics and uses the sweater, and gets killed almost immediately after, all while Jason's still wearing his mask.

I've been getting that one guy who says to you when you're Jason....."please don't kill me Jason...if you let me live I'll tell you where everyone else is on the map."  That just makes me want to kill him more lol.  

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Caulus said:

That guy might be going for the Survive the Night badge. I like watching some of these. Less so lately, though. 

meh. I'm sure that's the case once in awhile, but if seems like it's generally people showboating. they're not hiding or actively trying to evade him. in fact, a lot of these players seem to actively seek jason out. I've been in lobbies where dudes do it match after match after match. it gets old. 

There's always that one guys who runs off with the phone fuse and dies way on the other side of where the fuse box is located on the map.

1 person likes this

There's always that one guy who Jason kills and the fuse and two sets of keys pop out from his dead body.  I've seen this on multiple occasions....

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

There’s always that one guy who makes dumb posts like this.

There's always that one guy who bitches about the dumb posts ?

(This is a joke, nothing personal)

On 11/11/2017 at 9:36 PM, He's Killing Me said:

There's that one guy (me) who earnestly repairs things, even playing as Vanessa, while the rest, even Deborahs, Adams, Foxes, AJs and Lachappas are doing fuck all.

Me and my friends when in quick play.

7 hours ago, Truth said:

This, totally. I'm 101 and normally just run private with friends who are WAY better than me, I die alot but try try to learn from my mistakes and get better. And I have, it's frustrating at times but when I do escape or do well as Jason I know I earned it. But if I'm on, and they're not I go to quick play till I get an invite. And if I find a decent lobby with good ping that's full of low level players i'm staying there, I pick whatever they need to survive. I try to help however I can, kite Jason to give players time to fix shit or run around with AJ if the lobby is full of speedsters. I've fixed cars and let 20 somethings escape while I died behind them, hell I told them to do it. I try to help new players, I want them to have fun and love this game like I do. Just saying there are quite a few lvl 101 players in this game who will help you, so don't think we're all a bunch of douchebags.

And... There's always that one's guy... who pulls bong hits after each match. Lol