Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brigadius

Changes to enforce proper gameplay

38 posts in this topic

There are a few things I think could improve overall gameplay and help players play the game the way it was intended to be played. 

Trolls will be trolls but a way to cut back on them is to to add penalties for unsportsmanlike gameplay. This one idea below is not a bad start but I would make it so rather than Tommy receiving an escape penalty for leaving others behind he takes a penalty for every person that dies after he escapes. Tommy gets a bonus for sacrificing himself so this would just be super reinforcement of his role. 

Additionally, I would make negative xp actually work against your progression. So if you team kill a lot you might actually start losing levels. An accidental kill here and there won't really affect your level because you will still end a game with positive points but if you go on killing sprees the negative xp will add up and you will start making backwards progress. This will enforce positive play or you risk losing your unlocks as you progress backwards. 

I would also suggest that if you receive so much negative xp within a certain time period than customization options start getting disabled for  a certain amount of time. This could include clothing, emotes, or basically anything that isn't essential to gameplay. While I'm somewhat against the disabling of paid dlc it would only be temporary based on the amount of negative xp accumulated in the time frame in question. While I don't like the thought of disabling paid dlc this only affects unsportsmanlike players and if you play the game as intended you have no reason to worry about temporarily not being able to dance or dress in a chadkini. 

One thing I would like to see, is the removal of surviving by timeout. It makes no sense Jason doesn't just give up. You have 20 minutes, either escape or die. Those should be the options. If you run the clock out you still die and you should receive less points.  When the game starts you should be at Max points for escape and as time goes by the points go down. This is an incentive to hurry up and escape to maximize your score and not make others wait 20 minutes just to watch you die. 

I have other more complex ideas which would probably be better in the long run but these are simple ones that I believe the devs could pull off without having an aneurysm. Let's start small and work our way up to the complex stuff later. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some really good ideas.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to survive by running the clock. Jason is an unstoppable killing machine and is not going to give up after 20 minutes. This would help against people who spend the entire game hiding only to die in the last 2-5 minutes.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

You have 20 minutes, either escape or die. 

This is absolutely how it should be in the first place. You shouldn't be rewarded for standing around with your dick in your hand for 20 minutes. Let's see some ankles to assholes in these matches.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Some really good ideas.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to survive by running the clock. Jason is an unstoppable killing machine and is not going to give up after 20 minutes. This would help against people who spend the entire game hiding only to die in the last 2-5 minutes.

And loopers trying to survive by timeout. Either complete the objectives of die. If you want to run off by yourself and hide for 20 minutes you lose, if you want to troll Jason because you perfected window and furniture looping you lose. Kill Jason, escape, or die those should be your options. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought running out the clock gave you less points anyway. 

And what's wrong with running the clock out? The game does have to end. I don't wanna have to sit over 20mins waiting for Jason to kill them.

And I wouldn't feel good as Jason being granted a kill because I couldn't figure out how to find someone.

I never have trouble finding someone as Jason and running the clock out as a counselor can be very exciting especially if it's a chase. I'm "Mr. It Has to be Like the Movies" but the game aspect of things needs its place and I think this is a good example.

Loopers should be dealt with in different ways. It's easy to stop furniture and window loopers by interrupting the pattern. You have to be smarter than them and use shift. There's another thread, somewhere, that had some good ideas on controlling looping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I thought running out the clock gave you less points anyway. 

And what's wrong with running the clock out? The game does have to end. I don't wanna have to sit over 20mins waiting for Jason to kill them.

And I wouldn't feel good as Jason being granted a kill because I couldn't figure out how to find someone.

I never have trouble finding someone as Jason and running the clock out as a counselor can be very exciting especially if it's a chase. I'm "Mr. It Has to be Like the Movies" but the game aspect of things needs its place and I think this is a good example.

Loopers should be dealt with in different ways. It's easy to stop furniture and window loopers by interrupting the pattern. You have to be smarter than them and use shift. There's another thread, somewhere, that had some good ideas on controlling looping. 

By putting the clock on Jason's side, you not only take stress away from the person playing him (prevent overuse of quick/repetitive kills, encourage environmental kills and people to get more creative since they're not under pressure) but you also put pressure on the councillors. 

One of the primary features of a horror game should be stress, it adds to the thrill and tension of the situation. You feel more relieved when you win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

One of the primary features of a horror game should be stress, it adds to the thrill and tension of the situation. You feel more relieved when you win. 

I get that feeling every time I run the clock out on Jason. 

And I don't think the clock should be on Jason's side. It kills the sport of it for Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I get that feeling every time I run the clock out on Jason. 

And I don't think the clock should be on Jason's side. It kills the sport of it for Jason. 

I feel like it more so kills the atmosphere for councillors, and they should be the priority since you're playing them 98% of the time. 

Not only do they have the clock on their side, but they have 3 possible escape routes and the opportunity to kill Jason. There's literally no pressure on councillors from a horror aspect, the stress is all on Jason and it should be the opposite. 

Imo, it would be better to go the DbD route, take away the timer, let people choose to leave or spectate once they die. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Can't win by surviving for 20 minutes. You die automatically after 20 minutes.

Bugs. They will kill all hope of surviving. Sometimes running out the clock is your only escape.

I have had the car flip and get destroyed, boat get destroyed, phone box won't allow anyone to press A, sweater fails to activate all in the same match.

Sometimes important objective items won't spawn on the map or spawn in areas that you can't reach.

A player escapes with a fuse, keys, battery or gas and they won't wash up on shore near the water.

Tommy's radio can bug out and won't call in Tommy. Power is on. Player quits that is selected to be tommy and never spawns in but the match won't end for 20 minutes.

If the bugs are fixed maybe this could be looked at in the future.

 

2. Tommy gets a penalty for all players that died after he escaped.

Say you spawn in as Tommy. Try to help out players and they refuse to escape or tell you to leave them behind.

You escape with who you can or solo. You get a penalty after you escape and they die.

I understand you want tommy players to help others escape. We all know you can drag a horse kicking and screaming to water but you can't force him to drink it.

This would create a new way to troll tommy players.

 

3. Negative XP will derank you. Even at max level.

''Prestige'' Mode confirmed. Time to run everyone with the car until I'm level 1!. Then reach 101 again. :lol:

Trolls would abuse the hell out of this. Lobbies of trolls throwing themselves in front of cars to derank players.

 

4. Penalty for receiving negative XP. Can't access paid DLC, emotes, outfits. Can't change normal outfit or emotes.

Anything that restricts access to the $40 game, free or paid DLC is not something that would be very popular.

Unless you did something that will get you banned.

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brigadius said:

One thing I would like to see, is the removal of surviving by timeout. It makes no sense Jason doesn't just give up. You have 20 minutes, either escape or die. Those should be the options. If you run the clock out you still die and you should receive less points.  When the game starts you should be at Max points for escape and as time goes by the points go down. This is an incentive to hurry up and escape to maximize your score and not make others wait 20 minutes just to watch you die.

Boat's dead in the water. Too risky to swim for it.

Car is destroyed, flipped over.

Phone fuse is on the exact opposite side of the map of the phone because a noob died with it.

2 people left alive. Jason has Rage and knows where you are.

That's an unwinnable situation except by timeout. If timeout counts as a death, your idea will encourage suiciders and quitters even more than we have now because there's no incentive to either stay alive or stay in the game if timeout is not a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Boat's dead in the water. Too risky to swim for it.

Car is destroyed, flipped over.

Phone fuse is on the exact opposite side of the map of the phone because a noob died with it.

2 people left alive. Jason has Rage and knows where you are.

That's an unwinnable situation except by timeout. If timeout counts as a death, your idea will encourage suiciders and quitters even more than we have now because there's no incentive to either stay alive or stay in the game if timeout is not a win.

As long as Jason gets the XP for those people, I don't see much of an issue. The match will end sooner and the spectators won't suffer as long waiting.

4 hours ago, Alcanx said:

By putting the clock on Jason's side, you not only take stress away from the person playing him (prevent overuse of quick/repetitive kills, encourage environmental kills and people to get more creative since they're not under pressure) but you also put pressure on the councillors. 

One of the primary features of a horror game should be stress, it adds to the thrill and tension of the situation. You feel more relieved when you win. 

It's usually not the clock encouraging this. It's usually a vehicle objective being repaired and the Jason player spamming quick kills to prevent an escape. Alternatively, it is often seen when counselors are mobbing Jason and he is struggling to fend them off or prevent them from knocking a comrade out of his grasp. I don't know if it will really help prevent people spamming those kills. I could be wrong of course.

5 hours ago, Brigadius said:

And loopers trying to survive by timeout. Either complete the objectives of die. If you want to run off by yourself and hide for 20 minutes you lose, if you want to troll Jason because you perfected window and furniture looping you lose. Kill Jason, escape, or die those should be your options. 

I'd be OK with this. It would certainly change the metagame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

As long as Jason gets the XP for those people, I don't see much of an issue. The match will end sooner and the spectators won't suffer as long waiting.

Encouraging people to leave the game is not a valid line of reasoning. You'll encourage people to stop playing altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Encouraging people to leave the game is not a valid line of reasoning. You'll encourage people to stop playing altogether.

They're already rage quitting during kills, when they don't get Jason, when the do get Jason, and when they get killed as Jason. It's about par for the course now isn't it? Not trying to by cynical, but I don't really see much impact to the player base in this regard. Good players will tend to hang around, and trolls will leave. Win-win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

They're already rage quitting during kills, when they don't get Jason, when the do get Jason, and when they get killed as Jason. It's about par for the course now isn't it? Not trying to by cynical, but I don't really see much impact to the player base in this regard. Good players will tend to hang around, and trolls will leave. Win-win.

HOgoILd.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

1. Can't win by surviving for 20 minutes. You die automatically after 20 minutes.

2. Tommy gets a penalty for all players that died after he escaped.

3. Negative XP will derank you. Even at max level.

4. Penalty for receiving negative XP. Can't access paid DLC, emotes, outfits. Can't change normal outfit or emotes.

1) Bugs aside i still think it's the best option. Jason doesn't just call in the night when he's on a killing spree. Bugs can be fixed and are more likely to to be fixed if they interfere with core gameplay. 

2) Tommy gets a bonus for dying so there is no reason for him to leave. I would probably make it so you can only get the escape bonus as a counselor too. So you have one chance to get the escape bonus if you die and come back as Tommy the escape bonus opportunity is gone. If you want more points your options as Tommy are to kill Jason or die trying. Or give tommy an escape bonus if he escapes with the last person(he only gets so many seconds to leave after the last person in order to get the escape bonus) this would help prevent Tommy from trolling jason after everyone is out. Just Reinforce his role bonuses for helping negatives for being a douche.

3) I see your point. But it could be as easy as a soft ban if you derank so many levels(or gain so much negative xp) in a certain amount of time yo prevent this.

4)As I said I'm not a big fan of limiting content but this really only effects trolls and i have little problem with unsportsmanlike like players having some restrictions placed on them. Also, It's only temporary based on negative xp. But, It's something normal players wouldn't have to worry about.

 

Penalty Example:

  • Day 1 - Negative XP is held on your account and reset daily unless you reach a certain level of negative xp(CLNXP) in which case a restriction is applied and a warning point is applied to your account.
  • Day 2 - Warning point will be removed at end of this day and restrictions lifted if you don't receive more negative xp(CLNXP) if you do receive it another warning point is applied and more restrictions added.
  • Day 3 - Warning points will reduce by one at end of day if you play properly if not you know what happens at this point.
  • This will continue until there are no more restrictions to be applied at which point the They have a few options. Either place a tag next to players name labeling them as a unsportsmanlike player as a final wanning or ban them,

It's nothing for normal players to worry about only trolls.

7 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Boat's dead in the water. Too risky to swim for it.

Car is destroyed, flipped over.

Phone fuse is on the exact opposite side of the map of the phone because a noob died with it.

2 people left alive. Jason has Rage and knows where you are.

That's an unwinnable situation except by timeout. If timeout counts as a death, your idea will encourage suiciders and quitters even more than we have now because there's no incentive to either stay alive or stay in the game if timeout is not a win.

You have 3 opportunities to escape and a forth opportunity to kill Jason without the timeout option. Granted there are some bugs mainly with the car flipping(but they are working the bugs out and a bug shouldn't determine the direction of the game anyway), but the phone is a way out for everyone and they fixed the fuse glitching into the floor and put it's location on the map if someone decides to die in the woods with it. You have every chance to survive but you have to work for it, it shouldn't be gifted to you for hiding or looping.

12 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I thought running out the clock gave you less points anyway. 

And what's wrong with running the clock out? The game does have to end. I don't wanna have to sit over 20mins waiting for Jason to kill them.

And I wouldn't feel good as Jason being granted a kill because I couldn't figure out how to find someone.

I never have trouble finding someone as Jason and running the clock out as a counselor can be very exciting especially if it's a chase. I'm "Mr. It Has to be Like the Movies" but the game aspect of things needs its place and I think this is a good example.

Loopers should be dealt with in different ways. It's easy to stop furniture and window loopers by interrupting the pattern. You have to be smarter than them and use shift. There's another thread, somewhere, that had some good ideas on controlling looping. 

You in fact get more points the longer you survive in the game that's why people are always standing at the exit until the last second or until the danger of dying is to great before escaping. This makes spectators wait longer just so someone can get a few extra points. Reverse it and people will be wanting to escape faster.

Stopping loopers is more of a luck thing right now. Yeah you can get good at shift grab but it is rather easy to dodge it. It's more hoping they mess up rather than Jason player's skills.

I have survived by timeout before too and those last few minutes can be intense but It's Friday the 13th not boxing no bell is going to save you from Jason. I would rather die trying to escape than be gifted a win for hiding the entire match or running in circles. And I hate watching it as a spectator because my goal is to play the game not watch someone run around a table for 20 minutes. I don't mind waiting to much if there is genuine gameplay happening but watching someone in a closet or looping is just annoying and wasting what could be otherwise quality play time. Running and hiding are skills and part of the game but somehow i doubt they were intended to be used like they are.

c4faab2d6fa7e9a831f0ac148e27ab06--saved-by-the-bell-quotes-saved-by-the-bell-funny.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

You have 3 opportunities to escape and a forth opportunity to kill Jason without the timeout option. Granted there are some bugs mainly with the car flipping(but they are working the bugs out and a bug shouldn't determine the direction of the game anyway), but the phone is a way out for everyone and they fixed the fuse glitching into the floor and put it's location on the map if someone decides to die in the woods with it. You have every chance to survive but you have to work for it, it shouldn't be gifted to you for hiding or looping.

Wow, you actually said players should be punished for avoiding death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Wow, you actually said players should be punished for avoiding death.

Is that what I said? I  guess if you twist my words. You just shouldn't be rewarded for not escaping. It's not a punishment it's the reality of the franchise and every horror movie.  You don't watch a movie where a person hides or runs in circles for the duration and the killer just calls in the day and the movie ends. It's not a punishment you still get points you just don't get your surviving bonus and you don't get the time bonus. The time bonus should be reversed to encourage escaping or killing Jason not a reward for hiding in a closet for 20 minutes and making others spectate needlessly. 

Hiding is barely even playing who seriously plays a game to sit in a hiding spot the whole game.  Looping is playing but not to complete the objectives as intended and also shouldn't be rewarded. These are things you should do to lose Jason temporarily or make yourself a less appealing target for the time being not as a way to win.

I'm not opposed to Jason not receiving the kill for a time out. If the the 20 minutes expires and noone gets the points if be fine with that too. But there should be more pressure on the counselors to escape than Jason. If Jason doesn't kill in the time allotted he misses out on points for kill if counselors don't escape they miss out on points from time bonus and escaping. That's a fair compromise that I could go with. 

The counselors have numerous ways to win jason has one, a time out victory is not needed. Consider it a draw no bonuses issued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will solve this whole problem is buffing Jason or nerfing counselors, or a little of both.

I would be surprised if the next update doesn't have all sorts of adjustments in this direction.

 

What if 4 people survive the 20 mins. Should they all instantly die? Do we have to sit through 4 kill cut scenes back to back?

Maybe they should get rid of the time limit all together and adjust the mechanics so that the games don't go on forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brigadius If no bonus is given for surviving the night, once all other escape routes are a no-go, the remaining players have no incentive to either stay alive or stay in the match at all. Might as well suicide or just quit and play a game that actually gives incentives for playing. That is not good game design. You must realize this.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely agree with some of the ideas.

The timer escape is definitely one I find stupid. Though I realize removing it would be benefit trolls too much I feel. Even if counselors in theory ran out of supplies, etc Jason would eventually run out of knives and traps himself, especially with traps being mostly used in the early game. I don't see many Jasons willing to hold onto their traps for late game chases EVER. Likely because hey, gotta trap objectives most importantly. They aren't thinking about playing a long, drawn out timer/loopathon game.

My idea would be to make late game counselor play more dangerous, just like the timer works against Jason. Lets face it,  the reason why the last person alive usually goes for the time limit win is because they like to kite Jason for fun/trololo or play as Vanessa, whose never going to have the time to fix any objective by herself and wandering around alone is a morph/stalk/shift/grab waiting to happen. Hence all the dick riding inside cabins where you aren't concerned about windows if your running thick skin, medic, etc.

Fear should be way more dangerous. Like actually falling, running out of breath if your around Jason constantly and the only one left alive. Things like Marathon, etc counter act the effects of hud loss or slow stamina regeneration when you are being chased. Which creates the shift/grab/stalk/morph vs loop/stamina management game that basically causes spectators to leave in masses, if they haven't left already for other reasons. Or windows should be as dangerous as the devs hyped before beta. Even making windows more dangerous would be enough of a late game measure against counselors. It would be up to Jason to take the time to break them. Either more damage or a bleed out effect on counselors, forcing them to eat up their sprays.

I would be more in favor of the timeout win if they earned it by hiding instead of looping, but that's me. If Jason's sense didn't allow him to see cabins or tents light up red, but ONLY counselors lighting up red OUTSIDE cabins while moving. Then I wouldn't mind it. If Jason literally had to go cabin to cabin, destroying all hide out spots, not knowing if the counselor was there. It would give more pride in seeing the AJ's or high stealth characters being able to survive that way without looping, but its just not the case with sense being as powerful as it is in the late game. Of course, if you did nerf Jason's sense like that, something else would have to give for counselors, like Fear or Windows, it would be even more important.

As far as Tommy goes.

Much like how the devs made it a bit more difficult (though arguably that difficulty has eroded over time) to fix the phone with the need of the fuse. They should do more to make Tommy more difficult to call. Sometimes counselors spawn right near or right inside the cabin with the Tommy radio. Jason has virtually no time to disable all the generators by the time Tommy can be called. Add to that, Jason early game isn't primarily worried about Tommy being called as one of his primary worries. It's just not realistic to pressure Tommy being called when the phone, car or boat can be done within minutes of map start, especially on the smaller maps when parts are fed to counselors more easily.

Thing is, adding a fuse for the Tommy call would feel pretty redundant. The only thing I can think of is having all the power generators OFF to start the match. I'm not worried about realism in terms of matching the intro cutscenes with game realism until the devs decide to change it up. Think about it, Jason starts off by startling the counselors, then you start off inside the shack, which makes no sense at all.

So if we go by that lack of consistency in changing up where Jason spawns to start the match. I see no reason WHY the generators can't be already destroyed by match start. Especially with the phone already not working. Lets just assume Jason cut off all the power in the campsite, phone and radio included. Adding that one extra step could prevent Tommy from being called so early in the game and if Jason decided to do so, he could pressure the Tommy call if he thought it was more worthwhile.

Now post Tommy being called. I just think part of the problem will always be whoever is playing him. You can't prevent people from playing selfish, if they want to play that way, I see no reason to punish them for it. Not everyone is going to play Tommy the way he is in the films. This part is a lot more grey area and I think they've done about all they can in this regard without going overboard.

Those are the ones I wanted to hit most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Brigadius If no bonus is given for surviving the night, once all other escape routes are a no-go, the remaining players have no incentive to either stay alive or stay in the match at all. Might as well suicide or just quit and play a game that actually gives incentives for playing. That is not good game design. You must realize this.

The phone is always an  option.  It you'll say, "if the your the last counselor Jason will just camp the phone". That is a distinct possibility but if all the counselors were playing right Jason  would probably be out of traps at this point, and with the right perks you might be able to get it done without dying. It would be hard but that's the point. 

Additionally, I made a suggestion in the past and I will make it here with a modification. At twenty minutes one exit opens up automatically and you have 30-60 seconds to escape or lose. You would receive notifications time bonus but you might get an escape bonus but it should be a lesser bonus. 

Also, the escape bonus should be more substantial. More of a reason to escape.  That way if you are the last one or two left you could weigh your possibilities of whether you should risk going for the escape and getting the bonus or giving in and salvaging what time bonus points you have left. The ultimate goal is the escape or to kill Jason but even in horror movies there are those characters that just succumb to fear and the hopelessness of their situation and just let it happen. It's just what happens. Not every game will be a win and you should have to work for that victory. 

If the 20 minute escape opening is added you are given a slim chance to get a lesser victory and would help you decide whether to keep going for the win or give in and try again next round. (or make matches 18 or 19 minutes and the last last minute or two opens one escape with lesser bonus). 

56 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

What if 4 people survive the 20 mins. Should they all instantly die? Do we have to sit through 4 kill cut scenes back to back?

No you wouldn't sit through 4 cutscenes the game just ends. No bonuses given to those that didn't escape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the thing though, @Brigadius the whole game is just an elaborate "Catch-Me-If-You-Can" scenario with a 20 min time limit. It's Jason's job to catch all the counselors within that time frame. The counselor's job isn't to kill Jason, it's not even specifically to escape, it's to survive. If you're playing a counselor and manage to run down the clock, then you haven't been caught, you've done your job and you survived, and should be rewarded accordingly, not penalized.

  • Removing the clock altogether isn't an option, because that penalizes everyone waiting in spectator mode, sometimes for over 15 min at a time.
  • Withholding points for surviving the night isn't an option because that penalizes players for successfully doing what they're supposed to: survive.
  • Ditto for considering it an automatic death if your run down the clock. You weren't caught, therefore you're not dead.
  • XP penalties for Tommy for the reasons listed is just insane. I get that it's his role to save the other counselors, but that doesn't mean he should simply act as a kamikaze meat shield for everyone else. There's plenty of situations where it'd be perfectly legit for Tommy to escape before all the others counselors were out. It's also punishing new players who aren't up to speed on all aspects of the game yet. What's next? XP penalties for every Tiffanys that attempt a repair or Deborahs that take a swing at Jason because it's not their role to do so? Absurd!

All I'm seeing from a lot of these comments is a bunch of demands to punish people for not winning the match or playing their characters the way you want them to. So what if players don't adhere to their roles 100%? It's their game too, not just yours, and they're allowed to play their characters however they damn want. You, in turn, are allowed to choose not to play with those people. I've had my share of matches with wimpy Tommys, lone wolves, disorganized counselors and annoying trolls, and I don't get my panties in a bunch over it. I just look for other people whose play style complements my own better and call it a day.


 

     

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

HOgoILd.png

You've never argued with my wife. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 2:29 PM, bewareofbears said:

Some really good ideas.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to survive by running the clock. Jason is an unstoppable killing machine and is not going to give up after 20 minutes. This would help against people who spend the entire game hiding only to die in the last 2-5 minutes.

Running out the clock is necessary. You think you got trolling now. Wait until Jason and his helper no longer have a time limit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 3:07 PM, Brigadius said:

There are a few things I think could improve overall gameplay and help players play the game the way it was intended to be played. 

Trolls will be trolls but a way to cut back on them is to to add penalties for unsportsmanlike gameplay. This one idea below is not a bad start but I would make it so rather than Tommy receiving an escape penalty for leaving others behind he takes a penalty for every person that dies after he escapes. Tommy gets a bonus for sacrificing himself so this would just be super reinforcement of his role. 

Additionally, I would make negative xp actually work against your progression. So if you team kill a lot you might actually start losing levels. An accidental kill here and there won't really affect your level because you will still end a game with positive points but if you go on killing sprees the negative xp will add up and you will start making backwards progress. This will enforce positive play or you risk losing your unlocks as you progress backwards. 

I would also suggest that if you receive so much negative xp within a certain time period than customization options start getting disabled for  a certain amount of time. This could include clothing, emotes, or basically anything that isn't essential to gameplay. While I'm somewhat against the disabling of paid dlc it would only be temporary based on the amount of negative xp accumulated in the time frame in question. While I don't like the thought of disabling paid dlc this only affects unsportsmanlike players and if you play the game as intended you have no reason to worry about temporarily not being able to dance or dress in a chadkini. 

One thing I would like to see, is the removal of surviving by timeout. It makes no sense Jason doesn't just give up. You have 20 minutes, either escape or die. Those should be the options. If you run the clock out you still die and you should receive less points.  When the game starts you should be at Max points for escape and as time goes by the points go down. This is an incentive to hurry up and escape to maximize your score and not make others wait 20 minutes just to watch you die. 

I have other more complex ideas which would probably be better in the long run but these are simple ones that I believe the devs could pull off without having an aneurysm. Let's start small and work our way up to the complex stuff later. 

I also mentioned the Cops should leave after 1.5 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0