Grabbing will take you out of shit and straight into the grab. If you can shift well and get right on them just grab and you'll have them. It's more difficult with the new grab range but still acheivable.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Truth said:

Grabbing will take you out of shit and straight into the grab. If you can shift well and get right on them just grab and you'll have them. It's more difficult with the new grab range but still acheivable.

It's never took me out of shit haha

The best way to do it is by looking at where they are going and trying to end up in front of them as you come out of shift, making it so that they run into your range as you attempt to grab.

+Shift Jasons are harder to do this with because they go so fast.

33 minutes ago, kohagan said:

5 minutes ago, PastyMcBalderton said:

Maybe if he was literally stuck in shit, then grabbing would take him out of it :lol:

That's why I hate using my phone for this... I'm leaving it though.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, kohagan said:

10 minutes ago, PastyMcBalderton said:

Maybe if he was literally stuck in shit, then grabbing would take him out of it :lol:

Should be 1000 XP for grabbing shit. 

another option is to end your shift with a swing. and then try for a grab. I've only played jason a few times since he was neutered but that almost seems easier and more effective sometimes. 

Don't try to grab them from behind. You need to lead your shift just ahead of the player. Then exit shift and grab right away as they run into your arms.

Keep counselors more on Jason's right side. His grab goes out and to the right. 

Not to be confused with JFK which was back and to the left, but that's a whole other thing.

34 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Not to be confused with JFK which was back and to the left, but that's a whole other thing.

Triangulation of fire or lone wolf? 

I was never good at the shift grab, so I only use shift to close distance on faster counselors when their stamina is low,  its an art, but an art that i have not mastered

After a month long break from this game, I did notice it was almost impossible to shift grab. But maybe I'm just a bit rusty.

7 hours ago, kohagan said:

Triangulation of fire or lone wolf? 

I would like to think it was lone wolf, but so many people have trouble working that rifle he used.

Either way, it was orchestrated. He was interrupting the power structure too much.

• Like 3

I suck at shift grab. With that said I can say most of the above mentions as far as being just in front to the side of your target then press grab should work, it's my execution that normally makes me miss. One thing that helps me is using senses before I shift, so much easier to see them glowing red as a target. I miss ALOT when I don't use senses before I shift. Hope that helps, keep trying to kill those pesky kids messing up our camp!

7 hours ago, Whitericejohnson said:

I’m not to great at shift grabbing yet. Are you supposed To grab instead of ending shift? Any other tips? Thank you!

Not sure what system you play on, but on PS4, if you only hit the l2 button once you will not come out of shift grabbing.  It will just end the shift.  You have to hit it at least twice, maybe three times.  I had a friend try it just once as well....same for him.   So, button mashing it is.  I suck at shift grabs as well.  I go in front of the counselor, grab, and....still 10 feet in front of me.  I don't get it. 

10 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I suck at shift grab. With that said I can say most of the above mentions as far as being just in front to the side of your target then press grab should work, it's my execution that normally makes me miss. One thing that helps me is using senses before I shift, so much easier to see them glowing red as a target. I miss ALOT when I don't use senses before I shift. Hope that helps, keep trying to kill those pesky kids messing up our camp!

i have no idea how people can be so good at shift-grabbing a weaving counselor without using sense. especially when they're wearing clothing colored very similarly to the environment. maybe it's just me but it's too easy to lose people. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i have no idea how people can be so good at shift-grabbing a weaving counselor without using sense. especially when they're wearing clothing colored very similarly to the environment. maybe it's just me but it's too easy to lose people. 

Right! No doubt, if they get out of sight I lose them every time. With sense on it's much easier to track them for me, still miss sometimes but at least I'm close enough to throw a knife.

If you suck at shift grabbing try morphing ahead of them and exit shift. Turn around and grab them. They'll see you, but since their momentum is moving towards you, they may not have time to react.