Sign in to follow this  
bewareofbears

Does Illphonic Track/Monitor Jason Stats?

10 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Those are nice tidbits. 9 posts in the month of November is it though from Courier.

I'm unsure if the publishers are silent because Courier's here now. I'm fine with a little less from Gun and a little more from Illphonic though. Gun are the talkers, Illphonic are the doers. 

I'm hoping he's not hiding in the Discord and is actually engaging the community on all fronts.

Honestly, I haven't seen him on Reddit for a while.  He posted once and then that's the last I saw.  Granted I don't check every thread but even still the fact there is a thread on these forums called IllFonics Negligence and there is no response from him or Gun says a lot.  Pretty much Discord gets all the attention because if you say anything negative there you get banned or shunned by the community.  It's all sunshine and rainbows there which is why I don't go there.  I left for a while and seems like the same communication issues are still happening.  Shame.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corkenstein said:

Honestly, I haven't seen him on Reddit for a while.  He posted once and then that's the last I saw.  Granted I don't check every thread but even still the fact there is a thread on these forums called IllFonics Negligence and there is no response from him or Gun says a lot.  Pretty much Discord gets all the attention because if you say anything negative there you get banned or shunned by the community.  It's all sunshine and rainbows there which is why I don't go there.  I left for a while and seems like the same communication issues are still happening.  Shame.  

It does sound like they're mostly in the fan-run Discord still. I wonder if that's why we ended up with Halloween costumes and dancing emotes...

There was a brief time there where it looked like they'd be engaging the forum more but it's gone mostly silent again. It is a shame.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 11:13 PM, bewareofbears said:

Does Illphonic track/monitor the stats for the Jasons?

I have been a software engineer for over 40 years, primarily working on enterprise client/server applications, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that the answer is NO!  They are barely able to track the stats required for trophies, let alone anything else.  Think about it.  They aren’t able to write a simple server application for the PSN and XBox servers that works under high loads.  Every time the servers are under a moderate load (yes moderate in industry terms), they start to fail.  There isn’t any redundancy in the system either, which is why everything is lost if the host leaves.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

I have been a software engineer for over 40 years, primarily working on enterprise client/server applications, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that the answer is NO!  They are barely able to track the stats required for trophies, let alone anything else.  Think about it.  They aren’t able to write a simple server application for the PSN and XBox servers that works under high loads.  Every time the servers are under a moderate load (yes moderate in industry terms), they start to fail.  There isn’t any redundancy in the system either, which is why everything is lost if the host leaves.

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply. I imagine if they were able to monitor things on their end we would see better balance fixes, etc.

41 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

I agree.

That's why my suggestion of revamping the progression system will never happen...It would require the game to accurately track certain things in order to complete the challenges to level things up, and that's something I don't think we can trust the game to do. It seems to have trouble tracking even the simplest things...

40 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I agree.

That's why my suggestion of revamping the progression system will never happen...It would require the game to accurately track certain things in order to complete the challenges to level things up, and that's something I don't think we can trust the game to do. It seems to have trouble tracking even the simplest things...

That is also a major thing for certification.  If it has any kind of stat tracking, it needs to be accurate or it automatically fails certification.