Laphin

Laphin's Official Video Thread! - Tune Here for Updated Content!

Let's refrain from bringing any arguments that occurred outside of here to the forums let's also not start additional ones either. Thanks.

• Like 2

Sorry for randomly showing up Laphin, but i wanted to say hi and I'm a fan of your streams even though I'm not subscribed,but again fan of your work and sorry for randomly showing up.

7 hours ago, EJW said:

Sorry for randomly showing up Laphin, but i wanted to say hi and I'm a fan of your streams even though I'm not subscribed,but again fan of your work and sorry for randomly showing up.

Hey man! you don't have to be subscribed to show love.  Just by you coming by and having a good time and enjoying the streams is mucho appreciated by me!!! Thanks so much!

• Like 2

When even Laphin's is starting to have doubts about the direction the game is going toward...

Listen buddy,i can understand your concerns,but at the same time what peoples need to understand is that this is a -work in progress- kind of game,the devs constantly need to update and tweak the game until we find ourselves with a product that will or might eventually satisfy everyone.

The game was basically released unfinished since there wasnt as much contents as peoples expected,but as times goes on more and more stuffs will be added.making the game more extended and a fuller experience.

As for adding or tweaking game mechanics and buffing/nerfing Jason/counsellors,it's a constant loop of testing the waters,waiting for replies then trying to find a middle ground that will make everyone happy,so let's wait and see where this is going as the months goes by.

Like i said this is a -work in progress- kind of game,peoples opinions of the game will change as the game also change as time goes by.

20 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

When even Laphin's is starting to have doubts about the direction the game is going toward...

i can understand this is a -work in progress- kind of game,

Like i said this is a -work in progress- kind of game

This game launched on May 26th 2017.

When can we finally have valid criticisms about it without worrying about how much time we should give these developers to get things right?

It's like they baked a pie without a tight recipe and served it early....

Hearing this from Laphin though,after being on this board since the beginning and seeing his and everyone else's sometimes overly positive (to a fault) opinions,is super strange...

But awesome.

I mean @Laphin calling them out for re-using the same assets on maps that already feel way too similar?

Music to my ears,even though I saw most of this coming months ago...

I have not always agreed with you,but I sure as hell do on this. You and the smaller dedicated streamers have probably outlived your use for the devs. You helped inform and establish a core community that Gun may now be taking for granted. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

This game launched on May 26th 2017.

When can we finally have valid criticisms about it without worrying about how much time we should give these developers to get things right?

It's like they baked a pie without a tight recipe and served it early....

Hearing this from Laphin though,after being on this board since the beginning and seeing his and everyone else's sometimes overly positive (to a fault) opinions,is super strange...

But awesome.

I mean @Laphin calling them out for re-using the same assets on maps that already feel way too similar?

Music to my ears,even though I saw most of this coming months ago...

I have not always agreed with you,but I sure as hell do on this. You and the smaller dedicated streamers have probably outlived your use for the devs. You helped inform and establish a core community that Gun may now be taking for granted. 

Well look at that,you edited my comment to make me look like i said something completely different,how low of you to do that.

I know that the game is not in a state that some of you guys originaly anticipated,but at least im patient and waiting to see where this game is going to go in the next months to come before giving my judgement on it.

Sure go ahead,give criticisms,but since this game constantly add new contents,then criticisms will also change constantly.

9 minutes ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

I know that the game is not in a state that some of you guys originaly anticipated,but at least im patient and waiting to see where this game is going to go in the next months to come before giving my judgement on it.

You're waiting until after the game has been out for months before giving a judgement? That shouldnt be how it works.

We have the product in our hands. We can judge it in is current state. Overtime our outlook will change if they've done enough to support the game and keep it fresh. Saying "at least im patient" is missing the point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You're waiting until after the game has been out for months before giving a judgement? That shouldnt be how it works.

We have the product in our hands. We can judge it in is current state. Overtime our outlook will change if they've done enough to support the game and keep it fresh. Saying "at least im patient" is missing the point. 

Well that's how i roll when a game is not in his final version yet,sweetheart.

Like when a Borderlands game come out,then receive Dlcs making it a much more richer experience,same for Diablo or Call of Duty or Battlefield,etc...

I will give a few suggestions (critiscisms) here and there,but my final judgment will be when the devs are done expanding the game with new contents.

23 minutes ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Well look at that,you edited my comment to make me look like i said something completely different,how low of you to do that.

Sure go ahead,give criticisms,but since this game constantly add new contents,then criticisms will also change constantly.

I don't think I'd call it low. I didn't drastically change your opinion or add new things to warp what you said.

You said it was a work in progress kind of game and I stated why I can't stand that argument,especially since the game has been out so long.

Do you NOT believe this is a work in progress kind of game now?

I'm confused.

Also,what @lHeartBreakerl said.

2 minutes ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

:wub:

2 minutes ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Like when a Borderlands game come out,then receive Dlcs making it a much more richer experience,same for Diablo or Call of Duty or Battlefield,etc...

I will give a few suggestions (critiscisms) here and there,but my final judgment will be when the devs are done expanding the game with new contents.

Final judgment? Sure. That should be saved for when the game stops getting updates and they kill development.

But you don't see reviewers waiting until a year after release to review a game. js.

Then let those reviewers review whenever they want,but for me i'll wait before giving my final verdict.

Anyway,im not going to continue arguing about this,go ahead and criticise the game,im not stopping you or anything.

1 hour ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

VHsoDnO.gif

So what... how many days of in game time should we wait for? I have over 20 days in game.. is it time yet??

Well, the devs have said that this is not early access or a beta build...this is the final product. The final product should be judged as it is the end result of their labor. Fixing bugs and stuff is supporting the final product they created. DLC are extras, not part of the base game, which is why they get their own special reviews. 

This is a non racist opinion*

I'm not pointing at anyone in particular but to make the game more immersive and more scary it also matters who (online players) you play with!!  If you play in the same private party over and over with people who complain or people that joke using character voices or people who don't get scared or use their imagination at all, then the game will get bland quick ... here imagine if you played with 7 players with my paranoid ass? Take a look at this short clip - https://clips.twitch.tv/CloudyBoredStrawberryBCWarrior?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

ok that also being said imagine if "Stalk" started at beginning of the match?

again I'm not talking about anyone I know I'm just saying I've ran into moments or have seen these moments where game immersion lost the feel from emotion or attitude or goofy players! Don't take this the wrong way because I myself also get silly sometimes with using a voice disguiser!

3 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

This is a non racist opinion*

I'm not pointing at anyone in particular but to make the game more immersive and more scary it also matters who (online players) you play with!!  If you play in the same private party over and over with people who complain or people that joke using character voices or people who don't get scared or use their imagination at all, then the game will get bland quick ... here imagine if you played with 7 players with my paranoid ass? Take a look at this short clip - https://clips.twitch.tv/CloudyBoredStrawberryBCWarrior?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

ok that also being said imagine if "Stalk" started at beginning of the match?

again I'm not talking about anyone I know I'm just saying I've ran into moments or have seen these moments where game immersion lost the feel from emotion or attitude or goofy players! Don't take this the wrong way because I myself also get silly sometimes with using a voice disguiser!

But that's not the problem.  We play with viewers of all races and minds.  Some silly, some not.  But through all these folks that have come in and played, a lot of them are expressing themselves about this game going in the wrong direction.  It's not the players.  It's the game for sure.  Yeah, it's somewhat scary at times (particularly in cabins because Jason can't find you as easy), and yeah, it can be suspenseful.  But some have a greater vision for this game, it could be SO MUCH more.  And they are currently veering off course with that vision.. making the game sillier with emotes/clothes and the already clunky mechanics.  This game needs to be set back on the correct direction again, and it should be growing and surprising us when we grow bored of something.  Not temporarily tending the wound with silly content drops that are all mostly cosmetic, and just silly stuff.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Laphin said:

But that's not the problem.  We play with viewers of all races and minds.  Some silly, some not.  But through all these folks that have come in and played, a lot of them are expressing themselves about this game going in the wrong direction.  It's not the players.  It's the game for sure.  Yeah, it's somewhat scary at times (particularly in cabins because Jason can't find you as easy), and yeah, it can be suspenseful.  But some have a greater vision for this game, it could be SO MUCH more.  And they are currently veering off course with that vision.. making the game sillier with emotes/clothes and the already clunky mechanics.  This game needs to be set back on the correct direction again, and it should be growing and surprising us when we grow bored of something.  Not temporarily tending the wound with silly content drops that are all mostly cosmetic, and just silly stuff.

Well said. Hopefully they can get back on track before the ugly sweater clothing pack drops for Christmas /s.

Definitley needs to move back into the survival horror direction rather than adding silly dances and halloween costumes. 

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Well said. Hopefully they can get back on track before the ugly sweater clothing pack drops for Christmas /s.

Definitley needs to move back into the survival horror direction rather than adding silly dances and halloween costumes. 

Well the silly add ones don't really effect immersion for me! And I only mentioned the players were "also" part of it not the entire thing 

5 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

ugly sweater clothing pack drops for Christmas /s.

You joke....

But I expect it.

And reindeer antlers for LaChappa.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 8:58 AM, AldermachXI said:

I think we all get silly with games for fun from time to time hell even me and my group had battle royals in packanack but that's all we don't bring it every game!  Again immersion can be ruined mostly if you play the same lobby of people and they are all negative down silly non stop or pretend that nothing scares them! That's why I try and bring different friends into "quickplay" or mix my private friends matches up! 

15 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I think we all get silly with games for fun from time to time hell even me and my group had battle royals in packanack but that's all we don't bring it every game!  Again immersion can be ruined mostly if you play the same lobby of people and they are all negative down silly non stop or pretend that nothing scares them! That's why I try and bring different friends into "quickplay" or mix my private friends matches up! 

That’s y I enjoy quick play u get all sorts of players. If u don’t like some u can just leave and search for another lobby 

• Like 1

OK, let's direct this thread back to the topic and not have it devolve into a back and forth. Agree to disagree and move on. 

@AldermachXI it isn't censorship, there are posting rules here that need to be adhered to. As always I appreciate your cooperation in following the established rules.