DiegoElFuego

Anyone else just quit when they're Jason anymore? LOL

74 posts in this topic

I used to quit when I was chosen as Jason when I started playing the game. I was to afraid to get bullied by counselors...

Its ironic how now I actually play Jason and I always get tunnel by Jason because I bully him.

No, I just play him until the host eventually quits or I have a connection error.

2 people like this

Sometimes I quit, but I'm a level 20 and never really enjoyed playing as Jason, as I suck. I got 4 kills once, but I suck, and after the patch I suck even more. The last 3 times I was chose to be Jason, I quit. 

It was my preference to play Jason before this patch. But between the grab and how easy it now seems to knock him on his ass, No thanks.

1 person likes this

I do not, because I'm not a pansy and killing everyone isn't everything to me. Learn, adapt and quit whining. Jason's grab really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's not perfect, but if you're having issues that bad then you are just bad.

3 people like this

I've got my preference set to counselor so i don't worry too much about getting picked, but it seems like every day i hear more and more people say they hope they're NOT jason while in the lobby. so far tonight I've had two jasons quit. the first time, he left immediately - i didn't even make it to my first cabin.  the second time was about two minutes in after the police had been called and the battery had been put in the 4-seater.

7 hours ago, TheReaper666 said:

Sometimes I quit, but I'm a level 20 and never really enjoyed playing as Jason, as I suck. I got 4 kills once, but I suck, and after the patch I suck even more. The last 3 times I was chose to be Jason, I quit. 

It's alright dude, you'll get better. One of my friends only just started getting 8/8 at level 72, now he's a beast. What platform do you play on, anyway? 

2 people like this

Absolutely not. This is just one level below the host quitting & disrupting the game for everyone. 

I'm not a great Jason player either & I genuinely prefer playing the counselor but even with my preference set to it, I still get chosen as Jason on occasion but I still play the match. If I make a fool of myself, so be it - I refuse to end the match because the game didn't start the way I wanted it to. That's a douchey bitch move & I will not stoop to the level of the idiots within the online gaming community.

Not that it matters much; chances are the connection will get lost like it does every other match, anyway. 

3 people like this

I only like to play as Jason with my friends/private matches. Yeah, during public matches I always quit when I'm Jason. #sorrynotsorry

I love playing as Jason so no...   For me it brings me flash backs of playing Left 4 Dead Special Infect and tank.  I got into evil hunt mode.   Feels natural to me..loi

16 hours ago, DiegoElFuego said:

Yeah. That's me. 

JASON KILL THEM ALL!

"Nah"

I still try to kill everyone as Jason. And I play with the best most of the time.

1 person likes this

I still do but its a headache to play as him now please revert back to oct 11 jason 

2 people like this

I'm terrible at playing as Jason and don't enjoy it (regardless of the patch) and have my preference set to Counsellor, but if it happens, I don't quit, because I feel like I'd be letting the game down. As much as I hate it, I feel a responsibility if I'm Jason to at least try and make the game fun for the others.

13 hours ago, DEATH said:

I do not, because I'm not a pansy and killing everyone isn't everything to me. Learn, adapt and quit whining. Jason's grab really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's not perfect, but if you're having issues that bad then you are just bad.

Knew a tryhard was going to come in sooner or later.

You can be trapped at the end of a hallway, walls on 3 sides, with only inches to spare, and still juke Jason. There's a reason that I've switched my counselor to Vanessa.

And nobody said it was giving me problems. When I played Jason since the patch, I've still gotten an average 6/8-8/8. Part 2 Jason hovering over objectives is going to get almost everybody every time, in quick match regardless because there's no teamwork and everyone wants a car. It just now takes until the final minutes anymore, because you are easier to knockdown, which gives them more time to recover stam, or get into a house. Same thing when you miss a grab by an inch, they get some distance, and it takes just that much longer.

I'm still good at it since the patch, I just simply don't feel like it. Like buddy said above #sorrynotsorry

17 hours ago, DiegoElFuego said:

Yeah. That's me. 

JASON KILL THEM ALL!

"Nah"

*Reads patch notes* Tommy spawns with a pocket knife. Jason's grab range nerfed.

Murders lobby with axe. 8/8 kills.

Oh wait, Jason has a grab button still? That's OP. Guess we will have to remove it next patch. :lol:

You are correct. New trend of Jason players rage quitting when they can't grab me with a Darth Vader force grab. Followed by the instant choke kill.

I always laugh when I find a long table inside a large cabin on any map. Had a Jason chase me for 10 minutes. Then he says I give up. Jason left the game. ? 

24 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I always laugh when I find a long table inside a large cabin on any map. Had a Jason chase me for 10 minutes. Then he says I give up. Jason left the game. ? 

You could do that pre-patch, it's just boring as fuck. 

You could grab people from the other side of the couch/table at just the right time, pre patch of course. And you'd both have to be on the long sides.

1 hour ago, Alcanx said:

You could do that pre-patch, it's just boring as fuck. 

That is true. He can't pull me through the table now with his Jedi powers. He has to work to kill me now.

I'm level 101. I enjoy being a distraction for Jason. I don't need XP until they add that 150 cap increase.

I think it's funny how hard someone will try to chase you down thinking it will be an easy kill.

I use Vanessa. Epic restful and epic marathon perk.

When Jason shifts I just run to the next room and wait for him to follow.

Then loop back to the table while he is confused looking for me.

I use a nice hiding spot that makes Jason waste 1 minute easy before the table chase begins.

I still play as him (I leave my preference up for the points plus those stupidly high Jason match achievements), but it's usually with a sigh. While my overall performance has generally been the same as Jason, it's just filled with so many frustrations due to his buggy-ass gameplay that half the match is spent playing such that I have to "prepare" the stage before I can start to enjoy myself. I enjoyed his gameplay more when shit just worked.

• I don't enjoy pressing the 'E' button fifteen times to pick up one knife.
  • I don't enjoy having to time my grab juuuuuust riiight and wait for CounselorExitAnimation.fbx to finish playing instead of ripping the counselor the fuck out of the window/seat.
  • I don't enjoy trying to use an environmental kill only to hear the sound effect play and watch the entire kill bug out until the counselor shakes free of my grasp.
  • I don't enjoy being anywhere close to a wall and losing all of my weapon swing damage because I tapped a salt shaker on the downswing.

And most importantly, I don't enjoy having to deal with such basic control issues over 5 months out from release. Did anyone working on this game play as Jason at any time during the last 2-3 patches? Because I don't understand how you can look at issues like, oh, I dunno, "I can't attack after blocking" and go "yep, this patch is ready for release". Some of these issues go back months. And don't get me wrong - the counselor changes and recent updates are fantastic! But at the end of the day, I don't give a shit how smooth the counselor gameplay is when the main killer's a little girl in a pink dress sticking a hot dog through a doughnut. Give me a challenge.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, GhostWolfViking said:

That is true. He can't pull me through the table now with his Jedi powers. He has to work to kill me now.

I'm level 101. I enjoy being a distraction for Jason. I don't need XP until they add that 150 cap increase.

I think it's funny how hard someone will try to chase you down thinking it will be an easy kill.

I use Vanessa. Epic restful and epic marathon perk.

When Jason shifts I just run to the next room and wait for him to follow.

Then loop back to the table while he is confused looking for me.

I use a nice hiding spot that makes Jason waste 1 minute easy before the table chase begins.

"He has to work to kill me now."

Wow, and seems like you're working REAL hard to evade him. 

2 people like this