Sign in to follow this  
kohagan

What do you really love about the Game ?

Okay, so this is positive post , we all know a lot of peoples issues but what is it you really like about the game ? - and not, i used to like this pre patch  blah de blah. Let's see a little love around here :D

For me i think they've nailed the look and feel - so authentic, the atmosphere which of course is helped by the brilliant soundtrack.

The cat and mouse chases between councilor and jason can be exciting, very movie like at times,

In one of my first matches i found myself locked in a cabin as a jason part 2 was smashing down the door, he stood at the door then walked back out, the music ended and it was all silent, was he gone ? i walked toward the door - then boom, hes back in, Oh Shit ! i threw down the firecrackers but he knew it was coming. it was a face off,both of us standing there, jason at the door entrance, i was stood behind a table and when the firecrackers ended he made his move, i went left for the door, he caught me in a grab.

I accidently hit triangle and emotes came up, i thought i was dead but i'd managed to break free,( i must of had a pocket knife or i bashed the buttons hard, i forget). I made a bolt for it to another cabin, i ran inside and slammed the door shut, straight away hes outside, my god leave me alone.

I ran to around the cabin to the next exit door , it was a cabin i'd just been in and id layed out a bear trap. He then started smashing that door, then walks straight into the trap = it payed off ! i quickly ran out the window and hid behind some rocks, screen all blacking out in fear. Holy shit that was intense but fun !!I got away then but later in the match i was toast.

I mean bits like this below is what does it for me.

• Like 1

Besides what you have said, I actually do enjoy the social aspect of with the people I have met in private lobbies.  Most of the private player base is really cool.  

• Like 1

The gameplay in a lobby of friends. That's what the game was really designed around, and it is a completely different experience to the typical quick play matches with randoms. When you're playing with cool, fun people and working together it's always a good time, even when you don't play seriously.

I think the they did a good job capturing the essence of the films in terms of the final chases and whatnot. The look of the maps, the areas from the films, a lot of the Jasons, the sound etc.

However, the key difference is film vs game and gaming crowds aren't always the same as film crowds. But since this is supposed to be positive, I'll leave it at that.

3 hours ago, kohagan said:

For me I think they've nailed the look and feel - so authentic, the atmosphere which of course is brilliant.

It used to be. Now it's rabbits and sexy cops beating Jason up with frying pans and dancing over his body.

That's why people are pissed off. I'm glad you enjoy the atmosphere, but it used to be 10x better when Jason was actually effective, and before all the ridiculous DLC.

Every update takes the game further and further away from authenticity and into cash-grab, pandering, lowest denominator bullshit.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

It used to be. Now it's rabbits and sexy cops beating Jason up with frying pans and dancing over his body.

That's why people are pissed off. I'm glad you enjoy the atmosphere, but it used to be 10x better when Jason was actually effective, and before all the ridiculous DLC.

Every update takes the game further and further away from authenticity and into cash-grab, pandering, lowest denominator bullshit.

FRwVYyT.gif

I love the details that were put into the maps, the music, and the fun of playing with a cool lobby. 

Everything aside from the bugs and consoles not having dedicated servers hahaha. I love the light hearted nature of the DLC so far, echoing the light hearted counselors before their untimely demises. Getting a jump from a good shift grab or dying after an epic chase. So many reasons why I keep coming back.

this games fun az fuq!! the only thing that kills it for me is host quiters/connection errors... 

but yea... i love the hunt as jason!! and surviving, or trying too, as counselors.

yea there some bullshit moments but meh... whatever idc... i still enjoy the game. 

needs more jason kills!!!!

My favorite thing about this game always will be playing Jason. Although he was nerfed, he is still a blast to play and I feel very rewarded whenever I do well. As a counselor, I feel like it's more luck based; you can piss around and still manage to escape. If you piss around with Jason, you lose badly. I love the strategy.

21 minutes ago, Darthblue said:

I love the music, all versions of Jason ,Tiffanny & Jenny

jenny in that swimsuit!! damn jenny why u hiding all that cake!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

We have multiple topics like this one- the search tool is your friend. ;)

If I remember right, last time I said: Part 8 Jason.

Ah sorry bout that I did search and nothing came up, apologies. 

5 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

As I said we know the gripes, was trying keep it a positive thread:)) 

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

If I remember right, last time I said: Part 8 Jason.

God, this. I love playing with friends and decent people as much as the next guy but I can love that in any multiplayer game.

What I love about this game is the Jason models, notably 3+8 since they're my favourite looking Jason's. Damn, the Jason models in this game are just... gorgeous. I kind of wish we had optional Jason clothing like we do councillors just so I could 360 'mire each one lmao. 

Also, say what you will about part 8's unmasked face, he still looks better than he did in the movie. ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

What I love about this game is the Jason models, notably 3+8 since they're my favourite looking Jason's. Damn, the Jason models in this game are just... gorgeous. I kind of wish we had optional Jason clothing like we do councillors just so I could 360 'mire each one lmao. 

Also, say what you will about part 8's unmasked face, he still looks better than he did in the movie. ?

I agree, they're very very good. 

8 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Agreed. This game is getting on my nerves more then it makes me happy anymore. I used to love this game but now I’m leaning more towards the competition and have been playing DbD more and more. 

However, what I do enjoy about the game still is the attention to detail the first three maps had to the movies. They look almost perfect when compared to the movies. It’s made re-watching the movies a great time! ?

Except the Jarvis house map. It’s so off from the movie I couldn’t help notice it before I even re-watched Part 4. It looks awful compared to the movie but hey it is just a map whatever right? But then I saw the atrocious looking Jason. He looks fucking awful! What the hell were they thinking?! It looks laughably bad, and nothing like he movie! They did such a good job with all the other Jasons I’m just so confused as to how they messed that up this time. 

12 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Besides what you have said, I actually do enjoy the social aspect of with the people I have met in private lobbies.  Most of the private player base is really cool.  

this is one of my favorite aspects of the game as well. i've met so many cool people playing this game. what's great is that if you get a lobby full of fun players, it can make the mechanical issues a little less frustrating. i've never been much for online multi-players because most games i've played are full of insufferable pricks, but i love this franchise enough that i decided to subject myself to it and i'm glad i did. 

as far as game play, there's nothing better than the feeling of slipping jason when you thought he had you cornered. 

31 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I love it when those two little white circles pop up in the middle of the black screen.

Gets the blood flowin'....

oof. this is one of my LEAST favorite parts of the game. they need to add "counselor only" asap!

;)

1. the fact that we got to see Kane hodder be Jason again

2. absolutely love the  gameplay it needs, a little Tweaking but the game is still unfinished

3 absolutely love the amount of work that went into the character designs

4.  I love that they brought my favorite Tommy Jarvis actor back to play Tommy Jarvis

5.  all the free DLC that we've been getting and they've only been charging for the crappy Dlc

6.they made the game fun to play as counselors or as Jason even though I prefer Jason, I still        like playing as councillors as well

7.  I love the fact that Jason has unique kills

8  I love the fact that you can actually fight Jason back, on the game with guns and stuff unlike other horror games where you can only use flashlights..

2 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

1. the fact that we got to see Kane hodder be Jason again

2. absolutely love the  gameplay it needs, a little Tweaking but the game is still unfinished

3 absolutely love the amount of work that went into the character designs

4.  I love that they brought my favorite Tommy Jarvis actor back to play Tommy Jarvis

5.  all the free DLC that we've been getting and they've only been charging for the crappy Dlc

6.they made the game fun to play as counselors or as Jason even though I prefer Jason, I still        like playing as councillors as well

7.  I love the fact that Jason has unique kills

8  I love the fact that you can actually fight Jason back, on the game with guns and stuff unlike other horror games where you can only use flashlights..

Great list.

• Like 1