7 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

How are you catering horrorfans if survivors constantly taunt the murders in DBD? that´s like the opposite of horror.

Also can poeple who love dbd so much that they want f13 to be like it pls go and play dbd.

Comparing the dlc´s and listing the murders is also a bit like apples and oranges.

There is taunting going on in Friday the 13th the game thanks to the new Emotes  (like the dancing emote).  This has nothing to do with the games and everything to do with a majority of people being asshats when they game online.

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Also Freddy is a joke on DBD. He is silent. Everyone who likes Freddy just a bit, should be highly disgusted by that.

That's because he's not based on the 1984 "A Nightmare on Elm Street" Freddy, but the 2010 remake.  Also if you go back and watch the original Nightmare on Elm Street, Freddy's all business.  He didn't become the comedic killer to a few movies later.

Why can't we just embrace both games and be happy?  I haven't had this much fun in a horror related game since Left for Dead 1 and 2 came out. Be happy and like what you like.  :) <3

Dead by Daylight has one epic flaw that keeps me from playing it. The so called killers don't kill anyone. The killers hang them on The Entity's hook and The Entity kills them and draws them up into the sky. That is the one perfect reason why Friday the 13th is the game I play. I want to do the killing. In Dead by Daylight your the killer's helper. Not the killer.

• Like 4

I have 318 hours logged in this game since May, and the only thing pulling me away right now is BATTLEFRONT 2. I'll still be coming back to this, though, and will definitely keep buying all the DLCs. Looking forward to Roy!

*I also bought this game on Steam, and bought a buddy of mine a copy, an Xbox, and a year's worth of Xbox Live so he could play. He and I bonded as kids over our love of the franchise, so I just had to get him this.

10 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

To add to @Tattooey's comments on DLC, and more particularly paid DLC, since I own both games:

Dead by Daylight - A+

• Michael Myers / Laurie Strode
  • Leatherface
  • Freddy Krueger / Quentin

Friday the 13th - F

• Spring Break Clothes
  • Halloween Costumes, including Goku, a bunny, princess dress, etc.
  • 3 Grab Kills for Part IV Jason

This doesn't include free DLC, which also favours Dead by Daylight.

I paid 9 dollars for a clothing pack of recolours on Backerkit also- $9 dollars. It was a rip-off. You don't have to like Dead by Daylight to see it's actually catering to horror fans, instead of pandering to streamers and a small vocal group of cosmetic fanatics.

To be fair though, looking at the paid DLC types are much different too. Where DbD is making you pay for new survivors and killers, F13 releases them for free with new updates and offers cosmetic paid DLC instead. The DLC in F13 has no impact on gameplay, whereas the DLC for DbD are new characters that affect gameplay.

I find that DbD has had more "cash grabs" by releasing popular horror movie killers instead of designing their own characters. I would rather see something unique that the team designed rather than just trying to pick up as many horror franchises as they can.

For F13, we all knew that supporting F13 meant we would always get Jason because the game is specific to the F13 franchise. $9 is nothing to me. I gave my money to the team to support them and I have exclusive content because of it. If you feel as though you are getting ripped-off, maybe you should think twice before you support a kickstarter game again.

Look at the full list of Paid vs. Free DLC for each game and tell me the differences. You want to play a new character in DbD? You better have $7 to do so.

Dead by Daylight (released June 2016) Paid DLC

1. 80s Suitcase - Cosmetic Pack $2.99 - September 2016
  2. Halloween Chapter - Character/Map Pack $6.99 - October 2016
  3. Bloodstained Sack - Cosmetic Pack $2.99 - November 2016
  4. Of Flesh and Mud Chapter - Character/Map Pack $6.99 - December 2016
  5. Spark of Madness - Character/Map Pack $6.99 - May 2017
  6. Headcase - Cosmetic Pack $2.99 - June 2017
  7. Charity Case - Cosmetic Pack $4.99 - August 2017
  8. Leatherface - Character Pack $3.99 - September 2017
  9. Nightmare on Elm Street Chapter - Character/Map Pack $6.99 - October 2017

Dead by Daylight Free DLC

1. Last Breath Chapter - Character/Map Pack - August 2016
  2. Left Behind (PC Exclusive) - Character Pack - March 2017
  3. Lullaby for the Dark Chapter - Character/Map Pack - July 2017

F13 the Game (released May 2017) Paid DLC

1. Savini Jason (Backer Exclusive) - Character $6.00 - May 2017
  2. Counselor Clothing Pack (Backer Exclusive) - Cosmetic Pack $9.00 - May 2017
  3. Spring Break Clothing Pack - Cosmetic Pack $1.99 - September 2017
  4. Dancing Emote Pack - Cosmetic Pack $1.99 - October 2017
  5. Halloween Costume Pack - Cosmetic Pack $1.99 - October 2017
  6. Part IV Premium Kill Pack - Cosmetic Pack $2.99 - October 2017

F13 the Game Free DLC

1. Retro Jason - Cosmetic Skin (Soon to be Character) - June 2017
  2. Retro Counselor Clothing Pack - Cosmetic Pack - June 2017
  3. Small Maps (x3) - New Maps - August 2017
  4. Free Emote DLC - Cosmetic Pack - August 2017
  5. Bloody Jason Skins (Retail Edition) - October 2017*
  6. Counselor Clothing Pack (Retail Edition) - October 2017*
  7. Part IV Content Update - Character/Map Pack - October 2017
  8. Fox Counselor - Character - October 2017

(*this DLC comes free with physical copies of the game)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

also bought this game on Steam, and bought a buddy of mine a copy, an Xbox, and a year's worth of Xbox Live so he could play. He and I bonded as kids over our love of the franchise, so I just had to get him this.

You're an awesome friend!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Dead by Daylight has one epic flaw that keeps me from playing it. The so called killers don't kill anyone. The killers hang them on The Entity's hook and The Entity kills them and draws them up into the sky. That is the one perfect reason why Friday the 13th is the game I play. I want to do the killing. In Dead by Daylight your the killer's helper. Not the killer.

YOU WOULD BE WRONG SIR!!  :D

Michael myers can do an insta kill when he has his perk at level 3.  Get the ultra rare tombstone offering and he can insta kill till the end of time.  

If anybody on here owns both games and an Xbox system and would like to play, you can message me for my gamertag.  Always looking for a few more good friends to join my ever growing army of good gamers!  :D

• Like 2

@AdrianBlackbear

You make good points but the quality of that free content from Friday the 13th is fairly low. I'll readily say Mitch and Fox are positive or decent quality additions but outside of that- purple Jason is a quick recolour of Part 3, the new smaller maps are recycled assets, the Jarvis map is somewhat broken and only features a couple of unique areas and the quality of Part IV Jason is difficult to determine due to the game's many current issues. Even still, Part IV's biggest addition to the game is aesthetic.

The killers, survivors and maps from Dead by Daylight offer significant changes to gameplay while the offerings from Friday the 13th have all virtually been cosmetic. Even the new counselors and Jason bring very little in terms of new or unique gameplay.

I appreciate the well thought out reply and yep, I will definitely think twice before supporting a Kickstarter again. I think I've said as much a few times that I've been soured on supporting Kickstarter projects by this game. The $9 clothing pack was a rip off, exclusive or not. :) 

I think you'll see new original killers in Dead by Daylight soon enough. That's another big difference- you can count on Dead by Daylight improving and releasing new content that encourages replay value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@AdrianBlackbear

You make good points but the quality of that free content from Friday the 13th is fairly low. I'll readily say Mitch and Fox are positive or decent quality additions but outside of that- purple Jason is a quick recolour of Part 3, the new smaller maps are recycled assets, the Jarvis map is somewhat broken and only features a couple of unique areas and the quality of Part IV Jason is difficult to determine due to the game's many current issues. Even still, Part IV's biggest addition to the game is aesthetic.

The killers, survivors and maps from Dead by Daylight offer significant changes to gameplay while the offerings from Friday the 13th have all virtually been cosmetic. Even the new counselors and Jason bring very little in terms of new or unique gameplay.

I appreciate the well thought out reply and yep, I will definitely think twice before supporting a Kickstarter again. I think I've said as much a few times that I've been soured on supporting Kickstarter projects by this game. The $9 clothing pack was a rip off, exclusive or not. :) 

I think you'll see new original killers in Dead by Daylight soon enough. That's another big difference- you can count on Dead by Daylight improving and releasing new content that encourages replay value.

Making the list allowed me to see how frequently DbD pushes out new content, and that is great for their company. My only fault with DbD currently is that there is a clear divide between PC and console support, whereas F13 keeps most equal for all versions of the game.  I like both games, but I can see your points. I still love F13 for what it is. 

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

@AdrianBlackbear

I will definitely think twice before supporting a Kickstarter again. I think I've said as much a few times that I've been soured on supporting Kickstarter projects by this game. 

I agree.  This was my first project that I supported ever for kickstarter.  It's gotta be something really special before I even think of supporting a kickstarter project again. What made me support them in the first place was the special early bird price of $25 US dollars.  Converting that to Canadian and I only played about $35 bucks after taxes.  I didnt have to pay for shipping and handling, which can sometimes be very expensive. 

2 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

My only fault with DbD currently is that there is a clear divide between PC and console support, whereas F13 keeps most equal for all versions of the game. 

That's nobody's fault.  It's just the way steam works compared to Sony and Microsoft.  Yeah, steam is cheaper to setup your game, patch and update your game, but they allow anybody to submit a game.  There's a lot of crappy games on steam.  At the end of the day, a company that has to pay a little fee or none at all will always support PC machines first over a console.  It's just the facts of life.  :/

30 minutes ago, SCREWNUT said:

Michael myers can do an insta kill when he has his perk at level 3.  Get the ultra rare tombstone offering and he can insta kill till the end of time.  

If anybody on here owns both games and an Xbox system and would like to play, you can message me for my gamertag.  Always looking for a few more good friends to join my ever growing army of good gamers!  :D

Yawn

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Making the list allowed me to see how frequently DbD pushes out new content, and that is great for their company. My only fault with DbD currently is that there is a clear divide between PC and console support, whereas F13 keeps most equal for all versions of the game.  I like both games, but I can see your points. I still love F13 for what it is. 

I haven't minded PC getting the new content for Dead by Daylight first. They seem to make fixes based on what the PC players experience first and those fixes usually come with the new content.

23 minutes ago, SCREWNUT said:

I agree.  This was my first project that I supported ever for kickstarter.  It's gotta be something really special before I even think of supporting a kickstarter project again. What made me support them in the first place was the special early bird price of $25 US dollars.  Converting that to Canadian and I only played about $35 bucks after taxes.  I didnt have to pay for shipping and handling, which can sometimes be very expensive. 

Our dollar sucks right now. Shipping to Canada is ridiculous.

I owe you a like when mine replinish for posting that video. That was the first time I was killed by hand and it happened on Halloween no less. :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tattooey said:

6. If you leave everything you have done in the match is wasted. No xp or cp for the console versions.

I'm almost certain the only thing you DON'T get is the 500 xp for staying til the end. All XP and CP you gain in the match is added when you leave.

Unless the lobby drops or the host quits. That's a different problem. 

All versions. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Nope. Those differences aren't enough and the unique attributes they give them are cute at best.  I don't know anything about the default killers so maybe they're amazing, but the licenced ones are cheap. 

The game is a cash grab piece of trash as far as I can tell. 

They’re not enough? Is that it? That’s your whole argument? Wow. Ok. Well I stand by what I said before.

Simple mind, simple arguments.

Simple mind? That's not nice. I operate complex systems for a living. 

I also built 2 computers from scratch (basically) in the last month for fun. I know it's not that complicated but it's not simple. A lot of people don't even know what a GPU is.

So that means I'm right. 

I said it before...DBD is a Slim Jim, while F13 is a nice cut of steak. 

And now I'm hungry.

5 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Simple mind? That's not nice. I operate complex systems for a living. 

I also built 2 computers from scratch (basically) in the last month for fun. I know it's not that complicated but it's not simple. A lot of people don't even know what a GPU is.

So that means I'm right. 

I said it before...DBD is a Slim Jim, while F13 is a nice cut of steak. 

And now I'm hungry.

What’s a GPU?

So building computers means you’re the end all, be all of human intelligence? What you say actually means something?! 

Good for you. Good for you. 

I'm not the end all and be all of intelligence, I'm just in the top 5% of the world. At least that's what the government told me after I took that test.  

It's opinion. I can't bash on DBD anymore. I just take it a little too personal when people fuck with my boys (Freddy, Jason, etc). 

Clearly it's not complete garbage. It's just a less than fulfilling experience when it comes to the franchise killers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SCREWNUT said:

The only reason I even considered backing Gun Media on this was because they got the F13 license. If it was still named Summer Camp I wouldn't have even considered it. I would've waited for its release and read reviews before I purchased and even then probably would not have purchased as I'm not into multiplayer at all. That being said I think calling Illfonic negligent is a bit harsh. I was VERY pissed off and frustrated with the August patch because it broke so much in the game. After reading Illfonics response and them owning up to their screw up I was still pissed but waited for the next patches. I will say this last patch fixed a ton of stuff I like and have enjoyed the game more except for the grab nerf. I think they went too far with it and need to expand the range just a tad bit.

As far as DBD goes...the streamer that I normally play F13 with also owns DBD and I've watched them play as well as have seen youtube videos of game play. DBD looks and plays like ass. There seems to be only one objective with generators and then you escape. Looks extremely boring and tedious. This along with all of the DLC's that affect game play I will never even give DBD a chance. To each their own what they like. I don't hate DBD or its players nor do I care how many players there are vs F13. Just have no interest in it.

At least with F13 it FEELS like you are plucked right into the movie. The environment looks fantastic and with the addition of rain it really adds to the overall aesthetic. Watching Jason chase me and try to kill me is the best feeling in the world and gives me smiles. Despite the glitches that still exist. I know the devs will fix them eventually.

On 11/10/2017 at 2:25 PM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yawn

Ha ha ha ha.  

On 11/10/2017 at 2:32 PM, bewareofbears said:

I haven't minded PC getting the new content for Dead by Daylight first. They seem to make fixes based on what the PC players experience first and those fixes usually come with the new content.

Our dollar sucks right now. Shipping to Canada is ridiculous.

I owe you a like when mine replinish for posting that video. That was the first time I was killed by hand and it happened on Halloween no less. :)

I thought it was your video!  :)  ha ha.  He can be such a bitch (Myers) when he has that unlimited "Evil within level 3" perks.

43 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

1.  That being said I think calling Illfonic negligent is a bit harsh.

2.  As far as DBD goes...DBD looks and plays like ass. There seems to be only one objective with generators and then you escape. Looks extremely boring and tedious. I will never even give DBD a chance. 

3.  At least with F13 it FEELS like you are plucked right into the movie. The environment looks fantastic and with the addition of rain it really adds to the overall aesthetic. 

1.  I never called Illfonic/Gun negligent.  The OP did.  So don't pick on me.

2.  Looks like Ass?  Plays like Ass?  You've never played it, only watched it.  It's a different thing when your in the driver's seat.  As for playing like Ass.  Sometimes that's a good thing. ;)  Friday the 13th can come off extremely boring and tedious too.  If your unlucky and get killed within the first 5 mins of the game, your stuck waiting to collect your exp. points.  Well I agree that everybody is entitled to their own likes and dislikes, I feel that you have no business calling a game out on looks alone.  Play it first and then by all means call it a boring piece of ass candy if you must!  :)

3.  F13th doesn't feel like a movie at all.  Maybe a parody where the campers taunt, dance and generally try to teabag Jason to death or where you have a screaming, cursing Jason calling you names and saying they slept with your mother.  Then yes.  F13 is totally a downright terror filled orgasmic horror movie experience.  

5a049b8654e30_giphy(1).gif.cc1a2d3f68ccb45e902cd711f402ab49.gif

46 minutes ago, SCREWNUT said:

2.  Looks like Ass?  Plays like Ass?  You've never played it, only watched it.  It's a different thing when your in the driver's seat.  As for playing like Ass.  Sometimes that's a good thing.

3.  F13th doesn't feel like a movie at all.  Maybe a parody where the campers taunt, dance and generally try to teabag Jason to death or where you have a screaming, cursing Jason calling you names and saying they slept with your mother.  Then yes.  F13 is totally a downright terror filled orgasmic horror movie experience.  

I purchased DBD and even after forcing myself to play it.. to get my moneys worth. The look of the game is what turned me off. And the whole.. Hook/generator thing made no sense..   It Looks very cheaply made.  And im not saying friday the 13th is perfect.. But compared to DBD ..Friday the 13th looks alot better in terms of visuals and atmosphere.

And this game does feel like a Friday the 13th game.. 

Its only a 'parody' in your mind.  As they say, reality is perception.  Even since a i was a kid i've never been scared of Jason.   I always used to sit around with friends and cheer him on as he killed campers.  Jason was pure murderous gold.  

That being said.. When im Jason.  I don't care what campers do. T bagging is just a waste of time.. Dancing is a waste of time. Most campers don't waste time doing that shit when Jason is being played well or they just end up dead.  

So your experience in This game is based off how good Jason is.

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I purchased DBD and even after forcing myself to play it.. to get my moneys worth. The look of the game is what turned me off. And the whole.. Hook/generator thing made no sense..   It Looks very cheaply made.  And im not saying friday the 13th is perfect.. But compared to DBD ..Friday the 13th looks alot better in terms of visuals and atmosphere.

And this game does feel like a Friday the 13th game.. 

Its only a 'parody' in your mind.  As they say, reality is perception.  Even since a i was a kid i've never been scared of Jason.   I always used to sit around with friends and cheer him on as he killed campers.  Jason was pure murderous gold.  

That being said.. When im Jason.  I don't care what campers do. T bagging is just a waste of time.. Dancing is a waste of time. Most campers don't waste time doing that shit when Jason is being played well or they just end up dead.  

So your experience in This game is based off how good Jason is.

At the end of the day, we all like what we like.  You can't change that.  

Illfonic should be able to fix issues without delaying for so long. I think the reason they wait to put out a patch is because they don’t want to wait on the certification process & certify twice in a month so they rather group all the fixes & content into one big patch. This leaves no room to fix new issues when a patch is implemented. Instead we must wait an entire month for a lousy fix that breaks more then it fixes.

How on earth is this game going to survive if we are forced to wait 4 to 5 months at a time for a new Jason & 1 new poorly designed map?

They finally hinted at maybe fixing part 7? How many countless threads of frustrated people have begged & begged for a simple tweak of his stats? By the time they fix part 7 maybe they can replace the only machete wielding Jason in the game with a giant Santa Clause armed with a candy cane colored dildo since that’s what everyone on here is eager for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SCREWNUT said:

this is what I was talking about earlier the overall presentation of Friday the 13th is 100 times better than dead by daylight , why didn't they make Michael Myers kill a little bit more cinematic like Jason's are or even the fatalities in Mortal Kombat,

another issue the  game has here Because I've heard from quite a few  people that Michael Myers Leatherface and Freddy Krueger all overpowered in fact if you go to steam right now people are begging them to Nerf Freddy Krueger  and that's an issue, because that puts his game in the category of pay-to-win and I can't stand games that do that, as I said before I like the game its a decent game but once Friday the 13 has all of its bugs worked out They won't even be in the same league anymore