Tattooey

Illfonics Negligence

125 posts in this topic

To add to @Tattooey's comments on DLC, and more particularly paid DLC, since I own both games:

Dead by Daylight - A+

• Michael Myers / Laurie Strode
  • Leatherface
  • Freddy Krueger / Quentin

Friday the 13th - F

• Spring Break Clothes
  • Halloween Costumes, including Goku, a bunny, princess dress, etc.
  • 3 Grab Kills for Part IV Jason

This doesn't include free DLC, which also favours Dead by Daylight.

I paid 9 dollars for a clothing pack of recolours on Backerkit also- $9 dollars. It was a rip-off. You don't have to like Dead by Daylight to see it's actually catering to horror fans, instead of pandering to streamers and a small vocal group of cosmetic fanatics.

4 people like this

How are you catering horrorfans if survivors constantly taunt the murders in DBD? that´s like the opposite of horror.

Also can poeple who love dbd so much that they want f13 to be like it pls go and play dbd.

Comparing the dlc´s and listing the murders is also a bit like apples and oranges.

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

How are you catering horrorfans if survivors constantly taunt the murders in DBD? that´s like the opposite of horror.

Also can poeple who love dbd so much that they want f13 to be like it pls go and play dbd.

Comparing the dlc´s and listing the murders is also a bit like apples and oranges.

Taunting happens in Dead by Daylight- definitely. Are you saying it doesn't happen in Friday the 13th?

We do play Dead by Daylight. We just want Friday the 13th to stop dropping the ball so fucking much so we can play Friday the 13th again (or more often).

What should we compare the DLC to then?

2 people like this

DLC´s don´t make a game good. There is a TON of other issues right now. Like not beeing able to hit in CS every 2nd time as counselor. Not beeing able to do anything as Jason besides knives and walking every 3rd Jasongame. STILL no customkeys. No bans or punishment for leavers, i had like 2 full matches out of 20 the last days. Still FPS drops. Still no counselor only option. Shall i go on?

No DLC can fix that or make the game more fun if those aren´t adressed. What use does a DLC have if other things just simply suck? I mean good for you if it just needs new content to make you happy, i am a bit more demanding here. 

Just now, pApA^LeGBa said:

DLC´s don´t make a game good. There is a TON of other issues right now. Like not beeing able to hit in CS every 2nd time as counselor. Not beeing able to do anything as Jason besides knives and walking every 3rd Jasongame. STILL no customkeys. No bans or punishment for leavers, i had like 2 full matches out of 20 the last days. Still FPS drops. Still no counselor only option. Shall i go on?

No DLC can fix that or make the game more fun if those aren´t adressed. What use does a DLC have if other things just simply suck? I mean good for you if it just needs new content to make you happy, i am a bit more demanding here. 

I agree with everything you mentioned- plus the DLC sucks. :)

The DLC killers in DBD are basically reskins. The character specific maps are basically reskins. Freddy, Leather and Myers never sent their victims up to an outer space crab creature.  

Dead By Daylight is like one of those local fairgrounds Halloween haunted houses.

F13 is like a haunted house on the real movie set, with the real Kane Hodder.

Not some cpu generated animation. Or the generic looking remake Freddy that no one cares about. DBD might have more going for it on pure gaming level, but it doesn't hold my interest long enough for me to recognize it. 

Hmm I wonder if Gun/Illfonic ever considered getting the rights for Freddy. I wonder if they ever conceived of a concept for a Freddy game. 

2 people like this

10 hours ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Thats just how RNG works. The only way youre more likely to get Jason in a lobby that isnt private is to stay in the same lobby, however its not like its going to stick to a particular algorithm. Same principal as when you select random map. Sometime you end up getting Higgins small 3 times in a row, thats just how random works.

It did actually even out for me, in the end.

I went 58 games without being Jason, but by now I've played him 46 times in 366 games, which is actually right on the button for a 1-in-8 chance. If anything, I guess I was being selected as Jason way ahead of the curve beforehand.

Maybe I could've helped myself by setting my spawn preference to Jason, too. I just completely forgot about that. It was a weird old Jasonless run, and I kinda was entertained in a funny way seeing how long it could go on for.

1 person likes this

Also Freddy is a joke on DBD. He is silent. Everyone who likes Freddy just a bit, should be highly disgusted by that.

10 hours ago, Tattooey said:

1. You cannot see the killer’s gamertag until the game ends (so people don’t recognize a player)

Eople can still easily team with the killer, before the 'survive with friends' option was added, we had to keep joining and leave lobbies until we matched with friends. People still do this now but with the killer, they join and leave until their killer friend see's them join their lobby. 

2. You can repeatedly play as the killer (be the killer every single game)

Yeah, but killer lobbies take FOREVER to fill, and F13 has bigger lobbies 8>5.

3. The killer is awarded with XP for rage quitting survivors (more XP for a rage quit then a kill)

This has been fixed, Jason now gets xp from mid-kill quits. I would like him to get xp from general rage quits and suicide too, however. 

4. Killers actually have their own unique powers & upgrades (each killer has his own gameplay style)

Jason's have their own unique strength's and weaknesses. Some are better at tunneling and some are better ar map control. Tbh, whilst the dbd killers do have their own abilities, the games play pretty much the same. Avoid killer, fix generators, done.

5. Killer’s & Survivors have their own ranking system, perks, & consumables (acquiring rare perks is simple)

I do like the bloodweb more over slot machine perks. Finding items, however, is just part of F13's gameplay. 

6. You are free to leave the game as soon as you die or escape (you don’t have spectate)

Yeah, this has been a problem since launch. I think it has something to do with Tommy, he can't spawn in if everyone leaves. Also, Dbd lobbies are smaller, temporary and hosted by the killer. You need to make/find a new lobby after every game, which can take about the same time it would to spectate the rest of the game.

As someone who plays with friends, I prefer F13's current lobby system. I can see people preferring DbD's if they play solo, though. 

7. Servers are far more stable (you never crash or dashboard)

HA! Whilst I haven't crashed on DbD as much as I have F13, you certainly do crash. Quite a bit, actually. 

Not only do games take a long time to load, there seems to be a glitch where the game simply DOESN'T load, it traps you on the loading screen permanently. I've gotten this glitch/crash more time than I'd like. 

8. There are several maps to play (New maps added monthly)

I would like more maps, but unlike DbD, F13 keeps their maps 'canon'. You can't just make a map and throw some generatos on it, it needs to relate to the movies.

9. Several unique killers to choose (no two killers are alike)

In a game called Friday the 13th: The Game, what other killers would you like?

They've done a very good job of making every Jason as unique as they can, given that it's literally the same guy each time. I prefer to switch between part 8 and part 3 and they both play different enough for me to switch up my tactics each time. 

10. New killers released monthly (3 horror movie icons released in 2 to 3 month period)

Again, who else CAN they add? This isn't a generic cat-and-mouse game, it's FRIDAY THE 13TH. 

Just because they add more 'horror icons' doesn't automatically make them better than F13, it's a quality > quantity ordeal. Sure, they have Freddy now, but I don't remember the guy running around shoving people on hooks for some higher power to slurp up. DbD will NEVER be true to their origins or stories like F13. 

11. Patches take days to weeks to release & fix (very quick & no painful wait)

Nothing to add, really. I agree. Though F13 is newer than DbD, Dead is pretty stable right now and is having no major changes bar the Halloween update, F13 is currently trying to stabalize itself whilst simultaneously doing the DLC roadmap, they bit off more than they could chew IMO. 

12. DLC actually stays relevant to the games atmosphere & immersion (content actual adds replay value & longevity)

...Not really. I can't agree with this one, all they add is new killers and maps, killers may be different but at the end of the day they still do the same thing. Chase, catch, hook. 

13. New patches & content is given a date (ETA is given)

We have a date: SOON™.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

To add to @Tattooey's comments on DLC, and more particularly paid DLC, since I own both games:

Dead by Daylight - A+

• Michael Myers / Laurie Strode
  • Leatherface
  • Freddy Krueger / Quentin

Friday the 13th - F

• Spring Break Clothes
  • Halloween Costumes, including Goku, a bunny, princess dress, etc.
  • 3 Grab Kills for Part IV Jason

This doesn't include free DLC, which also favours Dead by Daylight.

I paid 9 dollars for a clothing pack of recolours on Backerkit also- $9 dollars. It was a rip-off. You don't have to like Dead by Daylight to see it's actually catering to horror fans, instead of pandering to streamers and a small vocal group of cosmetic fanatics.

You forgot bloody Jason skins, Part 4 and the Jarvis map, which we got (or will get) for free. All the non-horror stuff in F13 is optional wereas all the 'horror' stuff is given to us. 

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Also Freddy is a joke on DBD. He is silent. Everyone who likes Freddy just a bit, should be highly disgusted by that.

There's no love for Freddy in the land of video games. *cough*Gun/Ill get the rights!*cough*

What they should do, once they get the rights, is introduce Freddy in F13, with the FvJ Jason as DLCs with the maps and maybe a straight up one on one FIGHT MODE! Stop it!!

Then announce the Freddy game and the rest writes itself.

Think about it. If they can figure out how to make Jason work, with the Morph, the Shift and the music (I'd say those are the top 3 strokes of genius), then making Freddy work is gonna be a walk in the park.

You know they would kill it. I'm just picturing what it would be like paging though the different Freddy's. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc, etc. And they'd all look accurate...each glove. No New Nightmare though or Remake Freddy. And no NES Freddy....ok maybe NES Freddy.   

Also FvJ Freddy should be exclusive to F13.

I'm done

1 person likes this

While it makes sense to compare the two games to further an argument.

From an objective point of view, it could be said people are arguing about which turd is shinier than the other.

I think the most important thing people haven't yet mentioned is both communities are very toxic. Something they have in common. Also allegedly making sure the survivors have a better time than the killer is also something they share in common.

Though I've honestly not been bothered by Jason play as much as the nerf crisis that has been projected. Then again, I don't go into every game thinking 8/8 or too bad.

I'd like to point out that Emotes were something apparently some people wanted (not me). Taking them to task about it now makes everybody who did look like hypocrites. They should've just added a simple non voice chat feature for anyone who picked up or had a walkie perk. EZPZ lemon squeezy. Could've bypassed emotes all together, instead they added them, the Crispin Glover dance, etc.

The half naked counselor clothing outfits I chalk up to them wanting to nail the sex appeal of the game and while some have backpeddled on this. I think its fine. I would say the first thing people would say if they release actual crystal lake outfits. There will be complaints, likely about them being too boring. Point being, you'll never please anybody in a community. Same thing with winter outfits as opposed to xmas outfits.

Same thing with gameplay. They'll always be huge outcries of nerf/buff every update and for me, they've barely touched a lot of the core mechanics, probably in fear of meltdown and because they know something will break from their end.

I think some people are holding out hope for singleplayer and dedicated servers. They should mark significant changes to the game.

I do think hype is necessary, but I also think they should be providing more updates to back up the hype.

36 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

There's no love for Freddy in the land of video games. *cough*Gun/Ill get the rights!*cough*

What they should do, once they get the rights, is introduce Freddy in F13, with the FvJ Jason as DLCs with the maps and maybe a straight up one on one FIGHT MODE! Stop it!!

Think about it. If they can figure out how to make Jason work, with the Morph, the Shift and the music (I'd say those are the top 3 strokes of genius), then making Freddy work is gonna be a walk in the park.

You know they would kill it. I'm just picturing what it would be like paging though the different Freddy's. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc, etc. And they'd all look accurate...each glove. No New Nightmare though or Remake Freddy. And no NES Freddy....ok maybe NES Freddy.   

I'm done

I love Freddy but I can't get my head around how they'd do an elm St game unless it was like dream warriors. 

16 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I love Freddy but I can't get my head around how they'd do an elm St game unless it was like dream warriors. 

Well the multiplayer could be like F13 where it takes place at the end of the movie, where it would be in the dream world. You can have Part 1's neighborhood. Part 1's boiler room that was under the basement when she started dreaming. Part 2's power plant. Part 3's junk car lot. Part 3's epic boiler room. The abandoned Springwood from Part 6. There's so many options. 

Escaping would involve doing some task that's movie related that would wake you up. 

I wouldn't mind generic dreamers that resemble the actors with a sprinkle of authentic ones, just like in F13. Nancy and Alice could be like Tommy. Multiple ways to kill Freddy. 

The dream land from Part 4 with the church as the centerpiece. The hospital from Part 5....again, anything from FvJ should stay with F13.

Westin Hills Asylum from Part 3.

DBD has had, what, a year head start?

And, as the OP said, they don't play DBD as much as F13, and the grass is always greener. Sure, some people will prefer one game over the other, and some others will enjoy both (and some neither, too!).

We could make a list of positives of F13 that stack up as negatives for DBD, but... it's just silly. Both have things going for them, for what they each are. And they are truly very different games.

I am not convinced that the clothing packs and emotes are truly taking away the greater focus for the game, I'm not fan of the holiday and gimmicky themes. So far, I can't say it has ruined the game though (even though Retro Jason and costume parties could easily ruin my stylistic taste, expectations, and love of this franchise - I still haven't felt the game lessened while I play it - except when it is retro Jason, that does make it far less fun for me).

I just think those packs are easier, quicker things they can deliver while they're working on deeper, harder coding stuff. That being said, I dislike the idea of them wontonly adding things that will degrade the overall atmosphere.

The big awesome things of F13 are the sandbox style of play - it's more of a slasher simulator than a game. And, mostly, above and beyond other games - the fucking KILLS. You have to just enjoy/accept the game for what it is. Sure, there's more it could be, and might be eventually, but it is still something special as it is right now.

I, personally, do want Jason to be more devastating in average-to-lesser skilled players, but he's still pretty damn powerful. And I want less silly DLCs and more authentic and atmospheric-minded DLCs.

However, the only thing I really want them to focus on is continuing to smooth the game, fix the bugs, improve the product in those ways (including things like making a proper two-seater car, and fixing a few things that would make more sense).

Still, the overall game is a classic, in my opinion. I like niche games. Not sure how popular this game will remain (I hope VERY), but I like games because they're fun, different, innovative, and provide freedom to improvise and create variables within the game itself - while still providing fun action.

Anyway, maybe someone else would make a list the opposite way that the OP has... regardless, I'll hold this game up for its kills above the Moris and the entity alone.

I feel like DBD is like a horror-ish sports game (fix generators while the killer tries to bring you to the entity's base).

While F13 is a slasher simulator (stupid people run around doing stupid thiings while a vicious killer destroys them in creative ways).

DBD is boxing, while F13 is a brawl. DBD is fencing, while F13 is a sword fight.

Some will like the sport more than the sim, though. And that's fine.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I'm done

The devil is a liar!

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Shaild said:

2. If you can be Jason every match then the 85% of the players will go to Jason, good luck finding a match with counselours (at least pre grab patch)

Im so sick of seeing this dumb logic. It’s just not true. And if it was then maybe this game sucks. I mean if people wanna play as Jason then why make the game the way it is in the first place? I mean, this just reminds me of the fact that WE STILL HAVE NO SINGLE PLAYER MODE!!! What the fuck?! I’m sick of waiting, and I’m sick of seeing all the bs DLC cash grabs they keep releasing instead. I love F13. But I think the wrong developers got the rights to make this game. Didn’t they also make a Sonic the Hedgehog game too? Sonic Boom? I sorta feel like if that’s the case we shoulda seen this shit coming. 

it´s 7v1 and you don´t see waiting times if jason is chooseable? well, lucky for us we will never get to proove this. But the 7V1 ratio alone is a guarantee for way longer waitings than we have now.

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

The DLC killers in DBD are basically reskins. The character specific maps are basically reskins. Freddy, Leather and Myers never sent their victims up to an outer space crab creature. 

Lmao, are you playing the same game as the rest of us?! DbD has actual different play styles and different abilities for each killer.

Its F13 that are just re-skins. Ugh. SMH. If you don’t know what you’re talking about then don’t throw your two cents in cuz you sound like an idiot. 

1 person likes this

At the moment there are few things that dead by daylight actually does better than Friday the 13th, and they all revolve around pretty much online stuff, but if you look at the overall presentations of the games Friday 13th is A head by Miles, I mean even when you look at Freddy in the new game there is nothing that makes Freddy Krueger Unique to dead by daylight he doesn't have any kind of unique kills he doesn't have anything other than his image to say that he is Freddy Krueger and his characters design was horrible and his animations are all clunky it's not even funny I mean have you actually seen the videos where they show Freddy in a third-person view it's completely horrible, One thing about Jason when you play the game you can definitely tell who Jason is, you actually feel like the character,   one thing I will say in favor of gun media, they had enough sense to bring the most beloved Jason actor to at least do the motion caption for Jason,

Also if you add all the DLC up in dead by daylight you're still paying about $40 for a  Game with only one game  mode, the cool thing about Jason yes it will cost $40 but it's not even a full game yet once it's a full game I think it will be well worth $40.  I think if any other company would have handled this game other than gun media considering the landscape video games today we would have had to pay for each individual Jason, but we got them Free

also, you really can't compare these two games for the fact that Jason is more like an open world game and it seems like dead by daylight it's just a really fast paste mini-game that's just my two cents about  the subject 

7 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

Also if you add all the DLC up in dead by daylight you're still paying about $40 for a  Game with only one game  mode, the cool thing about Jason yes it will cost $40 but it's not even a full game yet once it's a full game I think it will be well worth $40.  I think if any other company would have handled this game other than gun media considering the landscape video games today we would have had to pay for each individual Jason, but we got them Free

Most deffo. there is no doubt about that and they couldve, i'm sure they would've made more money out of that than anything else.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

I think the wrong developers got the rights to make this game. Didn’t they also make a Sonic the Hedgehog game too? Sonic Boom? I sorta feel like if that’s the case we shoulda seen this shit coming. 

Couldn’t possibly agree more. If it weren’t for the fact that I’ve been a lifelong fan of the F13 franchise, I would have abandoned this colossal turd a long time ago. I hope that if there ever is another game Sean S. Cunningham will give the license to a developer that actually knows how to make a game. And I pray that these hacks never get their hands on another horror franchise. Besides this game, Gun Media and Illfonic will never see a cent from me again.

3 people like this

Lol..  DBD.

Game looks like it was made in 2008.  Hell i know games that looked better than DBD in 2008.

WoOoo Hooks and generators..   HooOks HooOks and generators.   And maps that look like something out of minecraft.

Only thing cool about that game is the Killers.  Which are also over hyped..  Hooks hooks and generators WWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEhat ever.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Lmao, are you playing the same game as the rest of us?! DbD has actual different play styles and different abilities for each killer.

Its F13 that are just re-skins. Ugh. SMH. If you don’t know what you’re talking about then don’t throw your two cents in cuz you sound like an idiot. 

Nope. Those differences aren't enough and the unique attributes they give them are cute at best.  I don't know anything about the default killers so maybe they're amazing, but the licenced ones are cheap. 

The game is a cash grab piece of trash as far as I can tell. 

1 person likes this

On topic.

The biggest shortcomings of F13 lie in a great concept (F13 Franchise + Core Fear Mechanic) as the base, but the fundamental game structure built on the base is overly simplistic. It is hard to fine tune and balance a game (either equally or asymmetrically) when the underlying design over-simplified. I get that they probably did this because they were in a time crunch/small team/inexperienced, but it leads to many of the issues we see the fan base griping about. We as players, not engineers, see the most visible aspects of the game design. We can calculate how long a stun takes, how far a grab goes, how fast a character model moves. We can develop a meta-game based on the empirical evidence we have. We can even point out surface flaws we have observed.

Herein lies some of our problem. Most of our suggestions affect the "surface" aspects of the game design that we can observe(i.e. fix grab, fix traps, fix +Destruction, awards, etc.). The Devs have been kind enough to oblige and change things, but these surface adjustments are not fine-tuning adjustments. They tend to shift game play dynamics quite wildly. They in-turn get backlash because the pendulum is swinging too hard one way or another.:rolleyes: Fine-tuning should be done in the underlying game structure, with the observable surface gameplay subtly reflecting adjustments.

I don't think comparing the two games point for point is very useful. They are quite different in what they are trying to achieve. I do think that looking at successful points of design are helpful though. What will make players happy? Will this support the vision of the game?

I can't comprehend how we didn't have a fully worked out progression/perk system and somehow got a lottery.:o Why is Jason's ability design so inconsistent? We have +Traps, Neutral Traps, and - Traps. Yet, somehow, we got +Throwing Knives (with no neutral or negative). Who cares about starting with 2 knives? This is why there are so many abilities nobody values, or alternately, they over-value. The game is suppose to be asymmetrically balanced (Jason v. Counselors)....not  based on how their damn abilities function and balance internally. If some abilities are going to be worthless...just don't include them. Or, come up with a "good idea fairy" and shake some pixie dust on your engineers to implement a better solution.

Other problems (in no particular order of significance):

1. Game Stability

2. Dedicated Servers

3. Glitches/Bugs

4. Negative Press killing off interest (tied to all the crap that has come before)

1 person likes this